• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation: "When Worlds Collide" [Insomniac game, leaked as R&C: Into The Nexus]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sn00zer

I hope it won't be a "rush job" like the latest Insomniac titles.
I also hope it won't try to be something other than a good old Ratchet game.
I also also hope it will be 1080p, 60fps.

This is crazy talk...but I have no doubt there will be PS4 Ratchet...just in time to coincide with the movie release

Dug

Banned
did any one get a screen page capture?
jxiWuNT.png

89aUQYR.png

Yup.

Yawnier

Banned
Guys, I'm pretty sure famousmortimer already said it's on PS3.

If true, it blows my mind even more how much Sony supports their older console in the final year compared to MS this generation with the 360 (besides Gears earlier this year, what is even left for exclusive games on that console? Just WoT?) and Nintendo as well in their final year with the Wii before the Wii U announced.

It gives me less of an incentive personally to pick up a PS4 in its earlier months, basically.

Tucah

you speak so well
Epilogue, so probably another PSN game? Anyway, as long as it's a traditional R&C (as all signs point to) I'm there day 1.

GeoramA

It's PS3. BruceLeeRoy pretty much backed famousmortimer on it.

Don't really care what system it's on. It's A Crack in Time 2 announcement out of buttfuck nowhere. So happy right now.

Odrion

Banned
If true, it blows my mind even more how much Sony supports their older console in the final year compared to MS this generation with the 360 (besides Gears earlier this year, what is even left for exclusive games on that console? Just WoT?) and Nintendo as well in their final year with the Wii before the Wii U announced.

It gives me less of an incentive personally to pick up a PS4 in its earlier months, basically.
Yeah, bummer.

ReaperXL7

well damn, if this had been PS4, or Vita I would have jumped on it. Sadly PS3 means its a no go for me which while sad, it still exciting because it means Insomniac has not given up on R&C which I am happy about.

Hope it will be good, and successful for them

Mifune

Mehmber
It's looking like it's PS3 but just to be clear: all famousmortimer knows is that three months ago Insomniac was working on a PS3 Ratchet game. Could the platform have changed in three months? Maybe but probably not.

I heard about the game several months ago and just assumed PS4. Mortimor said it was PS3 from the get go though. My contact didn't know what platform.

If its on PS3 I hope it's cross play I adore this series.

Muitnorts

I guess I'll join the chorus and say I want it for PS4.
But really, I'm just thrilled to have a proper Ratchet adventure again. PS3 is going out with an almighty bang. What a year.

Idk that looks like a Next Gen font to me in the logo, I think this pretty much confirms Ps4.

next gen font lol
your probably kidding right

anyway highly likely its ps3 which is a bummer but probably will still get it... hope it becomes a trilogy then so we can see the sequel on ps4

EDIT
speaking of the font it does not have the future in it? either new series or PSN title?

Yawnier

Banned
It's looking like it's PS3 but just to be clear: all famousmortimer knows is that three months ago Insomniac was working on a PS3 Ratchet game. Could the platform have changed in three months? Maybe but probably not.

IIRC, the current Ratchet engine is highly optimized for the PS3 console, so I'm thinking it would be more than a bit difficult to move a game like this to PS4 if it has been in development for a while already (or maybe not so)?

Hence the really bad FFA port job to the Vita.

Toppot

I dont know where else to post this but there is a huge weird gameplay/story dissonance in Crack in Time
Clank-"No Ratchet/Asimov we can never use the clock to change time!"
Uses clock to go back in time when meeting back with Ratchet multiple times to change time to fix very minor things

The Plumber said "I wouldn't risk any more than six minutes" in Clanks subconscious

Mifune

Mehmber
I don't know, from the thumbnails it's pretty clear that the PS3 couldn't handle those character models. And that image quality...WOW.

Espada

Holy crap, a follow up to Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time!

On one hand I'm excited as fuck, but on the other I'm worried about the quality of this game. The last few Ratchet games have been phoned in, and efforts like Fuse make me doubt if Insomniac's still got it.

Aaarggghh!

sn00zer

The Plumber said "I wouldn't risk any more than six minutes" in Clanks subconscious

hmmmm, even so, he constantly talks about the dangers of changing the past....but yeah that makes sense

Also I love how the Plumber has become a sort of omnipresent being that has god-like powers....it would be funny if it is revealed he is a deity of sorts

If it is the epilogue to Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time, why put it on the next-gen console? Finish it on PS3.

JStevenson must be getting a kick out of this thread.

next gen font lol
your probably kidding right

anyway highly likely its ps3 which is a bummer but probably will still get it... hope it becomes a trilogy then so we can see the sequel on ps4

EDIT
speaking of the font it does not have the future in it? either new series or PSN title?
You can't make flat edges like that on current tech brahs.
I'm kidding, but still hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

libregkd

Random thought: Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time were part of the 'Future' line of games. This is clearly missing that.
Which is odd when the description says its the epilogue to those two games. Unless what we are seeing is just the EU logo (Which both ToD and ACiT had the Future part dropped for whatever reason) but that'd be even weirder lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom