• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 3: Getting The Knack Of These Games

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Kind of hilarious how so many people thought Hardware Rivals is a F2P game. It really does look like a shitty F2P game. Other than that, Grim Fandango solely makes up for it. Amazing game, so great month.

Also, this is why I never buy indie games on PSN. You will get them eventually. Here's to Shovel Knight in 2016.
I recently bought Shovel Knight on sale, so I guess we have one of the February games confirmed.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I said it in the other thread but I'll say it again.

Another PSP game? Fuck this shit.

They're not even giving away good PSP games. This is really fucking unacceptable.

No, it was because there was a free beta on the PSN.

Didn't know that "shitty f2p game-look" is a thing now, nor that this kind look is basically "colorful cel shading". These threads never cease to amaze me, unfortunately not in a good way.

You don't think it's funny how so many people thought it was F2P? The look I meant is not literally, just the type of game.

illusionary

I've not seen the full list posted here yet, so...

Hardware: Rivals (PS4)
Grim Fandango Remastered (PS4)
Dragon Age: Origins (PS3)
Medal of Honor: Warfighter (PS3)
Nihilumbra (PS Vita)
Legends of War: Patton (PS Vita)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...ardware-rivals-grim-fandango-remastered-more/

I'm very happy with the inclusion of Grim Fandango - that in itself makes this a decent month for me. I'd hoped that we might see it included in the IGC given that we had Broken Age recently, but hadn't expected it to come quite so soon!

Benedict

I've not seen the full list posted here yet, so...

Hardware: Rivals (PS4)
Grim Fandango Remastered (PS4)
Dragon Age: Origins (PS3)
Medal of Honor: Warfighter (PS3)
Nihilumbra (PS Vita)
Legends of War: Patton (PS Vita)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...ardware-rivals-grim-fandango-remastered-more/

I'm very happy with the inclusion of Grim Fandango - that in itself makes this a decent month for me. I'd hoped that we might see it included in the IGC given that we had Broken Age recently, but hadn't expected it to come quite so soon!

I thought Legends of War: Patton is the PSP-version not PS Vita?

Joni

It links to the PSP version, but it is the name of the Vita version. They labelled inVizimals as a Vita game too.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I don't know why people are in so much denial about AAA games on PS4. It's not a matter of waiting until the console is old enough. It already is. More than enough. We're just no getting them because the online requirement means they don't have to. The good news is that so few AAA Games on PS4 are worth playing anyway so we're not missing out on that much.

LakeEarth

Mentioned this in the January thread, but the streak of PS4 adventure games continues.

October - Broken Age
November - Walking Dead Season 2
December - King's Quest
January - Grim Fandango

I'm actually excited for Grim Fandango and I'm having a great time with King's Quest right now, but mix it up Sony.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I think they should split the games EU and US get again. Let the Americans get the shit again while we get the great lineup. The way it used to be. The way it should be.

RK128

I can see the following land on Plus in the future across all platforms :).
-Walking Dead Season 2 Vita
-Wolf Among Us PS4/Vita
-Tales of the Borderlands PS4
-Life is Strange
-Bastion
-Killzone Shadow Fall & Knack (E3 2016 Surprises)
-Patapon, Locoloco and Parapa the Rapper PSP
-PS2 Classics (Parapa 2, Dark Cloud 2, Ape Escape 2, Twisted Metal Black, ect)
-AC Chronicles Collection PS4
-Tearaway Unfolded (PS4) and Original Vita release

Axiom Verge and Shovel Knight not likely to land on Plus anytime soon but I could see other indies having a 'first launch with PS+' kinds of thing this year:
-Rays the Dead
-Rain World
-Other Cross-Buy Indie's

They fill up the roster due to them being cross-buy with PS4/Vita and they are highly anticipated games.

Regarding retail PS4 games, I could imagine that starting June 2016 with the PS4 launch line up and going from there:
-Killzone Shadow Fall
-Knack
-Infamous Second Son
-AC Black Flag
-Need for Speed Rivals
-Tomb Raider DE
-Sleeping Dogs DE
-Last of Us Remastered

This isn't likely but I could see it happening.

El_Cinefilo

The fact that I've already got Grim Fandango makes it the first month in all the years of having plus where I don't have a remote interest in any of the games. I'll purchase them all and I might try Hardware Rivals just because it's there but the PS3 and sometimes the Vita stuff is starting to feel like shovelware now.

Ludens

Banned
I'll start waiting for February line-up, I like to be disappointed.

And just to note, I'm the only one seeing Fifa 15 icon for Patton? Why there are two Dragon Age Origins?

bjaelke

If you scroll a bit down in the text it says: "Compatible with PlayStation®3."

They most likely botched the copy paste job at the beginning.

Hasney

Yeah, it's a weird one. Even tells you how to download it to PS4.

I wouldn't be shocked if EA was creating a PS4 version of both Dragon Ages from last gen, but I would be shocked if they were cross buy.

Yeah, it's a weird one. Even tells you how to download it to PS4.

I wouldn't be shocked if EA was creating a PS4 version of both Dragon Ages from last gen, but I would be shocked if they were cross buy.
I'd be shocked as their not giving us Mass Effect trilogy :'(

Patton IS a PSP game, it's just Vita compatible.

Looks like EU got the PSP game while NA got the Vita game

CX-qUDGUkAAPm2x.jpg

lol

VLiberty

I got where's the problem

Legend of War Patton's Campaign is a PSP game

Legend of War Patton is PS3/Vita game

On the EURO store, Legend of War Patton is labeled just as "Legend of War". So the only Patton game is the PSP one.

So, either they've mistaken the PSP game for the Vita one on the euro store, or the other way around.

Either way, great job SCEE & SCEA. Keep up the good work.

I got where's the problem

Legend of War Patton's Campaign is a PSP game

Legend of War Patton is PS3/Vita game

On the EURO store, Legend of War Patton is labeled just as "Legend of War". So the only Patton game is the PSP one.

So, either they've mistaken the PSP game for the Vita one on the euro store, or the other way around.

Either way, great job SCEE & SCEA. Keep up the good work.

Yep. I contacted Fred Dutton on twitter, let's see if its a mistake or not. Neither would surprise me.

xrnzaaas

Sony keeps fucking up everywhere. The Polish version of the PS Store doesn't have Dragon Age: Origins for free. Apparently they're fixing it, but nothing has changed since yesterday.

Ludens

Banned
I don't understand how Sony can screw-up so frequently, it seems people working on PSN don't care at all on what they do. It was so hard do a check before putting games up on Plus? Why there are two Dragon Age on EU? Why EU got the PSP version of the game, that's basically a totally different game, since the Vita one is listed in EU too? Why there are icons for Fifa and other titles instead the original one?

Really, Plus turned into a garbage-tier service, not only for games provided, always reaching new low (like the first episode of a series, King's Quest, sold for 1€ on PC too, basically a trial for the full game), but now even PSP version for games which own a Vita version.

Benedict

Fred's on the case:

Arkeologen 5 January, 2016 @ 7:32 pm 35
How come US PSN gets the Vita version of Patton for PS+ and EU gets the PSP version for PS+?
Could you please explain that?
Silence is not an accepted answer.

Flying_Pig 5 January, 2016 @ 7:45 pm 35.1
They don’t. US and Europe get exactly the same games.

Lance_87 5 January, 2016 @ 10:33 pm 35.2
Except the Vita game is not the same as the PSP one.

Lance_87 5 January, 2016 @ 10:35 pm 35.3
They also seem to have different titles, too… the PSP game is “Legends of War: Patton’s Campaign” while the Vita game should be something like “History Legends of War: Patton”.

Fred Dutton 6 January, 2016 @ 11:05 am 35.4
I’m investigating now, and will update asap.

Catvoca

Banned
How does the Ps4 handle its system storage? It says I have 27gigs free but won't let me download the 6 gig Hardware rivals. It's a bit annoying.

Benedict

This will lead to nothing. I mean, if people need to point that out before Sony itself recognize there's something wrong with the line-up, this enforce my opinion of them not caring at all on what they do.

That happens almost weekly regarding the posts on both the European and U.S. blog.

Top Bottom