• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

hey gaf, i thought i'd share this little mega man art project i just finished

Haunted said:
skilletman.gif

:lol

Great job man, that's incredible.

Android18a said:
Impressive. You could make a tidy profit on these, you know.
Copyright issues. Making one for himself is fair use, making and selling prints is copyright violation.

EDIT:
Trading prints for blowjobs though....

Ashkeloth

That is completely amazing and awesome. I wish I had the kind of dedication and skill (and money :lol ) it must take to make something like that

Looks awesome...as has been said a number of times in the thread, you could make a killing selling these. Wonder about what someone above me said about copy-write infringement though. I could definitely see that as being a problem.

I would do absolutely anything for that image.

I would do absolutely anything to or for you for that image.

That is the most awesome thing ever.

So, so fucking awesome.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

jarosh

guys, thanks for all the compliments! i really appreciate it!

i hope none of you are taking this the wrong way, but i'd rather not talk about the financial aspect of it. i'm surprised by all the people suggesting i make money off it. it never even crossed my mind. not that i'm above that sort of thing. i just started this as a personal project and that's what i want it to be. i don't want to make more than this one piece. i want it to stay unique. i don't wanna sell it or make any sort of profit from it. not that that would be legal anyway.

close to 500 bucks, there :p

kinosama

Neo Member
This is awesome. And you did it all by hand? I thought (not sure anymore) there were software that did just that? Unless you wanted specific shots at specific places of course.

Very cool piece!

Cep

Banned
I am not worthy of posting in the same thread as you.

I do not like megaman, but I certainly can appreciate dedication.

jarosh

kinosama said:
This is awesome. And you did it all by hand? I thought (not sure anymore) there were software that did just that? Unless you wanted specific shots at specific places of course.

Very cool piece!
no, it wasn't all done by hand. i did use a software for parts of it (andrea mosaic). although, as i said, i changed and replaced a lot of the tiles by hand (most of mega man's face was done manually), pasted together different mosaics etc. just getting the mosaic right in the software took me like a week. since i was working with pixels, i couldn't have the software stretch or alter the screenshots in any way. i wanted to keep the 1:1 pixel ratio. to achieve that i had to make my own masks of the sprite for the software and go through many, MANY iterations of the mosaic, mess with the settings and run it through the algorithm over and over again (and that was only the mega man sprite). my folder with all the files in it (different crops of screenshots, sprites, mosaics, boxarts etc.) is 7.4 gb. lol. but to be honest, almost half of the total time was spent on the two rows of screenshots at the bottom with the boss weaknesses.

jarosh

yes, the quality of the print is pretty damn amazing. i had them do several test prints on different materials. i liked the traditional canvas the most.

Top Bottom