• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

decisions
(11-14-2017, 06:22 AM)

Originally Posted by Rushersauce

The forum that shall not be named has actually been pretty open to every discussion. Unlike here, where posts of mine have been deleted.

But, it's cool to shit on shit you don't know... I guess??

Also, fuck Colin.

Banning every discussion related to him is not exactly being "open to every discussion"...
bug_42
(11-14-2017, 03:06 PM)
----
Croatoan
(11-14-2017, 03:11 PM)

Originally Posted by ViewPlace

Colin is shit and anyone who likes Colin is a shit person and you are shit.

Jesus, how compassionate of you.

Honestly, I think people are just using Colin for VSPs at this point in time. Or, they hope they get noticed by senpai on the other forum and let in. Really disgusting behavior.

Colin is one of the most moderate Republicans out there. If there is anyone that can and should be debated or listened to for an alternate take it is him. Always like him on joe rogans podcast.
Blam
(11-14-2017, 03:21 PM)

The forum that shall not be named has actually been pretty open to every discussion. Unlike here, where posts of mine have been deleted.

Also, fuck Colin.

They aren't tho. They literally aren't giving a thread to pewdiepie, jontron, colin, and anyone else that they have specified.
Croatoan
(11-14-2017, 03:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Blam

They aren't tho. They literally aren't giving a thread to pewdiepie, jontron, colin, and anyone else that they have specified.

Those guys are supressive people. Once you are branded for wrong think you are forever a horrible Nazi. This is how cults work, not really surprising.
Trickfinger
(11-14-2017, 03:31 PM)
since his time with IGN, and i think i remember this famous vita / 3ds article, no one can or should take this man seriously.

Very childish person that is solely in the public eye to defend products he likes in any way, shape or form he can.
DarkJedi24
(11-14-2017, 05:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Dunki

With this kind of article this makes it way more plausible but people on the internet always miss context and try to build their view like its best fiting for their own ideology. Again you can totally disagree with him but people on the internet try to destroy peoples life for not agreeing. And yes you can ssay the tweet was sexist. You can still ay it was funny but again it is not worth to destroy someones life because of it.

Completely agree. Being confronted with a variety of perspectives expands understanding, and facilitates intellectual growth. Trying to silence voices that you don't agree with has uncomfortable parallels to the goals of totalitarian regimes. Attacking an individual over an opinion at face value, rather than understanding voice behind the opinion, is one of the greatest loses in the information age. Unbelievable amounts of information, but an inability to humanly process it.
Garden Carrer
(11-14-2017, 05:36 PM)
Colin apologists are fucking gross lol
Inyourprime
(11-14-2017, 05:54 PM)

We aren't here to shut down discussion. If people wanna discuss Colin then let them. Why limit the free speech we are given on the internet?

Heh. People are so quick to bring up that free speech in topics like this. So funny.
Blam
(11-14-2017, 05:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Inyourprime

Heh. People are so quick to bring up that free speech in topics like this. So funny.

And? You're telling me you want to shutdown conversation, because you don't like it? I'm not defending Colin since I never found any of his content watchable, and neither with Kinda Funny. But you've gotta be kidding me when you actually want the mods to shut down threads because it's not what you wanna see.

Free speech isn't funny. It's a basic human right
Inyourprime
(11-14-2017, 06:04 PM)

And? You're telling me you want to shutdown conversation, because you don't like it? I'm not defending Colin since I never found any of his content watchable, and neither with Kinda Funny. But you've gotta be kidding me when you actually want the mods to shut down threads because it's not what you wanna see.

Free speech isn't funny. It's a right we have.

Where did I say I wanted to 'shutdown' this conversation? Nobody is stopping you from talking about it.

I said that because our government, assuming you live in America, literally has nothing to do with this. Nobody is stopping you from talking about him. (And before you bring up era, I know about that and don't care. They just don't want to give him a platform, which is well within their right to do).

This pivot is used time and time again when someone sees another has a problem with and/or complains about something, which yes is funny to me.
ロキー
(11-14-2017, 06:12 PM)
Yea the free speech argument is kind of dumb since the owners of the forums you go to can facilitate the discussion however they please. It's their baby not yours. Thank God though that this site is harkening back on its old policies and heading in the right direction.
Dr.Social
(11-14-2017, 06:19 PM)

Originally Posted by xStoyax

Stating verifiable statistics is racist?

Originally Posted by Brock2621

Sooooo the Economic Policy Institute and Pew Research Center are racist?

Originally Posted by TaroYamada

Uhh. That's purely economic data. Asians are on average more successful, economically, than whites in the States. They're also facing discrimination in college admissions now for reasons not unlike the Jewish did in the past, so he's not wrong.

Using the success of Asian-Americans to shit on African-Americans is a common tactic racists use

'Model Minority' Myth Again Used As A Racial Wedge Between Asians And Blacks
Rushersauce
(11-14-2017, 06:24 PM)

Originally Posted by ロキー

Yea the free speech argument is kind of dumb since the owners of the forums you go to can facilitate the discussion however they please. It's their baby not yours. Thank God though that this site is harkening back on its old policies and heading in the right direction.

Right direction... Lmao.

Yeah, you can keep this cesspool.
ロキー
(11-14-2017, 06:45 PM)

Right direction... Lmao.

Please shut the door on your way out. It's drafty outside. :)
Hendrick's
(11-14-2017, 07:53 PM)

Originally Posted by decisions

Banning every discussion related to him is not exactly being "open to every discussion"...

Is it wrong that I'm glad those people ran off to go be even more up their own asses somewhere else? Maybe we can get back to talking about games at some point.
Dunki
(11-14-2017, 07:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Dr.Social

Using the success of Asian-Americans to shit on African-Americans is a common tactic racists use

'Model Minority' Myth Again Used As A Racial Wedge Between Asians And Blacks

He was shitting on the article. Again if you read the article he was responding to his response makes more sense.
Thorrgal
(11-14-2017, 07:57 PM)
His patrons are droping every month,and he can't win any new ones because his show is not very good tbh, so he had to do something...

Pretty sad
SSReborn
(11-14-2017, 08:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Bansai

Judging by some of the respones in this thread you'd think it's about Hitler or Voldemort starting a new gaming show lol.

Lmao
Thorrgal
(11-14-2017, 08:06 PM)

Originally Posted by JamesJoyce1882

I used to like the guy, but at some point he stopped actually playing the games he talked about and kept on repeating his points every other show. It started to feel like an echo chamber.

I don't think his tweet should have caused the controversy it did, and the 100+ pages of hateful outrage were ridiculous. I do think however that kindafunny is in a better place now without him.

I despised his CLS thing. It was cringeworthy and embarrassing. The guy went to the 6th best school in Boston, got a BA, and somehow got the idea that this makes him an eminent expert on history and politics. I doubt he ever read any primary sources in his life. The person who described his show as highschool book reports got it right.

Unfortunately this left such a bad taste in my mouth that I won't go back to listen to him talk about games. I probably have heard most of his opinions already anyways.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Also, leaving kinda funny was a money grab on his part. He went to the Rubin Report and saw a chance to make it big, so he made the tweet knowing fully well what would happen and used it as an excuse to leave, backstabbing his "friends", throwing them under the bus and putting their bussines in jeopardy

Fucking piece of shit
Hendrick's
(11-14-2017, 08:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Thorrgal

His patrons are droping every month,and he can't win any new ones because his show is not very good tbh, so he had to do something...

Pretty sad

It's sad to shift to audience demand? Sounds like good business sense to me.

Honestly, people don't give a crap about history, especially those of the demographic he is known to.
Thorrgal
(11-14-2017, 08:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Hendrick's

It's sad to shift to audience demand? Sounds like good business sense to me.

Honestly, people don't give a crap about history, especially those of the demographic he is known to.

People don't give a crap about bad videos about history by a gaming journalist, that much we know
Croatoan
(11-14-2017, 08:46 PM)

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Also, leaving kinda funny was a money grab on his part. He went to the Rubin Report and saw a chance to make it big, so he made the tweet knowing fully well what would happen and used it as an excuse to leave, backstabbing his "friends", throwing them under the bus and putting their bussines in jeopardy

Fucking piece of shit

Calling someone a fucking piece of shit because they have differing opinions negates any opinion you have. Also, your description of events is 100% fake news meant to prop up your irrational hate and idiotic narrative. You sir or ma'am are the disgusting and repugnant one.
JaxBriggs
(11-14-2017, 09:17 PM)
I used to enjoy listening to Colin but not anymore. It was pretty clear he lost his passion for gaming a while back and was just going through the motions. That killed my interest in his work.

Wish him all the best but I have no desire to check out his new material.
Neff
(11-14-2017, 09:22 PM)
I can't take him seriously after his "Nintendo gets a free pass" tirade.
Syder
(11-14-2017, 10:44 PM)

Originally Posted by OniBarubary

Man you guys really do have to keep name-dropping Era like some sad fuckboy who can't get over his ex so he constantly calls her a bitch but keeps texting her.

Only threads with any views or posts on this website are about Era or GAF coddling where everyone proclaims how much better everything is now while not posting or contributing to any other discussion and being thankful everyone else thinks that black people aren't protesting right either.

Couldn't even just talk about this dude's new slinking back to games media because he overestimated both his intelligence and worth and assumed people who followed him for being an asshole about video games would likewise care about him being an asshole about history/politics. Has to become a "oh man glad we can talk about this on new GAF, glad old GAF isn't here, why don't they love me man?"

Fucking sad.

Talk about his new podcast or sad cry somewhere else.

Thorrgal
(11-14-2017, 11:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Croatoan

Calling someone a fucking piece of shit because they have differing opinions negates any opinion you have. Also, your description of events is 100% fake news meant to prop up your irrational hate and idiotic narrative. You sir or ma'am are the disgusting and repugnant one.

That's exactly what happened, sorry if you have a hard time coping with it.

And that's why he is a fucking piece if shit, not because of his opinions. Because of his actions
HoodWinked
(11-15-2017, 12:01 AM)
https://graphtreon.com/creator/colinslaststand

his patreon seems to be dropping since his debut but i think its natural in the explosive way he debuted. and now its pretty close to stabalizing and still probably making ~$30k a month. which is among the highest for patreon. and more than Kinda Funny which has to split with multiple members.

hes doing the gaming stuff probably because i'm sure alot of his followers or patreons wanted it.
Hjunklay
(11-15-2017, 12:17 AM)

Originally Posted by Espada

Nah, there's certain political ideologies are definitely things to end a friendship over. I don't blame them for parting ways over that, it's the rational thing to do. Some political views or ideas are loathsome.

Originally Posted by Woodchipper

If someone told me Adolf Hitler was a good person I wouldn’t want to be friends with that person though.

Yeah, well, let me be the one to break it to you guys: plenty of people you know have pretty horrible thoughts, they've just been educated enough to know they shouldn't voice it.

I define people by their actions, not their thoughts. In that regard, it's better that I know people's true colors - to be better prepared for their actions.

But that's just my take on life, I guess.

That's exactly what happened, sorry if you have a hard time coping with it.

And that's why he is a fucking piece if shit, not because of his opinions. Because of his actions

I'll need a source for that if I'm to stand corrected.

Originally Posted by HoodWinked

his patreon seems to be dropping since his debut but i think its natural in the explosive way he debuted. and now its pretty close to stabalizing and still probably making ~$30k a month. which is among the highest for patreon. and more than Kinda Funny which has to split with multiple members.

hes doing the gaming stuff probably because i'm sure alot of his followers or patreons wanted it.

He said close to 91% of his patreon supporters voted on a poll he did that they wanted him to return to gaming.
DragoonKain
(11-15-2017, 12:54 AM)

Uhh. That's purely economic data. Asians are on average more successful, economically, than whites in the States. They're also facing discrimination in college admissions now for reasons not unlike the Jewish did in the past, so he's not wrong.

I'd call that "racially insensitive" more than racist if you want to label it anything. The way "racist" is thrown around today, I'm curious how many people have actually met true-blue staunch racists. People who have a deep and dark hatred of other races or have a belief in superiority of their own race. People who won't let their sons or daughters date people of a different color. Now you don't have to be that hardcore to be a racist, but saying something considered politically incorrect in today's society doesn't make one racist either.

You have to know someone personally to really say if they are racist, barring extreme circumstances. Thinking you can declare someone a racist based off a few tweets is completely ridiculous unless they flat out say "I'm racist, and I hate ______!" It's hard to tell what's in someone's heart based off a few tweets.

This accusatory and declarative crap doesn't do anyone any good. I mean, people literally hate this guy, and for what? For a few controversial opinions and some self-promoting business decisions. My goodness, it's not like he was marching down Charlottesville with swastikas all over him. Society is wound up way too tight today, everyone is pissed off about everything, it's crazy. If you don't like Colin, don't like Colin, but look at how angry people get over the guy.
Dunki
(11-15-2017, 01:11 AM)

Originally Posted by HoodWinked

At first many people wanted also to support his decision in the beginning and supported him because of the harassment and shit he received. These kind of Patreons always are high in the Beginning and find a middleground later. It is still at over 25k a month^^
Halabane
(11-15-2017, 01:18 AM)

Originally Posted by Hjunklay

... Political ideologies, humor and other things shouldn't be a reason for you to end a relationship.

Of course it is. When you find out someone's value system is something you abhor or find offensive then of course you should break off the friendship/relationship. I assume they had a decent talk...as I recall they did...and they decided to move away from each other. Gregg seems to have maintain an image among the game sites I frequent...such as he was recently on GB...Colin has gone into...in my view...the alt darkness. He has his audience.
Dunki
(11-15-2017, 01:34 AM)

Originally Posted by Halabane

Of course it is. When you find out someone's value system is something you abhor or find offensive then of course you should break off the friendship/relationship. I assume they had a decent talk...as I recall they did...and they decided to move away from each other. Gregg seems to have maintain an image among the game sites I frequent...such as he was recently on GB...Colin has gone into...in my view...the alt darkness. He has his audience.

Ok again where does this come from that they are not friends anymore? He NEVER said somehthing like that and even with this announcement They agreed that it is better on a professional level to split up they never said anything about the private level.

Besides. If you end your friendship because of something like that your friendship was not worth anything to begin with. Greg knows Colling and Collin is someone who has not changed much. So if you break up your friendship because of public opinions you are not worth it anyway.
ロキー
(11-15-2017, 01:49 AM)
This is "are jon and arin still friends?" all over again.
chemicals
(11-15-2017, 02:05 AM)
If it was Colin Quinn I would watch it.
Allnamestakenlol
(11-15-2017, 03:21 AM)
Eh, that Colin. Always thought he was an arrogant twat.
BlindSwordsmanZ
(11-15-2017, 04:56 AM)

Pretty sad

How’s your patreon doing? Interested to know what you would do to attract an audience beyond the ~$30,000 a month tier.
PSlayer
(11-15-2017, 05:00 AM)

Also, fuck Colin.

Ironically they banned any thread about colin from the get go.
TaroYamada
(11-15-2017, 05:08 AM)

Originally Posted by Allnamestakenlol

Eh, that Colin. Always thought he was an arrogant twat.

Do tell. What Colin did you think it was? Did you think Firth had quit the Hollywood game to cover Switch's launch?
DragoonKain
(11-15-2017, 08:14 AM)

Do tell. What Colin did you think it was? Did you think Firth had quit the Hollywood game to cover Switch's launch?

Colin Kaepernick. Heard he's got a lot of free time these days.
jonnyp
(11-15-2017, 01:23 PM)

Originally Posted by fordian

Colin is a racist, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic, islamaphobic, gynophobic, gafphobic, classist piece of shit.

I really hope this is a joke.
Reyben
(11-15-2017, 01:45 PM)

Ah. Peace and quiet.
ShirAhava
(11-15-2017, 01:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Neff

I can't take him seriously after his "Nintendo gets a free pass" tirade.

That tirade is why I like him....The Nintendo bias is very real.
Blam
(11-15-2017, 02:13 PM)

Originally Posted by ロキー

This is "are jon and arin still friends?" all over again.

That's what it feels like.
Grinchy
(11-15-2017, 02:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Reyben

Ah. Peace and quiet.

hahahahaha

It's like forever writing someone off for doing the, "Now, take my wife...no really, please, take her!" routine. Imagine having a brain that would cause you to bubble up inside with rage over a 1960s joke and hold a grudge for eternity. It's asinine. This place couldn't be better off than it is now.
Relativ9
(11-15-2017, 03:21 PM)

Originally Posted by fordian

Colin is a racist, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic, islamaphobic, gynophobic, gafphobic, classist piece of shit.

"Gaf has changed"
Nosgotham
(11-15-2017, 04:11 PM)

Originally Posted by harrisk954

I guess the political thing didn't work out for him.

I don't know what he was thinking when he left KF. I wonder if he tried to go back there and was rejected....

did you follow the link? youre off the mark
recklesscognition
(11-15-2017, 06:14 PM)
Colin's new show was like being in middle school history class. I stopped watching KF completely when he left but before, maybe the month or two leading up to it, I was watching less and less as he became more and more ignorant.

I've tried getting back into KF but can't without Colin (the old Colin).

Colin is too much on his own, I'll check out the new show but unless there is a voice of reason, Colin comes off way to full of himself to watch solo.
Blam
(11-15-2017, 06:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Relativ9

"Gaf has changed"

GAF. GAF Never Changes.
Wireframe
(11-15-2017, 08:34 PM)

Originally Posted by DeviantBoi

Guess the alt-right wasn’t paying the bills.

Fuck Colin and I wish this forum would also take the position of not giving him a platform.

I'm glad I'm on both forums especially if one isn't shutting down discussion of Colin.

Originally Posted by BruceCLea

Fucking ban me. I want out of this swamp. Colin is a fucking moron

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE