• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DigitalFoundry: RotTR Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro First Look Graphics Comaprison

quest

Not Banned from OT
Those are some damn sharp textures on XBX alright. Probably the bigger upgrade over Pro than the resolution, at least in this game.

A lot of us said this when the amount of ram was confirmed. Those 4k assets will make comparisons easy for any game that supports them. I really hope every developer that uses 4k assets in pc version uses them in the project scorpio version.

Head.spawn

How many DF vids are there on this game now? I was already one of if not the most covered game on the channel before but it's got to be way in front now.

There will be at least two or three more no doubt when Xbox One X releases or if they manage to get their hands on hardware to analyse it properly.

-quick look
-performance analysis
-face-off (Xbox One v Xbox One X)
-face-off (Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro vs PC)

Pretty much the same as they did with PS4 Pro.

Theorry

Why the hell did no big company pick up Nixxes yet? Are the locked to Square Enix?
Or maybe they dont want to offcourse.

c0de

How many DF vids are there on this game now? I was already one of if not the most covered game on the channel before but it's got to be way in front now.

It's justified, though. It has been tailored around specific platforms like no game before.
Xbox One
PC
PS4
PS4 pro
Xbox One X

c0de

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt :D

Look at all the tweets. It reads as an amalgamation of everything you would read on forums here over and over again.
I can understand trying to appeal to a certain fan base but then don't try to present yourself as objective.

onQ123

What is going on in this clip/shot with the hair?

Is it a different level of TressFX or something? In this part the Xbox One X side reacting to the wind blowing, PS4 Pro side seems to be rigid here for some reason.

She has a Chia Pet hat just add water & hair grow out of it

Detective

Look at all the tweets. It reads as an amalgamation of everything you would read on forums here over and over again.
I can understand trying to appeal to a certain fan base but then don't try to present yourself as objective.

Yeah , I saw that.

Seriously embarrassing.

Objective my ass.

Isn't that like directly trolling?

Duderino

People do realize depth of field, alpha overdraw, and post effects become exponentially more expensive with higher resolutions, right?

No suprizes here, something probably had to give. Maybe they can implement a lower quality dof in the future or have dynamic resolution scaling lessen the load.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
I just updated the OP with an example where Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and PC are compared.

Enjoy!

7XphzqI.png

WTF is this blurry mess on pc shot? mine does not look this shitty...

Mauddib

Banned
Can't believe the amount of people that were trying to downplay Microsoft's discussion on 4k textures. I mean, sure they were using a pretty dumb term to explain a complex concept, but they were clearly on to something.

Detective

Can't believe the amount of people that were trying to downplay Microsoft's discussion on 4k textures. I mean, sure they were using a pretty dumb term to explain a complex concept, but they were clearly on to something.

I think the result will speak for itself :)

Can't wait to get my hands on it.

longdi

Banned
Sony should feel ashamed of themselves! Pro? More like Poor.
Drop your Pro to $329 before XBX launch or get your blurry ass handed to you!

Im curious, do you have a normal PS4 screenshots btw?

Lt-47

People do realize depth of field, alpha overdraw, and post effects become exponentially more expensive with higher resolutions, right?

No suprizes here, something probably had to give. Maybe they can implement a lower quality dof in the future or have dynamic resolution scaling lessen the load.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if the 4K mode doesn't have DoF in the final version (despite the fact that it's pretty low quality DoF compared to other games). It's probably there in the other graphic modes

c0de

I'm waiting for the Halo 5 comparison. That one should be a real doozy if they bother to upgrade the textures significantly.

The thing I look mostly forward to is "boost" mode. I want to see what the X can do with vanilla games, unpatched. Please DF, do that for us. And of course also the patch 😃

So true....

Of course, it could also be that the game is 2.5 months from launch and a build looking this good already means that there is even more they can add.

killroy87

The thing I look mostly forward to is "boost" mode. I want to see what the X can do with vanilla games, unpatched. Please DF, do that for us. And of course also the patch 😃

I don't think DF needs to be coerced into doing more comparison videos lol. It's their bread and butter

Ryse would of been a interesting update, didn't like the gameplay but the visuals were pretty awesome at times. And I hope Sunset Overdrive gets the love it deserves at some point.

jelly

I'm waiting for the Halo 5 comparison. That one should be a real doozy if they bother to upgrade the textures significantly.

I remember someone posting 343 aren't doing that. Have to wait and see, hopefully the animation change for enemies in the short, long distance is improved and full resolution and frame rate at all times with nice AA and AF is a given.

Josman

Surely the 1X looks better but there is so much hyperbole, being realistic for the average consumer this is not a $100 difference at all and that's a position MS can't afford to be in.

I get why they did it though, a $400 PS4 pro would be a better choice vs a $400 1X released 1 year later. If Sony reacts with a price drop MS will too so I'd wait until 2018.

Colbert

Banned
I remember someone posting 343 aren't doing that. Have to wait and see, hopefully the animation change for enemies in the short, long distance is improved and full resolution and frame rate at all times with nice AA and AF is a given.

You are misinformed. They do texture updates.

f@luS

More than a member.
Ryse would of been a interesting update, didn't like the gameplay but the visuals were pretty awesome at times. And I hope Sunset Overdrive gets the love it deserves at some point.
I hope but game didn't sell enough

I am halfway thanks GOG and it's a bit too blurry

I think you are wrong, the Pro vs X1X comparison is much more relevant because both these platforms are selling to the same crowd, the core console gamer. Not to mention that the difference in power is much smaller than Wii to 360.

But one console is priced at £450, the other £330.

Is it £120 worth of difference is what consumers will be thinking.

Fredrik

Oh wow that's just insanity. Can't believe I'm actually going to jump from PC to console on this game. Nixxes are wizards.

Let's not forget though that this is a rather old game and it remains to be seen how it will be for the games releasing this holiday. I mean for starters ACO is not native 4K on Xbox One X. So I wonder if we're going to be seeing differences like here in Rise of the Tomb Raider also in upcoming games.

Tyaren

Haven't other games had improved textures on PRO though? Pretty sure at least FF15 does.

I think FFXV has better anisotropic filtering on Pro but the textures are the same. Could be wrong though :)

FFXV on Pro uses on top of much better texture filtering also improved textures in some places.

There's more texture to the tarmac and a little bit of gleaming wetness added here.

The ornament on the floor has more three-dimensionality and gleam to it.

jeffram

There's obviously more work happening on this game that the onex is the lone beneficiary of. It'll interesting to see games that come out day and date together across PS4 pro, PC, and one x.

There's no excuse for one x games to run better than pc. It would lead one to believe there's favouratism at play.

Top Bottom