• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Week 8 |OT| Top 25 Coug'd it. Or is it Clemsoning?

Quake1028

I missed the comma in "like, we are a sham 5-0" lol thought you were saying y'all weren't.

I'm well aware. However, I'm not going to apologize for winning the games. FSU is a rivalry so records go out the window, and GT is annoying as fuck to play. I said 10-2 before the season started, I will stick with 9-2 now heading into the ACCCG, which I think we will make.

Also, I don't think we are a bad team by any stretch. We've been through some shit. The hurricane and all the chaos that caused, losing Walton for the year, Richards has played 2 games all year, starters injured in other places. Am I thrilled we are 5-0, hell yeah I am.

I'm well aware. However, I'm not going to apologize for winning the games. FSU is a rivalry so records go out the window, and GT is annoying as fuck to play. I said 10-2 before the season started, I will stick with 9-2 now heading into the ACCCG, which I think we will make.

Also, I don't think we are a bad team by any stretch. We've been through some shit. The hurricane and all the chaos that caused, losing Walton for the year, Richards has played 2 games all year, starters injured in other places. Am I thrilled we are 5-0, hell yeah I am.

No one's asking you to apologize. I'm glad Miami hasn't lost yet. I kinda want a reason to give y'all props, and I would if I thought y'all were really damn good as y'all are now. As it is I think y'all are just kinda decent, and I see a few losses coming y'all way. And not just the easily explainable ones like Notre Dame and Va. Tech.

But I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.

Buck and Az.

Boffum trippin. Hard. Saban won't pull our starters until we're up 28, unless it's somehow the 4Q and we're only up like 20. Our second string offense still moves the ball down the field and our second string defense still keeps folks out the end zone. And Tennessee's run defense is 122nd nationally.

Easy cover.

Slo

Buck and Az.

Hey Andy, first time, long time....

Hypothetically situation: Mike Leach, Bobby Petrino, and Jerry Sandusky are all sitting in your living room trying to recruit your son. Who do you let him leave with?

I'll hang up and listen.

Anyone playing tonight?

I picked us to not cover. I think UT plays motivated, and Bama looks forward to the bye week. Hope I’m wrong.

I'd be more inclined to think the team slacks off if the A&M game hadn't happened. And as it is, I don't think we've ever had a team this relatively rested heading into a bye. Bright side to pulling starters as early as we've been doing it.

andycapps

Hey Andy, first time, long time....

Hypothetically situation: Mike Leach, Bobby Petrino, and Jerry Sandusky are all sitting in your living room trying to recruit your son. Who do you let him leave with?

I'll hang up and listen.
I think I'm gonna go with Leach. Kid getting locked in a storage shed is probably better than the alternatives.

Boffum trippin. Hard. Saban won't pull our starters until we're up 28, unless it's somehow the 4Q and we're only up like 20. Our second string offense still moves the ball down the field and our second string defense still keeps folks out the end zone. And Tennessee's run defense is 122nd nationally.

Easy cover.

Don’t mind us, we’re 3rd and 4th and rankings. But when that shit happens you will bow down!

FyreWulff

i live in nebraska and have eaten at runza all of once or twice, and if i go back it'll be for the burgers, not the runza (sandwich)

Could eat that or Jeni's every single day

Dat black raspberry chip,although youre really missing out on next level stuff with the sundaes in their shop or their made fresh waffle cones.

Yeah, I usually dislike fruit related ice cream. Not that black raspberry. So good and that's one of the types they have down in TX.

Edit: WOW the turnaround on that interception overturn and penalty. lol coogs

andycapps

Kirby eating popcorn and reacting to Justin Fields running for a first down is everything. Fields later broke his index finger on throwing hand so his highschool career is likely over.

halvPCY.gif

Yeah Dallas, so no HEB. Closest one I think is in Corsicana. There is Central Market, but I stepped in there once and felt extremely inadequate and out of place. So I promptly left.

Is it on Publix Premium level?

Can't say I've tried publix ice cream, but I'm sure they're similar. My favorite HEB ice cream is "White Chocolate raspberry truffle"

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Too much time on the clock, plus three time outs.

And I don't know why teams keep kicking short at the end of games like this.

Fumble? I thought he was down.

Yep, out for sure.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
They tried their best. But at the same time, I'm not sure if Memphis should have tried a pass at all.

I'd say at least go with something other than run it up the middle when you are back 17 yards even if it isn't a pass.

Not that it mattered. Lol Houston. I guess coug'd it applies here.

Quake1028

No one's asking you to apologize. I'm glad Miami hasn't lost yet. I kinda want a reason to give y'all props, and I would if I thought y'all were really damn good as y'all are now. As it is I think y'all are just kinda decent, and I see a few losses coming y'all way. And not just the easily explainable ones like Notre Dame and Va. Tech.

But I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.

I think you might be. Our best wide receiver has 7 catches and has played in 2 games so far. Starters across the defense and the offense should be getting healthy soon and coming back. Travis Homer seems like he can replace most of what Mark Walton was doing. The schedule is manageable, and we get VT and ND at home. Actually 4 of our last 6 are at home.

Plus, I guess I just bristle at the "lucky" talk. We beat FSU by going on a winning TD drive with 1:05 to play. Lots of teams do that. It's not really lucky.

As for GT, besides the fact that we gifted them a TD, we out gained them by 200 yards of total offense. 8 more first downs. Held them to 226 yards rushing, they were averaging 396 rushing yards a game coming in. The catch was 100% lucky/good bounce/good fortune, but we should never have been in that spot in the first place. We dominated that game statistically.

ag-my001

SEC QB's on passing 15 yards downfield.

TDxCZ4z.jpg
Mond is right about where I thought he'd be. Those deep passes never seem to connect, but maybe the sheer quantity is enough to keep the safeties back to help the run game.

:jnc at Franks being so low % for so few attempts.

Lunar15

I know this is ultimately a gaming board, but the overlap between CFB GAF and Fire Emblem GAF is hilariously large.

What do you do next year with Fromm, Fields and Eason?

8d23a4d2f746f5a1edcb7e1b6f1aa8225bb9965c5881487ae2d1831abdc4a173.jpg

Promise Eason starts but never give it to him. Make him buy the courier and wards.

Fromm carries solo bot lane.

Fields jungles with 4th quarter reps against noob feeders Kentucky and Missouri.

GG EZ cyka

andycapps

What do you do next year with Fromm, Fields and Eason?

8d23a4d2f746f5a1edcb7e1b6f1aa8225bb9965c5881487ae2d1831abdc4a173.jpg
Eason is probably gone. This is Fromm's team. I think they use Fields situationally as a running threat who can also pass really well, but just easy reads for a while. But as the season goes on it wouldn't shock me if he got more and more playing time. He's a great passer.

Top Bottom