• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

delSai

logo7lrut.png

Power up and build the ultimate version of your favorite DC legends in INJUSTICE 2. With a massive selection of DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains, INJUSTICE 2 allows you to equip every iconic character with unique and powerful gear earned throughout the game. Experience an unprecedented level of control over how your favorite characters look, how they fight, and how they develop across a huge variety of game modes. This is your super Hero. Your Journey. Your Injustice.
Thanks Amazon

Developed by NetherRealm Studios and published by WB Games, Injustice 2 is releasing on May 16th 2017 on Playstation 4 and Xbox One.
More on Injustice.com | Abilities and Gear Sets

Complete Roster:

aquamanrfu5z.jpg
atroci0mkqf.png
banel2ubb.jpg
batsh6k49.png
metro2kjpug.jpg
adamhvjrw.jpg
beetlebikpl.png
braindone9brp6.jpg
colducuy1.jpg
gothamnrkex.jpg
cheetahz0u51.jpg
cyborg6pujh.jpg
deadshot5gr18.jpg
fatelnsqu.jpg
fire09ugp.jpg
metro25jsq2.jpg
grodd54sc4.jpg
metro2b2u6v.jpg
greenefugv.jpg
harleyq45ufi.jpg
jockerijuln.jpg
ivypckwc.jpg
robqwo13.jpg
scareztux6.jpg
metro1poobc.jpg
96bee9abadd0f3a48a394b7cac12113b.png
swampywru6u.jpg
swampywru6u.jpg
wonderwgbu0j.jpg

dsxdspo.jpg

dlc1h9uie.jpg

Aside from Darkseid, who is a preorder DLC Character, Injustice 2 will get 9 DLC Fighters.

Stages:
arkham65s48.jpg
atlantisnmsoi.jpg
caveufutf.jpg
fos47ogn.jpg
gothamqpqlu.jpg
gorillcityy3jcn.jpg
jokerpy3uus.jpg
kahndaqstagevajjl.jpg
metrourqw0.jpg
prisonzzjck.jpg
brain1oo7n.jpg
swampqvsat.jpg

Media:

Everything You Need to Know

Supergirl Gameplay Walkthrough

CGI Trailer The Lines are Redrawn

All 5 Shattered Alliances Story Trailers

It's Good to be Bad (Grodd, Captain Cold, Scarecrow, Bane) Trailer

Introducing The Joker

Teasers:
DLC Silhouettes (Thanks to Ryce)

delSai

I would like to give a shout-out to IntelliHeath who created the SFV Roster Discussion Thread, and i pretty much just stole the layout for the thread and pictures lol.

Also the are no official renders for characters or stages so getting the pics done was a pain in the ass, i will add and change everything once i get something to work with, sorry!

Zukkoyaki

Bit of a left field character request, but I would love to see Mr. Terrific make the roster. He would make for a good gadget character not unlike Batman.

Red Tornado may be a cliche request but man I would love to play as him.

As far as characters that I'm expecting to be in the game, Katana makes a lot of sense what with her being in Suicide Squad and separating herself from the pack as a melee weapon character.

Isn't Captain Cold pretty much confirmed as well? From his gun being in the logo? That pretty much puts the brakes on Killer Frost or Mr. Freeze getting in.

I'd personally like to see Dr. Fate, Blue Beetle, Poison Ivy, and Braniac as newcomers. Booster Gold as well, a man can dream.

BlizzKrut

Banned
The Flash, Captain Cold and Doctor Fate are also pretty much confirmed.

Flash because he's the Flash, and he was in the CGI trailer.

Captain Cold's gun appears in the intro of every trailer and in an official I2 shirt, along with Dr. Fate's helmet.

5760e7ddc67a9_180759b.jpg

Drayco21

I hope we see Captain Cold, Jonah Hex, Swamp Thing and Professor Zoom.

Only really expecting Cold and maybe Zoom, though.

I thought Static was deconfirmed by Phil Lamarr, but the site that did the interview is a banned site so...I don't know.

I would like Vixen in it for sure.

Ryce

Supergirl, Captain Cold, Gorilla Grodd, Swamp Thing, and Darkseid were my only big newcomer requests, and I'm already three for five, so I'm content. I just want as many veterans to return as possible. In particular, I'm pulling for Batgirl and Martian Manhunter on the initial roster since NRS doesn't reuse DLC. Lobo and Zod were my most used characters in the first game, but unfortunately I don't think they're coming back.

Khezu

I will be so sad if Deadshot replaces Deathstroke.

They seem to play pretty different, but there are enough base and shallow similarities that it could happen.

I wouldn't mind if they did the gear system and turned DS into DS, even if he only gained his sword attacks.
Maybe reuse his generic VO lines from Injustice 1.

I want Deathstroke flippy sword bullshit.

Vic_Viper

Was Deathstroke in the first Injustice? If so I hope he's back. Plus Green arrow, Red Hood, Swamp Thing, and Superboy Prime. Having Superboy with his armor from Infinite Crisis and Sinestro corps war.

Would also enjoy seeing Nightwing and maybe Steppenwolf.

Any ideas yet for what kinda storyline they are going for?

Arttemis

Atrocitus?
Blue Beetle?

Why would DC create characters that, while are clearly interesting enough for people to be excited by their inclusion, are wrapped around cliche and off-putting designs and titles?

Ryce

I will be so sad if Deadshot replaces Deathstroke.

They seem to play pretty different, but there are enough base and shallow similarities that it could happen.

I wouldn't mind if they did the gear system and turned DS into DS, even if he only gained his sword attacks.
Maybe reuse his generic VO lines from Injustice 1.

I want Deathstroke flippy sword bullshit.
I can see why people would think they're similar, but Deathstroke and Deadshot are fundamentally distinct to me. Deathstroke has a sword and Deadshot has wrist-mounted guns. Plus, there's a lot of room to change Deathstroke up in this game, especially if they give him his energy lance.

xL9ozDG.jpg
vasxxWQ.png
uYKJicx.png

Maybe he could switch between his sword and lance as his character power (more akin to an MKX variation than a full stance change), with Deadshot inheriting the perfect aim power.

Drayco21

I can see why people would think they're similar, but Deathstroke and Deadshot are fundamentally distinct to me. Deathstroke has a sword and Deadshot has wrist-mounted guns. Plus, there's a lot of room to change Deathstroke up in this game, especially if they give him his energy lance.

Maybe he could switch between his sword and lance as his character power (more akin to an MKX variation than a full stance change), with Deadshot inheriting the perfect aim power.

This is what I'm hoping for, more or less- de-emphasize the guns in Deathstroke's original moveset to make him more specifically like Slade.

There's no way he gets the axe this game- he's Boon's favorite DC character, and receives way too many pushes in multimedia projects to be sidelined entirely by Deadshot.

NeonZ

Atrocitus?
Blue Beetle?

Why would DC create characters that, while are clearly interesting enough for people to be excited by their inclusion, are wrapped around cliche and off-putting designs and titles?

To be fair, the design part is mostly on the Injustice staff. They really messed up their Blue Beetle model at least. Anyway, "Blue Beetle" as an hero name comes from the 40s, although the version in this game was created last decade. "Atrocitus"... They just were being silly and wanted to follow a similar naming convention to Sinestro's, another Green Lantern villain, even though Atrocitus is a modern character rather than a legacy from the 60s.

So Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Joker, Lex, Cyborg, and Nightwing have good chances to come back.
I'm guessing some newcomers might be Red Hood, Katana, Vixen, Firestorm, Starfire, Fate, Cold, Darkseid, Static, and Swamp Thing. Well at least I hope.

shaowebb

Really pleased that waking up before nightshift I see both a Harley with a changed character power and Deadshot got revealed. Roster is shaping up.

I PRAY FOR THE RAY THOUGH.

J-Tier

My previous wants:

Constantine could be a zoning, summon, trap based character. His normals should be street thug level, with wide swings, headbutts, and ground stomps. Should just be a terrible hand to hand fighter in general, and use a bunch of dirty tricks and sleights. His magic should be a bunch of improv stuff, like tossing a whiskey bottle, then using fire magic with his lighter to set his opponent ablaze.

Injustice 1 wishlist:

Swamp Thing
Braniac
Supergirl - Get!
Darkseid
John Constantine
Black Manta
Mera
Gorilla Grodd - Get!
Booster Gold
Red Hood
Scarecrow
Vandal Savage
Cheetah

Brain w/ Monsieur Mallah assist - Slim Chance now with Grodd in the roster. Two gorillas is just overkill.

Edit:

Can't forget Black Canary, Animal Man and Blue Beetle - Get! There are just too many good choices.

So Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Joker, Lex, Cyborg, and Nightwing have good chances to come back.
I'm guessing some newcomers might be Red Hood, Katana, Vixen, Firestorm, Starfire, Fate, Cold, Darkseid, Static, and Swamp Thing. Well at least I hope.

All I want is green arrow. Please please! He was so fun to play in the first game.

I want to see Lobo come back. Especially with a new trait.. They could make reloading a special move.

I'd really love to see Swamp Thing, Constantine, and Red Tornado.

On guest characters though... Because we all know it's going to happen:

- Spawn
- Hellboy
- Raphael (TMNT)
- Space Ghost.. Heh

I'd personally like to see Dr. Fate, Blue Beetle, Poison Ivy, and Braniac as newcomers. Booster Gold as well, a man can dream.

He's already in. Plus Doctor Fate is pretty much a lock. :p I'd like to see Brainiac appear as well.

All I want is Grundy to be in the game again... 😔

Yessss. I absolutely loved Grundy, he was so damn fun.

adj_noun

I'd really dig Croc for my bruiser; he'd have some fun lines to exchange with Swamp Thing.

Plastic Man could play like Blob from Clay Fighter.

Top Bottom