• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

augmental
Member
(11-14-2017, 11:13 PM)
augmental's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mystic_Wanderer

Hey can someone help me, I get that "banding" thing from both Pro and One X games from up above. I have an LG C7 - how do I fix that?

You might post your question here: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/141-xb...-x-thread.html

I searched for 'banding' but didn't really see anything...
Chitown B
Member
(11-14-2017, 11:16 PM)
Chitown B's Avatar

Originally Posted by solis74

I put this game in everyday just to look at it.. lol

I'm really bad at Forza. I bought 5 with the X1 launch. I might get 7 on sale just for the beauty.

Originally Posted by Mystic_Wanderer

Hey can someone help me, I get that "banding" thing from both Pro and One X games from up above. I have an LG C7 - how do I fix that?

try changing your output to 10-bit instead of 8-bit
solis74
Member
(11-14-2017, 11:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Nikana

The internal drive is actually pretty quick but an SSD should shave off quite a bit of time.

yeah.
DeeBatch
Member
(11-15-2017, 01:19 AM)
DeeBatch's Avatar

Originally Posted by augmental

You might post your question here: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/141-xb...-x-thread.html

I searched for 'banding' but didn't really see anything...

Choose 12 bit in settings of console Xbox One X its 36 Bits.. Also try 4:2:2 in Xbox One X settings. Try 10 bits settings coupled with 4:2:2 . I have the same Tv and have no banding I use 12 bits(36 in settings) color space standard in console settings and 4:2:2 is not selected..
DeeBatch
Member
(11-15-2017, 01:21 AM)
DeeBatch's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chitown B

I'm really bad at Forza. I bought 5 with the X1 launch. I might get 7 on sale just for the beauty.



try changing your output to 10-bit instead of 8-bit

Did not see this he has it @ 8 bit if correct this is your problem. However C7 can decode 12 bit signal as DV is 12 bit. Panel is 10 bits but dither great so you can squeeze some outta selecting 12 bits otherwise 10 should give you a band free image.
forgedbygeeks
Junior Member
(11-15-2017, 01:28 AM)
forgedbygeeks's Avatar
Had a weird issue today and was wondering if it's my TV or an OS issue.

I was set to 4k, HDR, 8-bit and was looking at the new release of DE Blob in the store.

When I view the 3rd screenshot, the 1X stops outputting anything through HDMI that my TV recognizes. If I simply push right or left on the controller to switch to another screens hot, the picture returns. If I go back to screenshot 3, it goes away again.

This only happens in 8-bit. If I switch to 10-bit or 12-bit, the issue does not reproduce.
solis74
Member
(11-15-2017, 12:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Nikana

The internal drive is actually pretty quick but an SSD should shave off quite a bit of time.

yeah i think it dose.
ABrokenToy
Junior Member
(11-15-2017, 02:12 PM)
Has anyone had an issue where a game kicks into HDR and the colors, particularly the red channel are WAY off, almost like orange. The only fix is to exit the game and restart. I think there's some kind of bug in the OS or something. I've never had this issue with the PS4 Pro or the XBOX One S. I have HDMI 2.0 compliant cables so I know thats not the issue and I also have the XBX set to 10-Bit color. I've so far witnessed it happen on Star Wars Battlefront 2, Forza 7 and GoW4.
pieface
Member
(11-15-2017, 03:48 PM)
pieface's Avatar
Have to say I'm really not that impressed with Quantum Break. Think it's quite a shitty looking game.
Nikana
Member
(11-15-2017, 04:40 PM)
Nikana's Avatar

Originally Posted by pieface

Have to say I'm really not that impressed with Quantum Break. Think it's quite a shitty looking game.


GTFO. This has to be a troll post right?

But for real, im curious what you think looks shitty about QB?
MaximusPayne
Member
(11-15-2017, 04:46 PM)
MaximusPayne's Avatar

Originally Posted by pieface

Have to say I'm really not that impressed with Quantum Break. Think it's quite a shitty looking game.

Even when the game was running at 720p it was not shitty looking. It's got the best looking particle effects during gameplay I've seen. Getting the patch was just icing on the cake for this game.
Calibos
Member
(11-15-2017, 04:59 PM)
Calibos's Avatar

Originally Posted by pieface

Have to say I'm really not that impressed with Quantum Break. Think it's quite a shitty looking game.

I actually laughed at this...then I saw your username.

Isn't that a racial or ethnic slur? Shameful if I am correct.


Quantum break is up their with the best looking games of this gen IMO. It's amazing in every category except for the gameplay...which only suffers from getting to a great level too quickly.
pieface
Member
(11-15-2017, 05:09 PM)
pieface's Avatar
haha no I just genuinely don't think it looks all that great, some of it seems quite buggy (like lights "flashing" when viewing them a certain angles but then doesn't from other angles.) Maybe mine hasn't downloaded the patch or something. Tis just a shitty game full stop really.


Originally Posted by Calibos

Isn't that a racial or ethnic slur? Shameful if I am correct.
.



A racial slur? Wtf you on about? It's a cartoon character from Dennis the Menace ffs.
MaximusPayne
Member
(11-15-2017, 05:12 PM)
MaximusPayne's Avatar

Originally Posted by pieface

haha no I just genuinely don't think it looks all that great, some of it seems quite buggy (like lights "flashing" when viewing them a certain angles but then doesn't from other angles.) Maybe mine hasn't downloaded the patch or something.




Buggy and shitty are two totally different things. Yeah, I noticed some shadows and lights doing that, but the other 99% of the game was good to go.
Nikana
Member
(11-15-2017, 05:14 PM)
Nikana's Avatar

Originally Posted by pieface

haha no I just genuinely don't think it looks all that great, some of it seems quite buggy (like lights "flashing" when viewing them a certain angles but then doesn't from other angles.) Maybe mine hasn't downloaded the patch or something. Tis just a shitty game full stop really.






A racial slur? Wtf you on about? It's a cartoon character from Dennis the Menace ffs.

It can definitely be buggy at times but it's by no means ugly. When time freezes it's some of the coolest looking shit in a game ever imo.
Calibos
Member
(11-15-2017, 05:14 PM)
Calibos's Avatar

Originally Posted by pieface

haha no I just genuinely don't think it looks all that great, some of it seems quite buggy (like lights "flashing" when viewing them a certain angles but then doesn't from other angles.) Maybe mine hasn't downloaded the patch or something. Tis just a shitty game full stop really.






A racial slur? Wtf you on about? It's a cartoon character from Dennis the Menace ffs.

Ok...apologies...I am crazy sometimes...some dark memory from my childhood I guess.

But I still don't agree with the assessment of QB...opinions I guess.
CrazyDutch
Junior Member
(11-15-2017, 05:46 PM)
CrazyDutch's Avatar

Originally Posted by DeeBatch

Choose 12 bit in settings of console Xbox One X its 36 Bits.. Also try 4:2:2 in Xbox One X settings. Try 10 bits settings coupled with 4:2:2 . I have the same Tv and have no banding I use 12 bits(36 in settings) color space standard in console settings and 4:2:2 is not selected..

I have 4:4:2 enabled on my X in combination with my LG OLED55B6
Will it do any harm?
Deviousb33r
Member
(11-15-2017, 06:04 PM)
Deviousb33r's Avatar

Originally Posted by pieface

Have to say I'm really not that impressed with Quantum Break. Think it's quite a shitty looking game.

Really? After playing it on a regular XB1 and then moving to the XB1X, the difference was huge. The game looked amazing.

My 3 picks for best looking XB1 exclusives right now would be; QB, Ryse, and Gears of War 4. I haven't played Forza Horizon 3 yet (I know, I know... sorry lol).
Clockwork
Member
(11-15-2017, 06:32 PM)
Clockwork's Avatar

Originally Posted by pieface

Have to say I'm really not that impressed with Quantum Break. Think it's quite a shitty looking game.

Originally Posted by Deviousb33r

Really? After playing it on a regular XB1 and then moving to the XB1X, the difference was huge. The game looked amazing.

Yeah I don't quite get the other post.

Quantum Break is hands down a great looking game. It is also actually fun and is the current game I am playing all the way through on my X.
Koala Driving a Ferrari
Junior Member
(11-15-2017, 06:42 PM)
Koala Driving a Ferrari's Avatar
Does anyone with an Xbox One X own the BioShock Collection?

The PS4 version only has 2x anisotropic filtering in BioShock Infinite and it ruins the presentation of the game. The ground textures look like soup about two meters away from your feet. I'm hoping that the X's forced 16x anisotropic filtering will improve the games' image quality, even if it's still only running at 1080p. Can anyone confirm or post a screenshot? I might grab an X sooner rather than later if it looks better on the Xbox One X (presumably, the occasional frame rate drops below 60fps will be reduced too thanks to the slightly faster CPU).
imperium
Member
(11-15-2017, 07:33 PM)
New to the Xbox universe and I have one minor annoyance with the 1X. Is there a way to have it auto switch to the correct HDMI input when I wake it? The ps4 does if so Iíve gotten used to it. Iím not running my tv signal thru the 1X or a receiver.

Havent had any major hardware or game issues but I have had a couple of things happen that with all the talk of faulty 1Xís has made me take notice.

Rise of the tomb raider : Iíve experienced two 2-3 second Freezes during gameplay. I believe both occurred when I was interacting with something like ooening a note. Iím maybe 3 or 4 hours in and the last one happened inside the cabin of that 1st open area you zip line to.

2nd thing is I woke my 1X yesterday and it wouldnít see my WiFi signal or any other. Did a power reboot and it was back to normal. This has only happened once.
Mbrill82
Member
(11-15-2017, 08:19 PM)
Mbrill82's Avatar
Ok, I just found out we might be getting one of these, and I know a lot of people here have the same tv I have, the Sony XBR 800D 49". Have their been any reported issues with this model or anything I should look out for? I have a PS4 Pro and I'm really happy with it on my tv, and I'm really excited to see how the One X looks on it, especially with UHD discs.
DeeBatch
Member
(11-15-2017, 08:48 PM)
DeeBatch's Avatar

Originally Posted by CrazyDutch

I have 4:4:2 enabled on my X in combination with my LG OLED55B6
Will it do any harm?

no
Chitown B
Member
(11-15-2017, 09:41 PM)
Chitown B's Avatar

Originally Posted by imperium

New to the Xbox universe and I have one minor annoyance with the 1X. Is there a way to have it auto switch to the correct HDMI input when I wake it? The ps4 does if so Iíve gotten used to it. Iím not running my tv signal thru the 1X or a receiver.

I'm not sure what you mean, but that sounds like a TV input question. The xbox doesn't change inputs on your TV - your TV would just note that something had turned on and switch to it. However there may be a hierarchy of importance.

Unless you're talking about CEC, which is controlling your box through your TV and vice versa.
Dahaka
Member
(11-15-2017, 10:07 PM)
Dahaka's Avatar
What external drives do you guys recommend?

ST2000LX001 2TB 2,5 inch Firecuda SSHD
ST2000DX002 2TB 3,5 inch Firecuda SSHD

anything else that is not a SSD?
imperium
Member
(11-15-2017, 11:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Chitown B

I'm not sure what you mean, but that sounds like a TV input question. The xbox doesn't change inputs on your TV - your TV would just note that something had turned on and switch to it. However there may be a hierarchy of importance.

Unless you're talking about CEC, which is controlling your box through your TV and vice versa.

Sorry, should have been more clear. I believe I am talking about CEC. The ps4 has a check box to enable HDMI - CEC. I havenít been able to find a similar option on the 1X. I assume, perhaps wrongly, that both the TV and device have to support CEC. Since I havenít been able to find a CEC option on the 1X, I assume it doesnít support it but I wanted to make sure I wasnít missing something.
rokkerkory
Member
(11-15-2017, 11:52 PM)
rokkerkory's Avatar
Might sell a few shares to pick up this baby sooner than expected. Wait is just aggravating.
DoT2
Member
(11-16-2017, 03:20 AM)
DoT2's Avatar
Just bought an Xbox one x, and bought the $1 xbox live. I can download the free gold games and play them but can't seem to play Online multiplayer games at all. Still have the og Xbox one that never had this problem. Anyone know what's up?
midasmulligan
Member
(11-16-2017, 04:11 AM)
midasmulligan's Avatar
How's quantum breaks story? Now that it's apparently running well on the xbox, I'm thinking of grabbing it on the cheap if the story is engrossing
TheSpecialOne
Member
(11-16-2017, 05:19 AM)
TheSpecialOne's Avatar
I'm really impressed with the console apart from the UI. The way Microsoft has handled its release from a hardware and software perspective is excellent. The tv calibration instructions are a nice touch as well and the hardware looks slick. All in all, I think I'm going on have to return this to the store. After using it for a bit and playing halo 5 and stuff, it just feels a bit redundant. I'd definitely recommend this console to those who already have an Xbox one but I already have a ps4, switch, and a PC. I've already started to neglect it and it hasn't even been 2 weeks.

Its a pretty cool console though and its execution was on point.
Solideliquid
Member
(11-16-2017, 05:48 AM)
Solideliquid's Avatar
Can someone help me understand why I canít get the Xbox One X to display in 4K? I had an Xbox S and it ran in 4K, I have the X plugged into the same HDMI port which is supposed to support 4K HDR. I have a Vizio M 65 D-0.

Thanks!
TLZ
Member
(11-16-2017, 05:50 AM)
TLZ's Avatar

Originally Posted by Solideliquid

Can someone help me understand why I canít get the Xbox One X to display in 4K? I had an Xbox S and it ran in 4K, I have the X plugged into the same HDMI port which is supposed to support 4K HDR. I have a Vizio M 65 D-0.

Thanks!

Did you turn on the relevant 4k HDR options on your X and TV? I forgot what they're called.
TLZ
Member
(11-16-2017, 05:54 AM)
TLZ's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSpecialOne

I'm really impressed with the console apart from the UI. The way Microsoft has handled its release from a hardware and software perspective is excellent. The tv calibration instructions are a nice touch as well and the hardware looks slick. All in all, I think I'm going on have to return this to the store. After using it for a bit and playing halo 5 and stuff, it just feels a bit redundant. I'd definitely recommend this console to those who already have an Xbox one but I already have a ps4, switch, and a PC. I've already started to neglect it and it hasn't even been 2 weeks.

Its a pretty cool console though and its execution was on point.

Playing on all these consoles. No wonder we're sitting 2nd 8 points away from City :/

C'mon Jose! Stop playing!
TheSpecialOne
Member
(11-16-2017, 05:58 AM)
TheSpecialOne's Avatar

Originally Posted by TLZ

Playing on all these consoles. No wonder we're sitting 2nd 8 points away from City :/

C'mon Jose! Stop playing!

I don't know what you want me to do, city don't want to lose. If we win every game till the end of the season, they'll still win the league by 8 points. It helps that the refs seem to be lenient with city because of their coach. I cannot talk about such things, everything is a fine.
Dahaka
Member
(11-16-2017, 10:02 AM)
Dahaka's Avatar
any ongoing deals on XBOX Credit?

Found one: Use XBPSN7OFF at https://www.nokeys.com my dear Xboxians, Xboxers, Xboners
Robopilingui
Junior Member
(11-16-2017, 10:35 AM)
Robopilingui's Avatar
I have moved from PS4 to PS4 Pro because I knew I would use it. I have bought the Switch and I am really enjoying it but, having the XBOX One S, I am not sure of moving to the X. I barely use the S. Is it really worth the change? I am even thinking on selling the S and keeping the Pro and the Switch. What do you guys think?
footlocksean
Member
(11-16-2017, 10:44 AM)
footlocksean's Avatar

Originally Posted by Robopilingui

I have moved from PS4 to PS4 Pro because I knew I would use it. I have bought the Switch and I am really enjoying it but, having the XBOX One.S, I am not sure of moving to the X. I barely use the S. Is it really worth the change? I am even thinking on selling the S and keeping the Pro and the Switch. What do you guys think?

I had an S and it collected dust. I gamed on pc. I thought I was over console gaming. I got an X on impulse and now I've been hooked. Fallen in love with console gaming once again. The x is the real deal and it will give you the best looking games on any system. Plus u get so many enhanced bc games. Get it
solis74
Member
(11-16-2017, 11:56 AM)

Originally Posted by Dahaka

any ongoing deals on XBOX Credit?

Found one: Use XBPSN7OFF at https://www.nokeys.com my dear Xboxians, Xboxers, Xboners

cool.
Apples_89
Member
(11-16-2017, 01:59 PM)
Apples_89's Avatar
Is it still worth calibrating the TV through the Xbox settings if my TV has already been professionally calibrated?
MaximusPayne
Member
(11-16-2017, 02:33 PM)
MaximusPayne's Avatar

Originally Posted by Solideliquid

Can someone help me understand why I canít get the Xbox One X to display in 4K? I had an Xbox S and it ran in 4K, I have the X plugged into the same HDMI port which is supposed to support 4K HDR. I have a Vizio M 65 D-0.

Thanks!

Are you using the HDMI that came with your S/X? Have you gone into Xbox settings and tried to change resolution from there? Maybe it didn't automatically pick it up. If it's not that, maybe it's a setting on the TV.
Nikana
Member
(11-16-2017, 02:35 PM)
Nikana's Avatar

Originally Posted by Apples_89

Is it still worth calibrating the TV through the Xbox settings if my TV has already been professionally calibrated?

No
shpankey
not an idiot
(11-16-2017, 02:38 PM)
Itís totally worth it. Sell your S and replace it with a 1X. I couldnít be any happier. It really is an incredibly well designed and engineered piece of kit and the upgrades on most games are really impressive.
Apples_89
Member
(11-16-2017, 02:39 PM)
Apples_89's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nikana

No

Cheers, I'll leave it as is then. Didn't know if there were Xbox-specific tweaks which may provide additional benefits.
FrenchFryFiend
Member
(11-16-2017, 02:55 PM)
FrenchFryFiend's Avatar
So I hooked up my Elgato to my One X to record some stuff and man what a difference.
Colors are VERY washed out and dull. I know the dash is only 1080p but man it looks awful when hooked up to the Elgato. I need a better capture card soon.

I realize Elgato is coming out with one but its going to be $400 bucks and I don't know if it can even pass HDR through.

Edit: No it can't. Elgato Game Capture 4K60 Pro — HDR video is not supported

Elgato Game Capture 4K60 Pro cannot passthrough, capture or stream HDR video. Thus, if you want to use a video source with the Elgato Game Capture 4K60 Pro, you must set it to output with HDR turned off.
https://gaming.help.elgato.com/custo...0-pro/articles
Unmoses
Member
(11-16-2017, 03:09 PM)
Unmoses's Avatar
I have to say, I was hoping the X would impress me and it sure has. I still have to pick up a good 4k unit so I'm only using it at 1080p, and still very impressive. BF2 trial was fantastic, Origins is very impressive. Halo 5 is like a new game, forza 7, etc. Mine has zero problems, is very quiet. I have a gtx1070 on my pc @ 1440p with gsync, and some of the feeling using the X is very similar. Two thumbs up.
Zimmy68
Member
(11-16-2017, 03:22 PM)
Finally playing Quantum Break now that I have the X.

The resolution bump is nice and Particle effects are top notch but you have to admit the character models and some geometry looks like they were developed for the 360.

And not being able to climb a 3 foot obstacle can get infuriating.
solis74
Member
(11-16-2017, 03:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Unmoses

I have to say, I was hoping the X would impress me and it sure has. I still have to pick up a good 4k unit so I'm only using it at 1080p, and still very impressive. BF2 trial was fantastic, Origins is very impressive. Halo 5 is like a new game, forza 7, etc. Mine has zero problems, is very quiet. I have a gtx1070 on my pc @ 1440p with gsync, and some of the feeling using the X is very similar. Two thumbs up.

Nice.
family_guy
Member
(11-16-2017, 03:40 PM)

Originally Posted by TheSpecialOne

I'm really impressed with the console apart from the UI. The way Microsoft has handled its release from a hardware and software perspective is excellent. The tv calibration instructions are a nice touch as well and the hardware looks slick. All in all, I think I'm going on have to return this to the store. After using it for a bit and playing halo 5 and stuff, it just feels a bit redundant. I'd definitely recommend this console to those who already have an Xbox one but I already have a ps4, switch, and a PC. I've already started to neglect it and it hasn't even been 2 weeks.

Its a pretty cool console though and its execution was on point.

The general UI is passable. The Xbox Store is terrible though with it often not registering button presses and it lagging 2-3 seconds before it displays something. I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I'm kind of interested in getting into Halo 5's multiplayer, but aside from that, Cuphead, Forza Horizon 3, Forza 7, and Gears I can play on PC. I have a Ryzen 1600 + GTX1070. I maxed Gears of War 4 out at 4k, but also enabled the dynamic resolution to maintain 60fps. I played it for a little bit and then switched over to the Xbox One X to play the same scene. They look pretty close, but I can get 60fps at a much higher resolution on PC. Only thing missing on the PC is the HDR. I like the console. It's very sleek and quiet and can pretty much a be a one stop shop for my media streaming and 4k UHD discs, but as a games machine I feel like it's pretty much just going to sit there while I go through my PC and PS4 backlog.
MaximusPayne
Member
(11-16-2017, 03:45 PM)
MaximusPayne's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zimmy68

Finally playing Quantum Break now that I have the X.

The resolution bump is nice and Particle effects are top notch but you have to admit the character models and some geometry looks like they were developed for the 360.

And not being able to climb a 3 foot obstacle can get infuriating.



I just can't get on board with this statement.
Nikana
Member
(11-16-2017, 03:47 PM)
Nikana's Avatar

Originally Posted by MaximusPayne



I just can't get on board with this statement.

I think people are forgetting how 360 games looked lol.

Thread Tools