• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LA NOIRE or Skyrim

I have enough to buy a new/ port of a game for my switch... I cant decide between LA Noire and Skyrim.....

Any ideas what the best switch game of the two to go for?

RootCause

I have enough to buy a new/ port of a game for my switch... I cant decide between LA Noire and Skyrim.....

Many consider Skyrim to be the greatest rpg ever. Noire is considered by some as a game that didn't measure up to the hype. Honestly, I dunno which I'd recommend, but if it were up to me, I'd check some videos on YouTube, figure out which one I'd rather play for the next month or two.

Waiting on Skyrim until after Xenoblade, so i picked up LA Noire and DOOM.

Gotta support these third party tiles to encourage more.

I'm not saying LA Noire is better than Skyrim, but if you enjoy crime mysteries or CSI-type TV shows, and are a fan of 40s music and aesthetics, you should get LA Noire.

ScarJo or Angelina?

Two different kind of beauties, who shares almost nothing, but both are likeable.

L.A. Noire is a great game if you keep your expectations in check. The gameplay is very story driven and there is no real free roam despite being open world.

Skyrim has little to no plot or real story, but gives you plenty of freedom and things to do.

Personally, I've enjoyed L.A. Noire much more, but that's just me.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Well both are quite different, depends what sort of game u want.

If u want both genres, I would say skyrim, its a great adventure.

BANGS

Banned
I love both games but Skyrim is certainly the better bang for the buck. That said, I wouldn't buy either for the switch, as they can be found much cheaper elsewhere...

trikster40

Go with Skyrim. Open world, customization, way more gameplay. LA Noire was good but forgettable, and reading people’s faces wasn’t near as realistic as I thought it would be. Open world is empty, and it just misfired in several things.

If you haven't played Skyrim already, then 100 % Skyrim. If you did, then I don't know.
I spent over 200 hours on Skyrim, but it was years ago, so maybe I get Skyrim instead of L.A. Noire. I also heard a lot of negative things about it, so there is that.

Skyrim experience would be enhanced by portability. Do a little bit of exploring or a mission on the go. Lots of replay ability.

LA Noire, not so much. Each case is long, it would be hard to pick up and play say, in the middle of an interrogation you left off, maybe you'd forget whats going on. It's also very linear and only really good for one play through, as the magic of solving a case is gone. You can also get it for pennies on last gen or PC.

SirNinja

Unless you just absolutely love games like LA Noire, definitely Skyrim. The game's kinda wonky at times but it's one of the few that truly knocks open-world sandbox adventure out of the park.

Skyrim experience would be enhanced by portability. Do a little bit of exploring or a mission on the go. Lots of replay ability.

LA Noire, not so much. Each case is long, it would be hard to pick up and play say, in the middle of an interrogation you left off, maybe you'd forget whats going on.

This is another good point. Skyrim lends itself really well to the Switch's suspend-resume functionality, as you're almost constantly finding/doing new stuff.

Golum

Neo Member
Unless you just absolutely love games like LA Noire, definitely Skyrim. The game's kinda wonky at times but it's one of the few that truly knocks open-world sandbox adventure out of the park.

This is another good point. Skyrim lends itself really well to the Switch's suspend-resume functionality, as you're almost constantly finding/doing new stuff.
I have LA Noire on Switch. and as far as suspend-resume, it lends itself to it just as well as any other game imo.

In the end it's just a matter of which game type you enjoy playing more. Skyrim will last you much longer - but only if you enjoy spending that much time with this type of game.

I can't say anything about the Switch Skyrim port quality yet (since I don't have it yet), but the LA Noire Switch port is great, in handheld mode it looks very good and sharp (I can't say anything about docked mode since I don't play it docked).

TissueBox

Freeform adventure or one of last gen's snazziest story-driven games? Whatever you buy first depends on your respective itch. Scratch away.

Haano

Skyrim. With LA NOIRE is really short. Once you've done it, your practically finished.

Skyrim has much more content, DLC, longer game time etc

xviper

if you played The witcher 3 then i don't recommend playing Skyrim because it will feel outdated as fuck, like a decade old as fuck, so go for L.A noire since it's a new experience

but if you haven't played Witcher 3, then Skyrim is your best choice

MarcelDG88

Neo Member

Depends on your taste, if you are the kind that only want openworld games than skyrim is the answer.

On the other hand are you interested in a unique(assuming you never played la noire) experience than go for la noire. Game length of skyrim is massive but la noire is at least 30 hours of your time.

nyanpire

Neo Member
I vote for L.A Noire, but only because it seems that you might have already played Skyrim. Skyrim has been remade for several years with extra content, and I personally would not repurchase a game at full price if I have already played it. I have never played Skyrim because it is not my type of video game, but I did enjoy L.A Noire a lot and would recommend it.

Snookie

La noire is good for the first few hours but man then. Last half of the game was a chore to complete. I’d go Skyrim.

Bramble

Is this even a real question? I only played LA Noire (stopped after a few hours because it is boring AF), so yeah, Skyrim.

if you played The witcher 3 then i don't recommend playing Skyrim because it will feel outdated as fuck, like a decade old as fuck, so go for L.A noire since it's a new experience

but if you haven't played Witcher 3, then Skyrim is your best choice

If he hasn't played The Witcher 3, he shouldn't buy any of them both, and just do that instead.

RobbyPlease

Neo Member
Went through both games and I would say had more fun and a longer playtime with Skyrim. I already double dipped on Skyrim with the PS4 remaster or I'd get it again for the Switch myself.

xviper

If he hasn't played The Witcher 3, he shouldn't buy any of them both, and just do that instead.

but if he played Witcher 3 before them, then he won't stand how awful both games will be compared to The witcher 3, so it's better to play them first and enjoy them then go for witcher 3

I haven't played LA noire before so take my opinion with a grain of salt but skyrim is great especially if you haven't played it before.
It can feel wooden at times but there is so much to see and explore; it felt like the Witcher 3 in that sense even though they are completely different games. My buddy just pre-ordered skyrim and I'm really excited for him to experience it for the first time. Fallout 4 was a let down for me but replying skyrim on the ps4 was a pleasant experience.

SRTtoZ

LA Noire is great but 14 hours and you're done. Skyrim with the DLC will last you hundreds of hours. The only reason not to get Skyrim is if you hate open world RPGs.

Top Bottom