• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

Since I had to clear all of Fuyuki/Orleans on this account and I'm still low level I was concerned about being able to clear out the shop. I still don't know if I can, but I've almost got my second Maid in Halloween and I've found lots of bats along the way. The worst thing about being this level again is I waste AP if I sleep through the night, lol. But AP refills happening frequently is nice.

Strimei

Trying for Tamamo has made me thankful that the majority of servants I want are 4*.

And also thankful that Scathach has a welfare version next summer because yeaaaaah I doubt I'm getting her, heh.

I just looked at a Servant list and, based only on appearance, the Servants that made me go "oh that would be really nice to have" are... Arash and David.

So yay for low aspirations, I guess.

Orleans made me want Marie Antoinette, though...

Grazzt

New guerilla quest is out. Sumani is considered as dragon servant so we can easily finish this week's master quest.
It seems later quests have higher level pumpkin leaders, so pumpkin head drop rate should be better.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is it worth doing the visitor in the night quests?

Caster missions back for the week.

...kinda tempted to switch to them for the day, lol.

With Gudaguda and all its materials coming up, I think it's just about time to stop farming materials and turn to farming QP all the time.

Soon there will be enough materials. Meanwhile I have seen my QP stock from last month vaporize in a few days.

Lockon

Spent 10 tickets and 450 quartz (spent $160). Here's what I got:
Servants:

Tamamo
Jeanne
d'Eon
3 Tamamo Cats (NP4 now)
3 Euryale (NP4 now)

CE:
2 Little Devil
11 Halloween Arrangements...
Black Grail
Prima Cosmos
Limited/Zero Over

I'm glad I got Tamamo (+Jeanne I guess) even with the money spent since there are many other people who spent more and didn't get Tamamo...

I don't think I ever posted my ID: 209,568,643
Add me since I got a lot of slots open and deleting inactives
and here's my supports:
WEAwbaY.png

x-Lundz-x

Servants:

Tamamo
Jeanne
d'Eon
3 Tamamo Cats (NP4 now)
3 Euryale (NP4 now)

CE:
2 Little Devil
11 Halloween Arrangements...
Black Grail
Prima Cosmos
Limited/Zero Over

I'm glad I got Tamamo (+Jeanne I guess) even with the money spent since there are many other people who spent more and didn't get Tamamo...

I don't think I ever posted my ID: 209,568,643
Add me since I got a lot of slots open and deleting inactives
and here's my supports:

Nice! Friend request sent.

Mirado

Very nice indeed! Tossed a friend request your way.

The items in the event shop are a pain in the ass to farm. Impossible to clear it.

I don't think a clear is really necessary this time around, though. I'm leaving the monuments and pieces (we have proper dailies now), the XP, and Trick or Treat (it seems kinda garbage) for last, if I get them at all. I also only really need the scales out of the materials, although I'll circle back to the others if I have time. So I'm realistically looking at:

530 bats
70 pumpkins (I'm only getting one Maid for now + one from a support, although as I acquire pumpkins I may go for two if the bat farming is too slow)
700 candles
500 cakes (basically just the Liz but this can go up as I trade in other items for cakes for more materials)

Of which I've already done 258 bats, 36 pumpkins, 150 candles, and 90 cakes. The cakes will come fast once I get over my pumpkin goal, so my only fears right now are the candles (I'll pivot hard to those if I have to as most of my current and hopefully future servants are dying for scales) and not getting the Princess CE drop for the limit break, but I have an assload of apples and am ready to drop them if necessary.

Plus, the missions seem pretty easy, at least so far, which is always nice.

Shinypogs

I'm only level 29 so I can only afford to equip 2 event ce on my team. One jack o lantern and one halloween arrangement. Still I get decent drops and I can always find a friend with the little devil so I can rake in 4 pumpkin plus the reward one per guerrilla quest. Well when they wanna drop anyways. Did the 30 ap free quest and barely got by thanks to friend summon though I should have switched herc out for a non zerker cause he just melted to vlad. Haven't tried the 40 ap quest yet.

I may not clear the shop but for my first real event my main goal is to max the free servant we got and that Halloween princess ce because I am in need of anything that boost np. Anything extra I can purchase is gravy.

Are there still no optimal answers for which quests to farm and what CE layouts to use?

Farm Guerrilla/40ap until you have pumpkins for the Maid in Halloween CEs.

Farm 30ap until you have enough bats for the Halloween Princess CE/You get a H.Princess CE drop.

Go back to farming 40ap/Guerilla/Party Quests
Adjust CEs based on what you're focusing on.

If you're worried about RNG preventing you from limit breaking the H. Princess CE, keep at least one copy of 'Lunatic Party' Quest (not out yet) so you can kill Atlante and withdraw if you don't get the CE.

chrono01

Farm 30ap until you have enough bats for the Halloween Princess CE/You get a H.Princess CE drop.

If you're worried about RNG preventing you from limit breaking the H. Princess CE, keep at least one copy of 'Lunatic Party' Quest (not out yet) so you can kill Atlante and withdraw if you don't get the CE.
This is great advice.

I currently bought my second Maid CE, after I get my third I'll follow this suggestion. Well, I will need another 10 pumpkin to grab the other Tamamo copy, as well as a few Crystallized Lore, but I'm hoping I'll get enough for that just for the rest of the guerilla quests.

Articalys

How many of each should I be aiming for? I have two Maid CEs already and just enough pumpkins to get a third. None of the Princess yet.

I'm not sure if I should target the Crystalized Lore before other items or not, but I'll probably want it eventually; does that mean I should pick a support with the Devil CE and otherwise run 2/3 for Bats and 3/2 for Candles?
I've ignored most of the Party quests so far since as far as I know they can only drops bats, but now that I have 2/3 Maid CEs I was going to start running them, but I'll save the Lunatic ones for the end.

T-Rex.

Banned
We don't know what the drop rate for Halloween Princess on the Atalante quest will be though. I mean it could be a much higher rate than the 30AP, but higher than utter ass could still be ass. Going from a 0.8% rate to like 2% wouldn't really make it worth it.

Hopefully it's good though.

Grazzt

Party quests only drop one pile of bats. You won’t miss much without three maids.

Edit: I was wrong. Last one dropped three piles. So leave them until you have 3 copies of maid ce

Moonlight

Banned
80 more pumpkins to go and I can probably transition down to 30 AP to try farming bats and hopefully the last Halloween Princess CE. Really want it maxed out, my Vlad would probably appreciate it.

Rixa

The feeling when you raise level cap from 50 to 60 and feed last of your enhancers for xp to get it 50 to 53. Then you get super success voila level 57. Small joys of rng acting favourable.
Not so joy is the party cost issue. And it will be there for long time :(

Oh, really? If so, I might do the same.

I just got my first 20 pumpkins this morning, so I grabbed my first Maid CE. I'm debating now whether to continue farming 30AP for the Princess CE or start on 40AP. I really...really need this CE max LB'd, since I'm in desperate need of NP-related CE (having had poor luck with the gacha), and considering I haven't had much luck in the past with 5* CE drops from events, I'm a little concerned. :(

Have you considered simply using a LBed Dragon's Meridian ? Its a 3* CE that when LBed gives 50% NP charge at the start of the battle, which is only 10% worse than Imaginary Around which gives 60%. The only thing you are losing out from Princess is the 20% NP damage, which is nice but probably not a deal breaker. You can still instant NP with Waver (30 + 10 + 10), and its really easy to get if you are swimming in friend points. Party cost is cheap too.

I've been using it since I only have 1 Imaginary Around and it works great for general farming.

RSchmitz

At first I was having pretty good pumpkin drops, now they are terrible...
I'm considering doing 30 ap after I bought a second copy of the CE. I really want MLB Halloween Princess.

kewlmyc

Hmm, can't decide if I should Max Ascend Drake first or Altera first. Both require 5 hearts and I have no idea when GuraGura is dropping. I guess Drake since I have enough XP cards to hopefully get her to 90.

Hmm, can't decide if I should Max Ascend Drake first or Altera first. Both require 5 hearts and I have no idea when GuraGura is dropping. I guess Drake since I have enough XP cards to hopefully get her to 90.

Drake has more stat gains during her last 10 levels, so efficiency wise you should prioritize max ascending her first. But you can just go with whoever you like more first, since Altera also has respectable stat gains during her last ten levels (around 1000 HP/ATK).

elty

Assuming you only have:

0 Pumpkin CE
3 Bat CE (purchased with 60 pumpkins)
4 Candle CE (purchased with 400 bats)

40AP: Best for Pumpkin and Cupcake, Good for Bat and Candle
30AP: Best for Bat, Good for Candle
20AP: Best for Candle

I think the optimal load CE load would be:

40AP: 1x Pumpkin CE, 3x Bat CE, 2x Candle CE
30AP: 4x Bat CE, 2x Candle CE
20AP: 1x Bat CE, 5x Candle CE (you probably only run this because you need candle, otherwise 30 and 40 AP is better for all other 3 currency)
10AP: Not worth doing

Guerilla: 1x Pumpkin CE, 3x Bat CE, 2x Candle CE
Party: 4x Bat CE

So...

1. Farm 60 pumpkins from Guerilla/40AP to buy 3x Bat CE
2. Farm 400 bat from 30 AP to buy 4x Candle CE
3. Go back to 40 AP to ensure you can clear out the essential stuff from pumpkin store (Liz and Lore) (*remember you get guaranteed pumpkin from Guerilla so this stage should be relatively short)
4. Keep doing 30 AP ensure you can clear out the essential stuff from bat store (Liz and Candy) and candle store (Liz and scale)
5. Do lunatic party quest if you still haven't get the CE, or move on to other quests depending on what you need
6. Make sure you have/can convert enough cupcakes for the cupcake store (Liz and bronze mat)

Assuming you only have:

0 Pumpkin CE
3 Bat CE (purchased with 60 pumpkins)
4 Candle CE (purchased with 400 bats)

40AP: Best for Pumpkin and Cupcake, Good for Bat and Candle
30AP: Best for Bat, Good for Candle
20AP: Best for Candle

I think the optimal load CE load would be:

40AP: 1x Pumpkin CE, 3x Bat CE, 2x Candle CE
30AP: 4x Bat CE, 2x Candle CE
20AP: 1x Bat CE, 5x Candle CE (you probably only run this because you need candle, otherwise 30 and 40 AP is better for all other 3 currency)
10AP: Not worth doing

Guerilla: 1x Pumpkin CE, and cupcake CE if you want
Party: 3x Bat CE

So...

1. Farm 60 pumpkins from Guerilla/40AP to buy 3x Bat CE
2. Farm 400 bat from 30 AP to buy 4x Candle CE
3. Go back to 40 AP to ensure you can clear out the essential stuff from pumpkin store (Liz and Lore)
4. Keep doing 30 AP ensure you can clear out the essential stuff from bat store (Liz and Candy) and candle store (Liz and scale)
5. Do lunatic party quest if you still haven't get the CE, or move on to other quests depending on what you need
6. Make sure you have/can convert enough cupcakes for the cupcake store (Liz and bronze mat)

Pretty much agree. I would bring pumpkin + bats/candles to guerilla though depending on the enemies in it. The servants always drops bats unless you are lucky enough to get a CE drop. The second one has a decent number of candles dropping. Party should be 4x bat if you include supporters.

I would also think by the time you finish step 1, you should have enough bats for 2x candle CE, which is all you need for farming (note my farming may be skewed since I had gatcha CEs from rolling for Tamamo)., so I would then jump to 30 AP for CE drop, relying on guerilla to provide me with the remaining pumpkins. And finish up pumpkins at the end if not enough.

Also the candle CE is best on your main attackers, since it provides some starting NP gauge

Pejo

I'm around 1200 AP in to the 30AP free quest and still no Princess CE drop. I don't consider it wasted time yet since I'm getting lots of bats/candles, but I need to get on those pumpkins soon. If this damn CE would drop I'd feel so much better about being able to clear out the shop. I might regret it later, but I think if it comes down to not having enough pumpkins, I'm going to skip the lore.

There's no reason you'd ever need to max LB the Maid CE right?

Quonny

I'm around 1200 AP in to the 30AP free quest and still no Princess CE drop. I don't consider it wasted time yet since I'm getting lots of bats/candles, but I need to get on those pumpkins soon. If this damn CE would drop I'd feel so much better about being able to clear out the shop. I might regret it later, but I think if it comes down to not having enough pumpkins, I'm going to skip the lore.

There's no reason you'd ever need to max LB the Maid CE right?

Apparently Atalanta in an upcoming party quest has a fairly high drop rate. I'm going to farm the 30 AP and save that daily until the very end, so if it doesn't drop from the 30 AP quest I can keep restarting the party quest until it drops.

Mupod

Got Tamamo ascended once by sneaking in some exp missions in order to get strategic level-ups. Gotta focus on the event itself as much as I can, but a lot of these missions give really bad EXP and I want to exploit my low level while I can.

Sucks that Fox Wedding is on the 3rd ascension, there's no way I can farm that much exp during this event even if I did manage to find a heart. But I'm on track now, 2 maids and 2 princesses bought.

I definitely want to max out Halloween Princess but I'm not gonna immediately jump into farming it. If I don't have a drop by the last few days then I'll do the Atalanta thing.

Just blew 15 summon tickets because I've never done a 10 pull after I realized I should wait for specific rate ups.

Did it specifically for Little Halloween Devil, which I got, along with 3 other four stars, which were only gravy after the first one. Don't really want to push my luck for any servants so I'm happy to stop here.

Shinypogs

Just watched the saga of Ziss pulling for francis drake. On one hand I envy anyone who has that kind of free luxury money. On then other hand jfc rng can be damn fickle.

Stenlock

Neo Member
And now I have 0 quartz (f2p).
Zero 4* stars since mid-August, apart from my 6th copy Altera spooking me.

I just wanted SOMETHING, it didn't have to be Tamamo or Drake ffs, any 4 servant would have been fine after 2 months of rolling and getting absolutely nothing. Honestly, I just feel like quitting at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom