• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Naturally, I'm obligated to post da graphx

DAt8jA0UMAYcybD.png:small

Shame I spent all my jewels on the discount banner. Ah, I probably wouldn't have pulled from this anyway. Is that Aqua medal even worth it?

woo lad
That's pretty dang good.
That's like twice the chance of getting a HD Namine each time.
Although no dots..
Maybe next week will be same deal but with dots? lol

If there is one thing global does better than JP, it's the banner deals I think.(Well besides JP having a lot of mercy pulls)

"・?????????? (to be announced May 30)
・?????????? (to be announced Jun. 2)
"

So... falling price deal incoming?
Or maybe Riku 0.2 and Mickey 0.2 incoming?

Imo 0.2 medals aren't that great, except for maybe endurance stuff.
They also cost quite a bit of SP to use.

deanote666

Step 1: remove mercy pull so most people have to pull a lot of extra times to get 1.
Step 2: make them get 2 of them by spending hundreds of $ on this step and step 1.
Step 3: Make them do step 1 and 2 2 more times.

Whale bait is why we aren't getting brooms.

Thank goodness. JP finally getting 0 AP again. I can finally get enough jewels to pull for HD Xion.
I'll be farther in JP than global. lol

I should do some quests in global maybe too since its 0 ap.

deanote666

Next week:

Illustrated Aqua + broom servant banner. 1 of each per pull.
Daily jewel quests
VIP broom servant quest
VIP quest that gives ALL the medals.

Those VIP brooms quest are totally not worth the cost of entry.

No, SENA, I'm not going to pay $15 dollars for what is effectively one dot. Do better.

deanote666

DBCYba8UMAAMRq5.png:small

Decent medal, but even if I had jewels I wouldn't pull.

I'm not pulling either. I already know not to try and guilt non-mercy medals to get the 0.2 Terra/Ventus... I will probably get the banner 0.2 medals over the course of other pulls if they stay in the pool.

The only ones I'm willing to pull for in the near future are 0.2 Kairi and Ex Sephiroth...

deanote666

You say that so matter-of-factly. ._.

It's not a good thing that it's been forever since our last event medal, which I think was Pooh Bear?

With all of these non-mercy whale bait pulls, why would they give out free event medals?

Wasn't the last event Maleficent B? Almost 2 months ago now...

With all of these non-mercy whale bait pulls, why would they give out free event medals?

Wasn't the last event Maleficent B? Almost 2 months ago now...

No, Pooh Bear definitely came after that.

By the way, I'm going through the Proud quests and I noticed that there's an animation bug with cutscenes. Whenever a sprite changes they briefly change the direction they're facing before looking back at their original direction. I actually noticed this right when Union X dropped, but I thought it would be fixed by now.

Yeah, we're definitely catching up. We've also skipped over some medals for whatever reason (Experiment 626 and Flash, Minnie VD Ver., among others). So yeah.

lol Minnie VD Ver was apart of freaking set 6...

Unrelated: But currently sitting in top 2k in Coliseum on JP... so insane I got this high. I am still going up too, I think I could legit make top 500 if I had Dark Gnaw, but sadly I'd have to do 200 quests to get it. :/

deanote666

New cross boards/quests tomorrow.

Bonus times at 7pm and 11pm PT.

Armor avatar parts.

Something about past event medals being available?

Psxphile

New cross boards/quests tomorrow.

Bonus times at 7pm and 11pm PT.

Armor avatar parts.

Something about past event medals being available?

DBHY5pQUQAAfhbt.jpg:small

omg bonus time. finally. I hope they don't inflate the cost of the board goodies to compensate. :\

Past event medals, huh? I'm sure it'll just be a small pool of medals that will be available, whatever they are. And probably obsolete ones at that. And I bet the grind to even get one will be nefarious. Still, if there's a chance that Meowjesty or Jack & Sally will be back...

Time to grind what's left of the current Union Cross.

EDIT: list of past event medals available as drops from rare Angry Adventurer Raid Boss:

・King Louie
・Mowgli & Baloo
・Young Riku
・Young Sora
・Pooh Bear
・Flowbermeow
・Playing Card
・Queen of Hearts
・Seven Dwarfs
・KH3D Riku
・KH3D Sora
・Meow Wow

Well, I still use Flobermeow on occasion. It'd be nice to give it some traits.

Apparently Bonus Time in Union Cross only raises the rates of Rare Enemy Encounters, and I suppose the rarer events are the ones that give better Cross Coin rewards so that's... good. I guess?

That list of event medals is honestly insulting.

Young Sora and Young Riku but no Young Kairi?
Meow Wow and Flombermeow but no Meowjesty?
They couldn't even give us Snow White, yet the Seven Dwarves are there?

Like... wow. And good luck trying to form the combined KH3D medal with those random drops.

What the hell were they thinking with proud quest 112.
Olympia // ability strikes exactly 3 times

Freaking pain in the ass... idk if I can do it with my current medals...

I'm glad there are only like 2 quests that require "must strike X amount"

Razmos

I find the "special attack cost must be over 5" ones the worst

....Bad news, you're in for a rough time, there are several batches of bad requirements.

hahahah. There's a quest later on that pretty much requires certain rare guilted medals.

....Bad news, you're in for a rough time, there are several batches of bad requirements.

There was a particularly tricky one in the early 200s where you're restricted to using medals that do like 5+ hits but you need to deal 20000 damage in 1 hit. Hope you have a lot of multi-hit buffers, because you're forced to do a regular attack to meet that requirement.

Out of the quests from 1-200, the only ones I can't one turn are the ones that require medals that use exactly one gauge. I either have undotted premiums or guilted tier two medals lol.

I find the "special attack cost must be over 5" ones the worst

This one isn't too bad for me, I just use Shock Lock Barrel and copy my Seph Ex. lol

The ones needing to attack a EXACT amount of times seems to be the worst imo. Really limits what you can use...If I can't do the objective, that's fine, but if I can't do the quest that's a different story...

I looked at http://kh13.com/forum/topic/99710-jpux-proud-mode-quest-deck-restrictions/ and future ones don't look too bad.

hahahah. There's a quest later on that pretty much requires certain rare guilted medals.

Huh? What do you mean?

JP Colisesum reward is "Attack Up XL II" It says "Double the damage to the enemy." Do literally do 2x damage. Crazy.
Kinda considering not using Att XL + Lux MAX on my second boosted Sephiroth Ex.
Although I could always use Attack Up XL II on HD Xion I guess.

Any opinions on this? Both Seph Ex are boosted, and HD Xion is not boosted(I think, I haven't pulled for her yet. Need to do it twice more)

Sidenote/edit: One thing to remember is Att UP XL 2, is not 100%. Also one Seph Ex already has an Attack XL 100% on him. (Does 900k damage after all the multiplies)

Copying medals don't bypass the conditions though do they? My Namine never does.

For being able to use the ability, or for doing the objective?

For being able to use the ability, it works fine. I did all my 'magic only' quests by using HD Namine to copy Seph Ex. lol

deanote666

Copying medals don't bypass the conditions though do they? My Namine never does.

If you're allowed to use Namine, you can use any medal after her on your keyblade.

Edit: Just finished all 10 cross boards. Now to grind for old event medals... So many young and 3D Riku/Sora, Pooh...

Psxphile

Pretty sure I just squeaked by under 10k. Going to have to think hard on who to give Second Chance II to.

New Coliseum for a new month: skill prize this time is the all-new Attack Boost IV Max. And these are the outfits you can unlock on the boards:

DBM3HnLVwAAwtx7.png

Skittles

nice, ATB 4 MAX. Hopefully this means that ATB3 MAX & lux will be in the next ava boards.

So i'm glad they didn't include any more event medals in the union cross stuff. Anymore medals exponentially increases the time to guilt a single one of those medals. Considering you need like 100 each of Dwarves/Queen/Cards to guilt them once, that's already an absurd time investment for those. If they're smart, they'll split up the event medal pools over multiple union cross events.

Also, anyone else stuck on what keyblade to upgrade next? I'm caught between like 5 for the next upgrade.

Psxphile

Got rid of a few Tier 2 medals I had already max guilted and but never used seriously. Hopefully that decision doesn't come back to bite my ass in the future, but I was tired of looking at their sorry asses. Valor Form Sora, Leon A, Snow White, KH2Yuffie... gone. I only kept the ones that I actually fed 'munks and Cids to... for now.

So i'm glad they didn't include any more event medals in the union cross stuff. Anymore medals exponentially increases the time to guilt a single one of those medals. Considering you need like 100 each of Dwarves/Queen/Cards to guilt them once, that's already an absurd time investment for those. If they're smart, they'll split up the event medal pools over multiple union cross events.

Of the available drops, the only medals I needed to max guilt are Young Sora, Young Riku and Pooh Bear. They're already guilted, I just don't want to waste 20+ mirrors on them each to max. However, Angry Adventurer doesn't spawn as often as I would like, I've hit both Bonus Times earlier and only spawned 4 of them between the two. Got a Young Riku and a Pooh Bear for my trouble, but the guilt percentage didn't even move. Shame the guilt campaign is over.

Apparently raising your Rare Enemy Encounter perk helps to spawn them, but at +12 it didn't really seem like it helped any.

EDIT: according to this when JP did the same Cross event Meowjesty was one of the drops. Fuckin' ay, SENA.

Pretty sure I just squeaked by under 10k. Going to have to think hard on who to give Second Chance II to.

New Coliseum for a new month: skill prize this time is the all-new Attack Boost IV Max. And these are the outfits you can unlock on the boards:

DBM3HnLVwAAwtx7.png

I also barely squeezed by, rank 8792.

Ikairi2 is best for second chance 2.
Maybe 0.2 Kairi in future, but I'm going to put on ikairi 2 because I have no second chance medals..

Psxphile

I also barely squeezed by, rank 8792.

Ikairi2 is best for second chance 2.
Maybe 0.2 Kairi in future, but I'm going to put on ikairi 2 because I have no second chance medals..

I thought so too since I bring that medal everywhere, but I already have my only Defense Boost III on it and I don't want to give that up. It usually saves my butt when it procs. I would much prefer to put it on 0.2 Kairi if I ever get it but that's probably still a ways off. :\

Psxphile

Union Cross got a lot more tolerable now that I have something other than coin grinding to do. Bonus Time makes it less of a chore, and chancing on an Adventurer and getting the medals you need to guilt keeps you coming back for more. I'm more than halfway to clearing out every board.

KA8 all epic pull wit.h no mercy. 2 tier 4+ or more guaranteed per pull

DBSLXKuUIAAOkar.png

Key Art #8

Hm, not bad. Better if guilted, otherwise...

Top Bottom