• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Series where the third iteration is generally considered the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally the second game is considered the best or extremely good because the dev fixes all the issues that a rough but potential filled new ip might have had.

The third one is often where the dev can't find something compelling to add to the previous two and as a result it's not as strong.

What are some series which had the third game as the strongest entry?

I can only think of mario 3. FF3 (6) doesn't count!

Xemnas89

There's alot of people that think A Link to the Past is the best Zelda game. Also Super Metroid is considered by many to be the best Metroid.

Tagg9

Spyro: Year of the Dragon?

It took everything that made the previous entries great, added more characters, more variety, and larger levels.

cordy

Banned
dbzbudokai3_ps2box_usa_org_001.jpg

F-Zero if you skip Maximum Velocity.

I agree but technically Street Fighter III is the fourth SF subseries.

But Third Strike is the best version of SFIII and it's the third revision.

Disagree with the MGS3 mentions. It's my favorite, and obviously a lot of people's, but I'd guess if you asked 100 fans the answers would be mostly split between it and 1

It actually works either way because MGS1 is the third Metal Gear game.

Disagree with the MGS3 mentions. It's my favorite, and obviously a lot of people's, but I'd guess if you asked 100 fans the answers would be mostly split between it and 1

Raimond

Witcher 3. /thread

But seriously it's hard to think of anything more definitive. Even I prefer Super Mario World more than SMB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom