• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eminem draws the red line in Hip-Hop Awards cypher

TraBuch

Banned
All those alt-right "free speech!" Eminem fans are already turning on him.

Apparently shitting on Trump for four minutes is too much for them.

Oni Jazar

Good on him.

Black guy comes home from Iraq and still gets told to go back to Africa shit

Now if you're a black athlete
you're a spoiled little brat for using your platform or stature
to try to give those a voice who don't have one.
He's saying you're spitting in the face of vets who fought for us, you bastards.
Unless you're a POW who's tortured and battered
cause to him you're zeroes cause he don't like his war heroes captured.
(That's not disrespecting the millitary)

Any fan of mine who's a supporter of [Trump],
I'm drawing in the sand a line—
you're either for or against.
And if you can't decide who you like more and you're split on who you should stand beside,
I'll do it for you with this: fuck you."

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Wednesday's Forecast calls for lots of salt and possibly the burning of Eminem memorabilia

Haha, I thought it was good all around

Allforce

I mean what's the context here? I'm piecing together that he did part of this verse at the BET Awards live and people went ape-shit enough for him to film this video? I didn't hear anything about this.

TraBuch

Banned
I mean what's the context here? I'm piecing together that he did part of this verse at the BET Awards live and people went ape-shit enough for him to film this video? I didn't hear anything about this.
It's a cypher. During the awards, they show various pre-recorded cyphers, this was his. Instead of just being a technical show piece like he usually does, he chose to shit on Trump.

Dre3001

Em openly hated Bush as well way back when. None of this should be surprising to his fans if they actually were listening to what he was saying since then.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
BET hasn't been black people television for eons. With that being said, glad to see Marshal stick to his guns in terms of leftist policies.

I remember the controversy with dead presidents and "mosh" after the start of the iraq war. Guy has always been a frequent critic and big props for that

ShadyK54

I hope there isn't a ton of politics on the album :|

I'm banking on him writing most of it before trump became prez.

Probably, although he did record and put out 'Campaign Speech.'

That said, that was good. Flow was weird, but that wasn't the point here.

Hope the album does come this year.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Em openly hated Bush as well way back when. None of this should be surprising to his fans if they actually were listening to what he was saying since then.
The difference is that we have Twitter and a piece of shit that responds more to NFL players than Puerto Rico.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Eminem has alt-cuck fans? Whaaat? Lol. Confused little manchildren.

Richard Spencer is a big Depeche Mode fan, and said in an interview that DM's music was rife with uplifting white supremacist themes and the band itself were sympathetic to the Nazi cause.

DM wrote a scathing letter basically telling Richard Spencer to go fuck himself.

The best part is, DM was in the process of writing an album denouncing Trump and the rise of nationalism when Spencer made his statement.

Why? The world needs people speaking up.

I feel like it won't be insightful or interesting. It will just be the same old shit slinging we get from literally every other form of media that we are hit with literally every day the last year.

Not that it's not justified but I prefer my commentary to be a tad more insightful and I just know it won't be. Maybe a track but if it pervades the album it's kind of a shame.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I saw that while I'm at the CSL, didn't know it was Eminem til somebody realized it was him

Eminem has alt-cuck fans? Whaaat? Lol. Confused little manchildren.

It's because he's white and friends with Kid Rock.

No, I wish I was kidding.

Source: I grew up in suburban/exurban Detroit. Generally the white kids there love them both (maybe Kid Rock more because he's "a redneck like them")

Strax

All those alt-right "free speech!" Eminem fans are already turning on him.

Apparently shitting on Trump for four minutes is too much for them.

I'm not sure there is a mainstream rapper that has talked more trash about the right-wing and Republicans this century than Em.

Top Bottom