• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Liliana Eileen
Member
(11-06-2017, 09:18 PM)
Liliana Eileen's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bustanen

"True 4K", drops below 900p

And it actually goes ABOVE 4K, just like that, so this is clearly an optimization bug. Next time you should actually read.
Christocolus
Member
(11-06-2017, 09:20 PM)
Christocolus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Space_nut

Seems like a bug with the dynamic scaling. Once it's fixed it'll be good

This is extremely impressive on Xbox One X :)

"Essentially, while much of the image does indeed scale dynamically, there are elements - like depth of field, colour correction and bloom - which are locked at native 2160p. So, these aspects of the renderer incur a fixed cost that is far higher than the equivalent 1440p image on PlayStation 4 Pro.

Pushing out higher geometry detail levels closer to the PC's maximum "

Man pro only does 1440p the highest while Xbox One X goes up to 6K with all the advancements seen above is a huge difference

The devs are already looking into it. should be fixed soon. Nice work though.
MaximusPayne
Member
(11-06-2017, 09:26 PM)
MaximusPayne's Avatar

Originally Posted by Liliana Eileen

And it actually goes ABOVE 4K, just like that, so this is clearly an optimization bug. Next time you should actually read.

Don't feed it
onQ123
Junior Member
(11-07-2017, 01:37 AM)
onQ123's Avatar
Maybe it's just that whatever effects that brought PS4 Pro down to 1080P just so happen to be even more bottlenecked on Xbox One X.
AmyS
Member
(11-07-2017, 01:44 AM)
PS4 Pro has more ACEs up its sleeve than Xbox One X ?
rokkerkory
Member
(11-07-2017, 02:04 AM)
rokkerkory's Avatar
Must be the dGPU!
Arefu
Junior Member
(11-07-2017, 02:18 AM)
Arefu's Avatar
I had a feeling Respawn's 6K claim was going to bite them in the ass.
Nikana
Member
(11-07-2017, 02:21 AM)
Nikana's Avatar

Originally Posted by rokkerkory

Must be the dGPU!

You shut your mouth.
Vroadstar
Member
(11-07-2017, 02:22 AM)
Vroadstar's Avatar
Gaf's least important game!
SmoothRunningGun
Member
(11-07-2017, 02:34 AM)

Originally Posted by Leyasu

Titanfall 2 just about to become gafs goat.

Lol
Bigby_Wolf
Banned
(11-07-2017, 02:39 AM)
PlayStation got one!

8.4 tflop secret sauce be praised.
shpankey
not an idiot
(11-07-2017, 02:41 AM)
Sounds like they just need to balance the optimization for the X, as some of the things they have done is causing these effects. I would expect a patch fairly soon.

"... Essentially, while much of the image does indeed scale dynamically, there are elements - like depth of field, colour correction and bloom - which are locked at native 2160p. So, these aspects of the renderer incur a fixed cost that is far higher than the equivalent 1440p image on PlayStation 4 Pro."

...yup.
Koala Driving a Ferrari
Junior Member
(11-07-2017, 02:41 AM)
Koala Driving a Ferrari's Avatar
I guess that leaving the work experience kid in charge of the Xbox One X update at Respawn wasn't the best idea they've had.

Hopefully this will be fixed well before I pick up my Xbox One X as I've been hanging out to play it. I might just pick up AC Origins with my X instead.
SMOK3Y
Generous Member
(11-07-2017, 03:26 AM)
SMOK3Y's Avatar
How can it drop to below 900p though wtf?
JP
Member
(11-07-2017, 03:28 AM)
JP's Avatar

Originally Posted by SMOK3Y

How can it drop to below 900p though wtf?

Don't mock, at least it's "TRUE 842p".
vypermajik
Junior Member
(11-07-2017, 03:30 AM)
vypermajik's Avatar
I saw the Digital Foundry video on this. I have no idea how they could go so backwards. I'm hoping this will be fixed by the time my Xbox One X shows up (thanks Best Buy!) so there's still hope...
ganaconda
Member
(11-07-2017, 03:57 AM)
https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/c...gital/dpfvfre/

No update yet other than they are looking into it. Obviously there is a bug somewhere with their scaler. Having certain aspects locked at 4K will affect performance like Digital Foundry mentioned, but that shouldn't be enough to drop the res that far.
Sosokrates
Member
(11-07-2017, 03:58 AM)
Sosokrates's Avatar
This is scailing so low because other assets and settings are higher then the pro version.

Should not be hard to fix, lol at people acting like this is a graphical win for sony, for it to be a graphical win for sony all visual perameters would need to be identical, which they are not.
ArmageddB
Member
(11-07-2017, 04:16 AM)
ArmageddB's Avatar
Should have kept the eSRAM.

From all Iíve read (and Iím not a software or hardware engineer) it seems like Xbox One to Xbox One X would be more difficult than PS4 to PS4 Pro.
kaylord
Member
(11-07-2017, 04:33 AM)

Originally Posted by Bustanen

"True 4K", drops below 900p

Too funny lol
it_wasn't_me
Junior Member
(11-07-2017, 04:53 AM)

Originally Posted by Liliana Eileen

And it actually goes ABOVE 4K, just like that, so this is clearly an optimization bug. Next time you should actually read.

But it can't go to 6k like someone wrote it here for whatever reason.
rokkerkory
Member
(11-07-2017, 04:54 AM)
rokkerkory's Avatar

Originally Posted by ArmageddB

Should have kept the eSRAM.

From all Iíve read (and Iím not a software or hardware engineer) it seems like Xbox One to Xbox One X would be more difficult than PS4 to PS4 Pro.

Yeah ok where u reading this? Devs have gotten one games running on X in matter of few days.
meirl
Member
(11-07-2017, 05:11 AM)

Originally Posted by ArmageddB

Should have kept the eSRAM.

From all Iíve read (and Iím not a software or hardware engineer) it seems like Xbox One to Xbox One X would be more difficult than PS4 to PS4 Pro.

Wtf?
Ombra
Banned
(11-07-2017, 05:13 AM)

Originally Posted by mad597

Victory laps you all

U mad?
TLZ
Member
(11-07-2017, 05:30 AM)
TLZ's Avatar

Originally Posted by meirl

Ffs. Its a BUG. Stop Spinning, SonyGAF.

Calm your tits.
D65
Junior Member
(11-07-2017, 05:37 AM)

Originally Posted by onQ123

Maybe it's just that whatever effects that brought PS4 Pro down to 1080P just so happen to be even more bottlenecked on Xbox One X.

The X1X version uses higher effects as a maximum, which is probably what is causing this. The Titanfall 2 engine was always spotty where setting a maximum too high could cause your overall IQ to be worse on PC.

So now when the engine is bottlenecked, it is compromising the texture detail and resolution more and those are the things more noticeable than superbright quality light shafts and shadows etc.
Freshmaker
I am Korean.
(11-07-2017, 06:58 AM)
Freshmaker's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sosokrates

This is scailing so low because other assets and settings are higher then the pro version.

Should not be hard to fix, lol at people acting like this is a graphical win for sony, for it to be a graphical win for sony all visual perameters would need to be identical, which they are not.

No, it's not that. It's just kinda hilarious as far as bugs go.

Titanfall 2's not super demanding in the first place, so it'll likely be ironed out quickly. But it was also one the the games nobody was expecting to have performance issues like this.
Alter_Fridge
Member
(11-07-2017, 07:10 AM)
Alter_Fridge's Avatar
I need to add that I found Titanfall 2 to be pretty overrated

The way people talk about it here is that it's the second coming of Christ.

I'm almost at the end and waiting for the awesome part? I haven't found anything super remarkable yet.

Maybe it's coz I really don't like FPS' anymore
Coulomb_Barrier
Member
(11-07-2017, 10:12 AM)
Coulomb_Barrier's Avatar
So the whole 'drops below 900p' thing is still a thing on the Xbox One X? I thought that horrible, horrible trait was banished for good with the XB1. Seems not. No excuse for it.
insane
Junior Member
(11-07-2017, 10:17 AM)

Originally Posted by Coulomb_Barrier

So the whole 'drops below 900p' thing is still a thing on the Xbox One X? I thought that horrible, horrible trait was banished for good with the XB1. Seems not. No excuse for it.

it's a bug, chill. It will get fixed.
AbandonedTrolley
Member
(11-07-2017, 11:41 AM)
AbandonedTrolley's Avatar

Originally Posted by Coulomb_Barrier

So the whole 'drops below 900p' thing is still a thing on the Xbox One X? I thought that horrible, horrible trait was banished for good with the XB1. Seems not. No excuse for it.

Oh come on, I mean I like Sony as much as anyone, but even I can tell this is a bug and shouldn't be happening. I doubt this game will ever drop under 1440 on the X
onQ123
Junior Member
(11-07-2017, 11:50 AM)
onQ123's Avatar

Originally Posted by AbandonedTrolley

Oh come on, I mean I like Sony as much as anyone, but even I can tell this is a bug and shouldn't be happening. I doubt this game will ever drop under 1440 on the X

What does Sony have to do with his post?
AbandonedTrolley
Member
(11-07-2017, 11:59 AM)
AbandonedTrolley's Avatar

Originally Posted by onQ123

What does Sony have to do with his post?

You're right there is no mention of Sony, but the rant came across as someone downplaying Microsoft in the same way they have been all along with the resolution difference. This is clearly a bug on the X and simply has gone when working correctly.
onQ123
Junior Member
(11-07-2017, 12:45 PM)
onQ123's Avatar

Originally Posted by AbandonedTrolley

You're right there is no mention of Sony, but the rant came across as someone downplaying Microsoft in the same way they have been all along with the resolution difference. This is clearly a bug on the X and simply has gone when working correctly.

I think it's more of a defense mechanism to point the finger at others when something is wrong because it's like 3 "SonyGaf" posts in this thread.
Coulomb_Barrier
Member
(11-07-2017, 01:01 PM)
Coulomb_Barrier's Avatar

Originally Posted by AbandonedTrolley

Oh come on, I mean I like Sony as much as anyone, but even I can tell this is a bug and shouldn't be happening. I doubt this game will ever drop under 1440 on the X

Well this is the purpose of these tech examinations, to find flaws like this.
PuppetMaster
Member
(11-07-2017, 01:33 PM)
PuppetMaster's Avatar
Well, there it is .gif
Laserdisk
Member
(11-07-2017, 01:34 PM)
This was the one game I wanted to upgrade for, I love how it looks on the pro on my tv.
Hopefully they can fix it
PuppetMaster
Member
(11-07-2017, 01:46 PM)
PuppetMaster's Avatar
Such a good game anyway though. More people need to buy this.
AbandonedTrolley
Member
(11-07-2017, 01:49 PM)
AbandonedTrolley's Avatar

Originally Posted by Coulomb_Barrier

Well this is the purpose of these tech examinations, to find flaws like this.

It wasn't a flaw previously it was working as intended for the specified hardware, this simply is a bug that's not scaling correctly.
onQ123
Junior Member
(11-07-2017, 01:54 PM)
onQ123's Avatar

Originally Posted by AbandonedTrolley

It wasn't a flaw previously it was working as intended for the specified hardware, this simply is a bug that's not scaling correctly.


What are you talking about? when was it working as intended? this is the 1st time anyone besides the devs had a chance to test the game on Xbox One X.
o'dium
Junior Member
(11-07-2017, 02:00 PM)
o'dium's Avatar
Simple fact that people need to understand. There is zero reason, none, that this wouldn't perform BETTER than on Pro. Every single area in performance is better. So all the sony girls who are currently taking to arms on Twitter need to calm down. This isn't a "one off" or "the start of things to come", its an error. And errors can be fixed. Its in Respawns interest to fix it, mind you, because this looks bad on them as it makes them look liars, and it looks bad on Microsoft, because this 6k game was supposed to shine.
MaximusPayne
Member
(11-07-2017, 02:01 PM)
MaximusPayne's Avatar
Calm down guys, it will get patched. Jeez.
Donos
Member
(11-07-2017, 02:15 PM)
Donos's Avatar
What's with the hostile "SonyGaf" posts? People here are making lighthearted jokes. Everybody knows that the X is way more powerful than the Pro. It certainly should be for the price and later release. Game will be patched.
PsihoPerihelion
Member
(11-07-2017, 02:20 PM)
PsihoPerihelion's Avatar

Originally Posted by o'dium

Simple fact that people need to understand. There is zero reason, none, that this wouldn't perform BETTER than on Pro. Every single area in performance is better. So all the sony girls who are currently taking to arms on Twitter need to calm down.

You are a disgusting pig who hates women. Enjoy your patriarchy, fool.
o'dium
Junior Member
(11-07-2017, 02:22 PM)
o'dium's Avatar

Originally Posted by PsihoPerihelion

You are a disgusting pig who hates women. Enjoy your patriarchy, fool.

I'm sure my wife would agree! Good lord...

AbandonedTrolley
Member
(11-07-2017, 03:02 PM)
AbandonedTrolley's Avatar

Originally Posted by Coulomb_Barrier

So the whole 'drops below 900p' thing is still a thing on the Xbox One X? I thought that horrible, horrible trait was banished for good with the XB1. Seems not. No excuse for it.

Originally Posted by onQ123

What are you talking about? when was it working as intended? this is the 1st time anyone besides the devs had a chance to test the game on Xbox One X.

If you went back through the original train of replies, you would see that it was working as intended when the engine was "dropping below 900p" on the XB1, this happening on the XBX is clearly a bug and not what was intended by the engine.
llien
Member
(11-07-2017, 03:11 PM)
llien's Avatar
I knew 3D stuff could drop framerates, but today I learned it could drop... resolution.
Still figuring how.
onQ123
Junior Member
(11-07-2017, 03:25 PM)
onQ123's Avatar

Originally Posted by AbandonedTrolley

If you went back through the original train of replies, you would see that it was working as intended when the engine was "dropping below 900p" on the XB1, this happening on the XBX is clearly a bug and not what was intended by the engine.



The game dropped down to 480P on Xbox One this is not a bug it's how the engine was designed , PS4 drop to 720P , PS4 Pro drop to 1080P & Xbox One X just so happen to drop down to 842P. They can go back & optimize & keep it from dropping that low but this isn't some random bug.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...all-2-face-off


First impressions suggested that this remained in place on retail code, but further investigation confirms that pixel-count scales in the final game according to GPU load. For the majority of the experience, this actually works out to be a positive. For much of the game, PS4 resolves at around 1000p, and Xbox One around 810-828p. Gaining absolutely accurate metrics is difficult owing to the temporal super-sampling anti-aliasing, which makes it very difficult to find the hard geometric edges essential for pixel-counting.

However, the Titanfall 2 beta dropped frames hard on both systems, so yes, resolution will drop below the beta's fixed framebuffer standard - we've seen PS4 drop to 720p in the most intense of scenes, while Xbox One will fare worse. We've yet to determine how low it drops - temporal reconstruction is really difficult to work with, but it can look bad. We've actually recorded edges that range from 480p upwards - however, Titanfall 2's post-process pipeline may be working with lower resolution alpha effects, reducing pixel count where transparencies intersect with geometric edges.

Sšndersson
Member
(11-07-2017, 03:29 PM)
Pro is a beast, that fp16 seems to be doing its magic.
onQ123
Junior Member
(11-10-2017, 07:43 AM)
onQ123's Avatar
New Xbox One X patch

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/928772948017668096

Respawn‏Verified account
@Respawn

A small patch has been deployed for Xbox Only to improve visuals and performance on Xbox One X


Thread Tools