Seriously, this is the best show done by Netflix in years. (I liked it WAY more than the disappointing ST s2)
It's like an amalgamation of Stephen King, Nolan, Lynch and Fincher.
It's beautifully shot, very tense and well... um... DARK.
Plot is super engaging and will keep you guessing and obsessing over every detail (and yup, they all matter)
Just remember to turn off the god-awful English dub and go German audio + Eng subs.
Watch the pilot and come thank me later.
It's a crime how poorly Netflix is promoting this wonderful show.
Trailer (I'd recommend going in blind, but if you have to....)
NAMES PRIMER---------------------------------------------------- done by IgnotiousB on reddit.
It's a bit hard to follow at first so here's a primer of the characters!
!!!DO NOT OPEN SPOILERS IF YOU HADN'T FINISHED EP 1!!!
- Hanna, mother: has affair with Ulrich Nielsen
- Michael, father: commits suicide at the start
- Jonas, son: yellow jacket, has bad dreams/mental problems
- Ines, grandmother: former nurse
- Ulrich, father: works as a cop
- Katharina, mother: principal at the school
- Mikkel, youngest son: disappears
- Magnus, eldest son
- Martha, daughter: dates Barthoz Tiedemann
- Jana, grandmother: mother of Ulrich
- Tronte, grandfather: father of Ulrich
- Aleksander, father: runs the nuclear plant
- Regina, mother: runs the Winden hotel
- Bartosz, son: boyfriend of Martha Nielsen, best friend of Jonas Kahnwald
- Charlotte, mother: cop, chief of police (?)
- Peter, father: psychiatrist of Jonas Kahnwald
- Franziska, eldest daughter: ginger
- Elisabeth, youngest daughter: deaf