• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

was the football coverage last night that bad? the asian comedian guy at the centre of it is just posting twitter caps of him copping abuse and him judo flipping idiots with wordplay

was the football coverage last night that bad? the asian comedian guy at the centre of it is just posting twitter caps of him copping abuse and him judo flipping idiots with wordplay

From what I've seen it was insanely underprepared with an attempt to be off the wall rather than focus on what was a big deal playing against a huge international team.

May have suited a local exhibition charity game, not a highly anticipated marquee match for the sport.

hirokazu

From what I've seen it was insanely underprepared with an attempt to be off the wall rather than focus on what was a big deal playing against a huge international team.

May have suited a local exhibition charity game, not a highly anticipated marquee match for the sport.
People probably should've treated it as an exhibition game though with the whooping Sydney got.

Chuck

Still without luck
I have a pic of myself in front of it but i dont like posting pics online unless they are on my "personal" facebook haha. But yeh check that link.

Watching twin peaks, hope the first 2 seasons dont need to be watched for this to make sense. Its quite hard to follow at the moment.

They do need to be watched, what are you doing

Rizzi

As a fan of Street Fighter even I'm finding it hard to justify buying SF2 on the Switch today.

The dpad on either controller isn't great, so I can't imagine that would make the game feel very good to play. Also it's $60 for Street Fighter 2. That is $40 too much for Street Fighter 2.

Fredescu

That Mexican wave did about 4 or 5 rounds before it died!

Also, I learnt that a lot people don't know how to make paper planes for shit. Some people were folding disasters that couldn't even take off. Others were folding them like torpedoes, of course they'd go up and straight down. Only a couple knew that they needed good wings to catch the air and glide.

At least those things kept things relatively entertaining in the second half.

I liked how one side of the stadium had an advantage over the other one. Both planes that made it onto the pitch came from the same side. Planes from the other side that got good height ended up blowing back into the stands before making it out.

Also this is pretty great.

Australian Pokedex by this guy: https://twitter.com/probzz

DAuQLl8V0AIJGXZ.jpg

DAuQwj0U0AIkCQ4.jpg

DAuRBkBUwAARk2P.jpg

Quasar

So I'm wondering....is there any chance we might see a Switch revision this year? Not an internal one, but one that might fix some of the hardware issues relating to the screen, dock and joycons?

hirokazu

The joycon issue was fixed already.

What are the other issues, the bending and the scratching?
Nobody's really talked about bending since the first reports? If they're addressing the scratching we'll probably see it with the standalone dock. If not, just get a screen protector. I don't think there's much for them to revise so early on.

Those Pokémon are pretty awesome!

That Mexican wave did about 4 or 5 rounds before it died!

Also, I learnt that a lot people don't know how to make paper planes for shit. Some people were folding disasters that couldn't even take off. Others were folding them like torpedoes, of course they'd go up and straight down. Only a couple knew that they needed good wings to catch the air and glide.

At least those things kept things relatively entertaining in the second half.
Just out of curiosity, why did you both go?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
The joycon issue was fixed already.

What are the other issues, the bending and the scratching?

I assume the scratching was from the bent docks. And they pulled the docks and re released them already? I assumed like the joycon it was a first batch problem

Quasar

The media have started their predictable Schappelle circus and I want to barf already

Especially with the complaints about media circuses and potential media payments.

Just let her get on with her life and attempt to reintegrate into society.

Cracklox

AusGAF eh? I'm on Aus and in GAF so I guess this place is safe.

First question. Where do i get the best pineapple pizza in Melb?

The media have started their predictable Schappelle circus and I want to barf already

I hope they don't go down the "innocent Aussie girl!" route.

I've crossed paths with a number of suss kunts in my day, and it's common knowledge on "the streets" of Gold Coast etc that her family was up to their ears in drug stuff. I mean you never really know, but it seems likely that she commited the crime and did the time.

Fredescu

Just out of curiosity, why did you both go?

If you meant why did I go, almost 100% of my active EPL following friends are Liverpool fans so I tagged along. It was worth it almost entirely to see Firmino do his thing, so it was a good experience. I knew not to expect anything too scintillating given that it was a friendly. I've been to a few games like this before, like LA Galaxy ft Becks vs Sydney FC and Man United vs All Stars. I'm going to Arsenal v WSW soon too.

If you're not keen on what's being offered this year already, I really don't think you will be at all?

I dunno. I'm keen, but I already have Zelda and MK8 on Wii U. I'd be in for Mario, Splatoon, maybe Arms. But Monster Hunter, Pokemon, Metroid... these things would make me itch for a Switch.

I'm going to do my best to wait for a price drop and wait to see if there's a hardware update.

D.Lo

So I'm wondering....is there any chance we might see a Switch revision this year? Not an internal one, but one that might fix some of the hardware issues relating to the screen, dock and joycons?
Screen and dock are the same 'issue' and unless you got a dock that is vastly bent it was mostly likely people slam dunking the switch into the dock. With a $2 screen protector even then it would be a non-issue.

Joycon thing was actually real and widespread, but just some of the early batch and will be swapped in store at no charge if you had an issue.

I'm going to do my best to wait for a price drop and wait to see if there's a hardware update.
It's selling like the new Wii, sold out in most of the world, vastly supply constrained in Japan and the US. I would not expect a price drop this year. Maybe a Mario Kart bundle.

It's selling like the new Wii, sold out in most of the world, vastly supply constrained in Japan and the US. I would not expect a price drop this year. Maybe a Mario Kart bundle.

I can hold off until next year easily enough. If it was in the $300-something price range I'd feel more tempted. The Kogan deal was pretty nice!

If my friends at work buy one, that changes things. The idea of local multiplayer/system link at lunch time, after work etc is pretty enticing. Local multi is way more appealing than online for me these days.

Jintor

christmas bundles will be pretty dope with the library i hope.

i mean not that i care since i already have one, but eh.

(I was vaguely considering trading in my wii u and getting another, but ultimately to no good purpose)

Stackboy

If you're not keen on what's being offered this year already, I really don't think you will be at all?

I reckon you are right. I want to play Zelda and new 3D mario, but I need more games to convince me.

I didn't buy a WiiU until there was 4 games on the system I really wanted to play.

Dmax3901

Applied for Marc Fennell's job at Triple J, reviewed Episode 1. Was a lot of fun and good practice but it seems I'm not a finalist. Trying not to be too salty but I didn't think much of the finalist I did hear.

Rezbit

Applied for Marc Fennell's job at Triple J, reviewed Episode 1. Was a lot of fun and good practice but it seems I'm not a finalist. Trying not to be too salty but I didn't think much of the finalist I did hear.

I heard on their breakfast show 1300 people put an application in. Surely be like pulling names out of a hat at that point.

Recreat3

I disliked that guy, something about his voice. Unlucky dude, i imagine it would have been a really fun job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom