• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2013

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

That's it?

WOW! WHAT EXCITING USE OF THE 3DS HARDWARE, AM I RIGHT GUYS?

*slowly shakes head*

Don't know why I expect anything of Nintendo anymore.

Tim-E

So...does the WiiU eshop ever get updates?

Didn't the Wii Shop Channel start out similarly? They started with an initial batch of stuff and basically just let it hold people over for a few months until the regular updates started?

Marche90

So, nothing interesting this week...

Well, at least we are getting the awesome FE demo next week, so for this time they are forgiven.

Wiz

That's it?

*slowly shakes head*

Not sure what you're complaining about, but the 3DS eShop has been on FIRE for the last few months.

Not sure what you're complaining about, but the 3DS eShop has been on FIRE for the last few months.
I can't see it. VC updates have been lethargic. Big name eShop releases have been rather sparse, too. Shovelware out the ass. Meanwhile Europe and Japan have a much more awesome selection that NoA seems loathe to tap into. It's infuriating.

Feel free to remind me why I'm wrong, though, I could use a pick-me-up.

BriBri

I can't see it. VC updates have been lethargic. Big name eShop releases have been rather sparse, too. Shovelware out the ass. Meanwhile Europe and Japan have a much more awesome selection that NoA seems loathe to tap into. It's infuriating.

Each region has positives and negatives. Japan doesn't have VVVVVV, Mutant Mudds, Gunman Clive etc, Europe doesn't have Unchained Blades, Fire Emblem demo, Cave Story etc.

Boney

Banned

Guild 01 collection, crashmo, fractured souls, unchained blades

There's been good stuff released in the last months, vc is a joke though

Wiz

Just seems to me that you're focusing more on what NoA doesn't have than what it does.

Notable releases in the last few months (From October forward)

Original eShop software:
Pokemon Dream Radar
Liberation Maiden
NightSky
Pokedex 3D Pro
Crashmo
Aero Porter
Crimson Shroud
Fluidity Spin Cycle

Hell, even VC has been better than normal:
Dr. Mario
Mario Golf
Wario Land 2
Zelda II
Pac-Man
Ninja Gaiden
Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels
MegaMan

And there's good stuff on the way such as Mutant Mudds 2 and Shantae. If these aren't up to your tastes, then I can understand why you're disappointed, but I think there's a lot of good stuff out now and in the pipeline.

RaidenZR

I'm so disappointed in the lack of true content on the WiiU eshop. They may have had some decent stuff up for launch, but they needed to keep consistent interest. They have failed to do that.

Drago

3DS downloads are a joke this week. Why not put up a VC game or something when everything else is shovel?

Also WHERE IS PICROSS

Will download the ZombiU and NBA demos. Hopefully WiiU software starts coming soon... I don't have much hope

Maxrunner

I'm so disappointed in the lack of true content on the WiiU eshop. They may have had some decent stuff up for launch, but they needed to keep consistent interest. They have failed to do that.

Expected quite frankly. That's why this time i didn't buy a Nintendo console at launch, i may bite PS4 though. they seem to get a more balance of western/eatern releases of all 3....

Wait, what? What, wait! How big is the download?

No info on that.

Eshop says it's being released 11/01/13, but because of the stupid time-window restriction the "View Details" is not accessible here. (and even then, i'm not even sure if the size is shown in the "details" section)

Tempted to get it as well though.

Never tried a Ninja Gaiden before.

Hmm.....

Pokedex 3D Pro
This one actually kinda annoys me. I liked my freebie one, but that's not giving me new Pokémon anymore; apparently I have to buy this new edition to get any further use out of it. Lame.

I'll grant you the rest of that list, though. Really need to finish up Pushmo and move on to Crashmo. Also, I think you forgot Gunman Clive - that is out in the US, right?

Hell, even VC has been better than normal:
This one I feel more justified in being down on, as we're lagging a fair bit behind the other regions, and bogging it down with NES titles hasn't helped it any. I mean, if they at least consistently did one a week and used NES games to fill the gaps between GB/GBC/GG titles, sure. Even better if I wouldn't have to rebuy a title like Punch-Out!! after buying it on the Wii VC. However, neither of those are the case: their release schedule is absolutely anemic and adding on NES titles only served to lessen the likelihood of any given title coming out at a decent clip, and they're probably never gonna set up a system to let me only have to have bought an NES game on VC one time. (Although if they can prove me wrong, there, I'd really like that. I suppose it's waiting on them having a more comprehensive Wii VC -> Wii U VC setup in place, though...)

And there's good stuff on the way such as Mutant Mudds 2 and Shantae. If these aren't up to your tastes, then I can understand why you're disappointed, but I think there's a lot of good stuff out now and in the pipeline.
Actually, I forgot about the 3DS Shantae (need to finish Risky's Revenge - also, wasn't the GBC game coming to VC sometime this millenium?). Didn't even know about Mutant Mudds 2, but I only recently finished the main 20 stages within the past couple of months, and haven't been working through the CGA stages particularly quickly, so...

Also HarmoKnight, I guess?

Also WHERE IS PICROSS
Also this. Big fan of Picross DS; I'd love to have this title, but it's nowhere to be found.

Expected quite frankly. That's why this time i didn't buy a Nintendo console at launch, i may bite PS4 though. they seem to get a more balance of western/eatern releases of all 3....
Wii launch was far, far less anemic than this. I mean, yeah, probably had people wondering where everything is like I've been doing, but they were putting out VC titles practically 4 a week. Nothing to sneeze at at all.

Never tried a Ninja Gaiden before.

Hmm.....
The first and second NES titles are really good, but absolutely insane in terms of difficulty. The third one ramps it up by either limiting or entirely removing your continues; I suppose you can get by this with restore points, however.

The first and second NES titles are really good, but absolutely insane in terms of difficulty. The third one ramps it up by either limiting or entirely removing your continues; I suppose you can get by this with restore points, however.

Wait, i'm talking 'bout Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge, on WiiU.

Are you comparing the NES titles with the "modern" ones?

(confused)

Maxrunner

I wish nightsky would come to europe already, Any news at all on this!?

It's quite sad that even steam is making me avoid buying 3ds versions because they take an eternity to reach the platform. Heck i even got cave story plus for freaking ubuntu before its in the european eshop....

Wait, i'm talking 'bout Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge, on WiiU.

Are you comparing the NES titles with the "modern" ones?

(confused)
No, I mistakenly assumed Ninja Gaiden 3: The Ancient Ship of Doom was on the 3DS VC in Europe. (In retrospect, I dunno why, since I don't think Ninja Gaiden 2 NES came out anywhere...)

Ignore what I said, then. -'_'-

eShop really has been on fire lately. But this always happens. As soon as it has one legit bad week, retroactively all the weeks before are terrible.

Davey Cakes

It may be a bad week, but my brother and I have been curious about ZombiU so at least now we'll be able to try it. I wasn't even expecting a demo, so this is nice.

Honestly, nothing on the eShop will really excite me until we hear about the WiiU VC.

olimpia84

Just checked the NA eShop and none of those demos are up yet (I want to try NBA2k13). What time do they update the eShop again?

olimpia84

Well, they added a new 'demo' section on the main eShop page but when you go to either ZombiU or NBA2k13 they forgot to add the 'download demo' link...

Frolow

Banned
Well, they added a new 'demo' section on the main eShop page but when you go to either ZombiU or NBA2k13 they forgot to add the 'download demo' link...
reggienotmyproblem.png
Did they just forget to add the download button when updating or something?

That's it?

*slowly shakes head*

HEY!

Thats four games. Better tha one that we got in the past even if it was one good game.

But still zero VC lol. Why is it so hard to have 1 VC game a week on there? Even if no 3rd parties wanted in, Nintendo could still do it for a couple years just for their 1st party NES, GB, and GBC games :/

Wiz

This one actually kinda annoys me. I liked my freebie one, but that's not giving me new Pokémon anymore; apparently I have to buy this new edition to get any further use out of it. Lame.

I'll grant you the rest of that list, though. Really need to finish up Pushmo and move on to Crashmo. Also, I think you forgot Gunman Clive - that is out in the US, right?

This one I feel more justified in being down on, as we're lagging a fair bit behind the other regions, and bogging it down with NES titles hasn't helped it any. I mean, if they at least consistently did one a week and used NES games to fill the gaps between GB/GBC/GG titles, sure. Even better if I wouldn't have to rebuy a title like Punch-Out!! after buying it on the Wii VC. However, neither of those are the case: their release schedule is absolutely anemic and adding on NES titles only served to lessen the likelihood of any given title coming out at a decent clip, and they're probably never gonna set up a system to let me only have to have bought an NES game on VC one time. (Although if they can prove me wrong, there, I'd really like that. I suppose it's waiting on them having a more comprehensive Wii VC -> Wii U VC setup in place, though...)

Actually, I forgot about the 3DS Shantae (need to finish Risky's Revenge - also, wasn't the GBC game coming to VC sometime this millenium?). Didn't even know about Mutant Mudds 2, but I only recently finished the main 20 stages within the past couple of months, and haven't been working through the CGA stages particularly quickly, so...

Also HarmoKnight, I guess?

Yeah, I forgot some. Gunman Clive is out already, and HarmoKnight is on the way. But I can agree with you on the VC. What I want most are the GB/GBC/GBA classics. I'm not too big on the NES games but I appreciate the ones there because most I haven't played/finished. I hope Nintendo understands that we WANT to give them our money for all these games, and picks up the pace.

dmr87

Thank god for Ninja Gaiden 3 on the eShop, forgot to pre-order my retail copy and now it's too late if I want to have it before the weekend. Will probably be more expensive but w/e.

Roto13

eShop really has been on fire lately. But this always happens. As soon as it has one legit bad week, retroactively all the weeks before are terrible.

Remember this summer when there were like five worthwhile VC games in July (and one not-so-worthwhile one) and then first week of August it was like "WHURS MAH VC GAMES NUHTENNO" as though we hadn't seen one in a year?

Rootbeer

Banned
I don't even bother checking my Wii U and 3DS eshops anymore. I will if I hear some hype about a new game, which is rare. Almost everything is garbage or uninteresting. They have so many amazing games they are just sitting on when they could be releasing them and raking in dough. WTF is Nintendo's problem.

NateDrake

NBA 2K13 demo is flying.

I don't even bother checking my Wii U and 3DS eshops anymore. I will if I hear some hype about a new game, which is rare. Almost everything is garbage or uninteresting. They have so many amazing games they are just sitting on when they could be releasing them and raking in dough. WTF is Nintendo's problem.

So I take it you missed all the Guild 01 titles released on eShop. The only Wii U game planned for Dec. was Toki Tori 2 and that was delayed. Pretty much every Wii U retail game is on the eShop. The Cave, Toki Tori 2, Puddle, Zen Pinball, and Tank Tank Tank! will be on the Wii U eShop soon.

TehOh

of course they are terrible because THERE HAS BEEN NO PICROSS!!!!! EVER!!!!! (for NA)

I was *this* close to importing a European 3DS recently just for the Picross games and better virtual console support. Also, it was the awesome Pikachu 3DS XL.

See the things you do to me, Nintendo of America!

Top Bottom