• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Bundle Thread - There's another one?

zulux21

Thanks for the recommendation, never heard of this one before.

I hadn't either until tonight thus just trying to get it a little attention so the guy can maybe support it and update it properly (he has a kickstarter going that has a whole 14 backers right now) I hope you end up enjoying it enough to tell your friends as I always like telling all my friends about fun indie games and try to get others to spread the word about decent indie games, something I am sure you can appreciate lol.... (lost track of how many people I told about Dust :p)

anyways I suppose I should update with some other bundles real quick. (click pictures if you want some bundles)
groupees ajay's bundle

indiegala greenlight bundle

Noogy

Some nice games in that Indiegala bundle. First time I've bought one of their bundles, but apparently you need Desura to download some of the games. Guess I better man up and finally make an account.

try to get others to spread the word about decent indie games, something I am sure you can appreciate lol.... (lost track of how many people I told about Dust :p)

You have my love :)

The Indiegala one looks pretty great. Just got it, I'm registering the Desura keys (separate ones in case anyone wants to know).

Edit: Ehh. Yeah, not as good as it seems. The Girl and the Robot was extremely underwhelming (even if it does say it's a "pre-alpha"), and I've yet to decide if Loot Hero is the most mindless non-game ever, a scathing commentary on the hooks of progression on otherwise simplistic gameplay with zero challenge, or the digital equivalent of bubble wrap popping. And learning that there's an actual animal hunting simulator in the bunch doesn't help matters exactly. :/

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Yeah, wow at book 3. Perfect! Goes well with book 1 and 2 I just got from that groupees bundle.

Deft Beck

Frederic: The Resurrection of Music is almost the perfect example of what I like to call the "insane half-hour-long rhythm game" genre.

Music is pretty good, and the story is insane.

The bundle is worth it for that game alone.

Tizoc

Frederic: The Resurrection of Music is almost the perfect example of what I like to call the "insane half-hour-long rhythm game" genre.

Music is pretty good, and the story is insane.

The bundle is worth it for that game alone.

Which bundle has that game? At work so I can't access some websites.

Found ya thread. Can I plea to people to try and keep this alive as while all the bundles tend to get posted in the Steam thread, that thread is too busy for anyone to keep on top of (27 pages in a ~8 hours). A lack of replies /=/ a lack of interest.

As of this post there are 7 hours left on the $1.49 offer.

There is also another groupees greenlight bundle. I believe qrth-phyl was in indiegamestand a long time ago. There is quite an extensive write-up here

Found ya thread. Can I plea to people to try and keep this alive as while all the bundles tend to get posted in the Steam thread, that thread is too busy for anyone to keep on top of (27 pages in a ~8 hours). A lack of replies /=/ a lack of interest.

As of this post there are 7 hours left on the $1.49 offer.

There is also another groupees greenlight bundle. I believe qrth-phyl was in indiegamestand a long time ago. There is quite an extensive write-up here

thanks for the heads up. picked up all of the Groupees stuff (some of which looks super high quality) minus that rpg as well as an early bird Gala bundle.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

One of the problems is that when this thread was started, there were periodic indie bundles of interest, whereas now there are 5-6 full time indie bundle operations bundling dozens of keys every single week, mostly garbage-tier stuff.

If someone wants to follow all of them, they're actually better off using a resource like this:
https://igbwiki.com/wiki/Indie_Game_Bundle_Wiki

Not to say people can't post them here, or whatever, I'm very pro that. I just mean that it's not super likely that people are going to post low-impact bundles here out of obligation to the thread given the workload.

One of the problems is that when this thread was started, there were periodic indie bundles of interest, whereas now there are 5-6 full time indie bundle operations bundling dozens of keys every single week, mostly garbage-tier stuff.

If someone wants to follow all of them, they're actually better off using a resource like this:

Not to say people can't post them here, or whatever, I'm very pro that. I just mean that it's not super likely that people are going to post low-impact bundles here out of obligation to the thread given the workload.

In fact, I'm perfectly fine with only the more interesting bundles being posted here. If the thread is bumped every time a mediocre bundle with entirely unknown games is released (i.e. every day), I'm more likely to ignore it.

zulux21

to be fair a screenshot of the games and a link to the bundle isn't that hard, i just felt it was better to only post the bundles with interesting games because of flood of bundles out there now.

i mean lets see
19df03498e.jpg
groupees android bundle 25 cents a game min 4 games

yeah takes about a min, but most of the games there aren't even worth looking at :p

I think medicore games or unknown bundles are fine as long as someone can think up why they are posting it (I'd say out of the groupees android bundle Treasures of Montezuma is the only thing of interest for instance). Of course someone like Toma posts threads on these when they pop up on indie game stand but not everyone has that kind of dedication.

I was not aware of such a site.

Anyway these two won't fit on the site but the only pros are they come with steam trading cards (which are probably going to net you £0.10 totals) and they're free.
PC Gamer - Dino D-Day . (I knew it would be this) Bad multiplayer shooter with playable dinosaurs.
Indiegala - Woodle tree adventures. Looks like a short mediocre 3D platformer.

Since the post is made. Groupees Sometimes Tuesday the best part you probably already own. RTS/Tower Defence Revenge of the Titans is the only one I've heard of, I guess it is not bad for $1 but the Puppygames ultra bundle that was just in the Summer sale is a lot better value.

Similar pattern with the current Indie Royale: Mixer 6 where Chime is the highlight in my eyes and the rest I have no interest in there (note: Knightshift is a 2003 game) but that is much more than $1.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Cinders is neat if you like VNs.

I remember they had problems getting onto Steam before, but it looks like the Greenlight process has gotten VNs onto the platform.

I put about 30 minutes into Raetikon and I'm not sure I can really recommend it. It can be a strikingly pretty game in parts but the act of flying doesn't feel enjoyable enough to be an entire game focused around it and after the initial joy of seeing the world it seems to becomes nothing more then a guided tour of collecting bits and feeding those bits into machines to unlock more similar looking caves to collect more bits to feed into more machines. Their are occasional fun moments but I don't think anyone should get that bundle just for that game. However, I can recommend Mercenary Kings and Antichamber, both are excellent although Merc Kings is more of a 'Monster Hunter style item collect and craft' game then its screens initially display so be aware that if you go in just expecting Metal Slug you might be disappointed.

Bundle in a box is shutting down:
Most of you must have guessed this was going to happen, but the time has come to make things official: the Bundle In A Box bundle will be shutting down in one month from now (on the 8th of August 2014). And no, no more bundles will ever be released by us.

So, please, do make sure you’ve downloaded all your games and grabbed all your codes by then, as everything will be taken offline on 8.8.2014.

Edit:
Indie Gala Monday Bundle

$1.49 for

• Bardbarian
  • Coldfire Keep
  • Blade Symphony
  • Into the Dark: Ultimate Trash Edition
  • Toki Tori 2+
  • Micy Roll (Greenlight)
Good stuff there.

Deques

the new indie royale seems decent

all of the games have trading cards and I don't think any of them have been in bundles before (at least not a groupees or humble bundle that I know of)

It's nice to see a bundle where I don't have any of the games once in a while

Really Big Sky is the free game from PC gamer/Bundlestars this time and this time they want you to use twitter. Seems to also add the Woody Box app to your twitter account (I suspect the usual, harvests the public info, can choose to spam your feed) so be sure to deactivate that crap ASAP.

Groupees Sometimes Tuesday is also quite good:
http://groupees.com/tuesday
1000 Amps (Steam)
BorderZone (Steam)
T.E.C. 3001 (Steam)
Pretentious Game (Steam)
Making History II: The War of the World (Steam)
[bonus] p0gman - Lost Dubz (Music)
[bonus] Battlepillars Gold Edition
Bolded have trading cards if you are into that.

1000 Amps has been on my radar for some time. If I'm lazy Monochrome Metroidvania is the description.

The latest Indie Royale bundle is pretty good:
The Shoe Bundle
- Stealth Bastard Deluxe
- Savant: Ascent
- Mr. Bree+
- Jack Lumber
- Fly'N
- Oozi: Earth Adventure
- Akane the Kunoichi (Despite its fanservicey title card, it's supposed to be a pretty good platformer)
- Doomed n' Damned
- ??? game

All, except for Doomed n' Damned, have Steam keys. Doomed n' Damned is on Greenlight.

zulux21

I feel sad this thread is dead so I might as well revive it a bit.
groupees is about to start up a doujin bundle you can preorder now (next 30 min from this post) at $2 and get the whole bundle for likely half the price it will be when it launches (assuming it works like other preorders)

they also have a retro game bundle coming
running be mine 15
arena bundle
bundle of the damned 3
build a greenlight 12

speaking of greenlight stuff indie royal has a debut bundle 20
and they also have the mixer 10

humble bundle has
humble indie 13
halloween bundle
mobile bundle

finally indie gala has some bundles
I didn't feel like typing them out.

but yeah at the very least i am going to try to remember to post about the groupees bundles since they do preorders at reduced prices for the 12-24 hours before the bundle goes live so if you aren't constantly watching you will miss them.

I feel sad this thread is dead so I might as well revive it a bit.
groupees is about to start up a doujin bundle you can preorder now (next 30 min from this post) at $2 and get the whole bundle for likely half the price it will be when it launches (assuming it works like other preorders)
And here's what we know so far (these were mentioned recently in the chat by Groupees):
- Blazblue is pretty much confirmed at this point. Duplicity is one of the games in the header image.
- They teased that it will have at least Blazblue, 2 shmups, and 1 visual novel.
- 2 tiers: $1 and $4, $2 preorder for the whole bundle.
- Blazblue will be in the $4 tier. So you're better off preordering if you want that.

zulux21

And here's what we know so far (these were mentioned recently in the chat by Groupees):
- Blazblue is pretty much confirmed at this point. Duplicity is one of the games in the header image.
- They teased that it will have at least Blazblue, 2 shmups, and 1 visual novel.
- Blazblue will be in the $4 tier. So you're better off preordering if you want that.

ah thanks for the new info.
the doujin bundles tend to be solid so I just preordered it twice over without even bothering to find hints for the games :p

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member

Spot on. The shmups are Danmaku Unlimited 2 and Reflex.

LQX

Is anyone else getting this screen? It is happening in both Firefox and Chrome. I cant close it or do anything. And my Chrome is bare, no adblocks or anything.

humble.png

Is anyone else getting this screen? It is happening in both Firefox and Chrome. I cant close it or do anything. And my Chrome is bare, no adblocks or anything.

humble.png
It is to do with the Mozilla bundle. They added browser support for some games. This also exists for older bundles that also had those games too. Not sure how to get past that as I don't use a profile on Humble Bundle but on the bundle pages it was not a pop-up.

LQX

It is to do with the Mozilla bundle. They added browser support for some games. This also exists for older bundles that also had those games too. Not sure how to get past that as I don't use a profile on Humble Bundle but on the bundle pages it was not a pop-up.

Yeah thanks for the info. Looks like I will have to install Java or some crap.

LQX

I got this explanation from them if anyone else is having problems....

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble you have encountered! Unfortunately we recently diagnosed an issue with the ASM.js feature located on Humble Library pages where the feature pops up a window which cannot be closed. It appears that this problem is caused by the browser's zoom option being set to anything other than the default zoom. Our engineers are hard at work developing a fix for this problem so we should have a resolution deployed soon.

In the mean time, I recommend resetting the zoom option in the browser you are using so that you can successfully access your Humble Library. The zoom option should be found under the 'View' menu in your browser. Once you have successfully accessed your library you can reset the zoom option to its previous value.

I apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused! Hopefully we'll have your Humble Library back to normal in not too long. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. Otherwise, take care and happy gaming!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Indiegala has a cheap bundle (1.99$) with some (Steam) VNs:

eden* (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS
Higurashi When They Cry Hou - Ch.1 Onikakushi (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS
X-note (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS
The Clans - Saga of the Twins Deluxe Edition (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS
Blue Rose (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS
Super Chain Crusher Horizon (STEAM)
Project Root (STEAM)

Higurashi has been out for what? 2 months? Apparently, Eden and Super Chain Crusher Horizon are very solid as well.

1upmuffin

I'd also like to know what these games are like - I have Antichamber and Mercenary Kings looks pretty cool.

I've played Mercenary Kings, visually it's neat, but the structure of missions is super boring/repetitive and it is not like Metal Slug as the art suggests.

Cru Jones

Hi GAF! We've just launched our first bundle at https://www.gamebundle.com/gb/gamebundle

We have 8 titles in our debut bundle (6 games and 2 movies).

Pay more than $1
  • Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
  • Breach and Clear: Deadline
  • Pixel Poetry (Movie)
  • Good Game (Movie)
Beat the Average
  • Pathologic Classic HD (First time ever in a bundle!)
  • Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition
Pay More than $8
  • Train Fever
  • Mystery Game (Revealed March 7th)
Charity
We are giving 10% of Net Revenue to SpecialEffect a UK based charity who are hosting their GameBlast16 event this weekend.

Top Bottom