• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Dubz
Member
(11-04-2017, 04:54 PM)
Dubz's Avatar
My campaign progress won't save! I got about a half hour in the campaign twice now and every time I hit triangle to resume game it starts the whole damn game over. Am I doing something wrong?
aajohnny
Member
(11-04-2017, 04:55 PM)
aajohnny's Avatar
I'm debating whether or not to get this game on PC or PS4. Is it really true that the playerbase for PC Cod dies quickly?
Catphish
Member
(11-04-2017, 05:17 PM)
Catphish's Avatar

Originally Posted by aajohnny

I'm debating whether or not to get this game on PC or PS4. Is it really true that the playerbase for PC Cod dies quickly?

I chose PS4 not only because the player base will almost certainly be larger than PC's, but PC also has a major cheater problem (aimbots, etc) that Activision hasn't yet proven they've addressed.

It was a hard decision, because my PC is better than my Pro, but I still have fresh memories of how fked up COD:IW was on PC.
naweednrahman
Member
(11-04-2017, 06:56 PM)
I'm likely going to return the game and get a refund. It's broken to me.
MrBlonde
Member
(11-04-2017, 08:02 PM)
An someone tell me how to activate the double xp? I have 3 hrs left and u can do 1hr a day and itís been 24 hrs but itís not working, is there something I need to do?

Also I game share in m house with my daughter and she didnít get any of the pre order or extra stuff from the digital deluxe version other then the bonus map, looks like she has the season pass at least if she has the map but thought she would get the other stuff too??
Elginer
Member
(11-04-2017, 08:05 PM)
Elginer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dubz

My campaign progress won't save! I got about a half hour in the campaign twice now and every time I hit triangle to resume game it starts the whole damn game over. Am I doing something wrong?

Mines doing the same shit. What the hell man...
Daffy Duck
Member
(11-04-2017, 08:21 PM)
Daffy Duck's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrBlonde

An someone tell me how to activate the double xp? I have 3 hrs left and u can do 1hr a day and itís been 24 hrs but itís not working, is there something I need to do?

Also I game share in m house with my daughter and she didnít get any of the pre order or extra stuff from the digital deluxe version other then the bonus map, looks like she has the season pass at least if she has the map but thought she would get the other stuff too??

The XP will activate automatically, I imagine you just have to wait a little longer.

I bought the digital deluxe edition on PS4 too and donít have my divisions pack content.
Aklamarth
Member
(11-04-2017, 08:22 PM)
Well for what it's worth it , i enjoyed it. Game wants to be Band of Brother The Game and it even manages to do that in a couple of places.

Technically the game is decent : good sound design, great particle effects , textures, animations on the other hand are REALLY shitty.

From a gameplay perspective my only bIg complaint is the gunplay : coming from Wolfenstein TNC (which from my point of view perhaps has the best gunplay in a shooter ever) , WW2 gunplay feels like a bad joke. The guns are so .....ineffective , it feels you're shooting toy guns.
-SG
Member
(11-04-2017, 08:50 PM)
-SG's Avatar

Originally Posted by Aklamarth

Well for what it's worth it , i enjoyed it. Game wants to be Band of Brother The Game and it even manages to do that in a couple of places.

Technically the game is decent : good sound design, great particle effects , textures, animations on the other hand are REALLY shitty.

From a gameplay perspective my only bIg complaint is the gunplay : coming from Wolfenstein TNC (which from my point of view perhaps has the best gunplay in a shooter ever) , WW2 gunplay feels like a bad joke. The guns are so .....ineffective , it feels you're shooting toy guns.


I'm surprised you think the sound is passable. To me, it's awful. Nothing sounds punchy or weighty at all. It's all so underwhelming.

I agree about the guns though. Everything feels like a pea shooter.
Memnoch
Member
(11-04-2017, 09:18 PM)
Memnoch's Avatar

Originally Posted by GodParticle

They need to hire a better audio engineer. These guns sound like shit

And the graphics are shit.
KneehighPark
Member
(11-04-2017, 09:24 PM)
KneehighPark's Avatar
Question: is anyone having problems with loading times? A few times loading into MP I had to reset due to infinite loading. Other times it takes 1.5-2 minutes to get into the HQ. Sometimes it takes so long after a match ends, that I donít have time to quit the lobby before a next one begins. Other times, trying to quit a lobby doesnít work as button presses wonít register.

Coupled with lag/network issues and Iím disappointed so far.
Kimawolf
Member
(11-04-2017, 09:24 PM)
I have been underwhelmed. Call of duty infinite warfare was more fun for me so far. It feels like Sledgehammer took a step backwards unfortunately.

Doesn't help it has so much instability atm as well.
Memnoch
Member
(11-04-2017, 09:26 PM)
Memnoch's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kimawolf

I have been underwhelmed. Call of duty infinite warfare was more fun for me so far. It feels like Sledgehammer took a step backwards unfortunately.

Doesn't help it has so much instability atm as well.

Yes big step backwards. Infinite Warfare's campaign was much better.
TheSpecialOne
Member
(11-04-2017, 09:33 PM)
TheSpecialOne's Avatar

Originally Posted by aajohnny

I'm debating whether or not to get this game on PC or PS4. Is it really true that the playerbase for PC Cod dies quickly?

I own it on both and I have it maxed out on PC and I still think it looks better on the pro barring the checkerboarding artifacts. HDR makes such a huge difference.
TERRORIFFIC
Member
(11-04-2017, 09:37 PM)
TERRORIFFIC's Avatar
Keep having to restart the game due to infinite loading screens trying to get into the MP. Making the MP its own section that has to load up instead of just a few menus was an incredibly stupid decision. When I play COD I want to jump right in quick because most of the time I only wanna play a couple rounds.

This was my first COD purchase since BO1 and so far I regret it.
Dubz
Member
(11-04-2017, 10:04 PM)
Dubz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Elginer

Mines doing the same shit. What the hell man...

Fuck really? Anybody got any fixes for the campaign not saving progress?
Hado
Member
(11-04-2017, 10:04 PM)
Hado's Avatar
How the fuck is everyone so fast with aiming and all other stuff on PC in MP?

Coming from Csgo i thought i'd have an easy time but I get completely obliterated :p
The Freeman
Member
(11-04-2017, 10:52 PM)
The Freeman's Avatar
Jeff Gerstmann has been tweeting about his frustration at trying to get games and has admitted he doesn't think it's a good game.

Actually surprised at this, as he's usually a big fan of the CoD franchise and we usually share similar taste in games.
TheSpecialOne
Member
(11-04-2017, 10:53 PM)
TheSpecialOne's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hado

How the fuck is everyone so fast with aiming and all other stuff on PC in MP?

Coming from Csgo i thought i'd have an easy time but I get completely obliterated :p

Turn up your mouse sensitivity in the menu options.
Yhippa
Member
(11-04-2017, 10:56 PM)
Yhippa's Avatar
Anybody on Xbox One able to get into a multiplayer game?
Nikana
Member
(11-04-2017, 11:05 PM)
Nikana's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Freeman

Jeff Gerstmann has been tweeting about his frustration at trying to get games and has admitted he doesn't think it's a good game.

Actually surprised at this, as he's usually a big fan of the CoD franchise and we usually share similar taste in games.

That sucks. I tend to agree with his opinion too. Especially on CoD. I think Advanced Warfare was damn good.
GrazGamer
Member
(11-04-2017, 11:12 PM)

Originally Posted by TheSpecialOne

I own it on both and I have it maxed out on PC and I still think it looks better on the pro barring the checkerboarding artifacts. HDR makes such a huge difference.

Itís HDR on PC too and looks great
BizzyBum
Member
(11-04-2017, 11:13 PM)
BizzyBum's Avatar

Originally Posted by aajohnny

I'm debating whether or not to get this game on PC or PS4. Is it really true that the playerbase for PC Cod dies quickly?

Never get COD on PC. The MP is always DOA. Sure, you'll get games but the player base will always be abysmally low.
excessive
Junior Member
(11-04-2017, 11:25 PM)
The loading times are pretty rediculous for a start. The way it transitions from the main menu -> multiplayer -> online -> load screen reminds me of going on multiplayer on Doom. I get that you now load straight into the social space, which will increase the load time, but i use the word 'social' very loosely, as there's never anybody else there with me when i load in anyway. I have open NAT aswel.

That wouldn't stop me from playing online though, the thing that has killed it for me is having to close the application after every match completion. Game ends, sometimes lucky enough to see the scoreboard or winners circle but then nothing, can't leave the game, can't go to the 'social' space, have to dashboard it.
BLAUcopter
Member
(11-04-2017, 11:29 PM)
BLAUcopter's Avatar
Can't believe it's taking them so long to fix this. It's a shame as there's a great game hidden under all the connection troubles.
KneehighPark
Member
(11-05-2017, 12:59 AM)
KneehighPark's Avatar
Also, any way to turn HDR off? I canít find an option
lefty1117
Member
(11-05-2017, 01:26 AM)
Don't know why people are crying about the graphics and sound. Both are outstanding on my PC - i7 5820, 980ti, 16gb ram. Some of the gunfire really cracks nicely and can be startling depending on where it's coming from.
Ravek
Member
(11-05-2017, 01:09 AM)
Ravek's Avatar

Originally Posted by lefty1117

Don't know why people are crying about the graphics and sound. Both are outstanding on my PC - i7 5820, 980ti, 16gb ram. Some of the gunfire really cracks nicely and can be startling depending on where it's coming from.

cool story bro.


---

has sledgehammer said anything about when to expect a patch?
TheSpecialOne
Member
(11-05-2017, 01:21 AM)
TheSpecialOne's Avatar

Originally Posted by GrazGamer

Itís HDR on PC too and looks great

Not if you don't have an HDR capable monitor. You get a darker scene and black crush.
Z3M0G
Member
(11-05-2017, 01:58 AM)
Z3M0G's Avatar
Watching some UFC and seeing lots of ads. They are terrified to show what this game looks like, arent they.
Spukc
Member
(11-05-2017, 02:24 AM)
Spukc's Avatar
Well its official black ops 3 has no longer the shittiest campaign mode.
This game passed it.

Holy shit i want my money back 😐
What a major let down
CaptainSmirnov
Member
(11-05-2017, 02:29 AM)
CaptainSmirnov's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSpecialOne

Not if you don't have an HDR capable monitor. You get a darker scene and black crush.

Well... yeah? HDR needs an HDR able tv or monitor. Even the game warns you in the options menu
TheSpecialOne
Member
(11-05-2017, 02:30 AM)
TheSpecialOne's Avatar

Originally Posted by CaptainSmirnov

Well... yeah? HDR needs an HDR able tv or monitor. Even the game warns you in the options menu

Yes that is true but I've been searching for a way to turn off hdr. No dice.
MaKTaiL
Member
(11-05-2017, 02:31 AM)
MaKTaiL's Avatar

Originally Posted by Spukc

Well its official black ops 3 has no longer the shittiest campaign mode.
This game passed it.

Holy shit i want my money back 😐
What a major let down

Have you finished it already? It gets better on the second half.
CaptainSmirnov
Member
(11-05-2017, 02:32 AM)
CaptainSmirnov's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSpecialOne

Yes that is true but I've been searching for a way to turn off hdr. No dice.

Should be off by default, strange. It's greyed out and off by default on my monitor and works as it should on my tv.
Spukc
Member
(11-05-2017, 02:46 AM)
Spukc's Avatar

Originally Posted by MaKTaiL

Have you finished it already? It gets better on the second half.

Last mission i just cant care about anything or anyone.
EtherMagic
Member
(11-05-2017, 04:07 AM)

Originally Posted by thatJohann

Does anyone know what the enhancements are for the Xbox One X version?


Have not seen anything official, but word is Nov 6th, so Monday.


I been on this aswel, really looking forward to comparisons.
EtherMagic
Member
(11-05-2017, 04:09 AM)

Originally Posted by Spukc

Last mission i just cant care about anything or anyone.


From all your posts i take it you regret your purchase? lol
EtherMagic
Member
(11-05-2017, 04:15 AM)
For those of you having issue's saving your progress, have you guys tried disconnecting your Wifi yet from console? Try it if not.
GodParticle
Member
(11-05-2017, 04:41 AM)
GodParticle's Avatar
If I ever attempt to buy CoD again, please someone just punch me in the face
NowhereFaded
Member
(11-05-2017, 04:57 AM)
NowhereFaded's Avatar
So what guns are you guys using in multiplayer?
Iím level 15 and havenít found a gun that I like yet. What gives. I keep adjusting sensitivity to compensate .
GTR R35_Supra RZ
Member
(11-05-2017, 05:03 AM)
GTR R35_Supra RZ's Avatar
So majority don't like it i see..welp, Was holding it sealed till the X dropped..out it goes back to amazon warehouse 😕
MrBlonde
Member
(11-05-2017, 05:06 AM)

Originally Posted by NowhereFaded

So what guns are you guys using in multiplayer?
Iím level 15 and havenít found a gun that I like yet. What gives. I keep adjusting sensitivity to compensate .

Is it just me or is there barely any aim assist in this one? I bumped my sensitivity up one which I never do, I just canít seem to get comfortable yet and Iím doing pretty bad, Iím not the best cod player but I donít suck this bad.... I havenít found a gun yet that I love but I do like the stg, the first assault rifle canít think of the name, and the type 100 seemed solid then I started doing bad with it so who knows, I get tons of hit markers and feel like I die fast, very frustrating


I have the Xbox elite controller so if anyone can recommend any settings go for it
NowhereFaded
Member
(11-05-2017, 05:21 AM)
NowhereFaded's Avatar
I too am getting a shit load of hit markers but am being killed by only a few shots . Really wierd. Must be my interweb connection?
Ombra
Banned
(11-05-2017, 05:33 AM)
Ironic taking it back to ww2 did not work out whatsoever..maybe Nazi zombies will save it?
Dominican Power
Member
(11-05-2017, 06:41 AM)
Dominican Power's Avatar
Wish they gave consumers an option to buy just the MP portion of the game.
Xaero Gravity
Member
(11-05-2017, 06:42 AM)
Xaero Gravity's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dominican Power

Wish they gave consumers an option to buy just the MP portion of the game.

I would absolutely love this. I never have an interest in single player campaigns in COD or Battlefield. Hell, I don't even see myself touching the one in Battlefront 2.
Pingoreous
Member
(11-05-2017, 08:34 AM)
Pingoreous's Avatar

Originally Posted by NowhereFaded

I too am getting a shit load of hit markers but am being killed by only a few shots . Really wierd. Must be my interweb connection?

Naaa it's not you, i go from being a MLG god to a hit marker MVP. It's random from day to day or time of day. It happens to me on Sledgehammer and infinity ward COD games. I never have a problem with Treyarch COD games. It's their net code or "server" location, who knows.
Rated-Rsuperstar
Member
(11-05-2017, 08:47 AM)
Rated-Rsuperstar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ombra

Ironic taking it back to ww2 did not work out whatsoever..maybe Nazi zombies will save it?

Its not the setting thats the problem. Its activision and the set standard each developer has to crank out as the series continues to grow stale and behind its contemporaries.
CoffeeKillquest
Member
(11-05-2017, 08:48 AM)
CoffeeKillquest's Avatar
God the etool (shovel) is the best weapon in mp. That airborne division and throwing knives is op as hell.

Thread Tools