• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

NucelarGen
(11-30-2017, 03:06 PM)

Originally Posted by Alx

The new look of Thanos is interesting, he looks more believable there and less like a CG monster

totally agree. I think that's the idea, that it seems real
Big Blue
(11-30-2017, 03:50 PM)

Originally Posted by -BLITZ-

Now I realize how Josh Brolin actual face is implemented in this image. Even the small nose and eyes have human face form and, at least from my point of view, not correctly proportionate with the jaws and chin. The right image is how he suppose to look like. What a shame.

He would look Steppenwolf-tier on the right. The updated look is much better. He seems more real and by that makes him look a lot more menacing.
trikster40
(11-30-2017, 03:52 PM)
A friend and I were talking this morning. What are the possibilities that they put just a few more scenes into the trailer since we all know this is going to be before The Last Jedi? Pepper in that D23 footage of Thanos hurling a moon at the Avengers as a nice little bonus?
WaterAstro
(11-30-2017, 06:43 PM)
Well, Thanos isn't immune to lighting. Maybe he'll look different under different lighting. In Guardians, he was pretty much in space in a no atmosphere looking lighting.
NucelarGen
(11-30-2017, 06:47 PM)

Originally Posted by WaterAstro

Well, Thanos isn't immune to lighting. Maybe he'll look different under different lighting. In Guardians, he was pretty much in space in a no atmosphere looking lighting.

Can be. Maybe sunlight affects your skin

autumnleaf
(11-30-2017, 07:08 PM)
I prefer the darker purple but I do think he looks more realistic now.
Dynomite
(11-30-2017, 07:47 PM)
Looks like Majin Buu's father.
NucelarGen
(11-30-2017, 07:53 PM)
LOL

Can someone put the helmet ? Please

Shadowhelper
(11-30-2017, 08:00 PM)
It should've just been a dude in purple paint.

CG looks like ass.

Just blow him up like they did with Gods of Egypt.

Instead, we get some CG fart.

And team up movies are crap. Civil War is a pretty average movie in the MCU universe .
7he Talon
(11-30-2017, 08:09 PM)

Originally Posted by Shadowhelper

And team up movies are crap. Civil War is a pretty average movie in the MCU universe .

Which Marvel movie over the past two phases hasn't been about hero's teaming up?
JordanN
(11-30-2017, 08:16 PM)

Originally Posted by NucelarGen

xD

Only a few people will get this reference

Laserdisk
(11-30-2017, 08:26 PM)
Every.fucking.time.

Showaddy
(12-01-2017, 12:39 AM)
I mean this shot also clearly looks better than the others so there's obviously more work to be done.

Mister Apoc
(12-01-2017, 01:22 AM)
so people are complaining on twitter about Cap leading the charge in Wakanda and that its not T'challa leading it

longdi
(12-01-2017, 02:06 AM)

Originally Posted by Mister Apoc

so people are complaining on twitter about Cap leading the charge in Wakanda and that its not T'challa leading it

I noticed as much, white american hero leading the black race, even though this black group is the most advanced civilization in MCU earth and black panther is as much a fighter as capt. Damn Hollywood and them white brothers.
Mister Apoc
(12-01-2017, 03:06 AM)

Originally Posted by longdi

I noticed as much, white american hero leading the black race, even though this black group is the most advanced civilization in MCU earth and black panther is as much a fighter as capt. Damn Hollywood and them white brothers.

what...?

Captain America has always been the leader of the avengers, and T'challa has always yielded to Cap's rule in the comics
Fnord
(12-01-2017, 03:50 AM)

Originally Posted by Estellex

The main actor is from South Carolina. I wonder how hard he is faking the accent.

There are many accents here in South Carolina with deep African roots. If he grew up around Gullah speakers, he had a decent jumping off point. I see that he's from Anderson, though, which makes it less likely (but nowhere near impossible).
raziel
(12-01-2017, 03:52 AM)

I prefer it this way, it looks more real.
Kimawolf
(12-01-2017, 04:37 AM)

i will assume there is a good reason the warrior king is not leading his own army in his own nation. Probably some kind of plot element that has Cap leading the charge.
kunonabi
(12-01-2017, 04:49 AM)

Originally Posted by Kimawolf

i will assume there is a good reason the warrior king is not leading his own army in his own nation. Probably some kind of plot element that has Cap leading the charge.

I mean Cap does have a history of leading the charge against a previous alien army and an army of killer robots in addition to his record in world war II. Obviously, we dont exactly know how Black Panther turns out but at the moment it would certainly seem like Cap just has more experience. A good king, and especially one new to the role, should certainly be putting his people, and possibly the world/universe, before his own pride.
ZeoVGM
formerly omg rite
(12-01-2017, 04:58 AM)

Originally Posted by raziel

I prefer it this way, it looks more real.

How does it look "more real" exactly?
WaterAstro
(12-01-2017, 06:02 AM)

Originally Posted by longdi

Cap can lead the entire Marvel universe. He's just that good. It's canon.

Originally Posted by kunonabi

I mean Cap does have a history of leading the charge against a previous alien army and an army of killer robots in addition to his record in world war II. Obviously, we dont exactly know how Black Panther turns out but at the moment it would certainly seem like Cap just has more experience. A good king, and especially one new to the role, should certainly be putting his people, and possibly the world/universe, before his own pride.

Black Panther is known to not give a shit about anyone other than his people. If the Earth was destroyed, but Wakanda somehow launched into outer space and into safety, Black Panther would do that. He doesn't give a shit about anyone else.
Maddrical
(12-01-2017, 06:45 AM)

funniest thing ive read in days. people need to get a grip. any links to these tweets? i want a good laugh.
NucelarGen
(12-01-2017, 07:36 AM)

Originally Posted by ZeoVGM

How does it look "more real" exactly?

more real than Groot or Rocket. I guess they want it to be more josh brolin , as a banner to Hulk
dankir
(12-01-2017, 08:06 AM)

Originally Posted by Maddrical

funniest thing ive read in days. people need to get a grip. any links to these tweets? i want a good laugh.

Man in the shots before T'Challa extending his claws he's clearly front of the line, you even see Cap and Bucky behind. In the shot where the two armies are running towards each other, Panther is in front.

Everybody wants to make something out of nothing.
IndoAssassin
(12-01-2017, 08:13 AM)
Whoa I am blown away. People so fixated about what Thanos looks like and how he looks so weak that they forget about what the trailer is actually portraying.

People keep thinking that Iron Man will be replaced by another Iron Man yet this trailer foreshadows Tony's death and BP's rise as the new Iron Man (metaphorically) to head Phase 4.

Trailer shows Tony broken, defeated, without any hope. Then we cut to Wakanda, T'Challa requesting getting Cap a shield, (Tony's father created the original), You have Wakanda representing Man's final stand against invasion. 100% of the time it's always the US as the last hope for humanity, this time it's an African nation.

BP bringing that hope and it shows when BP is leading his army into battle and Captain AMERICA is amongst the soldiers.

The symbolism is unreal. As a BP fan I am just dead, I'm gonna have a back to back BP kicking ass goodness. My god I... I... I'm just speechless. I can't express how insane I feel right now.

And damn at that Wakandan handshake as the battle ready war cry that people keep comparing to Wolverine, yet can't even recall the handshake from the BP trailer.
autumnleaf
(12-01-2017, 10:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Kimawolf

There is a shot right before that in the trailer where Black Panther is in front of the entire army and Bucky and Cap aren't even by his side, they're a row behind everyone. This charging shot probably comes at a very particular moment in the overall battle, like how the two teams charging at each other wasn't the start of the fight in Civil War.
Laserdisk
(12-01-2017, 02:22 PM)

The actual super soldier with super strength can run faster?
Shadowhelper
(12-01-2017, 02:40 PM)

Originally Posted by 7he Talon

Which Marvel movie over the past two phases hasn't been about hero's teaming up?

Plenty. The Iron Men movies, Ant Man, Homecoming, Doctor Strange, Incredible Hulk.

It'll be cool. But I struggle to see how this is going to be a good movie. The comics are also always crap when they over stuff them with all the characters.

Winter Solider is so much better than Civil War.
Dunki
(12-01-2017, 02:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Laserdisk

The actual super soldier with super strength can run faster?

But Then Hulk should lead because I bet he is faster than cap.Also longer legs and he can jump XD

But yeah people trying to get offend for offended sake.
Alx
(12-01-2017, 02:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Dunki

But Then Hulk should lead because I bet he is faster than cap.Also longer legs and he can jump XD

In any case those flying armors are rubbish, can't even outpace a running guy... :P
Sosokrates
(12-02-2017, 01:05 AM)
I hope we see thanos having fun destorying the Avengers,

The avengers need to know where in the line they stand.

I hope thanos is on another level power wise, e.g when iron man flys into thanos, thanos catches iron man by the neck and iron man is helpless and thanos is laughing,thanos then throws iron like it was nothing.
hollomat
(12-02-2017, 04:54 AM)

Originally Posted by Shadowhelper

It should've just been a dude in purple paint.

CG looks like ass.

Just blow him up like they did with Gods of Egypt.

Instead, we get some CG fart.

Nope. You’re wrong.

Calling Civil War average when apparently you’ve gone out of your way to see Gods of Egypt.
Estellex
(12-02-2017, 06:56 AM)
What are some good tips on securing tickets the first or second day this movie comes out because being packed would be an understatement.
NucelarGen
(12-02-2017, 07:11 AM)
WaterAstro
(12-02-2017, 09:06 AM)
It's official. Thanos wears suntan lotion.
t-storm
(12-02-2017, 02:19 PM)

Can be. Maybe sunlight affects your skin

He looks Bruce Willis-ish in the new trailer.
NucelarGen
(12-02-2017, 04:08 PM)
it does not look anything like Bruce Willis
IndoAssassin
(12-02-2017, 04:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Dunki

But yeah people trying to get offend for offended sake.

Offense junkies all over the internet
WaterAstro
(12-02-2017, 11:31 PM)
I mean, it looks like Josh Brolin, maybe? lol
G-Bus
(12-03-2017, 04:41 AM)

Originally Posted by JordanN

Only a few people will get this reference

Oh wow hahahaha.
longdi
(12-03-2017, 05:38 AM)
I realise the new Thanos is lacking some serious polygons and normal mapping, looks straight out of a Gears of war game.

That said, how will MCU explain purple -> brown change? Racist!
Shazz_rulez19
(12-03-2017, 05:43 AM)

it does not look anything like Bruce Willis

"You didnt see this coming" - Quicksilver 2015

NucelarGen
(12-03-2017, 09:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Shazz_rulez19

"You didnt see this coming" - Quicksilver 2015

It does not look like anything. all those images are bullshit
autumnleaf
(12-03-2017, 01:04 PM)
Watching the trailer again and it seems pretty clear Proxima Midnight and Corvus take down Vision for his gem so I assume Ebony Maw will take Strange's and Obsidian will get the Collector's while Thanos himself only retrieves the Tesseract from Loki. The movie will probably open with the whole Black Order taking the Power Gem from Xandar.
t-storm
(12-03-2017, 01:38 PM)

It does not look like anything. all those images are bullshit

lol
SMOK3Y
Generous Member
(12-03-2017, 02:28 PM)

Originally Posted by kunonabi

Eh, as a trailer it was just ok. I wasnt really expecting another horde of aliens attacking earth but maybe i was just being too optimistic.

Widow being blonde looks freaking terrible though. Of course holland's new suit, Cap and Thanos don't look that great either.

Thats fooked 😶 i love redhead Scarlett
ricardo_sousa11
(12-03-2017, 03:17 PM)
Marvels way of making a movie.

Something comes from the sky, assemble the team, destroy evil!

This looks awfull, just like any of the avengers.
Laserdisk
(12-03-2017, 05:46 PM)

Originally Posted by ricardo_sousa11

Wow that avatar and the hot takes!
Gonna need a security guard for the protection of others
endre
(12-03-2017, 06:07 PM)

Originally Posted by ricardo_sousa11

But this one has the Guardians in it, so who knows, it might be great.