• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trance Music |OT| #trancefamily

Ashhong

If you had a track with a minute of filler at the start then you could have, say, track 3 start at -1:00. Everything between -1:00 and 0:00 would be in the gap.

And, even better, a lot of the CD rippers I used would by default put the gap on the end of the previous track and not the start of the next track.

Why not just have the narration be it's own track in between lol. Sounds so complicated

Ashhong

Been listening to the previews for Blueprint, and man I am super excited for this album. Hard to tell just how "trancey" it will be, or if it's going to be more pop-edm, but the melodies in the samples and the vocals are top notch. Also really liking the whole idea of a concept album. At least he's trying something different

Reading the nº 5 preview.... this is going to be creepy, isn't it? lol

Atleast the track sounds nice.

Nah. It's such a naive, family-friendly story that even Disney movies nowadays are darker than this.

Also, Simon Templar has an album coming out next month! http://classic.beatport.com/release/balance/2021155 All tracks are previewable on Beatport and it sounds like an amazingly consistent progressive album.

This is actually the first album on Pure Trance Recordings. Took them a while.

Ferr986

Nah. It's such a naive, family-friendly story that even Disney movies nowadays are darker than this.

Also, Simon Templar has an album coming out next month! http://classic.beatport.com/release/balance/2021155 All tracks are previewable on Beatport and it sounds like an amazingly consistent progressive album.

This is actually the first album on Pure Trance Recordings. Took them a while.

it was more about
it seems that Lukas gonna fall in love with his own robot lol

btw, didn't know about Simon Templar but those previews sounds cool! Love me some melodic progressive (it's my def to go channel on DI FM nowadays).

The what preview?

They're putting the story and previews of the tracks on the album site.

Cagey

Banned
Gabriel & Dresden over the weekend was such an out-of-time experience. Felt like I went back in time 14+ years to bopping my head while riding the bus to high school. A fun, chill show that overwhelmed with warm and fuzzy nostalgia.

They're touring to promote their first new full-length studio album in something like a decade. If they swing by your area, definitely go to the show. The legends deserve it.

Man I'm so excited for Ferry's album and I don't know why. I think part of it has to do with the fact that at least he's trying to do something new and original, even if it doesn't turn out that great. He dedicated his radio show this week to it. Can't wait to see him this Friday

I expect this album to be my guiltiest pleasure ever, and I plan to play it in the car at every chance when I have a passenger as a captive audience.

Ferr986

I feel like it has too many vocal tracks, for example Whenever you are seems like it would be better instrumental, listening the sample atleast.
Also the story is bad, so it may be annoying to hear it everytime.

But yeah, tracks (the core of the album afterall lol) seems to be good. No Twice in a Blue Moon album levels of good, but way better than WKND.

Ashhong

I feel like it has too many vocal tracks, for example Whenever you are seems like it would be better instrumental, listening the sample atleast.
Also the story is bad, so it may be annoying to hear it everytime.

But yeah, tracks (the core of the album afterall lol) seems to be good. No Twice in a Blue Moon album levels of good, but way better than WKND.

The thing I like is that the vocal tracks are actually part of the story as well. It's sung in the perspective of the characters. Yes the story is simple but man I'm loving this. Just so different. Finally an artist album that isn't boring and unoriginal

Streaming it now and loving it. Haliene is bae

Finished.

The writing is, thankfully, much more understated than most concept albums (although the romantic scene is still a little cringeworthy). And it is a good call that the lyrics despite being in-character are not too specific about the story.

Pieces of You really jumps out on a first listen. Could a club mix be made?

And I don't usually like mid-album long slow pieces, but A World Beyond was very good and didn't drag at all.

Ashhong

Finished.

The writing is, thankfully, much more understated than most concept albums (although the romantic scene is still a little cringeworthy). And it is a good call that the lyrics despite being in-character are not too specific about the story.

Pieces of You really jumps out on a first listen. Could a club mix be made?

And I don't usually like mid-album long slow pieces, but A World Beyond was very good and didn't drag at all.

Yea I really liked that rising melody in Pieces of You. A club mix could be nice as well, I'll let you know how it sounds in the club after Friday =P

Gav

Im just over halfway through right now.
A World Beyond was damn good. Trust is ace.

Really, really enjoying this.

Line_HTX

I just came back from Stereo Live for Armin. Got there at midnight and it was almost a 3 hour set. So glad I bought the VIP so that I could hang out upstairs, it's such a better view. I'm too tired to post pictures, I'll have them later when I don't forget or am not sleepy as fuck during the day.

Whoo...

Listening to Blueprint album now. :)

edit: Okay, i had to move onto the album version without the story telling and voice overs. I do think that they are interesting, but i want to take a listen to the tracks first before.

So far i have only listened to a few songs, but I AM FEELING DRUM'S A WEAPON. ill update as i go through the album!

edit: Okay, i had to move onto the album version without the story telling and voice overs. I do think that they are interesting, but i want to take a listen to the tracks first before.

So far i have only listened to a few songs, but I AM FEELING DRUM'S A WEAPON. ill update as i go through the album!

Is the song-only version only on Spotify right now? I was hoping I could buy that version of the album.

Drum's a Weapon is actually from the Gouryella live set last year. It works much better here than stuck right after Ligaya.

Is the song-only version only on Spotify right now? I was hoping I could buy that version of the album.

Drum's a Weapon is actually from the Gouryella live set last year. It works much better here than stuck right after Ligaya.

I'm not too sure if it's only available on Spotify. But that is where I'm listening it on. Thank goodness for that 3 month promo for 99cents lol.

A world beyond is smooth as a still lake. Mmmm

Ashhong

I'm not too sure if it's only available on Spotify. But that is where I'm listening it on. Thank goodness for that 3 month promo for 99cents lol.

A world beyond is smooth as a still lake. Mmmm

Booooo not available on Apple Music. Though I kind of like the voiceover as it gives the song a bit extra emotion, as cheesy as it is.

...I'll probably move to the music version once I can lol

Ferr986

Cool to have a non story version on Spotify.

Gonna take a listen. I can tell you I need a Flashover mix of Reception already. I think it would work well as a Trance track. Also, as I said, the track is super Nier-ish lol

EDIT: Well, album is pretty solid would say. As expected, not as Twice in a Blue Moon but way better than WKND.

I liked the production of it, tracks sounds very detailed and without much noise. A big step up comparing to the latest Ferry's track, and more close at how good he was in a studio in the early 2000 (different sound style aside, of course).

Fav track of course would be Venera, but after that it would be Edge of a Sky, such a hype track and the sounds used are so warming and good, love the synth used when the melody is building.
Whenever you are was cool but I swear I listened another track very similar to it before lol

Worst would be Reanimate, found it pretty boring. Also Another Sunrise felt like it was missing half the melody, wasted potential of a track with both singers on the same track, felt a little flat and emotionless for what it was. Eternity was a cool ending though, very sci-fi like.

Overall I liked Haliene tracks more than Eric ones, felt like the vocal melody of those tracks was more engaging and "in tune" with the instrumental melody. Piece of you is so gonna get a Flashover mix , just like "Holding On" got it years ago.

Oh, also, Venera aside, the most "trancey" tracks are vocal, this is gonna annoy some people for sure lol

All in all good album, gonna wait for a non story version to be out to get it.

jambo

Afterhours FM 11 Year Anniversary Massive Celebration has begun!

bSHz5zU.png

http://ah.fm/forum/showthread.php?88243-11-Year-Anniversary-Massive-Celebration

http://ah.fm/player/

I can't believe my biggest find from this whole YAMC so far is Scott Bond and Charlie Walker's remix of Trouser Enthusiasts' "Sweet Release" from 1999. Really takes you back, out of nowhere.

And it's still a timed Beatport exclusive as of right now! Can't go up on iTunes/Amazon fast enough.

Ashhong

Chaplain

Brilliant set trance set by Eco.

The Sound of You(th) 026 (Live in Praha)

Tracklist

1. MMOTHS - Thx (Eco Bootleg)
2. Eco - If I Survive (I’ll Worship The Moon)
3. Eco - Leaves (Naden Remix)
4. Eco & Breakfast - Wide Open
5. The xx - Intro (Eco Bootleg)
6. Eco - Borealis (Solid Stone Bootleg)
7. Eco vs. John O’Callaghan - Staring At Yourself (Sedna Mashup)
8. Eco vs. Motorcycle - As The Desert Song Comes (Bilal El Aly & Vince Aoun Mashup)
9. Eco - Alonism
10. Eco & Carly Burns - Hurt (Cold Rush Remix)
11. 8 Wonders vs. Eco feat. Radmila - Change The X World (Bilal El Aly Mashup)
12. Eco - Soar
13. Eco - River Song
14. Eco - Echoes
15a. Eco - People
15b. Eco - People (Rafael Frost Remix)
16. Eco - Lost Angeles (Breakfast Remix)
17. Eco - A Cry To The Moon
18a. Eco vs. The Doppler Effect - Beauty Hides Forever (XiJaro Mashup)
18b. Eco - Tonight Is Forever (Martin Roth Edit)
19. Eco & Driftmoon - Trust In The Wind
20. Eco - And We Flew Away Again
21. Eco - Light At The End (John O’Callaghan & Thomas Bronzwaer Lost Remix - Martin Roth Edit)

i have been loving this track as of late -

Ruben De Ronde, Deirdre McLaughlin - Fade Away With Me

when her vocals come on, idk it gives me chilllssssss lol

Gav

In other news, Pure Trance Radio Episode 100 is in 2 weeks, and i have won an invite to be there.
5 hours of Solarstone Live in Amsterdam with a few speacial guests - J00F, Giuseppe, R.Nickson.

Im so excited.

Top Bottom