• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

XBY going up, was there any new news?

XBY is going to launch off very soon. It’s main problem was people didn’t understand it. Lots of PR is about to release to change that. After BTC fork is done it’s going to go crazy but seems some people don’t want to risk waiting that long so are stocking up now.

Oh and they launched a Hacking challenge to test their new security algorithm with a pretty hefty reward if anyone breaks it. They are very confident in the tech and I don’t blame them.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
The xby team has done a really good job getting everything together in recent times. Check the forums @ bitcoin talk

More exposure and continued pace of refinement and message will go a long way for this project.

changing the purpose of your coin every few months, sure doesnt help :D

The purpose hasn’t really changed I don’t think. Things went dark for a few months while the tech was being worked on and price crashed as a result because they failed to keep anyone informed of progress. Now the tech is at a point where they can begin to show it off and market it things will pick up very quickly I think.

The main thing is that I don’t think people understood the tech and what it will do to crypto. They defs need to work on their messaging and providing clear communication but this is something that is being dealt with as we speak so expect to hear a lot more about it very soon.

Brohan

Opening ARK wallet after a few days and seeing a +3 ARK transfer feels good. I can see 4 € per coin after fork and china shenanigans

I get close to 1 ARK every 9 days which is nice but i really should try and add to my stack.

Not sure if i should wait till i have more fiat to spend on crypto or if i should just sell my IOTA at a loss for now because that really hasnt been going anywhere but down lately.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I get close to 1 ARK every 9 days which is nice but i really should try and add to my stack.

Not sure if i should wait till i have more fiat to spend on crypto or if i should just sell my IOTA at a loss for now because that really hasnt been going anywhere but down lately.

I consider that all the time - keep in a coin or sell and consolidate my position in another. It's really hard for me to sell a coin below what I paid, and it's especially hard for me to leave a coin completely after investing in it. There are many stories of coins that languish at a low price, only to eventually go up. I have to think long term. I'm gonna give six months to a coin before considering moving on.

Brohan

I consider that all the time - keep in a coin or sell and consolidate my position in another. It's really hard for me to sell a coin below what I paid, and it's especially hard for me to leave a coin completely after investing in it. There are many stories of coins that languish at a low price, only to eventually go up. I have to think long term. I'm gonna give six months to a coin before considering moving on.

Yeah it can really be a tough choice and to be honest the only reason i'm still holding is because i would fucking hate myself if it suddenly got back to what i bought it for or even worse reaches a new ATH right after i sell.

I also feel like I am being very impatient but that might also be due to how fast this market moves.

A few weeks of little to no positive action feels like an eternity in this market.

Donos

ATS - RISE from the graaave. Listing it on HitBTC probably helped to resurrect it. Not going to do anything with my stack since i got it for free (have a couple thousands).

gaming_noob

XTRABYTES will release press release to The Merkle, Bitcoinist, etc tomorrow morning. Their "marketing blitz" starts tomorrow after the articles are up.

Heads up to all my Neogaf bros.

Vire

Got a Coinbase account. Did some research, however just wanted to pick the brain of the folks here.

If you had 1000 in funny money, how would you split it?

Got a Coinbase account. Did some research, however just wanted to pick the brain of the folks here.

As long as you hold long term and don't try to be a hero and time market pumps/jumps, there are a few recommendations in this thread that are mainly long term holds.

I have everything in ARK because

1) It's one of the more stable alt coins, and has a a long roadmap
2) It's too much effort to move coins/money around to play the market

A few people in a group that Im in are trying to convince people to invest in Electroneum. Came here for a less biased opinion, is it hype or is there a genuine possibility of this being worth anything down the line?

Cipherr

A few people in a group that Im in are trying to convince people to invest in Electroneum. Came here for a less biased opinion, is it hype or is there a genuine possibility of this being worth anything down the line?

I would stay away from that one. Has bad signs on it, and its the big "Tell everyone how awesome this is" ICO of the moment, but upon closer inspection its like... 21 billion supply? Fake 'Simulated' smartphone mining?

Nah.

syllogism

It is being shilled due to referral programs. The ICO has been running for over a month and most contributors likely got 30-50% bonuses. Anyone who wanted in the ICO could have participated already. I don't see any way it will be trading over ICO.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Yeah doing basic searches on that one brought me to "shady practice" ICO links about it. Stay away.

coinmarketcap.com is your friend, too.

Brandson

I've decided I won't be participating in any ICOs, no matter how good the project appears to be until ICOs are regulated somehow. Dodged apparent bullets by skipping on EOS and Tezos after careful consideration both times.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics

Do you guys know if I can download the Ark desktop wallet on a desktop that's not mine, add my Ark to it, vote for a delegate, then delete the desktop wallet while keeping my Ark safe in there and getting deposits from the vote?

if you just want to focus on what Coinbase offers then I'd go mostly LTC. It seems like it has the most potential for massive growth over the long term. BTC does, too, but you're looking at partial BTC vs getting quite a few LTC with 1k. If looking into alts then there are quite a few with Ark being one of the musts.

Brohan

Do you guys know if I can download the Ark desktop wallet on a desktop that's not mine, add my Ark to it, vote for a delegate, then delete the desktop wallet while keeping my Ark safe in there and getting deposits from the vote?

I personally wouldn't like the idea of installing a wallet and typing my passphrase on a computer that isn't mine. Who knows what it is infected with.. But yes it would be possible.

However i would wait for the mobile wallet to be released instead, it's supposedly nearly finished.

Donos

Sure. But yeah, be "sure" that it's a "clean" pc. To be sure you could send the passphrase to a temp trashmail account, copy and paste it and then delete the trashmail account. No chance for a keylogger.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I've decided I won't be participating in any ICOs, no matter how good the project appears to be until ICOs are regulated somehow. Dodged apparent bullets by skipping on EOS and Tezos after careful consideration both times.

Same, at least no more. I bought into two so far, but not for a lot of money. Don't think I'll be doing it much anymore. Seems so sketchy.

Brandson

Did anyone read this? To summarize, the head of the Tezos foundation in Switzerland is allegedly in the process of cashing out all the Tezos ICO money (approx. $400 million worth of Bitcoin and Ether), and the developers aren't presently developing anything.

For more, see: https://qz.com/1106594/tezos-dispute-puts-400-million-raised-in-the-ico-at-risk/

It currently looks like setting up a foundation in Switzerland in an attempt to avoid US securities laws has backfired massively for them.

This is the original investigative report on this story: http://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/bitcoin-funding-tezos/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
I personally wouldn't like the idea of installing a wallet and typing my passphrase on a computer that isn't mine. Who knows what it is infected with.. But yes it would be possible.

However i would wait for the mobile wallet to be released instead, it's supposedly nearly finished.

Yeah I'd much rather have the mobile wallet. Suppose I'll wait.

Sure. But yeah, be "sure" that it's a "clean" pc. To be sure you could send the passphrase to a temp trashmail account, copy and paste it and then delete the trashmail account. No chance for a keylogger.

Roger thanks for that!

Brandson

Another piece to read: http://voxeu.org/article/price-manipulation-bitcoin-ecosystem

A team of economics and cyber securities researchers have studied Bitcoin's initial runup to $1000 on MtGox in 2013 and concluded that the rise was caused directly by only two specific traders conducting fraudulent transactions.

If you're invested in this space, I urge you to always keep that in mind given Bitcoin's rise this year, and the suspicious activity seen on some current exchanges. It would not surprise me at all to see some significant regulatory activity against exchanges in the US in 2018.

Cipherr

Another piece to read: http://voxeu.org/article/price-manipulation-bitcoin-ecosystem

A team of economics and cyber securities researchers have studied Bitcoin's initial runup to $1000 on MtGox in 2013 and concluded that the rise was caused directly by only two specific traders conducting fraudulent transactions.

If you're invested in this space, I urge you to always keep that in mind given Bitcoin's rise this year, and the suspicious activity seen on some current exchanges. It would not surprise me at all to see some significant regulatory activity against exchanges in the US in 2018.

Im not sure what else they could do to US exchanges that would interest anyone at this point to be honest. They are already hip deep in with Bittrex and Coinbase which are the only two U.S. exchanges of note, while all the others are international and out of their reach.

Not to mention 2018 is the last year for centralized exchanges relevancy to be honest. Once 0x, Kyber, and all the other upcoming decentralized exchanges start rolling out later 2018 and token swaps continue to advance, it won't matter what they do; Bittrex and all the rest will be in the wastebin in exchange for decentralized versions instead.

Now how they respond to THAT will be pretty interesting. Short of some sort of internet blockade China style, I dont see how they can do anything about decent exchanges, and that's likely to piss them off if they are trying to control it.

Any of you guys know anything about Centra coin? (CTR) I am looking at top 100 coins and this may be a huge potential investment here. Just going by its historical data on coinmarketcap it is at 60 cents right now and has been as high as $8.40 in August. I know nothing about the coin itself. Seems like it gets heavily pumped and dumped every 2 weeks or so.

The ICO price was $1.50. Being listen on Kraken and Poloniex is supposed to happen 21 days post ICO which ended in early October. So should be coming next week I believe. Not sure if true. Anyone else have more details on the coin? I am seriously considering getting some.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Any of you guys know anything about Centra coin? (CTR) I am looking at top 100 coins and this may be a huge potential investment here. Just going by its historical data on coinmarketcap it is at 60 cents right now and has been as high as $8.40 in August. I know nothing about the coin itself. Seems like it gets heavily pumped and dumped every 2 weeks or so.

The ICO price was $1.50. Being listen on Kraken and Poloniex is supposed to happen 21 days post ICO which ended in early October. So should be coming next week I believe. Not sure if true. Anyone else have more details on the coin? I am seriously considering getting some.

What concerns me is the drop from $8 to less than a dollar, but let's look at where they're at:

Market cap: $43mln (good)
Volume: >$1mln (good)
Max supply: 98 mln (good)

Website also has details on their specific target agenda (rival to TenX it seems) and the team is readily accessible on the front page with quite a few developers.

Checks out as a good one to invest some in, imo.

What concerns me is the drop from $8 to less than a dollar, but let's look at where they're at:

Website also has details on their specific target agenda (rival to TenX it seems) and the team is readily accessible on the front page with quite a few developers.

Yeah doing some more research now. The team members look a bit sketchy though. Look, if it is a scam pump and dump coin then okay whatever but even those coins have potential to get in and out and make a few bucks if you are smart and not risking the bank.

This is the co-founders facebook for example based on the name and picture on their website.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011293242922

Posting about his Ferrari and Lambo and rolls of cash lol Sorry but does not look at all trustworthy. My spidey senses tingle with this dude.

More info on their CCO Allan Shutt. Jesus Christ. lol I found another troubling/disgusting article on google connected to the name Allan Shutt that I do not want to post here in case it isn't this dude but I think it is. Anyways do your research when investing, folks!

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports...-officer-las-vegas-nevada-area-financ-1191751

Edit: Holy shit I just looked into TenX that you mentioned. Look at the prices it launched at. Holy fuck. Up to $87 a week after launch and tanked to $1 the next day. I would hate to be the guy who bought at the top there. I would die. It is $2 right now.

Two posts in a row but DASH just got listed to Binance and someone spent $27,783 (Two orders so actually $55,566) for a total of 0.006 DASH lol.

KGiZ1Pp.png

soymilk

Neo Member

Could you explain to a noob your analysis?
Not sure why those figures considered good?

Btw anyone into Metaverse? sounds like an interesting coin from china. Supposed to be the next Neo.

DonMigs85

Could you explain to a noob your analysis?
Not sure why those figures considered good?

Btw anyone into Metaverse? sounds like an interesting coin from china. Supposed to be the next Neo.

Metaverse ETP is it right? Shame, it's not on any exchange I'm on and I missed the huge pump.

Donos

in talks with Bittrex doesn't mean much. Look into all the subreddits of the more talked coins and there is "in talks with Bittrex" or Poloniex etc. everywhere but nothing happens. Bittrex is really slow on adding anything at all in the last months.

Tk0n

For you guys searching for a good low cap ICO investment, take a look at https://guts.tickets/
Its a event ticket platform that uses erc-20 based smart tickets. They are going to have a public pre-sale, that will take place next week Wednesday (25 Oktober) and the crowdsale that will take place on the 15th of November. What makes it special and differentiates it from Aventus and the likes is, that they already have a running plattform, have already run events over it and have some promising partnerships in the nederlands. I found out about them, because they had an AMA in the ARK slack.

If you want to know more, here is a really good article describing what GUTS and token GET does:
GUTS — Revolutionizing The Ticketing Industry
read it, medium says it only takes you 9 minutes :p

oh and here is the log of the AMA, but i think most points are examined in the article above
GUTS AMA on ARK SLACK

Drifters

DNT going up woohoo. ARK closing in on $3 and BAT up. Second week in a row Friday has been strangely strong.

So I literally just checked on what DNT was an I'm like... "Duh!!!! this is the future!" So now I'm going start investments in DNT and ANT since both look to be on-track for their roadmaps so far. ARK is looking good as well! Happy Friday!

Top Bottom