• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Blam
Member
(11-06-2017, 04:03 PM)
Blam's Avatar

Originally Posted by twisted89

Nope, I paid with PayPal linked to my account and it preloaded seconds later on my switch.

Welp looks like I know what I'm doing.
RazorK1d
Member
(11-06-2017, 06:02 PM)
RazorK1d's Avatar
I just might give it a go after seeing everyoneís reactions. I have high hopes for no bugs.
Xero
Member
(11-06-2017, 06:56 PM)
Xero's Avatar

Originally Posted by RazorK1d

I just might give it a go after seeing everyoneís reactions. I have high hopes for no bugs.

Have you played a Bethesda game?
ChuyMasta
Member
(11-06-2017, 06:58 PM)
ChuyMasta's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xero

Have you played a Bethesda game?


I think that wss the joke
Andyliini
Member
(11-06-2017, 07:19 PM)
Andyliini's Avatar
Looks like you can also pre-load DOOM now. Or maybe it was available before, I'm not sure. I'm planning on getting both physical, but not at launch. Too many games to play right now.
IceBladee
Junior Member
(11-06-2017, 09:26 PM)
IceBladee's Avatar
cant wait to triple dip into this game's ass and eat it all up yum!
MindCollizion
Member
(11-06-2017, 09:52 PM)

Originally Posted by IceBladee

cant wait to triple dip into this game's ass and eat it all up yum!

It does have rim in the title..
IceBladee
Junior Member
(11-06-2017, 09:58 PM)
IceBladee's Avatar

Originally Posted by MindCollizion

It does have rim in the title..

this guy gets it

cant wait to rim this game in the sky for the third time
SirNinja
Member
(11-06-2017, 10:01 PM)
SirNinja's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Hermit

Switch has so many huge games. BotW, Mario Odyssey, Skyrim and LA Noire.

I think the term "portable game" is dead now.

Not dead, but definitely evolved. Switch has changed things up quite a bit.
HBP
Member
(11-14-2017, 10:08 PM)
HBP's Avatar
So if I go with the physical version no other download required?
Noll
Junior Member
(11-15-2017, 06:56 AM)
I pre-ordered physicial through amazon USA, as I live in Japan and I believe there won't be a physical release here.

I have never finished this game (keep restarting it!)

Can't wait to play it on the Switch!
Leona Lewis
Member
(11-15-2017, 07:11 AM)
Leona Lewis's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Hermit

Switch has so many huge games. BotW, Mario Odyssey, Skyrim and LA Noire.

I think the term "portable game" is dead now.

I think Switch dispensed with the notion of portable gaming the moment we learned of its size and battery life.
Sir_Stoo
Member
(11-15-2017, 07:47 AM)
Sir_Stoo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Leona Lewis

I think Switch dispensed with the notion of portable gaming the moment we learned of its size and battery life.

Ummm... no? The Switch works just fine as a portable console.

Try gaming solidly for three hours on your phone with a game as demanding as Zelda, see how the battery holds up.
RavenholmDX
Member
(11-15-2017, 08:48 AM)
RavenholmDX's Avatar

Originally Posted by Noll

I pre-ordered physicial through amazon USA, as I live in Japan and I believe there won't be a physical release here.

I have never finished this game (keep restarting it!)

Can't wait to play it on the Switch!

Amazon Japan has the US version available for preorder for launch day delivery, 9k yen though.
03sho
Member
(11-16-2017, 01:22 AM)
03sho's Avatar
Madd a South African account only to find out I can't link a PayPal account to it grr
twisted89
Member
(11-16-2017, 01:32 AM)

Originally Posted by 03sho

Madd a South African account only to find out I can't link a PayPal account to it grr

You don't need to make one, just switch your current one over and back.

https://accounts.nintendo.com/

Click edit on profile, change country, purchase. change back.
03sho
Member
(11-16-2017, 01:38 AM)
03sho's Avatar

Originally Posted by twisted89

You don't need to make one, just switch your current one over and back.

https://accounts.nintendo.com/

Click edit on profile, change country, purchase. change back.

Even though I have linked my PayPal to my main account I can't purchase it via PayPal when I'm on the eshop. I have the South African region as I changed the country on the website. I can only purchase via card or eshop card. No PayPal option
Morbid
Banned
(11-16-2017, 01:42 AM)
How much of a sucker do you have to be to buy this at full price?

I bought Skyrim in 2011 for $40 odd dollars, played it at 1080p 60fps (something even PS4 Pro and XBOX 1 X can't do) then last year I got a FREE upgrade to the special edition, which I played again at 1440p 100+fps. Console gamers are being butt fucked and you guys are saying "harder massa harder".

Wake up.
twisted89
Member
(11-16-2017, 01:55 AM)

Originally Posted by 03sho

I just did that and I can add PayPal,account when I change it to a south African region

You can or your can't? Why are you trying to add a Paypal account after switching? Do it before in the right country then you shouldn't have an issue. It's worked fine for me and several others.
03sho
Member
(11-16-2017, 01:56 AM)
03sho's Avatar

Originally Posted by twisted89

You can or your can't? Why are you trying to add a Paypal account after switching? Do it before in the right country then you shouldn't have an issue. It's worked fine for me and several others.

Sorry just edited my post
03sho
Member
(11-16-2017, 01:57 AM)
03sho's Avatar

Originally Posted by twisted89

You can or your can't? Why are you trying to add a Paypal account after switching? Do it before in the right country then you shouldn't have an issue. It's worked fine for me and several others.

Yup I've done that and there's no option to use PayPal on checkout.
twisted89
Member
(11-16-2017, 02:00 AM)

Originally Posted by 03sho

Yup I've done that and there's no option to use PayPal on checkout.

Are you using the switch or the website?
Try
https://www.nintendo.co.za/Games/Nin...--1177455.html
03sho
Member
(11-16-2017, 02:08 AM)
03sho's Avatar

Originally Posted by twisted89

Are you using the switch or the website?
Try
https://www.nintendo.co.za/Games/Nin...--1177455.html

I have tried both.

On my main account my PayPal is linked. This is confirmed by going in my account settings on the website and when I go to make a purchase on the console. My PayPal is next to the card and eshop credit as payment methods.

When I change my country to South Africa (doing this on the website) and I go back into my account settings on the site the PayPal option has totally disappeared. I go onto the console and proceeed to pay in RAND and again no option of PayPal and it's just card or eshop credit.

It seems any trace of PayPal disappears once I change my country to South Africa even though I have my PayPal linked before I change.

Are you sure you used PayPal on the South African store?
twisted89
Member
(11-16-2017, 02:13 AM)

Originally Posted by 03sho

I have tried both.

On my main account my PayPal is linked. This is confirmed by going in my account settings on the website and when I go to make a purchase on the console. My PayPal is next to the card and eshop credit as payment methods.

When I change my country to South Africa (doing this on the website) and I go back into my account settings on the site the PayPal option has totally disappeared. I go onto the console and proceeed to pay in RAND and again no option of PayPal and it's just card or eshop credit.

It seems any trace of PayPal disappears once I change my country to South Africa even though I have my PayPal linked before I change.

Are you sure you used PayPal on the South African store?

Maybe they've disabled it, people still seem to be using credit/debit cards fine - https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sky...hread-comments
03sho
Member
(11-16-2017, 02:22 AM)
03sho's Avatar

Originally Posted by twisted89

Maybe they've disabled it, people still seem to be using credit/debit cards fine - https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sky...hread-comments

Did you pay via PayPal in the South African store?
Blackbriar
Junior Member
(11-16-2017, 02:25 AM)
Blackbriar's Avatar
Gonna pick it up. I've never played any of the Elder Scrolls games, but always wanted to try. The price is a bit steep, but playing on the Switch is a big deal to me, so I'll take the plunge!
Noll
Junior Member
(11-16-2017, 03:17 AM)

Originally Posted by RavenholmDX

Amazon Japan has the US version available for preorder for launch day delivery, 9k yen though.

Thank you Ravenholm.
That's why I'm importing it. Even with taxes and fast shipping, it costs a lot less.

I just won't get it the 17. I think it will arrive the 20/21 November.
Spukc
Member
(11-16-2017, 03:35 AM)
Spukc's Avatar

Originally Posted by Morbid

How much of a sucker do you have to be to buy this at full price?

I bought Skyrim in 2011 for $40 odd dollars, played it at 1080p 60fps (something even PS4 Pro and XBOX 1 X can't do) then last year I got a FREE upgrade to the special edition, which I played again at 1440p 100+fps. Console gamers are being butt fucked and you guys are saying "harder massa harder".

Wake up.

WOOOOP WOOOOP this dude just red pilled us all damn he must know everything!!!

Try playing skyrim on the go mr smarty pants
SirNinja
Member
(11-16-2017, 03:40 AM)
SirNinja's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blackbriar

Gonna pick it up. I've never played any of the Elder Scrolls games, but always wanted to try. The price is a bit steep, but playing on the Switch is a big deal to me, so I'll take the plunge!

If you've never played Skyrim before, you'll get your money's worth here, trust me. You're pretty much the main target audience for this release, along with "people who want to take a small country's worth of stuff to adventure through on the go".
Greatest Ever
pretentious trash
(11-16-2017, 03:51 AM)
Greatest Ever's Avatar

Originally Posted by Morbid

How much of a sucker do you have to be to buy this at full price?

I bought Skyrim in 2011 for $40 odd dollars, played it at 1080p 60fps (something even PS4 Pro and XBOX 1 X can't do) then last year I got a FREE upgrade to the special edition, which I played again at 1440p 100+fps. Console gamers are being butt fucked and you guys are saying "harder massa harder".

Wake up.

yea but I pirated Skyrim so less money spent. Checkmate atheists.
Kimawolf
Member
(11-16-2017, 04:35 AM)
I can't wait. I'll be buying it as soon as it launches. and i owned it 3 other times already. Something about the Switch on the go... sooo appealing.
mr teaspoon
Member
(11-16-2017, 04:39 AM)
mr teaspoon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Morbid

Console gamers are being butt fucked and you guys are saying "harder massa harder".

How embarrassing.
Blackbriar
Junior Member
(11-16-2017, 05:12 AM)
Blackbriar's Avatar

Originally Posted by SirNinja

If you've never played Skyrim before, you'll get your money's worth here, trust me. You're pretty much the main target audience for this release, along with "people who want to take a small country's worth of stuff to adventure through on the go".

Yeah, Iíve got limited time to game each week so this game could last me a loooong time! Im hoping itís a game you can pick up and play in spurts and still enjoy. Will I get lost or forget what to do if I donít play within a few days each time?
ShadowFox08
Member
(11-16-2017, 05:12 AM)
ShadowFox08's Avatar

Originally Posted by Morbid

How much of a sucker do you have to be to buy this at full price?

I bought Skyrim in 2011 for $40 odd dollars, played it at 1080p 60fps (something even PS4 Pro and XBOX 1 X can't do) then last year I got a FREE upgrade to the special edition, which I played again at 1440p 100+fps. Console gamers are being butt fucked and you guys are saying "harder massa harder".

Wake up.

Preorder it from Amazon or bb and it won't be $60
SirNinja
Member
(11-16-2017, 06:26 AM)
SirNinja's Avatar
Looks like there's an update to the game, for those who preloaded early. (FYI: press + while over the game then go Software Update -> Via Internet).


Originally Posted by Blackbriar

Yeah, I’ve got limited time to game each week so this game could last me a loooong time! Im hoping it’s a game you can pick up and play in spurts and still enjoy.

This is definitely that sort of game. Whether you do a little or a lot, there's a feeling of constantly making progress towards becoming the sort of character you want to be.

Originally Posted by Blackbriar

Will I get lost or forget what to do if I don’t play within a few days each time?

Nah, you'll be good. There's a quest log that keeps track of everything and briefly summarizes your progress on each quest. Activate one and it will even show you where to go.
twisted89
Member
(11-16-2017, 11:10 AM)

Originally Posted by 03sho

Did you pay via PayPal in the South African store?

Yes, it's worked fine previously for myself and many others.
VGdrumCovers
Member
(11-16-2017, 11:16 AM)
VGdrumCovers's Avatar
I'm (Dova)kiin to pick this up but I'm gonna wait til it drops in price.
Toadthemushroom
Member
(11-16-2017, 12:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Morbid

How much of a sucker do you have to be to buy this at full price?

I bought Skyrim in 2011 for $40 odd dollars, played it at 1080p 60fps (something even PS4 Pro and XBOX 1 X can't do) then last year I got a FREE upgrade to the special edition, which I played again at 1440p 100+fps

Originally Posted by Lylo



Me too bro, i take my tiny laptop everywere. Look, it's almost the same, these Switch guys know nothing...

/s

.
Toadthemushroom
Member
(11-16-2017, 12:05 PM)

Originally Posted by Leona Lewis

I think Switch dispensed with the notion of portable gaming the moment we learned of its size and battery life.

All those folk and commuters using their non-pocketable tablets on the train and bus clearly know nothing.

Its size makes it better for portable gaming, not worse, from my experience. I wouldn't want to play the games Switch gets on a smaller screen. The text size in DOOM is already small. Battery life at 3 hours in the low end is actually very good. Most games turn in 4-5 hours at high brightness settings.
the_milkybar_kid
Member
(11-16-2017, 12:08 PM)
the_milkybar_kid's Avatar
Sad thing is, this is on Nintendo so I can't see the price dropping any time soon, or significantly.

Even after owning this twice before (3 times with the upgrade on Steam to the remaster) , I'd stump up for it on the Switch. But there's no way I'm paying anything more than £25 for it.
Toadthemushroom
Member
(11-16-2017, 12:10 PM)
It will definitely retain its value for a while. That's what the Switch is though - differentiation by design and the hardware has been able to command a premium price because of it. This has extended to software like Ultra Street Fighter II.

I'm not getting Skyrim, but I did get DOOM, and the price premium over other versions of the game was more than worth it given how amazing it's been to play it anywhere I want.

So I can see the appeal of Skyrim for $60 on Switch even if it's not for me.
Lucifon
Junior Member
(11-16-2017, 12:11 PM)
Lucifon's Avatar

Originally Posted by 03sho

Did you pay via PayPal in the South African store?

Where abouts are you based? I use the Revolut app here in the UK, it's awesome. Top it up with the amount needed, make the payment with the virtual mastercard, transfer any remaining extra credit not spent back into my bank account. Easy!

Doesn't seem to be a Paypal option for me in the SA store either but using Revolut worked like a charm and took all of a few minutes.

Who knew that more reasonable digital pricing meant people would spend alot more and buy things they wouldn't otherwise!!

Thread Tools