• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PS3] Disgaea 4 Trailer | 2/24/2011 (JP) Summer 2011 (NA) [Update:Girl Punishing 193]

MadmanUK

Looks nice and crisp, i don't need super detailed backgrounds as long as the art and cut-scenes look good.

Just need to find time to finish Disgaea 3.....

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
LOL those are not the same sprites xD same characters but no where near the damn same sprites :lol

with that said..

DO WANT

shinki

Neo Member
Looks like the same old disgaea just with high res sprites. Same old mechanics, same old character designs, same old enemies.

Good enough for me.

jiggle

yes! high(er) rez sprites!!
when they showed the poster, i was just thinking how great it'd be if that's how the in game sprites will look

shinki said:
Looks like the same old disgaea just with high res sprites. Same old mechanics, same old character designs, same old enemies.

Good enough for me.

I'm bummed that it's reusing the same old character designs from Disgaea 2, but you know I think overall it looks like they're making progress, so I'll let it slide.

cosmicblizzard said:
Wow, this looks great. Any chance this makes it over here before Nippon Ichi goes out of business?

Apparently their presentation involved making the company's president dressing up like a Prinny and saying that the fate of their company is completely dependent on Disgaea 4.

TurnipFritters said:
Apparently their presentation involved making the company's president dressing up like a Prinny and saying that the fate of their company is completely dependent on Disgaea 4.

If they bring it to the US, they will get my help on day 1

shinki

Neo Member
TurnipFritters said:

Tough times...

Nose Master

TurnipFritters said:
I'm bummed that it's reusing the same old character designs from Disgaea 2, but you know I think overall it looks like they're making progress, so I'll let it slide.

Let's hope if Disgaea 4 somehow saves them, they knock it the fuck off with the saturation of the Disgaea universe.

TurnipFritters said:

Man, that would be a terrible loss for the Japanese industry. They'll definitely have my support if it comes here.

Some 720p screenshots I did from the HD trailer:

2dhenns.jpg

15zkom0.jpg

2woj7f9.jpg

2elumar.jpg

suvr0i.jpg

Ashkeloth

I'm a pretty big fan of this series.

The only real complain I had about the third one were the PS2 (or prior) era sprites, and the school setting, so I am hyped as hell...

or I would be, but I live in Europe, so the chances of me seeing this in the next 2 years are slim, and, due to NIS's financial status, possibly even smaller

Lain

I'm totally fine with them still using sprites, plus this time around they are higher res than usual, basically they look good enough to me.

Negator

Game looks amazing! Can't wait to give NIS my money.

There better not be some Vampire/Werewolf shit going on in there

Ashkeloth said:
I'm a pretty big fan of this series.

The only real complain I had about the third one were the PS2 (or prior) era sprites, and the school setting, so I am hyped as hell...

or I would be, but I live in Europe, so the chances of me seeing this in the next 2 years are slim, and, due to NIS's financial status, possibly even smaller

Just import the NA version .

I don't dare to say this impresses me, but it is a considerable step up. I can't wait for a new Disgaea anyway, so this could very well be my TGS saviour. :lol

Negator

Amir0x said:
ah, the other great TGS announcement. And it looks so much better finally!

If I may ask, what was your first?

akachan ningen said:
What class is the girl with the prinny hat?

I think it's a standalone character, not a class, because of the dedicated VA she got.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, those characters look significantly better than in Absence of Justice.
Honestly, I loved the old school sprites in D3 but the upgrade look very nice and it doesn't seem to lose too much of the style in the transition.

Probably one of the Kinect announcement. He's crazy for Kinect.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Negator said:

Pretty sure it was Project Dark.

Elixist

Will never play this cause its not my type of game, but I always enjoy looking at their art. Dem sprites iz lookin good.

Acosta

Woah *check if the sky is about to fall*

Looks really fantastic, love the new sprites, the series really needed that.

akachan ningen said:
What class is the girl with the prinny hat?

From the bigger artwork, She is a girl just flatchested. From the trailer:

157uyv.jpg

The name is Fuuka, and the class it says プリニ-? Prinny, I guess :lol... like every other main character the class seems to change a lot.

Also she appears with differents weapons like axes and tridents, so maybe she can use several.

x6hitk.jpg

Also Axel is back:

2i8bt4p.jpg

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Is third to left in last pic supposed to be a new version of Mao? I like the long hair version in pic 2 but he looks weird with long legs.

Snuggler said:
Is third to left in last pic supposed to be a new version of Mao? I like the long hair version in pic 2 but he looks weird with long legs.

I dont think so, It would take thousands of years to see a grown up mao :lol

Top Bottom