• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

I messaged him to make sure everything is okay. Good sis shall be missed unless it's a temporary request

gyoVbWg.gif

rhandino

Banned
Little Mons†er;232912148 said:
bye, she performed it in Japan

why? because the japan always wins. the west would never

tumblr_np4ecybEeX1qd8zg3o1_500.gif
In one hand Japan endorsed the good sis Carly Rae Jepsen and EMOTION (If i remember correctly they are the reason Side B exists) but on the other hand they are still buying the Vita along with its games.

rhandino

Banned
Little Mons†er;232926205 said:
Vita? Mess at Japan still stanning a dead fish. A Britney Fan T

I mean, at least Britney was big for a while... but maybe you can consider the PSP as Britney pre-meltdown and the Vita is Britney after all those years of decay and trying to put a show for an audience that think is cute that she can still move more or less at the rhythm of the music for 3 minutes while looking back at their cellphones and downloading Rihanna new alber.

I bought the PS4 because of a hit single (Final Fantasy Tactics) and the hits kept coming.

Vita is post-Fame Monster Gaga. Some hits sprinkled in but ultimately a mess of experiments.

Bladenic

I bought the PS4 because of a hit single (Final Fantasy Tactics) and the hits kept coming.

Vita is post-Fame Monster Gaga. Some hits sprinkled in but ultimately a mess of experiments.

Huh? Why would you buy a PS4 for a PS1 game?

And y'all dragging the Vita and it is indeed a huge flop but it has some great games. Of course a good number of those games are also available on PS4 so 🤕

let's talk about good handhelds instead: Atlus will keep the 3DS alive in Japan until like 2018 probably, by then the Switch will already be declared a failure. The 3DS won.

rhandino

Banned
let's talk about good handhelds instead: Atlus will keep the 3DS alive in Japan until like 2018 probably, by then the Switch will already be declared a failure. The 3DS won.
It wasn't love, it wasn't love
It was a perfect illusion (perfect illusion)
Mistaken for love, it wasn't love
It was a perfect illusion (perfect illusion)
You were a perfect illusion

This is one of the dumber posts I've seen on popgaf, and on the last page someone said perfect illusion was better than green light.

rhandino

Banned
Speaking of PS4, who has it and also what do I play
I have it and before playing Zelda: Slay of the Gods I actually had a lot of fun playing inFamous: Second Son... I mean, it's kind of worse than inFamous 2 and the open world is just bland (even more now compared to Zelda) but it was a nice little diversion for like 5.00 (it was on sale)

If you have the chance give Shadows of Mordor and/or Bloodborne a chance because they are excellent tbh

Meh, Atlus is so sad. I expected much more from that streaming event and how they handled the localization for Persona 5 was a clusterfuck.
!!!

What happened?

Brhoom

Banned
This is one of the dumber posts I've seen on popgaf, and on the last page someone said perfect illusion was better than green light.

That person is me, and lmao at it being #65 on Billboard hot 100 less than a month after its release. Fastest "Comeback" to flop I've ever seen.

mariah-sorry.gif

Frodo

Stop trying to compare Ariana and Mariah, please. When you compare both at their prime it's not even a competition because Mariah wins without Ariana having to mispronounce a word.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Speaking of Dangerous Woman is probably one of my top albums of all time
just so many bops

Bladenic

Huh? 2 DS ports that are literally completely unchanged from their OG versions does not constitute keeping something alive.

The 3DS will probably continue living though but it's not because of lazy ass Atlus ports touted as "remakes" lmao

Not even a fucking HD remaster touch up for Catherine or a PS2 on PS4 version of Persona 3 that takes no effort.
They had literally nothing to offer on that stream, they need to worry about keeping themselves alive.

I'm gonna need them to do better when Persona 6 happens on PS5.

What do you like?

- Accessible strategy or RPGs (Pokémon, et al)
- Local multiplayer games
- Action/Adventure games that don't take themselves too seriously (games like Bloodborne are a no)
- Shooters that don't take themselves too seriously (more Overwatch, less Battlefield)

I've never been into survival/horror or hyper-realistic arcade stuff like Gran Turismo. Also not a fan of platformers that aren't Mario. :p

llehuty

- Action/Adventure games that don't take themselves too seriously (games like Bloodborne are a no)
- Shooters that don't take themselves too seriously (more Overwatch, less Battlefield)

I've never been into survival/horror or hyper-realistic arcade stuff like Gran Turismo. Also not a fan of platformers that aren't Mario. :p
So... erm... why did you buy a PS4?

Games that could fit your criteria are The Last Guardian (you need some jank tolerance), Until Dawn (quite short), Rachet & Clank and maybe Uncharted 4 (if you are into cinematic "games").

Brhoom

Banned

If you own a VR headset Resident Evil 7 is a must.

If you don't, play Resident Evil 7 and enter the world of survival horror.

Sooo no PS4 games at all? lol closest I can think of Ni No Kuni 2 and Gravity Rush for lighthearted JRPGs. Get a switch when the games come in.

So... erm... why did you buy a PS4?

Games that could fit your criteria are The Last Guardian (you need some jank tolerance), Until Dawn (quite short), Rachet & Clank and maybe Uncharted 4 (if you are into cinematic "games").

And this.

You have some excellent taste

gretchendrunkinlove.gif

PS4/XBO is more on the heavier side of the AAA gaming sphere.

I think the best way to gauge what you might like is to ask what games on PS4 caught your attention.

Yeah. I'm a fan of the Uncharted series and I plan to buy Horizon. Bloodborne, Demon Souls, Dragon Age, The Witcher etc turn me off tho. I generally enjoy some whimsy in my games but I can go off the beaten path if the game feels fresh or accessible. I also bought the system for any AAA games that I'd miss on the Switch (which I plan to buy this year), and I'm excited to play Injustice when it comes out. Hopefully SoulCalibur VI gets annouced soon too.

I'm curious about FFXV but I find Square's games to be a little wonky with mechanics, and I was never a fan of their story telling, but I do enjoy an RPG that doesn't feel like work. RPGs tend to lose me around the halfway point so I'd love to discover one that keeps me plugged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom