• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LawBreakers |OT| Zero G, With Cliffy B

E92 M3

DCJAXzvXgAE_lkv.jpg

LawBreakers is an FPS from Cliff Bleszinski and his studio, Boss Key. It focuses on quick action around maps that have a gravity differential.

COST: $29.99 (regular) $39.99 (Deadzo)

PLAY IT ON: August 7th, 2017 9:00 P.M. PST (PS4), August 7th, 2017 5:00 P.M. EST (Steam)

EDITIONS: Regular, VERY limited physical release, and Deadzo (Deluxe) it includes:

The Deadzo Deluxe Edition includes everything from the Regular Edition plus:

-6 exclusive Character Skins:
Cronos|Jailbreak
Faust|Kommando
Kintaro|Casanova
Sunshine|Vega
Maverick|Electra
Hellion|Caracal

-5 exclusive ‘Hadronium Blue' Weapon Skins for:
Enforcer's Aerator
Titan's Crisper
Assassin's Arc Blades
Gunslinger's Alpha & Omega
Battle Medic's Lobber

-Exclusive Deadzo Weapon Stickers:
Deadzo
Deadzo Metal
Deadzo Holo

-Exclusive Deadzo Account Portrait

PLATFORMS: PC and PS4 (they have hinted at an Xbox edition coming later)

LINKS TO PURCHASE:

- Steam Both Editions

- PSN Regular Edition

- PSN Deadzo Edition

PRELOADS ARE NOW AVAILABLE

DEVELOPER:

logo.png

Boss Key Productions - a brand new studio dedicated to making FUN shooters.

Lawbreakers is their first creation.

They can be found at www.bosskey.com

GAME MODES:

Games modes in LawBreakers focus on facilitating action while promoting teamwork. They just announced Occupy, which will be a KoTH like mode (doesn't have a fancy graphic).

j30FCqa.png

15OxuL7.png

z7DKwqP.png

Idqx0AX.png

CHARACTERS:

LawBreakers offers a cast of unique heroes that have their own skills, weapons, mobility options, and looks. The Law and the Breakers are dueling sides that have unique looking characters that perform equally. Each hero's name is linked to a YouTube video that describes their ability.

pjv9RjU.jpg

ASSASSIN - With two razor-sharp blades and an energy shotgun at her disposal, the Assassin excels in close-quarters-combat. Capable of grappling to any surface or target, dashing in any direction, and disorienting incoming enemies and projectiles, the Assassin is a deceptive enemy that can traverse the battlefield with a deadly grace.

BATTLE MEDIC - The high-flying Battle Medic can rain explosives from up on high while simultaneously keeping multiple teammates alive. Their cohort of medical drones, a deadly grenade launcher, and a backup energy pistol allow the Battle Medic to weave between contributing to the carnage and helping their allies achieve greatness.

ENFORCER - Agile and armed to the teeth, the Enforcer comes loaded with a shoulder-mounted launcher, an assault rifle, a shock pistol, and ability-disabling grenades. With a well-rounded arsenal suitable for many situations, and a time-distorting ability capable of increasing weapon and movement speeds for nearby allies, the Enforcer is both a stalwart ally and a fearsome enemy.

GUNSLINGER - An expert at precision combat, capable of unleashing a flurry of shots from simultaneously wielding two very different guns, the Gunslinger is a lethal marksman with unpredictable movement. Combined with the ability to teleport short distances, and a tactical knife that reveals enemy positions, the Gunslinger can rip through enemy defenses before they even knew he was there.

HARRIER - Laser guns, laser boots, laser blasts. The Harrier wields intense energy as deftly as a martial artist wields their fists, not only using its power as a weapon, but also as a way to cut across the combat zone. Capable of dealing a constant stream of damage from a distance, the Harrier also provides their allies with a resupply point for them to rally towards.

JUGGERNAUT - The fearsome Juggernaut units can barrel through defenses just as easily as they can take the punishment. With an armored protocol system and a deployable energy shield, Juggernauts can hold out long enough to get close, then finish their targets with a devastating shotgun and blade capable of tearing through any personal armor.

TITAN - No one is as capable of pulverizing through the enemy's defensive line quite like the Titan. With a chain lightning gun and rocket launcher in tow, and the ability to lock enemies down with a dense gravity bomb, Titans can dispatch multiple enemies just as easily as a single one. Enrage them enough and they'll go into a berserker rage, unleashing a devastating stream of electrical mayhem while pushing their stamina to the limits.

VANGUARD - Vanguards feature full-flight capabilities with afterburners strapped to their backs, a powerful tri-core cannon mounted to their suits, and an array of cluster grenades that can carpet a location in anti-personnel explosives. Once charged up, their suits can turn a Vanguard into a veritable fireball, capable of shattering enemies on impact and distorting gravity around them.

WRAITH - Armed with an automatic pistol in one hand and an explosive blade in the other, Wraiths can leap off walls and air pockets just as easily as they can slide through enemy defenses. To even the field of play when the odds aren't in their favor, Wraiths can tap into the dormant gravitational energy around them to distort time to slow their targets into submission.

MAPS:

Much like the characters, the maps are also the stars of this game. Each map features a low-gravity section that allows for intensive combat maneuvers.

nLPJOGO.jpg

HELPFUL LINKS:

(CLICK TO VIEW)

Review thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1418066

Q & A:

Q: IS THIS GAME LIKE OVERWATCH?

A: ABSOLUTELY NOT. WHILE THE GAME HAS HEROES AND PROMOTES TEAMWORK, IT PLAYS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT AND FOCUSES ON INDIVIDUAL SKILL. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS OVERWATCH, PLEASE DO IT HERE:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387837

Q: IS THIS ONLINE-ONLY?

A: YES

Q: DOES IT HAVE MICROTRANSACTIONS?

A: YES, BUT IT'S ALL COSMETIC. ALL FUTURE MAPS, CHARACTERS, AND WILL BE FREE!

Q: IS THERE A SINGLE PLAYER?

A: NO, IT'S AN ONLINE-ONLY COMPETITIVE SHOOTER.

Q: DOES IT HAVE A PHYSICAL RELEASE?

A: YES, BUT IT'S VERY LIMITED. IT'S "INTENDED" TO BE A DIGITAL GAME.

Q: THIS GAME LOOKS TOO INTIMIDATING FOR ME. WILL THERE BE TUTORIALS?

A: YES! YOU CAN TAKE YOUR TIME TO LEARN EVERYTHING. THERE WILL ALSO BE SKILL-BASED MATCHMAKING.

COMMUNITY CONTENT:

This section will demonstrate various content from the community that highlights what LB is all about.

0vQgXdh.gif

giphy.gif

oDOlCSH.gif

Author notes:

This is my first OT and I understand it may not be the best. That said, I hope it conveys this game properly. Special thanks to CommandThrower for providing the helpful links section.

Thanks!

shaneo632

I was legit shocked how long it took for the game to load character renders on the character selection menu, it was like 5-10 seconds, and you couldn't just select the character without the render loading first, which was super annoying. Maybe it's better on PS4 Pro but on OG it was horrible.

E92 M3

I was legit shocked how long it took for the game to load character renders on the character selection menu, it was like 5-10 seconds, and you couldn't just select the character without the render loading first, which was super annoying. Maybe it's better on PS4 Pro but on OG it was horrible.

I played it on the Pro, so can't comment. Hopefully they fixed the technical bugs!

Nice debut OT, well done!!

Got the Deadzo Edition pre-loaded and ready to go on PS4...just a few more hours to wait :(

E92 M3

great OT!

I'm ready. Only 30 bucks and Destiny won't come out for PC for another 2 or 3 months. Gives me some decent time to get good at Lawbreakers

Is this game like Overwatch?

EDIT: NM, read the Q & A. So its more like free for all?

It has hero shooter mechanics like Overwatch, but the gameplay is quite different. Much more akin to Unreal Tournament/Quake imo. It makes sense too, considering the guy who made it is the guy who made Unreal

So... kinda? Overwatch is a lot more grounded, while the sheer amount of mobility in Lawbreakers seperates it into something like Titanfall.

Budi

Thanks for the nice OT!
Edit: Hah, we are already at Overwatch =P The gameplay is more reminiscent of Quake and Tribes to me.

AudioEppa

Man I really want to play this game, but I can't afford it this month, gaming money is on Hellblade and Uncharted TLL.

Unfortunately now I have to see what kind of activity this game still has within a month or two.

If the community dies off quick, there might not be a reason to pick it up.

Btw awesome OT :)

Dina

I just bought this, can't wait until it unlocks in 10 hours - although I'll be sleeping by then.

EL CUCO

Nice OT, Trance.

Looking forward to playing this when I get home from work today and giving PUBG a break.
Are there bots for practice?
In the beta there was a tutorial option with stationary dummies you can shoot, but they are not bots in the traditional sense.

pitchfork

Watched a few streams of this over the weekend, looks pretty decent. Shame its not coming to Xbox, but hopefully it'll do well enough on PS to make it happen. Real tough time to launch on PC though

hollomat

Banned
Game seems fun and I enjoyed the betas. However I'm going to wait a week to see how the player count is before purchasing. Those player counts during the beta had me worried.

E92 M3

Watched a few streams of this over the weekend, looks pretty decent. Shame its not coming to Xbox, but hopefully it'll do well enough on PS to make it happen. Real tough time to launch on PC though

It was hinted that it was coming to Xbox. I really think MS will scoop it up eventually.

Nice OT, Trance.

Looking forward to playing this when I get home from work today and giving PUBG a break.

In the beta there was a tutorial option with stationary dummies you can shoot, but they are not bots in the traditional sense.

Thanks!

I just bought this, can't wait until it unlocks in 10 hours - although I'll be sleeping by then.

I'm thinking of staying up late, but we'll see.

Hah, I love the thread title.

It was the overall community winner :p

IHaveIce

Banned
Played this a shit ton of time from last gamescom through all betas to now.. and can say now I'm not that interested anymore, many playstyles I loved are not anymore possible in the game, certain classes were still not nerfed after being obvious they are OP.

Will wait

Kayant

Wheres the Xbox version Clifford
Soon™

And to note both Sony and MS where shown or saw the game around the same time -

MS - https://mobile.twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/637394356190728192

Sony - https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/638025643624558592

So without knowing full details clearly one pushed for it more than the other because no formal exclusivity was announced.

E92 M3

Can't wait to get back to Wraith - and will work on mastering Assassin (she seems to get a ton of skins) next.

My personal favorite is Vanguard

There's several I like switching between depending on how things are going

I had a lot of fun with Assassin in the closed beta when she was a hack and slash monster but they toned her down hard in the open beta. Haha. Still enjoy her for movement but the sword takes a lot more skill, I'll probably start using the alt fire

E92 M3

Couple of things you missed OP:

The Blitzball is voiced by Justin Roiland (Rick and Morty)

We created the dynamic theme in tandem with BKP, and it's probably the most graphically complex of its kind to date:

https://youtu.be/OZWbVaFyUM0 (Video sped up to show all the camera angles)

:)

That's really neat. Can you PM me please if you have any "snow based" dynamic themes?

What do we have to do to get Sony to launch this at the same time Steam does?

E92 M3

What was everyone's best kill streak? In the beta, I managed to get 12 before dying, but that game was just overall insane for me. Think I got 40 or so kills.

DGLlpCFW0AENdWn.jpg

What was everyone's best kill streak? In the beta, I managed to get 12 before dying, but that game was just overall insane for me. Think I got 40 or so kills.

DGLlpCFW0AENdWn.jpg

i kill one but then there's always 3 others chasing me. probably because i don't not familiar to the location of the healhpack/health station lol.

i keed. i don't remember my kill streak. have to see when the game launch unless everything is reset.

Champloo4

Nice OT, E92.

Subbing! Can't wait to dive in to this. I loved the Beta.

Would love to join up w/ LawbreakersGAF. I'm Champloo4 on PSN.

(Probably won't have it at launch tommorrow since I ordered the CE from Limited Run Games. Hopefully later this week!)

Top Bottom