• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Opus Angelorum
Member
(03-18-2017, 11:06 AM)
Opus Angelorum's Avatar

Originally Posted by Soul of the Beast

I really need to check this game out




wait? Horizon isn't even in the top 20?

Horizon is boring to watch.
Tovarisc
Member
(03-18-2017, 03:23 PM)
Tovarisc's Avatar

Originally Posted by Opus Angelorum

Horizon is boring to watch.

So is Zelda, but there it's.
Pachimari
Member
(03-18-2017, 07:40 PM)
Are people fine with me creating a Discord group for us tomorrow? It is so easy to communicate with each other in that program.

Has the game been optimized a bit in its latest update?
Tecnniqe
Banned
(03-18-2017, 07:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Pachimari

Are people fine with me creating a Discord group for us tomorrow? It is so easy to communicate with each other in that program.

Has the game been optimized a bit in its latest update?

Make one if you want, great for VoIP anyway.

They've been doing some optimization and only more going forward
Vipu
Banned
(03-18-2017, 08:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Soul of the Beast

wait? Horizon isn't even in the top 20?

I have 20 reasons why it should never be in top20
Tecnniqe
Banned
(03-18-2017, 09:24 PM)
Sacriel MvP 👊
Archpath1
Member
(03-18-2017, 09:46 PM)
Archpath1's Avatar
Gotta wait til the 21st

Looks pretty fun
Jarth Mader
Member
(03-18-2017, 10:13 PM)
Just played a match of this and the way the camera sways and pitches while moving around made me ill. I hope they make the movement and camera feel tighter and more responsive.
ffejeromdiks
Banned
(03-18-2017, 10:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Tovarisc

So is Zelda, but there it's.

Yeah....no.
Tecnniqe
Banned
(03-18-2017, 10:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Jarth Mader

Just played a match of this and the way the camera sways and pitches while moving around made me ill. I hope they make the movement and camera feel tighter and more responsive.

What do you mean it sways and pitches?
ACE 1991
Member
(03-18-2017, 11:04 PM)
ACE 1991's Avatar
Thinking of dropping the $30 for early access, what do you guys think? Worth it in it's current state? Do you guys think the playerbase will be large? These kinds of games seem popular, and this seems like a pretty slick battle royale game (compared to H1Z1).
Jarth Mader
Member
(03-18-2017, 11:06 PM)

Originally Posted by Tecnniqe

What do you mean it sways and pitches?

Played another match and it's not the camera so much as the movement. It's like you have momentum so when you stop pressing a movement key you keep moving for a little bit. It's hard to test it out and determine exactly what it is since it's making me feel sick. Also the bending down animation to pick something up in first person is nauseating.
kabel
Member
(03-18-2017, 11:11 PM)
Any idea when we who pre-ordered get the steam keys?
packy34
Member
(03-18-2017, 11:11 PM)
packy34's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jarth Mader

Played another match and it's not the camera so much as the movement. It's like you have momentum so when you stop pressing a movement key you keep moving for a little bit. It's hard to test it out and determine exactly what it is since it's making me feel sick. Also the bending down animation to pick something up in first person is nauseating.

You can open the inventory around items and drag them from the ground to avoid the animation. Not an elegant solution, but should help somewhat
M_A_C
Member
(03-18-2017, 11:17 PM)
M_A_C's Avatar
This game looks awesome, I'm excited for the 23rd. Always surprised at the lack of popularity here on GAF compaired to twitch.
packy34
Member
(03-18-2017, 11:19 PM)
packy34's Avatar

Originally Posted by M_A_C

This game looks awesome, I'm excited for the 23rd. Always surprised at the lack of popularity here on GAF compaired to twitch.

GAF is mostly AAA, mostly console gamers. Not really surprised about the lack of popularity/interest around here.
Tecnniqe
Banned
(03-18-2017, 11:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Jarth Mader

Played another match and it's not the camera so much as the movement. It's like you have momentum so when you stop pressing a movement key you keep moving for a little bit. It's hard to test it out and determine exactly what it is since it's making me feel sick. Also the bending down animation to pick something up in first person is nauseating.

It's a shame it's giving you issues, honestly don't have these. Is it only first person doing it for you or third too?

Originally Posted by kabel

Any idea when we who pre-ordered get the steam keys?

Should be out on/before the early access at some point.

Originally Posted by packy34

GAF is mostly AAA, mostly console gamers. Not really surprised about the lack of popularity/interest around here.

Also this.
FearlessBelgian
Member
(03-18-2017, 11:22 PM)
FearlessBelgian's Avatar
PUBG is much better than H1Z1, now the game lacks optimization even if it's greatly improved. I plan to buy it personally because frankly, I love it, I prefer it than H1Z1!
Gen.Grievous
Member
(03-18-2017, 11:24 PM)

Originally Posted by ChosenPredator

game is 10/10 it's going to dethrone h1z1

H1Z1 is popular because it's really arcade and accessible, I actually prefer Battlegrounds because it is more tactical but i simply cannot see it get as popular as H1Z1.
LostMyNarbles
Member
(03-18-2017, 11:27 PM)
LostMyNarbles's Avatar
Looks really interesting, I may buy the Early Access edition once it launches since I love these kinds of games.
ACE 1991
Member
(03-18-2017, 11:29 PM)
ACE 1991's Avatar
Wow, the pre-order of it is "sold out" on the official website? What the hell. Well, if anyone has any extra beta keys let me know.
Tecnniqe
Banned
(03-18-2017, 11:30 PM)

Originally Posted by FearlessBelgian

PUBG is much better than H1Z1, now the game lacks optimization even if it's greatly improved. I plan to buy it personally because frankly, I love it, I prefer it than H1Z1!

Dropped frames had PU on for a talk about the game; https://youtu.be/EbHUASBS0Y8

Great look on what's to come. They talk about optimization and features.

Originally Posted by Gen.Grievous

H1Z1 is popular because it's really arcade and accessible, I actually prefer Battlegrounds because it is more tactical but i simply cannot see it get as popular as H1Z1.

Really? Seems more popular already :p

Well know soon enough I guess.
kabel
Member
(03-18-2017, 11:31 PM)

Originally Posted by ACE 1991

Wow, the pre-order of it is "sold out" on the official website? What the hell.

Beta servers would crash if they still sold them.


Launch week will be interesting.
Tecnniqe
Banned
(03-18-2017, 11:32 PM)

Originally Posted by ACE 1991

Wow, the pre-order of it is "sold out" on the official website? What the hell. Well, if anyone has any extra beta keys let me know.

As they've explained they wanted a number of copies and valve game them a number of keys which all sold out on day 1 due to high demand. Special skins in a special edition which was only for the biggest of fans I guess :)
ACE 1991
Member
(03-18-2017, 11:32 PM)
ACE 1991's Avatar

Originally Posted by kabel

Beta servers would crash if they still sold them.


Launch week will be interesting.

Yeah, that must the reason. I'll definitely be buying this with a buddy though, it looks so much more polished than other games in the style.
C-Drive
Member
(03-18-2017, 11:32 PM)
C-Drive's Avatar
Keys here for beta:

http://www.alphabetagamer.com/player...iveaway-steam/
ACE 1991
Member
(03-18-2017, 11:39 PM)
ACE 1991's Avatar

Originally Posted by C-Drive

Keys here for beta:

http://www.alphabetagamer.com/player...iveaway-steam/

You're a saint, thanks!
Nivert
Member
(03-18-2017, 11:42 PM)
Nivert's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gen.Grievous

H1Z1 is popular because it's really arcade and accessible, I actually prefer Battlegrounds because it is more tactical but i simply cannot see it get as popular as H1Z1.

Yep they'll both co-exist because they play differently. I don't think it's a sure thing that H1Z1 will be more popular though.
M_A_C
Member
(03-18-2017, 11:45 PM)
M_A_C's Avatar

Originally Posted by C-Drive

Keys here for beta:

http://www.alphabetagamer.com/player...iveaway-steam/

Wow awesome thanks!
LostMyNarbles
Member
(03-18-2017, 11:47 PM)
LostMyNarbles's Avatar

Originally Posted by C-Drive

Keys here for beta:

http://www.alphabetagamer.com/player...iveaway-steam/

Thanks! I just checked this a few minutes before checking this thread and there was nothing they must have refreshed it. =D
ACE 1991
Member
(03-18-2017, 11:54 PM)
ACE 1991's Avatar
So I've got a decently beefy rig (980ti, oc'd 6600K) but I've read this game has optimization issues. What settings do you recommend turning down/off?
Lebon14
Member
(03-18-2017, 11:54 PM)
Lebon14's Avatar
Watched a lot of this from Summit1g on Twitch within the last week when I was checking out on my younger brother (he follows him). And, I must say, I'm interessed. And I NEVER played Arma or H1Z1.

Also, I hate the thread's all caps. It ticks my OCD so bad.
Tovarisc
Member
(03-18-2017, 11:57 PM)
Tovarisc's Avatar

Originally Posted by ACE 1991

So I've got a decently beefy rig (980ti, oc'd 6600K) but I've read this game has optimization issues. What settings do you recommend turning down/off?

Textures to Ultra and rest can be pushed down to Low. If you want keep some up you can, but push at least shadows as low as they go. Those are super CPU intensive.

Edit: I have same CPU and GPU, I get ~90FPS in matches by having textures on Ultra and rest on Low @ 1080p.
kabel
Member
(03-18-2017, 11:58 PM)

Originally Posted by ACE 1991

So I've got a decently beefy rig (980ti, oc'd 6600K) but I've read this game has optimization issues. What settings do you recommend turning down/off?

4770@stock+RX470 8GB

everything at middle, textures on ultra

50-70FPS
FearlessBelgian
Member
(03-19-2017, 12:01 AM)
FearlessBelgian's Avatar

Originally Posted by ACE 1991

So I've got a decently beefy rig (980ti, oc'd 6600K) but I've read this game has optimization issues. What settings do you recommend turning down/off?

Textures in ultra (no influences on the fps) and the rest in low but even with that the fps will not always sufficiently high.

I have an i7 4770k@4.2ghz and a GTX 1070 though.
packy34
Member
(03-19-2017, 12:03 AM)
packy34's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gen.Grievous

H1Z1 is popular because it's really arcade and accessible, I actually prefer Battlegrounds because it is more tactical but i simply cannot see it get as popular as H1Z1.

ffejeromdiks
Banned
(03-19-2017, 12:08 AM)

Originally Posted by packy34

...games not even out yet and has only been in the development for 8 months, H1Z1 is going to get destroyed.

Originally Posted by C-Drive

Keys here for beta:

http://www.alphabetagamer.com/player...iveaway-steam/

Finally got one, thanks buddy.
LostMyNarbles
Member
(03-19-2017, 12:27 AM)
LostMyNarbles's Avatar
I played my first match and got all excited because I dove to the edge of the map and got stocked up and then starting messing around with all the guns I found.

Then the map shrank and I realized you can't outrun it and checked my map to see that it was so far from where I was that I died :(
packy34
Member
(03-19-2017, 12:31 AM)
packy34's Avatar

Originally Posted by LostMyNarbles

I played my first match and got all excited because I dove to the edge of the map and got stocked up and then starting messing around with all the guns I found.

Then the map shrank and I realized you can't outrun it and checked my map to see that it was so far from where I was that I died :(

Yeah you really need to be aware of where the circle is going to be and make sure you get there in time.
Tecnniqe
Banned
(03-19-2017, 12:32 AM)

Originally Posted by LostMyNarbles

I played my first match and got all excited because I dove to the edge of the map and got stocked up and then starting messing around with all the guns I found.

Then the map shrank and I realized you can't outrun it and checked my map to see that it was so far from where I was that I died :(

My best game was with another GAFer on duo. We started outside the map, he died as we tried to catch up to it but I barely managed to get in, popping Red Bull and painkillers and medkits like crazy. Ended up with 70% HP and no meds, about 40 or so left if not more. Pulled a win from outside the circle on the opposite side of the map with 8 kills; 2 mags and 0 meds during combat.
Dopus
Banned
(03-19-2017, 12:54 AM)
Is there anywhere else that's giving away keys? Looks as though the offer ended.
fluffydelusions
Member
(03-19-2017, 01:21 AM)
fluffydelusions's Avatar
Placed #29 in solo. Furthest I've gotten so far
jediyoshi
Member
(03-19-2017, 01:23 AM)
jediyoshi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dopus

Is there anywhere else that's giving away keys? Looks as though the offer ended.

Keep trying the alphabetgamer link every now and then, they seem to keep getting new batches. Got one this morning and I missed two batches of it yesterday.
Jarth Mader
Member
(03-19-2017, 01:31 AM)

Originally Posted by packy34

You can open the inventory around items and drag them from the ground to avoid the animation. Not an elegant solution, but should help somewhat

Thanks, I'll try that out and see if it doesn't slow me down too much.

Originally Posted by Tecnniqe

It's a shame it's giving you issues, honestly don't have these. Is it only first person doing it for you or third too?

Third does it a little but not as much as first. I use third while outside and first while in buildings. Might have to get comfortable playing third all the time. Most first person games don't affect me this way. Changing the FOV usually helps when they do. Is there a way to change FOV in PUBG?
JDB
Member
(03-19-2017, 01:35 AM)
JDB's Avatar
Seems pretty good. I do wish it'd go a bit more into Arma's direction rather than H1Z1. It seems like it takes a lot of shots to kill someone and the agility of players reminds me of the stupid movement people have in H1Z1 where they jump and zigzag during firefights.
Overall looks really nice though. Gunplay looks satisfying, it has a fair amount of content and it seems to pretty much take the good things from both Arma 3 and H1Z1's version of the gametype.
SuoGrey
Member
(03-19-2017, 01:46 AM)
SuoGrey's Avatar
Been waiting for this one to drop. Almost there!
fluffydelusions
Member
(03-19-2017, 01:51 AM)
fluffydelusions's Avatar
Why do people join duos or squads with no mic? =\ Should be text chat in this game for those people at least. It kinda sucks when you can't communicate with team members
dave is ok
aztek is ok
(03-19-2017, 02:23 AM)
dave is ok's Avatar

Originally Posted by ModBot

Instructions for dave is ok:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot within the last 3 months to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.



Playerunknown's Battlegrounds -- MB-C427079F4F25BC1E


Beta key, not full game.
Tovarisc
Member
(03-19-2017, 04:13 AM)
Tovarisc's Avatar
Duos with a friend over the VOIP are blast.
Vipu
Banned
(03-19-2017, 04:31 AM)
next page

Thread Tools