• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Paterson
(11-13-2017, 08:49 PM)
Do people really exist that are upset over his "Peace and quiet" joke? If so, seek help. Lots and lots of help. There's plenty to despise him over, but that tweet isn't one of them.
Cert.in.Death
(11-13-2017, 08:51 PM)
Basically will follow the format of Colin Was Right, a piece he did on KF that was not unlike The Jimquisition.

I still wish he and Greg could reconcile and bring back PS XOXO, but that ship has sailed, sadly, and weíre worse off for it.
FinaruDensetsu
(11-13-2017, 08:52 PM)
I guess Colin was also joking when he used Asians as a race to claim racism doesn't exist, thereby insinuating that other minorities just don't work hard.

Yeah... all just a joke.
ShadyJ
(11-13-2017, 08:52 PM)
Because we must shut down anything we don't want to hear

:sarcasm:
NoKisum
(11-13-2017, 09:02 PM)

Originally Posted by vypermajik

Colin who? Just kidding. Hope it's good. His Colin was Right series on KF was so arrogant... If he curbs that he has a shot!

Arrogant because of the way he broke down game industry stuff in CWR? Or arrogant because of the name?

Because I believe the latter just stemmed from a long running KF inside joke. Otherwise, it would seem hypocritical considering GAF goes gaga over Jim Sterling with his "Thank God for me" schtick.
Manus
(11-13-2017, 09:05 PM)
Awesome can't wait to check this out. Missed his talks about games.
SRTtoZ
(11-13-2017, 09:08 PM)

Originally Posted by family_guy

Kind of brought it on himself because he would bring his politics into alot of discussions.

Every gaming thread on GAF over the past year would devolve into a political discussion.
deadscreensky
(11-13-2017, 09:14 PM)

Originally Posted by Paterson

Do people really exist that are upset over his "Peace and quiet" joke? If so, seek help. Lots and lots of help. There's plenty to despise him over, but that tweet isn't one of them.

My suspicion is that yes, a slim majority of the population might actually get upset over a lazy, sexist joke, particularly when immediately backed up with the statement that if you don't find it funny then "you're a humorless [sack] of shit." As a general rule I don't like being called a sack of shit, and that doesn't seem unusually sensitive.

But I will agree that there's plenty of other things to dislike him over.
ArmageddB
(11-13-2017, 09:18 PM)
Super excited for this. Canít wait wait for unrestricted Colin talking games.
Hendrick's
(11-13-2017, 09:18 PM)

Originally Posted by FinaruDensetsu

I guess Colin was also joking when he used Asians as a race to claim racism doesn't exist, thereby insinuating that other minorities just don't work hard.

Yeah... all just a joke.

I think he was suggesting that perhaps not all racial disparities are inherently racist. I don't think that necessarily implies anything other than the possibility of other factors existing.
DarkJedi24
(11-13-2017, 09:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Swass

He was long gone before the tweet.. he was called out for his hypocrisy so he took his ball and went home.. the guy is so full of himself, thinks he knows everything, and you better not tell him otherwise.. he is a douchebag.

I suppose that is one perspective to have. Another would be that the Internet is full of trolls with nothing but time on their hands, realization after years of friendship that Greg was only there for him out of convenience, and discovered that voicing an opinion that didn't pander enough to the taste of the month could no longer fit with Kinda Funny.

Whatever happened to constructive discourse, and respecting each other's opinions? Today, outrage and character assassination, with a blind eye to nuance or proportion, is considered to be productive.

Originally Posted by Hendrick's

Breathe...it's going to be OK.

Evidently this guy finds the way that Trump presents his "facts" inspirational.
ironmang
(11-13-2017, 09:21 PM)

Originally Posted by deadscreensky

My suspicion is that yes, a slim majority of the population might actually get upset over a lazy, sexist joke, particularly when immediately backed up with the statement that if you don't find it funny then "you're a humorless [sack] of shit." As a general rule I don't like being called a sack of shit, and that doesn't seem unusually sensitive.

But I will agree that there's plenty of other things to dislike him over.

Sure, it was a lazy joke but thinking more than half of the people who read it got upset is a little absurd.

Originally Posted by ArmageddB

Super excited for this. Can’t wait wait for unrestricted Colin talking games.

Ya I think this format is by far the best for him. PSILY was at it's worst when he was trying to talk about newly released games that just didn't interest him. Much more enjoyable when he talks about the parts of the hobby and industry that he does find interesting.
I_dont_care
(11-13-2017, 09:24 PM)

Originally Posted by michaelius

That GAF he and many other industry people hate are now in different place- which ironically banned any thread about Colin return :D

Pretty sure the vast vast majority of industry people that were here on gaf have jumped ship from this place for the new one. At least all the ones Iíve talked to have. I really doubt that community is the problem. Besides, if Iím not mistaken Colinís beef with this place was over his right wing politics. Most developers and other insiders definitely have a left wing skew to their politics. People who avoid this place do so for different reasons then Colin. At least generally speaking.

I definitely find it interesting that this thread seems far more receptive to him than in the past. I wonder if politics is the reason?
deadscreensky
(11-13-2017, 09:27 PM)

Originally Posted by ironmang

Sure, it was a lazy joke but thinking more than half of the people who read it got upset is a little absurd.

Upset is a pretty low bar to clear, particularly considering the timing of the joke and his connected insult to people who didn't find it funny. I'm not sure if that ever goes over well.
ironmang
(11-13-2017, 09:46 PM)

Originally Posted by deadscreensky

Upset is a pretty low bar to clear, particularly considering the timing of the joke and his connected insult to people who didn't find it funny. I'm not sure if that ever goes over well.

I just don't see how people who let a shitty and tame joke like that upset them are able to function in society. It's the type of playful joke my parents would toss at each other then both laugh about afterwards.
Lothars
(11-13-2017, 09:47 PM)

Originally Posted by SRTtoZ

He made a 1990's Al Bundy joke and the half the internet that loves to get outraged went at him. The old Colin quit thread on Gaf a while ago was embarrassing to read at the time. You were brutalized for not seeing the big deal or even god forbid supporting the guy.

Can you blame him? A lot of people on the old version of Gaf attacked him for making a silly joke.

It wasn't a silly joke, it still is a shitty joke that he deserved every piece of criticism he gets. I can blame him because instead of debating, he pushes his fans to jump on anyone who disagrees. This says alot about this forum when the people left on here are defending him.

I just don't see how people who let a shitty and tame joke like that upset them are able to function in society. It's the type of playful joke my parents would toss at each other then both laugh about afterwards.

It's not a tame joke, it really said alot about the type of person he is.
Swass
(11-13-2017, 09:47 PM)

Originally Posted by SRTtoZ

Every gaming thread on GAF over the past year would devolve into a political discussion.

"Whataboutism"

Why do people keep citing the joke.. it was just the straw that broke the camel's back.
PSNTheNAC
(11-13-2017, 09:48 PM)
My boy Colin
Lothars
(11-13-2017, 09:50 PM)

Originally Posted by DarkJedi24

I suppose that is one perspective to have. Another would be that the Internet is full of trolls with nothing but time on their hands, realization after years of friendship that Greg was only there for him out of convenience, and discovered that voicing an opinion that didn't pander enough to the taste of the month could no longer fit with Kinda Funny.

Whatever happened to constructive discourse, and respecting each other's opinions? Today, outrage and character assassination, with a blind eye to nuance or proportion, is considered to be productive.

Everything that happened to Colin was Colin's own fault.
NoobleBear
(11-13-2017, 09:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Blam

We aren't here to shut down discussion. If people wanna discuss Colin then let them. Why limit the free speech we are given on the internet?

This response is standing ovation worthy. Kudos good sir (or ma'am)
deadscreensky
(11-13-2017, 09:57 PM)

Your parents presumably have a very different relationship than Colin X Random People on the Internet do. (Which is also why his wife defense was so disingenuous.) Everybody with an ounce of sense is going to speak differently with friends and family than they will total strangers. It's all about context.
sorabora
(11-13-2017, 10:08 PM)
Curious how is Last Stand is doing. I remember seeing tens of thousands pledged on Patreon.
DarkJedi24
(11-13-2017, 10:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Lothars

Everything that happened to Colin was Colin's own fault.

Statistically improbable, but thanks for the input.
Doctor Strange
(11-13-2017, 10:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Swass

Kinda Funny co-founder Colin Moriarty quits in wake of sexist tweet

the tweet wasn't sexist. Give me a fucking break.
ZeoVGM
formerly omg rite
(11-13-2017, 10:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Doctor Strange

the tweet wasn't sexist. Give me a fucking break.

It was sexist. This isn't an opinion or up for debate. The tweet was factually and unarguably sexist.

You might not care, it might not bother you, but it was sexist by definition.

And unfortunately for Colin, he already had a history of being a piece of shit.
ironmang
(11-13-2017, 10:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Lothars

It's not a tame joke, it really said alot about the type of person he is.

You're acting like he told a rape joke. What he said was neither funny nor offensive enough to be memorable.
Doctor Strange
(11-13-2017, 10:21 PM)

Originally Posted by ZeoVGM

It was sexist. This isn't an opinion or up for debate. The tweet was factually and unarguably sexist.

Yes it is up for opinion AND debate. It was a playful joke and I suggest you lighten up a bit.
sorabora
(11-13-2017, 10:22 PM)

Originally Posted by sorabora

Curious how is Last Stand is doing. I remember seeing tens of thousands pledged on Patreon.

View counts def dropping.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe3...t=dd&flow=grid
bug_42
(11-13-2017, 10:26 PM)

Originally Posted by Greatest Ever

Pass. Dude is a straight shit head.

100% agree with this. Plus his views come across borderline nuts.
DarkJedi24
(11-13-2017, 10:29 PM)

Sorry to break it to you friend, but it is impossible to live in a world of absolutes. I would love to see you share anything about Colin's history that makes him worthy of such a title. I don't even require a subjective absolute; just any evidence to back up this supposed history of unforgivable misdeeds.
ironmang
(11-13-2017, 10:31 PM)

Originally Posted by sorabora

At some point it seems Patreon stopped showing the exact amount being pledged so probably only Colin knows. 4570 patreons right now so at least $4570 if everybody contributed the lowest tier. Probably dipped a lot since CLS is not really doing anything that hasn't already been done better by other youtube channels led by people with relevant experience and education beyond it just being a hobby. Good for him to return to podcasting and gaming content which is where he built his fanbase for the last decade plus and where his expertise really lies.
ZeoVGM
formerly omg rite
(11-13-2017, 10:35 PM)

Sorry to break it to you friend, but it is impossible to live in a world of absolutes. I would love to see you share anything about Colin's history that makes him worthy of such a title. I don't even require a subjective absolute; just any evidence to back up this supposed history of unforgivable misdeeds.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...1439960&page=1

He is an ignorant piece of garbage.
ZeoVGM
formerly omg rite
(11-13-2017, 10:36 PM)

Originally Posted by Doctor Strange

Yes it is up for opinion AND debate.

It's not.

It was a playful joke and I suggest you lighten up a bit.

Yes, it was a joke. And the joke was sexist.

This really isn't hard. The "joke" was that women never shut up.

And you're honestly sitting in this thread trying to argue it's not sexist. Stop. You look foolish.
Blam
(11-13-2017, 10:40 PM)

Originally Posted by NoobleBear

This response is standing ovation worthy. Kudos good sir (or ma'am)

Thank you.

It's true why would we be posting on the internet if we didn't want to talk about what we want where we want. If I wanted to talk in a censored place I'd move myself to North Korea.

Free Speech isn't something I am going to be letting someone take from me, just because the topic is controversial.
SpiceRacz
(11-13-2017, 10:57 PM)

It's not.

And you're honestly sitting in this thread trying to argue it's not sexist. Stop. You look foolish.

No offense, but you're embarassing yourself.

Stop.
DarkJedi24
(11-13-2017, 11:00 PM)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...1439960&page=1

He is an ignorant piece of garbage.

Oh most definitely. We need not pay attention to the actual tweet he was replying to:
https://twitter.com/MsBlaireWhite/st...17986087108609
daniel77733
(11-13-2017, 11:16 PM)
Woohoo!!! Nice. The best thing about Kinda Funny is doing his own gaming segment. Can't wait!!! Another week to go!!!
ipukespiders
(11-13-2017, 11:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Garden Carrer

Isn't that the guy that hates gaf and was happy it went to shit?

Everything he hated about GAF has no moved on to another forum.
Wonkytonky
(11-13-2017, 11:18 PM)
Letís rehash all this again, yay!
Raimond
(11-13-2017, 11:41 PM)
Yessss this is awesome!
Darknessbear
(11-13-2017, 11:42 PM)

Originally Posted by michaelius

That GAF he and many other industry people hate are now in different place- which ironically banned any thread about Colin return :D

Haha, oh god that place. Makes you realize how those people contributed here and what an echo-chamber this place became...
ShadyJ
(11-13-2017, 11:44 PM)

It's not.

No actually you look foolish by not being able to comprehend a joke, stop being cute we know what you are trying to do here.
Blam
(11-13-2017, 11:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Darknessbear

Haha, oh god that place. Makes you realize how those people contributed here and what an echo-chamber this place became...

I have seen so many more differing opinions on this site since the majority of them moved on. So I am already happy that it happened.
Stealthcobra
(11-13-2017, 11:46 PM)

He's definitely still a piece of shit.. He's very closed minded with his political views.
ロキー
(11-13-2017, 11:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Blam

I have seen so many more differing opinions on this site since the majority of them moved on. So I am already happy that it happened.

I'm glad GAF went back to its roots. Feels good.
Stormblessed
(11-13-2017, 11:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Stealthcobra

He's definitely still a piece of shit.. He's very closed minded with his political views.

I didn't buy the phony apology for the ME3 stuff, so I guess I kind of understand this sentiment. He's about as open-minded politically as any games journalist, though.
BruceCLea
(11-14-2017, 12:00 AM)
He's a racist fucking piece of shit and I hope his new show fucking falls off a goddamn cliff.
Fucking repugnant moron. And fuck all his supporters. They're all alt-right goddamn morons.
Dunki
(11-14-2017, 12:16 AM)

Oh most definitely. We need not pay attention to the actual tweet he was replying to:
https://twitter.com/MsBlaireWhite/st...17986087108609

With this kind of article this makes it way more plausible but people on the internet always miss context and try to build their view like its best fiting for their own ideology. Again you can totally disagree with him but people on the internet try to destroy peoples life for not agreeing. And yes you can ssay the tweet was sexist. You can still ay it was funny but again it is not worth to destroy someones life because of it.
luulubuu
(11-14-2017, 12:17 AM)
I don't recognise any of these avatars, lawl
Manus
(11-14-2017, 12:17 AM)

Originally Posted by BruceCLea

He's a racist fucking piece of shit and I hope his new show fucking falls off a goddamn cliff.
Fucking repugnant moron. And fuck all his supporters. They're all alt-right goddamn morons.

Just gotta love posts like this. Can you please do tell what makes him racist?