• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite |OT| Earliest Access VS Husks

Redshirt

Banned
Just did it. I'm not sure it does make you harvest faster. It looks like just a Mele weapon but it's a socket wrench.

Still cool

Harvester upgrades are done in the skill tree.

The tools or hardware are a melee type that constructors (maybe others?) can get bonuses with.

dagZ

That's why it's early access.

Give feedback and time for the devs to flesh things out. Tell them here or in their forums what you'd like to change

it's been in alpha for like 2 years, hell... I've had acceess it for a year at least. I feel like they want 5 steps backwards from the same game I played 6 months ago.. The UI is so tedious to navigate now.

it's been in alpha for like 2 years, hell... I've had acceess it for a year at least. I feel like they want 5 steps backwards from the same game I played 6 months ago.. The UI is so tedious to navigate now.

The UI just needs a little ajustment so that it's the same across all screens. It's weird how l2 isn't the same across all menus.

Also the tutorial needs to be WAY more in depth.

Redshirt

Banned
The lack of in-game help is the most frustrating thing for me.

I'm surprised how barebones it is but really enjoying it despite that.

The lack of in-game help is the most frustrating thing for me.

I'm surprised how barebones it is but really enjoying it despite that.

Yes is basically guess how to play. It doesn't explain the survivors stuff well and how they are basically armor you equip in other games.

Kaelan

Unless its an ability to you have to level them up for I have yet to see one of them use it to their advantage, I rarely see people going into nooks and crannys in my games.

Ability is a godsend but you can only see around you and only a few inches (ie I didn't see a chest above me but I heard it), you can upgrade the range a tiny bit. It's balanced imo

A few things. I thought this was cross play. If I bought it on PC I could play on Xbox. Is that not the case?

Also, I'm running into not being able to make ammo a lot. Anyone have a solution?

Only crossplay on ps4/pc sadly

Grisby

Bought. Game has some menu's going on. You guys weren't kidding.

Any reason not to chose this rare Ramirez over the uncommon one? I figured since I'm only heading into the second mission it would be best to start leveling up the rarer character right (wait, do characters even level up).

And holy christ at this skill tree and the fact that there's like 5 sets of them.

ElfArmy177

Finish first two tutorial mission, then press Options (dont know which button on xbox) and there you can send them invite (second copy).

What is the tutorial mission? I just built my first base and still no option for codes

Edit ok it says I got the extra copy... But I don't see where to send it from

FiraB

Banned

Any reason not to chose this rare Ramirez over the uncommon one? I figured since I'm only heading into the second mission it would be best to start leveling up the rarer character right (wait, do characters even level up).

And holy christ at this skill tree and the fact that there's like 5 sets of them.

Yeah go for the rarer character always, they level up further then the previous versions.

A rare will last you a good while until you get a legendary version with good rolls.

You earn hero XP that you can spend at your leisure, so it doesn't matter what hero you're using at the time. The hero XP you earn can be spent on whatever hero you want, regardless of the hero you choose to play as.

Kaelan

Are missions any different in the second area/third? Or is it always the same missions: lightening with van, find survivors, etc..

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Now I have a copy, traded with GAFfer and done mission #1 so far

Yeah this game will be played a fuckton by me

Resource Gathering, that's like my Ultimate Fetish!

Destiny 2 might lose some hours to Fortnite

Fuck me I concurrently have

Paragon
Orcs Must Die Unchained
Paladins
Warframe
Fortnite (now)

As my daily games, I might have to drop 1-2, don't gave that much time, Paladins and Warframe might be just logging in bonuses, other 3 put some time into them

phant0m

Day 2: still having fun, though the team of 4 always wipes the floor with the mobs. Solo home base defense is the best so far, trap and defender placement is crucial.

Goddamn this game is complicated with is menus and inventory and shit though. Like, I can see all the schematics in the armory, but I can't see what shit I actually have in inventory until I go to the storm base menu? Is that right?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
The difficulty really ramps up near the end of the first area.
I'm excited to see what the next area brings.

hollomat

Banned
I have an evolved Outlander, and yes, I can see chests and other good loot from a small distance through objects. Roughly 1-2 tiles distant. Basically anything that has green or better loot will have a corresponding glow that is visible through objects. Basically all chests, and some of the other searchable objects. It's most useful for seeing the hidden chests in secret rooms, attics, and basements.

Guess I need to start playing my outlander.

Where do I go to consistently get materials to craft uncommon weapons (blast powder, copper, etc). I get it as quest rewards but is there somewhere i can go to farm it? Right now I'm reluctant to use any uncommon weapons since I don't have the materials to craft a new one after they get used up. Rare weapons are a whole different matter. I can't even come close to crafting them so why would I use them up in the early missions when common weapons work just fine.

R0ckman

Wow, they really need to do something about more control over placed building objects. Just lost a solo defend fort on the last wave because the wave came in a place where I didn't bother to place objects because the spawn area was not as close. Of course in that instance it spamed a crap ton of those chucking monsters so my best work was ruined, now I have to farm for metal again.

Paragon
Orcs Must Die Unchained
Paladins
Warframe
Fortnite (now)

As my daily games, I might have to drop 1-2, don't gave that much time, Paladins and Warframe might be just logging in bonuses, other 3 put some time into them

I feel you on that lol. So many games where I just log in to get my daily stuff.

I'm really enjoying this so far and even though I "paid" for it, I can see it being very popular when it goes F2P. My favorite thing about it is probably the art style, honestly - I love killing husks in the suburbs.

Tecnniqe

Banned
No, there's a legitimate problem with using fully-auto weapons. They should have their own ammo type that has a reduced resource cost. As is, single shot weapons are significantly better.
Yah. Had an easier time running a sniper just hip firing than an AR doing ADS kill/bullet and resource wise.

Spoo

I'd like to gift a code to a friend for this game. I just bought into the 60 dollar tier -- is there anyway to gift a second purchase to someone?

charsace

Need help.

Playing stonewood storm shield defense 2 and my left mouse click does nothing. Can't build the walls its asking for and can't attack. Nothing happens.

FiraB

Banned
Yah. Had an easier time running a sniper just hip firing than an AR doing ADS kill/bullet and resource wise.

I only used handcannon and sniper until tier 3 during alpha.

Shotguns and AR are great but not until later tiers when crowd control becomes a must in users arsenals. Rocket and Grenade Launchers are fantastic but the resources to make them get insane, as does the ammo cost.

Personally a lot of people from alpha wanted ammo to be a straight up resource cost from metal but it's yet to fall on epics ears.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I only used handcannon and sniper until tier 3 during alpha.

Shotguns and AR are great but not until later tiers when crowd control becomes a must in users arsenals. Rocket and Grenade Launchers are fantastic but the resources to make them get insane, as does the ammo cost.

Personally a lot of people from alpha wanted ammo to be a straight up resource cost from metal but it's yet to fall on epics ears.
Even keeping my the current mat requirement works if they increase the amount of bullets you get and ammo you can carry by like 2 or 3x.

Ramirez

I'm enjoying this, but it's been piss easy thus far. I think I'm in like page 7/10 of the first area, the servers just went down for maintenance. :(

Bahlor

As Sony wanted to give me a refund (As I already played the tutorial and already got a trophy), I did play a few rounds on the weekend alone. It's really a fun game, but I'm struggling with the UI and the grinding a lot. I don't have a problem with some grind, but I'm often missing really basic parts for traps etc. However has anyone lost items? I had a light machine gun that I used until level 4 and then switch to a shotgun as I wanted to test it. In the moment I had equipped the shotgun, my light machine gun was gone. :( Is this a common issue?

And also.. when on a mission I see so many more weapons and even found a legendary shotgun there. But when out of a mission I can't find the weapon and many others. Is there no way to see my inventory? And didn't the game state that you get blueprints when picking up weapons? (Because that's also the way you share items with others?)

I can't restart missions right? As the game is ... console bound I at least wanted to let my son try some missions and the tutorial would've been nice as a start.

Ramirez

As Sony wanted to give me a refund (As I already played the tutorial and already got a trophy), I did play a few rounds on the weekend alone. It's really a fun game, but I'm struggling with the UI and the grinding a lot. I don't have a problem with some grind, but I'm often missing really basic parts for traps etc. However has anyone lost items? I had a light machine gun that I used until level 4 and then switch to a shotgun as I wanted to test it. In the moment I had equipped the shotgun, my light machine gun was gone. :( Is this a common issue?

And also.. when on a mission I see so many more weapons and even found a legendary shotgun there. But when out of a mission I can't find the weapon and many others. Is there no way to see my inventory? And didn't the game state that you get blueprints when picking up weapons? (Because that's also the way you share items with others?)

I can't restart missions right? As the game is ... console bound I at least wanted to let my son try some missions and the tutorial would've been nice as a start.

The touch pad brings up your inventory, and I'm pretty sure going to the map, you can select stuff you've already done. I did the van quest twice tonight because I needed an upgrade point to progress the quest line.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Weapons break down after the durability is used. When that happens they are gone but if you have the blueprint you can craft a new ones.

A weapon does and a blueprint is different items. Things in your inventory can not be viewed outside a mission unless I'm missing something. Vault is viewable but not person inventory.

You can craft a gun and drop it but to my knowledge you can't drop a blueprint.

Most traps you get via missions or pinatas which you get by completing the homebase missions and challenges/daily.

Bahlor

The touch pad brings up your inventory, and I'm pretty sure going to the map, you can select stuff you've already done. I did the van quest twice tonight because I needed an upgrade point to progress the quest line.

Good to hear that you can replay missions. Thanks. :) About the inventory... I can bring it up on the main menu too? Guess that would be too obvious for me or maybe I'm blind and didn't see the option^^ Thanks

Weapons break down after the durability is used. When that happens they are gone but if you have the blueprint you can craft a new ones.

A weapon does and a blueprint is different items. Things in your inventory can not be viewed outside a mission unless I'm missing something. Vault is viewable but not person inventory.

You can craft a gun and drop it but to my knowledge you can't drop a blueprint.

Most traps you get via missions or pinatas which you get by completing the homebase missions and challenges/daily.

But the weapon was still in the green durability area, so that wasn't the problem. But good to know that blueprint / weapons are different. The official videos make it sound like you can just share items with others and they then get the blueprint for this item too.

Thanks for the information. Makes sense. Still feeling a bit overwhelmed a bit, so many things to check. Felt similar when starting with warframe :D

oilvomer

Hey guys

Can I ask some advice please, my 10 year old is watching constant youtube videos on this game, but is it to complicated for a young child?

He is allowed to play 12's. as long as they are suitable

Ramirez

Hey guys

Can I ask some advice please, my 10 year old is watching constant youtube videos on this game, but is it to complicated for a young child?

He is allowed to play 12's. as long as they are suitable

As long as he can read well, I think he'd be ok. I really don't even understand all of the systems though, all of the NPC defenders and stuff is very convoluted to me. But I think he'd have fun even if he ignored maximizing that stuff.

Maximus P

I'm finally getting the hang of things.

I like to occasionally run solo missions in the forest maps now, look for every cave and gather as much coal and other minerals as I can.

I'm swimming in blast powder.

Im also finding a fuck tonne of chests now that I'm getting used to the noise they make when your close to them. I open around 5 of them on each map.

Paragon
Orcs Must Die Unchained
Paladins
Warframe
Fortnite (now)

Warframe update today tho :)

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
i've played this a bunch during alpha and now a friend gifted me a code.

I like what I see, but I'm not feeling the grinding up xp bars gameplay. Does base defense ever factor heavily, or is it ultimately window dressing in a third person shooter?

Xater

I am shocked down if you have so much trouble with the systems. To me the tutorial took way too long. Just give me all the options damn it! If you ever played some F2P games a lit f the systems should be very familiar.

Top Bottom