• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus is working hard on the next Persona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao

Banned
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-03-18/producer/atlus-working-hard-on-next-persona-title

At a Niconico live broadcast during the Game no Dengeki Kanshasai 2013 event on Sunday, Atlus producer Katsura Hashino confirmed that the game developer was "working hard" on creating the next Persona title. He also discussed creating new features for the recent PS Vita role-playing game Persona 4 Golden and thanked the fans of the franchise.

Persona 4 Golden won a Platinum Dengeki Playstation Award for 2012. It was released in North America last November in both standard and Solid Gold Premium Editions, after shipping in Japan last June as a best-selling title. The game is an expanded version of the original Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 video game that was released for the PlayStation 2 in 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXXYXnCP-P4

Edit:

Timeline of nothing

Not really. We've had confirmation for 2 years now:

Persona 5
iGwsrgDglZWu5.png

• Development was first confirmed in March of 2010 in Dengeki PlayStation where Hashino stated that they were preparing to start work on the next Persona game.
  • In August 2011, Hashino stated, in a Famitsu interview, that "preliminary development" on the next Persona title was nearly complete.
  • In the same interview, Hashino stated that the Persona Team wants to challenge more new things in Persona 5 similar to the changes they made from Persona 2 to Persona 3. He also stated that they had solidified Persona 5's themes.
  • The only members of the development team that we know of, stated in the same interview, are: Hashino (director), Soejima (character designer) and Meguro (composer).
  • Apparently learning from Catherine's development using the Gamebryo engine, Hashino stated that the Persona Team had completed their own engine and that it would ease the implementation of their ideas into the game.
  • In May of 2012 in a Famitsu interview, Meguro stated that "if" there was a Persona 5 and "if" it was radically different from Persona 3 and Persona 4, the music would change as well.
  • In August of 2012, Hashino told Famitsu that the staff was now focused on the "next numbered entry" in the Persona series and that Soejima had submitted sketches. Yay.
  • During the Game no Dengeki Kanshasai 2013 event on March 17, Hashino stated that the Persona Team is "working hard" on the development of the next Persona title.

I'd really want to see a logo or something. ANYTHING.

Noi

He also discussed creating new features for the recent PS Vita role-playing game Persona 4 Golden and thanked the fans of the franchise.

I wonder what this means, exactly. P4G DLC?

Edit: Reading comprehension at minimum levels. Thanks guys.

It's nice to hear confirmation, though. I love P4G, but why is everyone clamoring for P5 to be on Vita? I'd like a new non-portable console Persona, myself.

Great, hopefully a PS3/Vita crossplatform game. I know some people would freak out thinking the Vita would hold it back, but I really doubt it would end up being a game that would push either platform much, if at all.

I'm in a weird place regarding Persona right now. I was so fired up about it last year, but the Eternal Punishment PSP situation has left me feeling flat.

Superflat

Awesome! So is this for current gen? Or....

Last I heard they were all, "We just finished concept art!" so they couldn't be that far in production. I'll guess it will release in two years.

PaineReign

Neo Member
Cannot wait. P4 is a really special game, my favorite ever, and I really want to see where they will take the series next.

FluxWaveZ

It's nice to hear confirmation, though.

Persona 5
iGwsrgDglZWu5.png

• Development was first confirmed in March of 2010 in Dengeki PlayStation where Hashino stated that they were preparing to start work on the next Persona game.
  • In August 2011, Hashino stated, in a Famitsu interview, that "preliminary development" on the next Persona title was nearly complete.
  • In the same interview, Hashino stated that the Persona Team wants to challenge more new things in Persona 5 similar to the changes they made from Persona 2 to Persona 3. He also stated that they had solidified Persona 5's themes.
  • The only members of the development team that we know of, stated in the same interview, are: Hashino (director), Soejima (character designer) and Meguro (composer).
  • Apparently learning from Catherine's development using the Gamebryo engine, Hashino stated that the Persona Team had completed their own engine and that it would ease the implementation of their ideas into the game.
  • In May of 2012 in a Famitsu interview, Meguro stated that "if" there was a Persona 5 and "if" it was radically different from Persona 3 and Persona 4, the music would change as well.
  • In August of 2012, Hashino told Famitsu that the staff was now focused on the "next numbered entry" in the Persona series and that Soejima had submitted sketches. Yay.
  • During the Game no Dengeki Kanshasai 2013 event on March 17, Hashino stated that the Persona Team is "working hard" on the development of the next Persona title.

MarkusRJR

Working hard = 2013? 2014? 2015?

Hopefully it comes to the PS3 cause I won't be getting a PS4 for a long while. If it came to Vita that'd be cool too. Then I could continue to own every Persona game on my Vita.

Portable or Ps4... just put it on something with a suspend function. Does the Wii U have a suspend game mode?

Playing Golden and I could not see myself playing this game on ps2 with long 2 hour play sessions between save points.

Also I 5 continues the colourful art style of 4 and doesn't return to the Goth art of 3. After playing 4 a bunch I looked at 3 and that art is such a turn off.

vivftp

I'm VERY new to the Persona world. Persona 4 Golden was my first JRPG, but I fell in love. Because of it I bought Persona 4 Arena simply for the story modes (I hate fighting games!) and I wanted to play Persona 3, but time did not permit it, so I just watched it on Youtube. It was so damned good I might still pick it up just to play it!

Absolutely love this franchise! Persona 5, whenever it comes out will comsume my life until it's done. I've got a couple of weeks off near the end of this year... one in October, one in November. I REALLY hope we can see Persona 5 around this time. PS3/4 + Vita versions please!

Working hard = 2013? 2014? 2015?

Hopefully it comes to the PS3 cause I won't be getting a PS4 for a long while. If it came to Vita that'd be cool too. Then I could continue to own every Persona game on my Vita.

It's either going to be for the 3DS or PS3 / Vita by this point.

Trigger

I want this game sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad.

I know I am being hypocritical for my rant about "real talk" a few hours ago, by people who know me here, but real talk.

I want the whole shebang, P1/2/3/4 connection which
P4A already did partly and hinted at the rest
or for the game to be completely and utterly new, no rehashes. No connections at all to past games, not even references, I want the game to be completely different, not another P3 rehash.

randomkid

Persona 5
iGwsrgDglZWu5.png

This is a nice summary that should probably be in the OP, would help answer a lot of people's questions and ground some of the more off-base speculation from those who missed this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom