• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 in real life...Yes this really happens in the game.

Brinbe

A lot of truth in that vid, but ppl are being too harsh on the other end. Game isn't perfect, but it's pretty damn good off-line and a lot of fun to play, especially if you want a Sim experience.

That's your opinion and not everyones. I rarely play Madden games but every time I decide to purchase one it's a big upgrade. I see the same crap in 2K every damn year. Hell I bought 2K14 twice one on Xbox 360 and the other on PS4. I was hoping a lot of the problems were gone from the 360 version but they showed their ugly head in the next gen version a long with tons of other problems. So really shouldn't it be ppl love making up shit about Madden because the things that are said about 2K are mostly true.
I have bought 2K on 360, PS4 and X1 Im done giving it chances.

rvy

Banned
A lot of truth in that vid, but ppl are being too harsh on the other end. Game isn't perfect, but it's pretty damn good off-line and a lot of fun to play, especially if you want a Sim experience.

It would be, if 2k didn't patch the game to only work with online. As it stands, if their servers go down, no game for you.

It'll be interesting to see how the 2K15 release is handled. Are people with 2k14 just stuck without being able to play the game because 2k will shut the servers down?

Brinbe

It would be, if 2k didn't patch the game to only work with online. As it stands, if their servers go down, no game for you.

It'll be interesting to see how the 2K15 release is handled. Are people with 2k14 just stuck without being able to play the game because 2k will shut the servers down?
Yeah, I meant single player. There's the occasional server problems and I hate that you're so restricted by the autosave bs in mygm/mycareer but the core game is fun, that's what I took issue with.

Seems like the game is pretty realistic to me. At least as realistic as the real NBA.

icm2Tfh7jepQN.gif

I've got more if anyone wants them posted...lol

What's going on in this one?

BadAss2961

Funny vid, but it's a video game. It will always have flaws compared to real life.

Next to MLB The Show, 2K is still as authentic as it gets

mr stroke

lol at the jersey part.

I still can't believe the game got the reviews it did. The menus and online system is so busted its unplayable. I can't imagine how that piece of shit made it through testing.

Teletraan1

Banned
This game was the single most regrettable game purchase I have ever made in my history with video games. It just surpassed NHL2k5 on PS2 which I snapped in half. I wish I had a disc to snap with this game but I was a complete idiot and bought it digitally. These 2K games have gone to complete shit since I loved them on the Dreamcast.

That's because yo play it wrong. Cheeser.

Honestly, playing 2K online is a pain in the ass. I don't want to play with some fucking kids that continuously exploit the game.

This is no excuse. In real life you have have to protect the basketball. If you dribble like the CPU does in 2k it will be stolen into infinity. In 2k you protect nothing and yet the defender gets hit with a foul for swiping at a perfectly wide open ball at standstill.

Ball protection must be made less asinine.

Shout out to the travesty that is MyTeam, where you are absolutely not allowed to make a new team and must play long games with a non-adjustable difficulty level so they can minimize VC inflow and maximize micro-transactions.

Seriously, I was trying the mode out and was entering whatever into the name and whatnot category, and now I am stuck because I didn't know it was permanent. Not to mention I would not have spent all of my initial VC on the most expensive, useless pack I could afford to see what buying a pack was like.
1.You can buy packs and change your starting 5.
2.You don't earn VC in Myteam,you earn MT(MyTeam) points.
3.You change your team name in Manage Team menu
4.Try buying the Historic Packs

If you need any help PM me.

So I am trying to log in to the My2K app to get some of that free VC. When trying to reset my password, the link the send you in the email to reset it just leads you to a page to log in.. which requires a password and prompts you to get another email to recover your password.

2K is a complete joke.

Try going here. nba2k.com/

BlindRage

If you need any help PM me.

I wanna get into myteam mode but I haven't given it a true shot yet.. I have a ruby iggy and a gold Zach Randolph as my best players and I haven't played a game yet.

What's so good about historic packs?

Edit: Also, should I buy the team packs that are left in the playoffs since they are on sale? I'm hoping to get a diamond lebron / 1,000 gs in this eventually

Jesb

As much as the game needs to improve, I've lost a lot of time in the my career mode. I haven't even touched anything else. There's a lot of stuff that does drive me crazy though. The A.I can be really stupid, I'm always called out for a bad pass when it wasn't, it's really hard to get assists in this game, sometimes you'll find a guy open for a shot and he just passes it back. There are a lot of issues, but it's the best game still.

Game is nice imo but gets hate from scrubs that lose. So many people crying laughing at video.....right. Nothing is perfect and 2k is a stat based game. You can tell who really watches NBA and who just watches highlights and says it should be like that all the time.

Compared to Madden its not even the same galaxy. 2k5 Nfl still is a better sim. People wanting Nba streets is not surprising here honestly. Non sports game guys need something arcade like to play.

This on 12 min qtrs legend difficulty is awesome. Plays true to life most of the time. Somebody was scrub and made a video whats new.
2K14 on PS3/360 is freshly coated trash. Have you ever played online? I've played a guy that scored with only two players and still won. The game is not statistics based. You can chuck threes all day and slash into a forced animation with the and 1. If you played 12 minuted quarters, the score would be 200-189.

Don't get me started on PS4 2K14. That game is actually incomplete trash. With the F2P VC model on top of it. Fuck 2K. And their servers.

I'd also like to add that I've probably watched more games this year than you have in three. Just don't.

Apath

My complaint was just that I blew what I initially had for the sake of just trying things out, and as a result I was penalized for exploring due to never being made aware of only being allowed one MyTeam per account.
My mistake. I forgot the name of the points and fell back to just calling it the currency I knew off hand.
Awesome -- thank you for this!
I only started watching basketball four years ago, so I prefer to get packs with players I actually know. I've gotten some great cards with Emerald Packs (like Paul George).

I appreciate the response--the game is solid, it's just everything else that bugs me.

Do you happen to know if you can view a player's overall stats without entering a game? It makes it very hard to create an optimal lineup without knowing that.

I was eventually able to figure out the old password, but that was the site I was going to. Clicking "Forgot Password" prompts you to enter your email address, to which it provides you with a link that leads to another login page. Either my iPhone and computer were both interpreting the link wrong, or there is an issue with their password reset page.
I have a ruby iggy and a gold Zach Randolph as my best players and I haven't played a game yet.
How'd you do that? I was only given bronze players to start.

BlindRage

If you follow @Ronnie2k or @NBA2k they give out codes and I just got lucky that one was a ruby igoudala card and a different code they gave was a free gold pack that ended up being Randolph. I have been holding off diving into my team because I wanna get all the achievements in my career first.

Hoping to start myteam/my gm sometime this week

I wanna get into myteam mode but I haven't given it a true shot yet.. I have a ruby iggy and a gold Zach Randolph as my best players and I haven't played a game yet.

What's so good about historic packs?

Edit: Also, should I buy the team packs that are left in the playoffs since they are on sale? I'm hoping to get a diamond lebron / 1,000 gs in this eventually
You could get a NBA Legend.I open one pack and I got 91-92 Micheal Jordan and the next pack I got 89-90 Magic Johnson.(I was lucky)
Good luck with Diamond Lebron.

King E

Banned
The problem is the game and thats a fact if the game were better you wouldnt have to do it.

Do you know why people jump at every shot? Because of how ridiculous it is that people can make a shot straight in your face. The video demonstrated that too. You just cant keep a hand in a players face anymore. They will splash all day on you because the game sees some shots as open and some shot releases are better than others at cheesing a shot.

I disagree. Most shots will be missed attempts if the defense is in place, and not giving space to the offense. I've played well over 200 games online, ranked (Superstar Difficulty), and unranked (Hall of Fame Difficulty) against random opponents and friends alike.

BluFlN6CQAEdChd.jpg

BluFckbCAAI_aJ7.jpg

BluFgwJCEAAhtwP.jpg

NBA 2K14 is not a 3 point shoot-out unless your defense is that poor. I've played a game in which my opponent played zone through 3 straight quarters. I nailed about 17 three pointers that game out of 20 attempts. It's very possible to get burned if you're lacking defensively. NBA 2K14 doesn't hold your hand at all on that side of the court, and that may need to change based on your criticism to say the least. I would not consider it to be a flaw however.

Yopis

2K14 on PS3/360 is freshly coated trash. Have you ever played online? I've played a guy that scored with only two players and still won. The game is not statistics based. You can chuck threes all day and slash into a forced animation with the and 1. If you played 12 minuted quarters, the score would be 200-189.

Don't get me started on PS4 2K14. That game is actually incomplete trash. With the F2P VC model on top of it. Fuck 2K. And their servers.

I'd also like to add that I've probably watched more games this year than you have in three. Just don't.

Thanks for the laugh before bed pal. Been playing since Dreamcast days and College hoops 2k ps2 (rip) since Jason Williams (duke) was on the cover. How many games you watch is irrelevant to me personally, I watch and attend many games during the season. Can mail you a batch of cookies if you need an ego stroke for finally getting league pass.

My point still stands man. You can't play any defense that's on you, learn to play before you talk. Your talking nonsense and sound like someone that got smoked by the cpu or online. We can play anytime.

BlindRage

You could get a NBA Legend.I open one pack and I got 91-92 Micheal Jordan and the next pack I got 89-90 Magic Johnson.(I was lucky)
Good luck with Diamond Lebron.

Ahh, I was mistaken and thought you only get those cards if you completed their whole historic collection.

And thanks, I know it will take a while but one of the achievements are completing the 13-14 collection and that gives you lebron so hopefully it happens before 2k15

Top Bottom