• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Clockwork Planet ep.3
BjjYNaZ.png
This MC is a weird, weird boy, lol. This was a pretty fun episode overall though.

John Blade

91106.jpg

A very touching ending for Sae Nakata arc even though it didn't really end the way the game end it (but the anime ending does end in a cute way). Seeing Junichi manage to confess his love at the end kinda make it for this arc as he doesn't know what to do in this situation.

Also, have to say, Junichi is kinda sick person when you consider how he take advantage of Sae when she need help to get a job. When you think about it, he could make her into his slave by pretending what he is trying to do will help her to get her ready for the job interview. You do see it in this arc but in a way, he can push it further and get even more terrible (which I won't be surprise if they're hentai with this idea for Sae Nakata).

For Sae Nakata, she might be the lady for you if you like shy quiet but tender girl who don't mind to follow your advice if it mean helping her with her shyness issue (this is good or bad depend on how you use it as your advantage). Also, I think she is those type who will be in love with you if you manage to get her to love you.
tumblr_nuye6kpen41t3uwllo1_500.gif

John Blade

^What is love?

Admiral Woofington Quote
"If this game was a lady you have NO idea what I'd do to her.

I'd take her out for dinner. I'd make her laugh and listen to her attentively. I would be by her side when she needs me and give her space when she doesn't. I would hold her in my arms when we are together. I would love her family and friend as much as her. I would ask her to marry me. I would build my family with her. We would raise them together through thick and thin. We would grow old together. As we sit side by side in the hospital beds, we gaze at each others eye as if to say that we were the best thing to happen to us. As consciousness slowly fades away our eyelids become heavier. As I say goodbye to this world and everything I hold dear I take a look at my lover one last time. What is laying on the bed is not my lover but a killer fucking demon with wings and horns and chainsaws for arms and OH SHIT WHERE'S MY SHOTGUN FUCK I HAVEN'T SPENT MY SOULS FUCK ASS SHIT SHIT.

YOU DIED."

I guess that is love.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Episode 111 – Pendulum Heart
C95LYpJW0AAUPjm.jpg:small
C95NM5TXUAARHy-.jpg:small

This is still the cutest Yugioh, Yuuya just love his smile world so much and making everyone smile. Even Edo smiled. I hope to see and hear Edo laugh too. I cant wait.

Needed more Kaito (as usual).

Saekano S2 - 02

This show's moments of brilliance come in the performances given to these characters. I crack up at so much of the stuff these characters say, and how they say it. Aside from that this show doesn't have much really, the plot is sort of there. It's, again, the characters interacting with each other with so much energy that keeps this thing going.

Also John Blade, you are killing me with these Amagami impressions. I wish I could go back and watch the show all over again fresh.

tsuki ga kirei

There is something so simple yet beautiful about this show. The OP and ED are excellent and really carry the tone of the show well..

I agree. I went in expecting to hate it but find myself very much enthralled by these awkward kids attempting to romance each other.

Beyblade Burst Episode 12: Shield Crash Menace!
C95VC6JW0AQwasF.jpg:large

Look at this dark horse who owns the stable, that was pretty awesome.

Hopefully Shu manages to win, where Im at in the sub version has not hinted at who or who didnt win.

Any super robot wars fans here? I just started Z3.1, on chapter 9 next and finally getting Black Getter, my all time favorite super robot.

I've only played R before, which used shin vs new instead of Armageddon. But god I can't find decent guides for this anywhere. I can find menu translation, stats, flow paths and when various robots turn up, but I can't find anything to tell me the victory conditions or special conditions.

91106.jpg

A very touching ending for Sae Nakata arc even though it didn't really end the way the game end it (but the anime ending does end in a cute way). Seeing Junichi manage to confess his love at the end kinda make it for this arc as he doesn't know what to do in this situation.

Also, have to say, Junichi is kinda sick person when you consider how he take advantage of Sae when she need help to get a job. When you think about it, he could make her into his slave by pretending what he is trying to do will help her to get her ready for the job interview. You do see it in this arc but in a way, he can push it further and get even more terrible (which I won't be surprise if they're hentai with this idea for Sae Nakata).

For Sae Nakata, she might be the lady for you if you like shy quiet but tender girl who don't mind to follow your advice if it mean helping her with her shyness issue (this is good or bad depend on how you use it as your advantage). Also, I think she is those type who will be in love with you if you manage to get her to love you.
tumblr_nuye6kpen41t3uwllo1_500.gif

I wasn't too sure how they would approach the romance for her but the ending I think was pulled off pretty well. The next arc is one of my personal favorites.

John Blade

I got to say, Ai Nanasaki might have the easiest way to please her (or change her mind toward you positively). Just pick up any garbage around her and she will leap into you like a bitch who is on heat. If this work in real life, I should manage to get into many girls pants now than watching anime show in my current state.....of......life.

happy_forever_alone_day_by_saihamaru-d76dekx.jpg

John Blade

I wasn't too sure how they would approach the romance for her but the ending I think was pulled off pretty well. The next arc is one of my personal favorites.

When you think about this a bit more, Sae Nakata arc story is coming down to Junichi teaching her to be less shy to people and able to talk to people as normal as she can. That isn't really romantic when you realize this but I guess Sae Nakata felt in love with Junichi as he manage to help her with her shyness (and also she never talk to guys before....so, first love of a man?). Still, the ending for the most part was done well even though I do wish it end like it did in the game which to me is a bit better way to end it.

Still, because of how this arc is setup, you could say, it can go very bad into the dark hentai story where she was basically train by Junichi of trying to break her shyness but at the same time, he manage to train her to felt in love in sex and make sex into something she can't live without unless she do it many time with Junichi. I can see this take to the extreme level where she have to do so many disgusting sexual stuff that the shy girl you see her in the beginning of the arc have now turn into a sex lust nut bitch who need her hole to be use every day non stop by many man. Her family disown her and she now live with Junichi who use her as a slave prostitute and get money from her.....okay, need to stop typing this stuff.

Watching Ai Nanasaki arc right now and see where this story go from here.

Cornbread78

Princess Lover ep. 7-8
Looks like things are about to explode for all the powerfull leaders. I wanted this to be harem fun, but I got all this conspiracy abd political stuff clogging up the show...

KraytarJ

Saekano.flat 2
A rare earnest moment between Utah-senpai and Tomoyo, but really the important part was Eriri and Kato hanging out since their dynamic has always been really fun and Kato's constant barbs here were great.

BeyBlade VForce Episode 24 Ghost In The Machine

Kai fighting for Wyatt was the best beyblade match this season, and then with the best song this season too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvrjAGVWcbY

It was all the emotional turmoil of Kai and how he felt responsible for Wyatts outcome combined with the scenes of Wyatt admiring Kai and wanting to learn from him that helped make this a really outstanding episode. Definitely fav of all Beyblades.

KADO: The Right Answer – Ninovo

Well Shindo san the epic negotiator was a really good story, and that plot would have made a really fantastic anime on its own, Hanamori was silly and so realistic, I laughed.

Ending scene was...what.

KADO: The Right Answer Episode 1 – Yaha-kui zaShunina

Most interesting anime of the season thus far. I love their attention to detail with the cube and exploring how to get through it and rescue folks. I thought theyd try to skip to Shindo coming out but by making it more of a science type approach it ended up being really interesting. The music is good too and the visuals are so nice and refreshingly colorful.

Fafner Exodus 7

Back to this just in time for an "everything goes really, really bad - and then it gets worse" episode. Complete with the most unsettling hot-blooded OP song inserted over climactic action sequence ever.

Yakuza 0 Chapter 8

Right, right, murder mystery, gotta make it out alive. Cool.

More importantly, I feel Yuki is making great strides to being the best hostess she can be.

C95av_Am_W0_AE8a2_L.jpg

YOU'RE GONNA BE THE BEST YUKI!

Tsukigakirei Episode 1 – Spring and Hard Times

Mizuno and Azumi were pretty awkward which I thought would have made for a good story, if it continued for a few more episodes, having them finally saying full sentences at the end was kind of a bit too fast, there was little to nothing to even cause them to finally link together (really a lonely equipment room was the spark for it, unreal). I wanted something more dramatic.

Favorite scene was restaurants, parents making an embarrassing scene was hilarious.

Best friends.
C95yxK_W0AEkAGx.jpg:small
C951ukwXsAA7Iax.jpg:small

Tsukigakirei 3
God this show, it's just way too good. Everything these kids are doing is actually so relatable it's really hitting home. The insert that played during the shrine moment and the last moment were just soooooo perfect it made the scenes just soooo powerful. The sweetness and innocence of that last scene actually got me all emotional. Also I don't know if it's me but that last scene I feel had just more animation then normal? Small movements by both of them were like just more expressive.

Either way, Kotaro my man...you got balls. If we already got there I can't wait too see what's too come.

I really hope this show won't just go under everyone's radar. It's just too good.

Tsukigakirei 3

God this show, it's just way too good. Everything these kids are doing is actually so relatable it's really hitting home. The insert that played during the shrine moment and the last moment were just soooooo perfect it made the scenes just soooo powerful. The sweetness and innocence of that last scene actually got me all emotional. Also I don't know if it's me but that last scene I feel had just more animation then normal? Small movements by both of them were like just more expressive.

Either way, Kotaro my man...you got balls. If we already got there I can't wait too see what's too come.

I really hope this show won't just go under everyone's radar. It's just too good.

Don't forget, there's nothing worth watching this season outside of the sequels
:p but yeah this feels like one of the hidden gems so far.

I'm done with romance Manga/Anime. I'm not watching 12/24 episodes only to get to the confession or to taking care of them when they are sick uguu.

They don't even get to the good part. Like going drinking with them and then holding their hair back as they barf their guts out. Now that's true love.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Love interest is usually already sick. If they're not sick then they get run over by a car. Otherwise nothing bad happens to them.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm done with romance Manga/Anime. I'm not watching 12/24 episodes only to get to the confession or to taking care of them when they are sick uguu.

They don't even get to the good part. Like going drinking with them and then holding their hair back as they barf their guts out. Now that's true love.

That's why I liked His and Her Circumstances so much. The couple gets together like 5 episodes in and the actual show is about the relationship.

Series Rating via the First 3 Episodes Spring Edition Batch 2 (Or SRvF3ESEB2 for short)
4= Below Average, 5 = Average, 6 = Above Average etc...

Renai Boukun, (3/10): The garish color palette for this show and the director's inability to let almost any joke breath is killing most of my possible enjoyment. Everything the show has decided to cut out from the manga has hurt this adaption, and everything they decided to add has hurt it....Yes Akane has big Breasts stop fucking trying to make that a joke or something every time she runs!

Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records, (4/10): Outside of that one scene and the uniform (since I've read the manga that one doesn't phase me as much...still dumb beyond words) this has sorta turned out okay. The anime has done a decent job of capturing the fun of the source material, who knows maybe this could actually hit a 5/10 for me if it doesn't hit one of hundreds of LN type snags.

Sakura Quest, (6/10): No this is not Shirobako, but I don't expect 99% of SoL shows to reach those heights. SQ has slowly been growing on me especially after watching the third episode. I trust in P.A. Work when it comes to this.

Aikatsu Stars 51

With a middling first season this episode came out of nowhere for me. It starts with Aikatsu branded wacky humour and closes with an amazing performance by Aikatsu's first "villain".

While S4 was a big focus of the first season it's become clear from the OP and the way their tea party was framed that not all members are equal. Yuzu, we barely knew you. However what little screen time she does get with Lilie is fantastic. Hopefully there is more of their rocket launching hijinx in future episodes.

Elza is the perfect villain Aikatsu needs. She is domineering yet she has the skills to back up her arrogance. Her presence if emphasized with closeups that accentuate her smugness and the storm before her performance aids with her menacing appearance. Aikatsu's Dream Academy attempted a rival school but fell flat as Seira and crew felt much too friendly for any real conflict to spur. Elza is entirely unlikable yet that's what makes her such a great character to contrast with an already endearing cast.

I really enjoyed this episode and this is the first time in a while I'll be looking forward to the next episode of Aikatsu. Plus the new ending is super cute.

Any good death around every corner this season aside from AoT? While on the subject is re:zero licenced in NA? I wanna own.

Oh and where the hell is the NA release for iron fortress?

I haven't found anything worth watching based on show descriptions in two seasons.

duckroll

Any good death around every corner this season aside from AoT? While on the subject is re:zero licenced in NA? I wanna own.

Oh and where the hell is the NA release for iron fortress?

I haven't found anything worth watching based on show descriptions in two seasons.

Re:Creators might become like that. I mean it's created by the director of GaRei Zero, Fate/Zero, and Aldnoah/Zero, and the original creator of Black Lagoon.

cool i might use the 7 day free trial on amazon​ and check it out.

Also why is the funimation app so awful? On their forums people complain about the PS4 app constantly but i guess they do not give a shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom