• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Blam
Member
(12-01-2017, 11:06 PM)
Blam's Avatar

Originally Posted by Piggus

Jesus fucking Christ.

the fuck was that post. I don't even wanna see that shit.
Euphor!a
Banned
(12-01-2017, 11:11 PM)

Originally Posted by JordanN

Last couple of posts prove exactly what I mean.

No one should be surprised anymore when I don't reply to those people.

You don't reply because you can't reply. You're just an idiot.

You're an alt-right loser hiding behind bullshit, you're not fooling anyone.
i-Lo
Member
(12-01-2017, 11:14 PM)
i-Lo's Avatar

Originally Posted by karby

This very thread(among plenty of others) is more than enough evidence to say that it isn't.
I bounce between here and the other place. I'm not a prolific poster there, and I've never been one here either. I usually just prefer to lurk and observe, unless I really feel like I have something to say.

From a long term lurker's perspective:
GAF seems to be in the beginning stages of going from far left to far right. Not saying that that's where it's gonna end up, just saying that it looks like it's in the beginning process of it.
Racist/sexist posts are going unchecked, either completely or by being allowed to stay around far longer than they should.
There is a decidedly purposeful tonal shift, and it's extremely noticeable to the point where it's difficult, if not impossible to ignore.
Moderator presence(what little there is anyway) seems to be stretched too thin, and takes too long to react. Not only that, but because mods are anonymous, finding and reaching out to them takes more effort that it should. This is in addition to the fact that reporting posts, has been made to be a hassle.

All of these observations, combined with...juniors and new accounts being rushed to approval...with not enough admin presence to weed out fast enough the ones who have extremist views...GAF is still one sided. But now it's moving to the opposite side.
It wouldn't surprise me, if in a year or two, 'ironic' racism and sexism would be completely acceptable by the active members here under the guise of 'It's just a joke.' But this is only under the assumption that things continue on as they are and that GAF leadership doesn't pull itself together within that time frame.

So...having said all that, I take my leave.

Very well put. Pretty sure that with time more any more left leaning members with leave as GAF plays host to the process of normalizing alt right ideologies as long as it's not explicitly racist.
<+)O Robido O(+>
(12-01-2017, 11:16 PM)
<+)O Robido O(+>'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Xenobureido

And I won't get tired to remind you that 'old gaf' was defined by people like Lime and CrossingEden. It could only get better from there.

How can gaf be defined by these posters and I never heard of them? I've been a member here for almost a decade.
RastaMentality
Member
(12-01-2017, 11:18 PM)
RastaMentality's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xenobureido

I kinda feel left out, having missed the pprn gifs ;o



We don't have anyone who defends crime committing pedophiles. Just to be clear.

So you defend the pedophiles that desperately want to rape kids, just not the ones who have actually done it.
Euphor!a
Banned
(12-01-2017, 11:18 PM)

Originally Posted by <+)O Robido O(+>

How can gaf be defined by these posters and I never heard of them? I've been a member here for almost a decade.

Defined by = users that hurt my feelings.
Xenobureido
Banned
(12-01-2017, 11:23 PM)

Originally Posted by <+)O Robido O(+<

How can gaf be defined by these posters and I never heard of them? I've been a member here for almost a decade.

If you spent any time on the gaming side, you'd know them. Every big, controversial thread was lead by them.

Originally Posted by RastaMentality

So you defend the pedophiles that desperately want to rape kids, just not the ones who have actually done it.

I'm not in favor of punishing thought crimes, if that's what you meant. Yes.
David___
Member
(12-01-2017, 11:25 PM)
David___'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Xenobureido


I'm not in favor of punishing thought crimes, if that's what you meant. Yes.

How do you feel about death threats? Do you think it should be punishable?
Euphor!a
Banned
(12-01-2017, 11:26 PM)

Originally Posted by David___

How do you feel about death threats? Do you think it should be punishable?

He has made it clear in other threads he supports pedophilia, ignore him if you value your sanity.
RastaMentality
Member
(12-01-2017, 11:46 PM)
RastaMentality's Avatar

Originally Posted by Euphor!a

He has made it clear in other threads he supports pedophilia, ignore him if you value your sanity.

Oh. I had a feeling from his username
DevilFox
Member
(12-02-2017, 12:06 AM)
DevilFox's Avatar
It's not more civil but at least people don't get banned for simply speaking their mind. It will get better with time, hopefully, as I do like to pass by and read some threads, now and then.
OniBarubary
Banned
(12-02-2017, 12:26 AM)

Originally Posted by DevilFox

It's not more civil but at least people don't get banned for simply speaking their mind. It will get better with time, hopefully, as I do like to pass by and read some threads, now and then.

You must have to visit at least every three days to keep up with every time a new thread gets posted.

Spoilers: Lime and CrossingEden were, and are, better posters than Xenobureido is even if what they posted was 95% garbage. A difference of 5% is still technically better.
batrush
Member
(12-02-2017, 12:32 AM)
batrush's Avatar

Originally Posted by Krappadizzle

Feels more civil because the ultra hard left people mostly left so as to not dogpile and berate anyone with central/conservative views.

this basically
George Washington
Member
(12-02-2017, 12:34 AM)
George Washington's Avatar

Originally Posted by themagicalkitsune

Must be nice living in that puffy cloud of yours

Troll accounts are not new but thank you for the example.
George Washington
Member
(12-02-2017, 12:37 AM)
George Washington's Avatar

Originally Posted by Krappadizzle

Feels more civil because the ultra hard left people mostly left so as to not dogpile and berate anyone with central/conservative views.

Ok, but besides politics, are discussions on the gaming side the same or worse than before?

Edit: I am reading everyone’s response but I cannot respond to everyone. Right now it seems more say that interactions between members are worse than before (again goes back to the lack of mods issue).
David___
Member
(12-02-2017, 12:39 AM)
David___'s Avatar

Originally Posted by George Washington

Ok, but besides politics, are discussions on the gaming side the same or worse than before?

A dead corpse is technically more civil then when it was alive, yes
themagicalkitsune
Member
(12-02-2017, 12:40 AM)
themagicalkitsune's Avatar

Originally Posted by George Washington

Troll accounts are not new but thank you for the example.

No, thank you for conveniently turning a blind eye. Say what you will about old gaf, that shit wouldn't fly then and the post would have been nuked in a minute.

It's still up now, along with the vomit of various other troll accounts that seem to make up a significant portion of current gaf.
George Washington
Member
(12-02-2017, 12:42 AM)
George Washington's Avatar

Originally Posted by themagicalkitsune

No, thank you for conveniently turning a blind eye. Say what you will about old gaf, that shit wouldn't fly then and the post would have been nuked in a minute.

It's still up now, along with the vomit of various other troll accounts that seem to make up a significant portion of current gaf.

I agree but that goes back to the issue with the lack of mods. No one is debating that, the account would have been banned very quickly.

How are the interactions between existing members (older accounts, not troll/new) or on the gaming side?
Battlechili1
Member
(12-02-2017, 12:49 AM)
Battlechili1's Avatar
Seeing the rest of this thread, I retract my statement about this place seeming more civil/relaxing.
Or at least the Gaming section seems pleasant right now.
batrush
Member
(12-02-2017, 12:55 AM)
batrush's Avatar

Originally Posted by George Washington

How are the interactions between existing members (older accounts, not troll/new) or on the gaming side?

Big improvement with the social justice crusaders not here to pick at everything/everyone that doesn't pander to/agree with their shitty views.
JordanN
Junior Member
(12-02-2017, 01:01 AM)
JordanN's Avatar

Originally Posted by Battlechili1

Seeing the rest of this thread, I retract my statement about this place seeming more civil/relaxing.
Or at least the Gaming section seems pleasant right now.

The far-left attack dogs are honestly what's ruining Off-topic.

I think Evilore needs to extend a policy that forbids Communists. Their mark on history is just as damaging as Fascism has been and seeing people defend the likes of Socialist countries means Neogaf still hasn't struck a neutral balance.
No reason to tolerate either extremist. Get em out.
Zog
Member
(12-02-2017, 01:04 AM)

Originally Posted by JordanN

The far-left attack dogs are honestly what's ruining Off-topic.


They were used to having dominion over the forum and haven't adjusted yet. They will adjust in time.
Night Angel
Member
(12-02-2017, 01:17 AM)
Night Angel's Avatar

Originally Posted by JordanN

The far-left attack dogs are honestly what's ruining Off-topic.

I think Evilore needs to extend a policy that forbids Communists. Their mark on history is just as damaging as Fascism has been and seeing people defend the likes of Socialist countries means Neogaf still hasn't struck a neutral balance.
No reason to tolerate either extremist. Get em out.

Yep. It's not the racists. It's the people who call out the racists.
i-Lo
Member
(12-02-2017, 01:19 AM)
i-Lo's Avatar

Originally Posted by JordanN

The far-left attack dogs are honestly what's ruining Off-topic.

I think Evilore needs to extend a policy that forbids Communists. Their mark on history is just as damaging as Fascism has been and seeing people defend the likes of Socialist countries means Neogaf still hasn't struck a neutral balance.
No reason to tolerate either extremist. Get em out.

Man you're still on about that shit and spewing BS. You were clearly told that the thing being discussed was the nordic model (aka nordic capitalism or nordic social democracy) when it comes implementing certain social policies for the welfare of its citizens.
JordanN
Junior Member
(12-02-2017, 01:28 AM)
JordanN's Avatar

Originally Posted by i-Lo

Man you're still on about that shit and spewing BS.

Doesn't matter, I want the communists gone.

They're doing a disservice to what otherwise could still be a perfectly normal website. But if I still have to enter discussions where anyone who isn't your purest strain of liberal is called a nazi/alt-right/racist etc, it's quite clear they're dragging discussion quality down.

Given the other site isn't afraid to host Socialists on their board while quickly pouncing on anything they suspect as "alt-right", Neogaf could be the better forum and denounce both extremist politics.
OniBarubary
Banned
(12-02-2017, 01:42 AM)

Originally Posted by JordanN

Doesn't matter, I want the communists gone.

They're doing a disservice to what otherwise could still be a perfectly normal website. But if I still have to enter discussions where anyone who isn't your purest strain of liberal is called a nazi/alt-right/racist etc, it's quite clear they're dragging discussion quality down.

Given the other site isn't afraid to host Socialists on their board while quickly pouncing on anything they suspect as "alt-right", Neogaf could be the better forum and denounce both extremist politics.

Every time you bring up boogeymen who have angered or wronged you in some way you can't even get the accuracy of their statements or arguments against you remotely right, like whenever someone talks you hear the Peanuts parent's voice because you literally cannot even comprehend what people who are significantly more intelligent than you (in the sense that a normal human being is more intelligent than dog shit scraped off the bottom of a shoe) are saying. You make up windmills to thrust your spear into, arguments that no one but yourself is having with empty air and pigeon-hole anyone against you into "socialistis and commies" which is what you claim they do to you because if you were projecting any harder I could shove film stock up your ass and charge people to watch movies on the side of a fucking dam you inglorious, up your own ass, tit.
Syphon Filter
Member
(12-02-2017, 01:42 AM)
Syphon Filter's Avatar
It's surreal how dead it is here now. I liked the different communities and members and learned a lot over the years. Not the same anymore sadly.
BibiMaghoo
Member
(12-02-2017, 01:42 AM)
BibiMaghoo's Avatar

Originally Posted by JordanN

I think Evilore needs to extend a policy that forbids Communists. .

Originally Posted by JordanN

Doesn't matter, I want the communists gone.

I don't think you understand what this means. Please point me to a single communist post or poster on this board. Thanks.
Ubername
Member
(12-02-2017, 01:43 AM)
Ubername's Avatar

Originally Posted by BibiMaghoo

I don't think you understand what this means. Please point me to a single communist post or poster on this board. Thanks.

I think he might be kidding
David___
Member
(12-02-2017, 01:45 AM)
David___'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Ubername

I think he might be kidding

Oh no, he isn't
Blam
Member
(12-02-2017, 01:47 AM)
Blam's Avatar
If we want to stop the alt-right shit then we should probably get more mods sooner then later.
OniBarubary
Banned
(12-02-2017, 01:48 AM)
Jordan doesn't have a sense of humor; that was just a conspiracy by the alt-left to discredit him by likening him to the communists and socialists who regularly laugh at him and he's nothing like them.
Euphor!a
Banned
(12-02-2017, 01:51 AM)

Originally Posted by JordanN

Doesn't matter, I want the communists gone.

They're doing a disservice to what otherwise could still be a perfectly normal website. But if I still have to enter discussions where anyone who isn't your purest strain of liberal is called a nazi/alt-right/racist etc, it's quite clear they're dragging discussion quality down.

Given the other site isn't afraid to host Socialists on their board while quickly pouncing on anything they suspect as "alt-right", Neogaf could be the better forum and denounce both extremist politics.

Suspect?

You already said you support the alt-right.
i-Lo
Member
(12-02-2017, 01:55 AM)
i-Lo's Avatar

Originally Posted by JordanN

Doesn't matter, I want the communists gone.

They're doing a disservice to what otherwise could still be a perfectly normal website. But if I still have to enter discussions where anyone who isn't your purest strain of liberal is called a nazi/alt-right/racist etc, it's quite clear they're dragging discussion quality down.

Given the other site isn't afraid to host Socialists on their board while quickly pouncing on anything they suspect as "alt-right", Neogaf could be the better forum and denounce both extremist politics.

Aren't you projecting here? Because last I checked, you automatically go to the "communism" and "socialism" defense highlighting failed dictatorial governments and label people as such whenever they'd bring up the shortcomings of capitalism. And even when they don't you somehow manage to drag that topic into a political thread via passive aggressive means.

I am unsurprised given your history of posts in the thread about FCC and net neutrality which portrayed profound naivete.
Euphor!a
Banned
(12-02-2017, 01:56 AM)

Originally Posted by i-Lo

Aren't you projecting here? Because last I checked, you automatically go to the "communism" and "socialism" defense highlighting failed dictatorial governments and label people as such whenever they'd bring up the shortcomings of capitalism.

I am unsurprised given your history of posts in the thread about FCC and net neutrality which portrayed profound naivete.

That is a very generous description. I would go with ignorant piece of shit, personally.
BibiMaghoo
Member
(12-02-2017, 02:00 AM)
BibiMaghoo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ubername

I think he might be kidding

Originally Posted by David___

Oh no, he isn't

JordanN
Junior Member
(12-02-2017, 02:01 AM)
JordanN's Avatar

Originally Posted by i-Lo

Aren't you projecting here? Because last I checked, you automatically go to the "communism" and "socialism" defense highlighting failed dictatorial governments and label people as such whenever they'd bring up the shortcomings of capitalism. And even when they don't you somehow manage to drag that topic into a political thread via passive aggressive means.

I am unsurprised given your history of posts in the thread about FCC and net neutrality which portrayed profound naivete.

I'm already being called alt-right in this very thread.

No one but the very far-leftists would use that label disingenuously, when it's pretty clear I'm a centrist/libertarian myself.

When I say Socialist governments fail, I laugh at the people who must rush in to say "but it wasn't real socialism!". No statement that condemns Socialism should piss people off unless again, they share sympathies for it.
The other site is already infected by it, Neogaf doesn't need them here.
Euphor!a
Banned
(12-02-2017, 02:03 AM)

Originally Posted by JordanN

I'm already being called alt-right in this very thread.

No one but the very far-leftists would use that label disingenuously, when it's pretty clear I'm a centrist/libertarian myself.

When I say Socialist governments fail, I laugh at the people who must in rush to say "but it wasn't real socialism!". No statement that condemns Socialism should piss people off unless again, they share sympathies for it.
The other site is already infected by it, Neogaf doesn't need them here.

You admitted to being alt-right.
McFads1
Junior Member
(12-02-2017, 02:03 AM)
I think as any community gets too big it becomes toxic.

I think by following a subreddit, you'll notice something like this happen.


and yeah less dogs less fleas, I get that, but I think because the community got smaller, people's opinions are worth more around here too, and easier to moderate.

plus it's always nice for gaf to have some competition & improve on the website in general
daman824
Member
(12-02-2017, 02:05 AM)
daman824's Avatar

Originally Posted by JordanN

I'm already being called alt-right in this very thread.

No one but the very far-leftists would use that label disingenuously, when it's pretty clear I'm a centrist/libertarian myself.

When I say Socialist governments fail, I laugh at the people who must in rush to say "but it wasn't real socialism!". No statement that condemns Socialism should piss people off unless again, they share sympathies for it.
The other site is already infected by it, Neogaf doesn't need them here.

Your true colors really came out after all of this. I felt bad when I saw screencaps of your posts getting trashed on voat and other sites. But Jesus Christ dude you need to get it together. I don’t know if anyone takes you seriously anymore. You’re trying to cape for the right, but they just see you as a joke. And now you’re starting to get trashed here too
Euphor!a
Banned
(12-02-2017, 02:05 AM)

Originally Posted by McFads1

I think as any community gets too big it becomes toxic.

I think by following a subreddit, you'll notice something like this happen.


and yeah less dogs less fleas, I get that, but I think because the community got smaller, people's opinions are worth more around here too, and easier to moderate.

plus it's always nice for gaf to have some competition & improve on the website in general

You must not be paying attention with an opinion like this...
i-Lo
Member
(12-02-2017, 02:12 AM)
i-Lo's Avatar

Originally Posted by JordanN

I'm already being called alt-right in this very thread.

No one but the very far-leftists would use that label disingenuously, when it's pretty clear I'm a centrist/libertarian myself.

When I say Socialist governments fail, I laugh at the people who must in rush to say "but it wasn't real socialism!". No statement that condemns Socialism should piss people off unless again, they share sympathies for it.
The other site is already infected by it, Neogaf doesn't need them here.

You have been called "alt-righter" because you equated them with the far left which is profoundly false.

The far left subscribes to certain ideas that can lead to anarchy but the far-right is the progenitor of alt right and their ideology has already been practiced and its effects witnessed by the entire world in the form of Nazism and institutionalized racism.
JordanN
Junior Member
(12-02-2017, 02:17 AM)
JordanN's Avatar

Originally Posted by i-Lo

You have been called "alt-righter" because you equated them with the far left which is profoundly false.

Far Left and Far Right are both dangerous.

Soviet Union, North Korea, China, Kampuchea etc all Socialist governments that killed millions.
i-Lo
Member
(12-02-2017, 02:28 AM)
i-Lo's Avatar

Originally Posted by JordanN

Far Left and Far Right are both dangerous.

Soviet Union, North Korea, China, Kampuchea etc all Socialist governments that killed millions.

After doing a little reading it looks like you're talking about economic models. And I am talking about identity politics, access to information, personal freedom (within reason) when it comes left and right.

OT: I am a firm believer in capitalism with checks and balances because simply put capitalism closely resembles the "survival" portion of our human nature as it ascribes to hoarding. To have disparity is to be part of functioning society.
Euphor!a
Banned
(12-02-2017, 02:36 AM)

Originally Posted by i-Lo

After doing a little reading it looks like you're talking about economic models. And I am talking about identity politics, access to information, personal freedom (within reason) when it comes left and right.

OT: I am a firm believer in capitalism with checks and balances because simply put capitalism closely resembles the "survival" portion of our human nature as it ascribes to hoarding. To have disparity is to be part of functioning society.

Yes, after some digging you'll find he is economically ignorant and socially idiotic.
JordanN
Junior Member
(12-02-2017, 02:39 AM)
JordanN's Avatar

Originally Posted by i-Lo

After doing a little reading it looks like you're talking about economic models. And I am talking about identity politics, access to information, personal freedom (within reason) when it comes left and right.

Socialist societies have been frequently linked to authoritarianism.
Why do you think China or the USSR are the way they are? It's not just because of money, they believe the government need to personally control people as well.
Sinfamy
Member
(12-02-2017, 02:43 AM)
Sinfamy's Avatar
There are basket weaving forums with more active users then OT GAF now.
Sub Boss
Member
(12-02-2017, 02:45 AM)
Sub Boss's Avatar
Its because its a wasteland
rashbeep
Member
(12-02-2017, 02:49 AM)
rashbeep's Avatar

Originally Posted by JordanN

I think Evilore needs to extend a policy that forbids Communists. Their mark on history is just as damaging as Fascism has been and seeing people defend the likes of Socialist countries

ok ok this is definitely a troll
HStallion
Now what's the next step in your master plan?
(12-02-2017, 02:59 AM)
HStallion's Avatar

Originally Posted by rashbeep

ok ok this is definitely a troll

Hey if Joseph McCarthy wants a place on these forums he's welcome to it

Thread Tools