• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Xaero Gravity
(09-21-2017, 03:16 AM)

Originally Posted by Plumpbiscuit

I'm already done with F13th and Gun Media, but the least they could do is make single player + offline modes all free as they once said. Their reputation is in tarnish for me to care about all this extra paid DLC now though.

Single player update is still free.

Originally Posted by BoogieWoogie

They can fuck right off if they start charging for Jasons.

That was always the plan from what was initially said, as Maps and the single player update were the only things that were always specified to be free. Whether Part IV will still be paid DLC is unclear at the moment though.
Last edited by Xaero Gravity; 09-21-2017 at 03:19 AM.
HiiiLife
(09-21-2017, 03:19 AM)

Originally Posted by MattyH

Is matchmaking broken on xbone. Played a few games with friends earlier great fun

Yes.
Xaero Gravity
(09-21-2017, 07:26 PM)
Patch is out for XB1 and Steam. NA PS4 is out later today. Next week for EU PS4.

New Outfit Customization!

New User Interface for clothing.

Choose your style with the new swatch menu.

After selecting your outfit, your swatch menu will now appear. Choose your colors, then select Back to move on to the next piece of clothing. Your selections automatically save so simply back out when you are finished.

New Emote Comm Wheel and 8 free Communication Emotes

Customize where your emotes appear on the wheel.

Move the Left Stick or Mouse towards the desired emote and Press A or click to make selection.

Use the Emote in game.

Press and hold UP on the d-pad or V on the keyboard (default bindings) to open the wheel.

Move the Right Stick or Mouse towards the desired emote.

Release UP on the d-pad or V on the keyboard while holding the direction for the desired emote.

The 1984 Spring Break Outfit Pack is now available in the store (Contingent on DLC release and purchase)

Misc

Fixed an issue that resulted in a black screen when loading into a map if the player loses connection or the host leaves while loading in.

Gameplay

Perk Fixes

Fixed the following perks: Grease Monkey, Heavy Hitter, Man at Arms, and Tinker

Fixed a number of issues with items not being dropped if a Counselor was killed in a hiding spot

Fixed the PhD for Murder Achievement on Steam and Xbox 1

Maps

Fixed an audio issue where certain audio queues were being heard across the map

Fixed a number of objects that were awarding XP each time they were repaired or used.

Crystal Lake

Fixed a number of spots where Jason could not kill Counselors

Packanack

Fixed an issue where cars could block the lodge entrance

Jason

Fixed Jasonís Sense ability to properly track counselors after they leave a Cabin

Fixed an issue that was causing Jasonís stun timer to double when being stunned

Fixed Jasonís stun animation from canceling after he was hit again while stunned

Fixed Jasonís combat stance blocking the sweater stun.

Fixed an issue where Jason would be flung across the map if he was choking a counselor and was hit while uneven terrain

Fixed an issue where Jasonís weapon damage was only being applied to the first object hit.

Fixed an issue where Jasonís weapon collision volume was not hitting counselors directly in front of him.

Fixed an issue to allow Jason to hit counselors through windows

Fixed an issue to allow Jason to destroy windows and doors when swinging at them

Fixed an issue where Jason could no longer move if he tried to grab a Counselor immediately after throwing a knife

Fixed a number of issues preventing Jason from pulling Counselors out of a stopped car.

Fixed an issue that allowed Jason to Shift and Grab at the same time

Fixed an issue that was allowing Jason to activate an ability while throwing a knife

Fixed an issue that allowed Jason to use drown kills in shallow water

Part 9 Jason should have Part 9 music now

Counselors

Fixed an issue that was not allowing the Pocket Knife to trigger

Male counselors should all have their own VO now

Fixed an issue where dropping a gun while aiming could leave a counselor in an unresponsive state

Fixed an issue causing Counselors to not be able to break other Counselors free from Jasonís grip.

Fixed an issue where female Counselors weapon swings not hitting Jason

Counselors can now nudge each other slightly out of the way.

Last edited by Xaero Gravity; 09-21-2017 at 07:29 PM.
mechashiva
(09-21-2017, 08:15 PM)
Can not stand people who bitch at length about the circumstances under which Jason killed them. If you have a knife and you get slashed that's bad luck. If you get grabbed when you beg Jason to square up who cares. This isn't Friday the 12th. You're playing a game with an axe wielding maniac.
Just had a game where I was trapped between the sign and the car and Tommy was stuck too. I figured I could chop my way out and it was right. Dude kept bitching in the lobby after saying someone was on the way to free us. How is that my concern at all? Then he kept going on and on about it. So f'n lame.

Added: frustration is fine but continual grief is dumb
Last edited by mechashiva; 09-21-2017 at 08:37 PM.
Plumpbiscuit
(09-21-2017, 08:28 PM)
Spring Break clothing pack now on Steam (£1.69).
Drencrom
(09-21-2017, 09:33 PM)
Next week for EU, why?

Oh Well, glad they finally are pushing it out.
bitbydeath
(09-21-2017, 10:22 PM)

Fixed a number of spots where Jason could not kill Counselors

Might be time to get back in again.... next week:-/
CREMSteve
(09-21-2017, 10:28 PM)
Is the clothing pack up on NA PSN yet?
mechashiva
(09-21-2017, 10:50 PM)
Xbox store search "spring break"
TitusTroy
(09-22-2017, 12:00 AM)
with so many people claiming how F13 is so much better then Dead by Daylight I was shocked to see the Steam Charts numbers...DBD has almost 10 times the player numbers and it's peak high was also double...what the hell?...why is everyone claiming F13 to be superior but then everyone is playing DBD?
F0rneus
Tears in the rain
(09-22-2017, 12:01 AM)

Originally Posted by CREMSteve

Is the clothing pack up on NA PSN yet?

Sure is now. Just got it.
BattleMonkey
(09-22-2017, 12:04 AM)

Originally Posted by TitusTroy

with so many people claiming how F13 is so much better then Dead by Daylight I was shocked to see the Steam Charts numbers...DBD has almost 10 times the player numbers and it's peak high was also double...what the hell?...why is everyone claiming F13 to be superior but then everyone is playing DBD?

DBD has been out longer, half the price, and been on sale many times including part of a big humble bundle.
Xaero Gravity
(09-22-2017, 12:57 AM)

Different strokes for different folks maybe?

As much as I enjoyed DBD, I just like F13 more.
Last edited by Xaero Gravity; 09-22-2017 at 12:59 AM.
Newniverse
(09-22-2017, 03:13 AM)

Originally Posted by BattleMonkey

DBD has been out longer, half the price, and been on sale many times including part of a big humble bundle.

This. You're not taking in the fact that DBD has been out for a farther long time and has had its prime to get its fan base.
Rewrite
Not as deep as he thinks
(09-22-2017, 11:52 AM)
The connection on PS4 is so awful sometimes. Random ping spikes which makes the match unplayable. Ugh.
Carcetti
(09-22-2017, 11:59 AM)

I play both, and F13 gets stale a lot faster even if both are practically single mode games. DBD is a better game but F13 has a fun party game aspect when you get into a good group,.
ramoisdead
(09-22-2017, 12:12 PM)

Not only is DbD half the price of F13, DbD has been supported very well with a consistent schedule of Double XP events, bug fixes, new killers, new surviors, and new maps. F13 is just now getting patches however no new content like Jasons, surviors, or maps unless you count the bite size versions of the maps already there. It's no surprise that a game like F13 just lost the majority of its player base.
Resident Evil King
(09-22-2017, 01:50 PM)
Read about a lot of worrying issues with the new patch but hopefully some of that is the usual hyperbolic bullshit found on reddit.

I won't know till next week, presuming Australia gets the patch when Europe does?

One thing I came across before but much more frequently when playing tonight: at a certain point in both games that I played as Jason, the cursor that should appear on my map just disappeared for the rest of the game. As you can imagine, this is quite problematic when you don't have a clue where you are on the map unless you happen to be near an obvious landmark, and even when you are it's hard to know what spot to morph to.

I had a Vanessa evade me for the last 6-8 minutes of a game and she ended up surviving, due in no small part to that annoying glitch. Then it happened again the next game that I was Jason. The fact I was Part 2 Jason (used to always play as him but tend to pick Part 8 nowadays) and his shift sucks didn't make it any easier.

One thing that I find hugely concerning is that apparently as of the new patch, Jason can't see the summary of players which tells you which counselors are still alive, whether Tommy has shown up, the ping etc... What the actual fuck?

That surely has to be a mistake as that would be complete bullshit if not. I believe I read that Jason doesn't even know how many counselors are in any given match? Which sounds absurdly shit if true. This was posted on the F13 reddit though so hopefully it is inaccurate.
firenskill2000
(09-22-2017, 03:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Xaero Gravity

Different strokes for different folks maybe?

As much as I enjoyed DBD, I just like F13 more.

Iíve only played dbd a few times but it looks to have a deeper playing experience in terms of the characters. I love the F13 franchise but the leveling seems a bit tacked on to me compared to what Iíve read about dbd (Iíve only read the game instructions so maybe itís not as deep as it seems but the instructions give an indication that the leveling actually matters).
mechashiva
(09-22-2017, 04:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Resident Evil King

Read about a lot of worrying issues with the new patch but hopefully some of that is the usual hyperbolic bullshit found on reddit.

I won't know till next week, presuming Australia gets the patch when Europe does?

One thing I came across before but much more frequently when playing tonight: at a certain point in both games that I played as Jason, the cursor that should appear on my map just disappeared for the rest of the game. As you can imagine, this is quite problematic when you don't have a clue where you are on the map unless you happen to be near an obvious landmark, and even when you are it's hard to know what spot to morph to.

I had a Vanessa evade me for the last 6-8 minutes of a game and she ended up surviving, due in no small part to that annoying glitch. Then it happened again the next game that I was Jason. The fact I was Part 2 Jason (used to always play as him but tend to pick Part 8 nowadays) and his shift sucks didn't make it any easier.

One thing that I find hugely concerning is that apparently as of the new patch, Jason can't see the summary of players which tells you which counselors are still alive, whether Tommy has shown up, the ping etc... What the actual fuck?

That surely has to be a mistake as that would be complete bullshit if not. I believe I read that Jason doesn't even know how many counselors are in any given match? Which sounds absurdly shit if true. This was posted on the F13 reddit though so hopefully it is inaccurate.

Just hit pause, then check the mute players screen. It's annoying but it's there
Xaero Gravity
(09-22-2017, 04:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Resident Evil King

Unfortunately the patch is awful. I've had a multitude of issues just in the first hour after the patch launched. The player list can still be seen, but as Jason you have to press Select and go to mute players, while as a counselor you have to open the map and hit L1.

They said it shouldn't be happening, but considering that emotes take up the spot of accessing the player list I find that hard to believe.
Rewrite
Not as deep as he thinks
(09-23-2017, 06:05 AM)
This patch is fucking TERRIBLE. wtf. So many unnecessary changes and for the worst too. Two swings to break down a door as part 8 Jason, stuns don't last, shit you can't even fucking stun 98% of the time now. Smh.
mechashiva
(09-23-2017, 10:13 PM)
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/camp-br...aha#map-target

Live the gimmick!
LUXURY
(Yesterday, 12:52 AM)

Originally Posted by Rewrite

This patch is fucking TERRIBLE. wtf. So many unnecessary changes and for the worst too. Two swings to break down a door as part 8 Jason, stuns don't last, shit you can't even fucking stun 98% of the time now. Smh.

Yeah. And they said that the original stun times were a ďglitch.Ē Trying for a stun on Jason is WORTHLESS now as they literally last a millisecond. Firecrackers? Donít waste a slot on them. They stun him for the amount of time it takes you to blink an eye. Itís not right. I donít get rewarded for defending against Jason now. Those stuns gave me time to get to another cabin if my weapon broke, if I was low on stamina, etc.

I believe this was done because once again, people complained that it was too hard to play the game so they took out the stuns. I thank the heavens they fixed saving a counselor when grabbed (previously the hits didnít register and the counselor just got killed) but again, if youíre trying for a stun to escape with your teammate good luck. The stun is almost nonexistent so youíll be hitting him over and over until your weapons break and then you both die because there is no way for you to plan your next move due to the removal of the stun. Itís no good.
Last edited by LUXURY; Yesterday at 12:55 AM.
XxSlasherMcGirkxX
(Yesterday, 01:15 AM)
Wow that stun stuff sounds horrible. It's not like Jason needs a buff at all.
jviggy43
(Yesterday, 06:28 AM)
Hit detection is so off right now. Also still host quiting which ruins the game. Idk why I even bother anymore.
Malalaw
(Yesterday, 07:57 AM)
Played a few matches with the new patch and just went back to Destiny. Just not having as much fun with this game anymore.
Jason Frost
(Yesterday, 08:19 AM)
Does the disc version will have every previously released DLCs?
hzsn724
(Yesterday, 09:22 AM)
Man this game just keeps getting worse. Quit playing a month ago due to major game crashes, horrific grieving, and getting knocked out of the map when I tried to grab someone out of the car. But I come back after a patch and Jason is practically unstoppable. Can't quite seem to hit him anymore. Breaks down doors easily, fire crackers are worthless. Stun time is pretty much a thing of the past. But at least we have paid bikins? I just don't get it. It's like shooting fish in a barrel now. Guess I'm going back to DBD.
jviggy43
(Yesterday, 10:15 PM)
Wrong thread.
Last edited by jviggy43; Yesterday at 10:53 PM.
IbizaPocholo
(Today, 02:36 AM)
gif part 4

https://www.facebook.com/Fridaythe13...9387711410051/
Last edited by IbizaPocholo; Today at 02:40 AM.