• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retailers: Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition launching on 12/09 + final boxart

Shiggy

raymanlegends2es4c.jpg
raymanlegends_spinednsxq.jpg

Release: September 12, 2017
Price: EUR39.99 / GBP29.99

Developer: Ubisoft Montpellier, Pastagames

• Kung Foot Update: Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition will bring new features for Kung Foot!
  • Touch Gameplay: Rayman Legends takes full advantage of the Switch and its new controllers' capabilities. Undock your Switch device and use the touch screen to take out enemies, manipulate platforms, cut ropes to clear a path and much more
  • Play Everywhere, Anywhere: Thanks to the Switch and its new controller play with your friends at any time! The Nintendo Switch allows you to keep playing the game when you want solo or multiplayer.
  • Challenges: Connect with your friends through a variety of challenges that will test your skill and speed. Check the leaderboards to see where you rank around the world.
  • Rayman Rocks!: Jump to the beat of a drum, punch to the bass line, even zip-line during a guitar sustain

Sources: Amazon UK, Amazon France, FNAC, Shop To

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
So wait... are the touch screen parts mandatory? Because I want to play this as a console game, not some mobile nonsense.

So is Rayman Rocks just a mode that consolidates every rhythm level?

So wait... are the touch screen parts mandatory? Because I want to play this as a console game, not some mobile nonsense.

You can play levels without Murphy, whose touch gameplay was exclusive to the Wii U

dickroach

ooOOOooh! touch gameplay!

so they're just re-releasing the Wii U Version with one new mode no one's gonna play and calling it a definitive edition.
meh.

They were on the WiiU version. I'm not sure how the Playstation and Xbox handled those sections. The ideal would be a choice between the two control options, since docked you don't have access to the touch screen.

If I can find it for a good price, I'll actually pick it up. I never got around to getting it on the PS4 or Wii U for some reason, despite liking Rayman Origins

Isn't this already on Vita?
Well most people didn't own a Vita so this will be the only portable version of the game most would look into

Nairume

Banned
I'm guessing it'll probably have the option to use the awful qte controls from the non-touch versions of the game, so everybody will be happy.

I feel like the title "Definitive Edition" warrants more content. I love the game and will pick it up on Switch but more stuff would certainly be nice.

Solo Act

You can play levels without Murphy, whose touch gameplay was exclusive to the Wii U

The Murphy levels were on other systems, but you pressed what would be the A button on Switch to use Murphy. I assume it'll be like this when docked, and touch screen like the Wii U in handheld mode.

The Murphy levels were in no way exclusive to the Wii U.

I'm definitely up for having this game on Switch, but not at that price point. I'll pass for now until it drops. Already have it on PS4/Xbox One/Wii-U.

Kouriozan

Challenges on Wii U were legit addicting, but Legends lacks too much content, I was surprised to 100% it so quickly.
Not going to double dip for sure.

oti

Banned
The fact that all Ubisoft did was to update that football mini game and called it the Definitive Edition is hilarious/sad.

Flandy

If I can find it for a good price, I'll actually pick it up. I never got around to getting it on the PS4 or Wii U for some reason, despite liking Rayman Origins

Well most people didn't own a Vita so this will be the only portable version of the game most would look into

Wouldn't more people have owned a Vita at the time of its release than people will own Switches when this comes out?
Twitter-Thinking-Face.png

KLonso

Well most people also don't own a switch... FWIW, I really enjoyed the vita version. Glad it's coming to switch, seems like a really good fit on the system.

benbeaux

Banned
In for the Origins levels. Legends was fine outside of the awful touch screen levels and the dumpster fire 8-bit levels, but Origins was so good.

Wouldn't more people have owned a Vita at the time of its release than people will own Switches when this comes out?
Twitter-Thinking-Face.png
I think so, seeing as it came out like over a year after the Vita came out, but the Switch should more or less pass by the Vita's LTD sales in less than two years

Well most people also don't own a switch... FWIW, I really enjoyed the vita version. Glad it's coming to switch, seems like a really good fit on the system.
Sure but it's safe to say that the Switch will be a far more successful system than the Vita and I wouldn't be shocked if in a year and a half it outsold the likes of the Vita and Wii U

Circinus

Erm, except less people own a Switch?

Erm, except less people own a Switch?
Less people own a brand new system than one that's been out for several years? Huh, you don't say /s

Of course less people own a Switch right now, it just came out, but that won't be the case by the end of next year as it's a far more desirable system. That's what I'm trying to get at. It's no different than pointing out that most people would look into a PS4 or XB1 version of a game than a Vita version, even shortly after launch

RedFury

Less people own a brand new system than one that's been out for several years? Huh, you don't say /s

Of course less people own a Switch right now, it just came out, but that won't be the case by the end of next year as it's a far more desirable system. That's what I'm trying to get at. It's no different than pointing out that most people would look into a PS4 or XB1 version of a game than a Vita version, even shortly after launch
Your bias is showing. You argument makes no sense and your going in circles. Please continue.

Top Bottom