• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles announced for Europe (dual language voice)

Fritz

to stir the excitement:

We will be able to play this soon!!!!!!
xenoblade-update-20100507113455027.jpg

I think the setting is fucking fantastic.

It was only last years E3 you have to remember back to where we got crazy ass surprise game announcements out of no where. DKCR, Kirby etc. Obviously its gonna happen again, as if Nintendo would ONLY release Zelda this year for Wii. >_> Come on.

I'm sure this and other old/brand new games will be announced at E3 as coming this year.

Either way who cares cause its COMING OUT SOMEWHERE IN ENGLISH!!!!!! :D :D :D As a NTSC and PAL Wii owner I'm all set. :D

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

;( so happy.

Effect

Great to wake up to this, this morning. I'm making a stand right now. I will do whatever I need to do to import and play this game on my North American Wii if NoA doesn't make a similar announcement!!!

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's the best site for importing games from Europe? I preordered Lost In Shadow from thehut.com and it didn't get here for like a month, so I'm hoping to find a faster alternative when it comes time to import Xenoblade.

Feep

Banned
I'm considering upgrading my PC for this game, so I can buy the title and then experience it in 1080p Dolphin glory. There are a few videos of 1080p Xenoblade on YT, and they're glorious.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
nincompoop said:
WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's the best site for importing games from Europe? I preordered Lost In Shadow from thehut.com and it didn't get here for like a month, so I'm hoping to find a faster alternative when it comes time to import Xenoblade.
I had decent results from just going to amazon.co.uk.

Htown said:
I had decent results from just going to amazon.co.uk.
Ah, I was under the impression that amazon.co.uk wouldn't ship worldwide, since I tried buying Disaster from them but it wouldn't let me. I guess that only applies to stuff sold by marketplace/storefront sellers and not from the actual site?

MoogPaul

Hoping for an early summer release. Will be in London in July and would love to just walk into a store and purchase it.

Macstorm

This is one thing I never understood from the import impressions, is the combat system automated like Final Fantasy XII or are you pressing buttons for each attack?

JudgeN

Alright so if they don't announce at E3 and I have to import where can I do that? Ive never imported form Europe before.

Phenomic

Cue the raptor flashing Gif Please.

Anyway, going to be my first import game if need be. I'm not going to let Reggie keep me from playing this game. Will it even run on an American Wii. Hell I might buy a european console because to me if they are getting Xenoblade they are probably also getting Last Story.

Note* It's probably not Reggie whos keeping me from playing this game, but I want someone to blame. Sorry Reggers.

Yagharek

JudgeN said:
Alright so if they don't announce at E3 and I have to import where can I do that? Ive never imported form Europe before.

If its ok to namedrop places Ive had good luck with gameplay.co.uk and of course ebay sellers. I personally avoid zavvi since their shipping times are pretty poor, but I expect other people will suggest them too. Just be aware of shipping times if thats an issue.

DaBuddaDa

I've hoped for an English translation of this since its announcement. If it doesn't end up in the US at this point I will be flabbergasted.

A) The game's already going to be translated into English. You could change the region code, do nothing else, and ship it to the US. Done.
B) The US by far has the biggest install base of Wiis. It would be dumb to not sell it in the Wii's biggest market for absolute minimal cost.

Do it Nintendo. I know you will!

creid

Importing this day 1 because I am sure Reggie "Disaster Day of Crisis? Never heard of it" Fils-Aime will not give it to me.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
RandomVince said:
If its ok to namedrop places Ive had good luck with gameplay.co.uk and of course ebay sellers. I personally avoid zavvi since their shipping times are pretty poor, but I expect other people will suggest them too. Just be aware of shipping times if thats an issue.

Provided you're not working for a store and trying to pretend you're not, it's always ok to name-drop sellers you've had good experiences with :D

dani_dc

Glad to see my most wanted game on Wii officially announced for Europe.

Shame about the lack of a release date, but dual-language VA makes up for it.

Will be buying this one day 1.

Fritz

Green Biker Dude said:
this game looks pretty good. is it disappointing like xenosaga?

Other than the Xeno title and some staff the game has nothing in common with the Xeno games.

Battles are akin to Western RPGs/FF12 and it is exploration and loot heavy. Correct me if I am wrong.

Japan GAF loved it and some claimed it is the best RPG this gen.

EDIT: Seriously, look through the Japanese release OT. It has been posted on the first pages of this thread and is full of great reviews and overall insights from fellow gaffers.

Chesskid1

Banned
is there a good review to read somewhere, in english?

i keep hearing people refer to this game as the RPG of the generation, so i just want a little info on it :)

I'm so pessimistic about an NA release that I almost feel like preemptively cursing out Reggie and NoA. I don't care that much about this game in particular, but I just know they'll screw us over on at least one or two first-party 3DS games I'm interested in that are already 100% translated.

Paracelsus

Isn't it early in the day in the US? I can't see why Nintendo wouldn't bother releasing it in the US when it's giving five languages and dual audio to Europe.

RPGCrazied

Easy_D said:
Don't worry, Getting your Wii region free is a piece of cake :)

How? Without opening up the Wii. This isn't really how I wanted to wake up this morning. Nintendo would be utter stupid if they didn't bring this to America too. Lost money if you ask me. Like they need it though.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Father_Brain said:
I'm so pessimistic about an NA release that I almost feel like preemptively cursing out Reggie and NoA. I don't care that much about this game in particular, but I just know they'll screw us over on at least one or two first-party 3DS games I'm interested in that are already 100% translated.

You have nothing to worry about with Xenoblade, the game has been on the American release list for years. As for the 3DS, that might be, but it's NCL who dictate what gets released where, for the most part.

Portugeezer

RPGCrazied said:
You know what I'm fearing? Ignition will get to localize Xenoblade for America. :(
Umm, the game will already support English if it's coming to EU, I don't see why Ignition would be brought into this.

And to get your Wii region free is really easy, all you need is an SD card lol.

Chairhome

RPGCrazied said:
How? Without opening up the Wii. This isn't really how I wanted to wake up this morning. Nintendo would be utter stupid if they didn't bring this to America too. Lost money if you ask me. Like they need it though.
Homebrew channel. Search for the thread here. I'm actually looking forward to it, even if it doesn't come out in the US, cause I can import then run it off of my USB loader or Dolphin :-D

....... but seriously, what are the chances of this being a really cruel April Fools joke?

RPGCrazied

I don't know how to do all that. I don't want to brick my Wii if I mess up. :( I just want it to come to my side of the pond.

Portugeezer

Chairhome said:
Homebrew channel. Search for the thread here. I'm actually looking forward to it, even if it doesn't come out in the US, cause I can import then run it off of my USB loader or Dolphin :-D

....... but seriously, what are the chances of this being a really cruel April Fools joke?
It's on the official Nintendo site, so I doubt it is, but that would make the "really cruel" part.

Ushojax said:
You have nothing to worry about with Xenoblade, the game has been on the American release list for years.

*sigh* Not the first time I've heard that, so I'll repeat:

That is the same release list that refers to the game by its long-abandoned title of Monado, and even more damningly, still lists Line Attack Heroes as an upcoming retail title - even though its JP retail release was cancelled, and it was released on WiiWare there last summer. It's simply not credible enough to count as evidence for localization, no matter how many times NCL inexplicably fails to correct its error.

Fritz

Chairhome said:

Zero, every European branch put it up by now. It's also the 31st of March, and premature (or late for that matter) april fool's are a big no go, at least I can say so for Germany.
Also, they would shoot themselves in the foot blah blah blah....

Top Bottom