• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chicago-GAF OT of Not the Second City, the BEST damn city.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
ChicagoAtNight1.jpg

Chicago+Skyline.jpg

cloud-gate-grant-pk-chicago.jpg

chicago_theatre.jpg

ChicagoHotdog.jpg

chicago-deep-dish-pizza.jpg

The Windy City is the best city in the US.

And if you don't like it, we will introduce you to The Chicago Way.

moop1167

Great place to live. Bought a condo here at 24, but I may decide to head back to the east coast at some point.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Oh, anyone up for another trip to Galloping Ghost?

Deefuzz

My wife is from Chicago, so we are up there visiting the inlaws often (at least once a month).

It's like my home away from home. I hope someday to actually make it my home.

I love that city.

It's the perfect city. I miss it like mad right now.

It's 80• right now here at the beach and I'd still give it up for a decent slice of Aurelio's pizza!

Well almost. ;)

My brother lives there now - went and helped move him in a few years back and really enjoyed the city. I've lived in NYC, but not Chicago, but if I had to choose I'd pick Chicago. Seems like a much more relaxed population; less pomposity, but I could be way off and thats just from two days visiting/observing.

Good call on the thread. I was thinking there should def be one around the time of the meetup you started.

Anywho, it's supposed to be like 50 degrees today. fuck yeah

joelseph

Chicago, second to none.

Humboldt Park
humboldt_park1.jpg

Gramaphone Records
gramaphone1.jpg

North and Damen
damen_north_milwaukee.jpg

Smart Bar
2.jpg

Wicker Park
wickerpark10.jpg

Pitchfork
timharrington_haircut_05.jpg

Best Beer League Kickball in the World
Iijyu.jpg
[/img]

Zyzyxxz

As a LA-GAF I do love Chicago, if I could try living there I would.

I say we forge an Alliance against NYC-GAF

ChiTownBuffalo

carlsongraciesr3a.jpg

This man adopted Chicago as his home and rests here.

ChiTownBuffalo

what does the UFC and dirty hipsters have to do with the city?

Pitchfork Festival is held in CHicago every summer. And arguably, Carlson is the grandfather of modern MMA.

I've visited Chicago once about 10 years ago when I was playing in orchestra. It was fucking amazing. I really want to go back.

Noshino

Beautiful architecture, awesome publich transportation, great food and people.

Hell, if you don't like the city there are a lot of great places right outside.

I might bitch about the weather now and then, but I love this city.

How about something closer to downtown next time there's a meetup? Think of car-less-GAF.

Yeah....

Not just that, but the weather didn't help last time either. I was going to go, but decided to check the weather pretty quick, and....turned around and went back to bed lol.

ChiTownBuffalo

ChiTownBuffalo

Yeah....

Not just that, but the weather didn't help last time either. I was going to go, but decided to check the weather pretty quick, and....turned around and went back to bed lol.

We car pooled to Galloping Ghost. I'm happy to give rides again.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Toronto-GAF with a confession.

I was there last month and I was forced by my cousin (lives there) to have a Giordano's Deep Dish....

Its the best pizza in the fucking world.

awesome, I'm actually flying into ORD from San Francisco tonight.
Besides Gramaphone Records and Reckless Records, any other recommendations for record stores?
Looking for some good steakhouses and some gastropubs/dive bars with good craft beers. Already tried a variety of deep dish pizza, hot dogs, and bbqs. Going to try and make my way to Kuma's Korner again since last time it was a 2-3 hour wait during the DAY.

I'll be staying in the downtown area, right across from Millennium Park.

I'm not even from the states, and I can recognize that Chicago is the best city in America. Been there only once, for 5 days, but god did I enjoy it. I'd move there any day if I had a good reason to (job, girlfriend, whatever).

Seriously, Chicago, you fucking rock.

-A Quebecer

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I love Chi town. My gf, and myself, went to Chicago over the summer for a few days. Fell in love with the city, and the people. Not to mention the food. The architecture, and designs of the skyscrapers, and buildings were amazing. I want to go back this upcoming summer.

ChiTownBuffalo

We have more gang members than any other US City, according to the Chicago Crime Commission.

Top Bottom