• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Northeast Championship (NEC) XII | Fighting game tournament | December 3-4

Just tuned in, hope to see a lot of hype stuff. :)

Stream quality is surprisingly dodgy though for a Spooky powered stream. And what happened to Jaha? He sounds particularly... low key. Got unswagged?

Dahbomb

This sounds like 10Stars on the commentary.

He thinks Spider Man is top 8 in this game... WTF! That's a bold statement... I can't even make that claim for Vergil! (but I can argue for him in top 10)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
"Fighting Doom with arrows is like throwing pebbles at hurricanes"

this game is gdlk

EDIT: Damien on stream? BREAK WARRIORS !

h3ro

Thanks... that stream's also pretty laggy for me right now, but I'll keep it open. 8wr is smooth though.

Yeah, it was lagging badly for me as well and I'm running Fios. Amazing that he could do what he was doing with just an Iphone.

Watching Art walk around interviewing people was dope though, you got a sense of how much people respect him and how much weight he carries in the community. Loved the random Damdai blowup.

Props, Art.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
dat nova win quote

"They call Star-Lord a master problem solver. I sure solved the problem of you, didn't I?"

AAK

Damn, the Tekken stream was running perfectly before they nerfed it, now it's offline during a match that had an Anna player Mr. Taxi. The dude was doing some interesting tactics playing his Anna like Ryan Hart's Kazuya, damn I wanted to see more.

Kimosabae

Banned
People can't seem to block his tri-jump overheads even though he has no fast lows. People think he is Magneto.

People just aren't used to him yet. He sort of defies convention in that he's a tri-dash character that really doesn't have a solid high/low mixup, so everytime you seem him in the air, your first instinct is to guess, despite the fact that you're better off just blocking high at all times and trying to react to cr. M.

One of the reasons why I think he'll be weak in coming months. Frustrating to play now, because of reasons previously mentioned and his stupid air grab range though.

Dahbomb

People just aren't used to him yet. He sort of defies convention in that he's a tri-dash character that really doesn't have a solid high/low mixup, so everytime you seem him in the air, your first instinct is to guess, despite the fact that you're better off just blocking high at all times and trying to react to cr. M.

One of the reasons why I think he'll be weak in coming months. Frustrating to play now, because of reasons previously mentioned and his stupid air grab range though.
QFT. MODOK is similar in that regard, once you learn to block him high he isn't that scary.

Nova is still immensely strong.

Really? There were a ton of dropped combos there..

Oh yeah, wasn't surprised by the execution, more surprised by how well she fared against characters like Hawkeye or Nova. Thought she wouldn't stand a chance. Though it's possibly because there was a big difference in skill level between the players, no idea who were playing there.

Frantic

MODOK is similar in that regard, once you learn to block him high he isn't that scary.
A fifteen frame low is like instantaneous when there's drones, analyze cubes, balloon bombs and a dozen instant overheads being performed on you at once in the corner. You can't see that shit at all, man. :([/freetoMODOK]

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I missed early Rog matches, so I'm pumped for this.

@h3ro, if it ever freezes, pause and then play the stream again to get it back. Also LOL @ Adnan joke.

Dahbomb

I missed early Rog matches, so I'm pumped for this.

@h3ro, if it ever freezes, pause and then play the stream again to get it back. Also LOL @ Adnan joke.
Rog was raping before.

Rog was sweating that match, he got lucky but because he had no good assist it was a much harder match for his Spencer.

Top Bottom