• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So....Terrace House (Boys and Girls in the City) on Netflix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read the thread because I don't want to get spoiled...

This Hayato dude seems kinda creepy.
Only two episodes in he's hitting hard on Riko. And all the talk about how he likes pure women...urgh...

Overall I'm enjoying the show. I don't want it to end.

Also: Handa is awesome.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I haven't read the thread because I don't want to get spoiled...

This Hayato dude seems kinda creepy.
Only two episodes in he's hitting hard on Riko. And all the talk about how he likes pure women...urgh...

Overall I'm enjoying the show. I don't want it to end.

Also: Handa is awesome.

Just you wait.

Blablurn

Looking back one of the most funny character transformations was the one from Uchi.

First

"I will try all of you, until I find someone to bang"

Then

"Let me cry, you ate my meat, wae wae"

Finished it over the weekend. Prosecutor Byrnes has the same hair as Edgeworth.

So, is anyone going to make an OT for Aloha State? I hope Arman at least gets to make some cameos.

And watching the previews with the new people speaking English is weird.

Looking back one of the most funny character transformations was the one from Uchi.

First

"I will try all of you, until I find someone to bang"

Then

"Let me cry, you ate my meat, wae wae"
Real talk, I'd be damn pissed if I had that much Hida-gyu and didn't get to eat any of it. That stuff isn't cheap!

EDIT: Nevermind. I found the OT.

number11

I always skim over this thread wondering what the hell this is. Ended up watching the first episode and I'm officially hooked.

valeu

i'm on season 2: episode 26. I've loved this show and a lot of the cast - Uchi and Minori (and her sister), Arman, Hikaru, Nacchan has grown on me. Not sure about Mr. Perfect. From the wiki page there will be 5 more to join. I'm curious.

vanty

i'm on season 2: episode 26. I've loved this show and a lot of the cast - Uchi and Minori (and her sister), Arman, Hikaru, Nacchan has grown on me. Not sure about Mr. Perfect. From the wiki page there will be 5 more to join. I'm curious.

Unfortunately, the best one in the house only joins several episodes before the end.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
bruh

Fuji TV is going to broadcast a 3-week special replaying some of the best parts of the last season:

Nov 7/14/21 @ 24:55~25:25
http://www.fujitv.co.jp/b_hp/terrace-house3/index.html

Translation: To celebrate the launch of the Hawaiian season, we will play back the turbulent Tokyo season for 3 weeks in a row! On the second night, the gal who created the most trouble will be put on the hot seat! We will also look back at the shocking "meat incident"!

vanty

Byrnes lolslslasll

The only interesting thing about him was getting his hair cut by the Backstreet Boys.

Martha all day.

Zekes!

Just got to the part where Byrnes
calls Riko and Hayato out. I get them being annoyed with them sneaking around and saying one thing and doing another, but I didn't like how they were getting all up in their business about the state of the relationship and essentially shaming them for being "friends with benefits". Like, mind your own business.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Just got to the part where Byrnes
calls Riko and Hayato out. I get them being annoyed with them sneaking around and saying one thing and doing another, but I didn't like how they were getting all up in their business about the state of the relationship and essentially shaming them for being "friends with benefits". Like, mind your own business.

He was
shaming them for sleeping around with each other but rather for lying to the whole house about their relationship. The 4 have been giving the 2 advice on their relationship under the preteens that they're still not together but knowing the truth changes everything. Like Byrnes says, are they going to pretend and continue to give advice? That's the part that disturbs them, not the fooling around.

Zekes!

He was
shaming them for sleeping around with each other but rather for lying to the whole house about their relationship. The 4 have been giving the 2 advice on their relationship under the preteens that they're still not together but knowing the truth changes everything. Like Byrnes says, are they going to pretend and continue to give advice? That's the part that disturbs them, not the fooling around.

Yeah I got that much and I agree,
but it definitely felt like him and Misaki were casting judgement on them for kissing and sleeping together even though they weren't in a relationship. Maybe I need to rewatch it, but I definitely got that vibe towards the 2nd half of the conversation. It's one thing for them to call them out for sneaking around and lying, but it felt like they were prodding a little too deep into their relationship. I dunno, that whole thing rubbed me the wrong way.

Hayato is a dick tho

kai3345

Banned
Sorry for the ancient bump, but I just finished this show tonight. Somebody was cutting onions the entire finale ;_;

This was such a great show. Apart from Amazing Race, I've pretty much written off the entire reality TV genre, but this show was truly something special. I became attached to and invested in pretty much every member of the house.

Was glad to finally see my dude Arman have something go his way in the end. Dude had the worst luck throughout the entire show (even
getting hit by a fucking car! holy shit!
)

The official Top 5 ranking:

1) Arman
2) Hansan
3) Mizuki
4) Martha
5) Yuki

Can't wait to watch the new Hawaii season in a few days. Hoping Arman makes an appearance.

Binged the whole series over the holidays while I had a free Netflix trial. There's something so addictive about the unassuming manner of the show.

Adree

Sorry for the ancient bump, but I just finished this show tonight. Somebody was cutting onions the entire finale ;_;

This was such a great show. Apart from Amazing Race, I've pretty much written off the entire reality TV genre, but this show was truly something special. I became attached to and invested in pretty much every member of the house.

Was glad to finally see my dude Arman have something go his way in the end. Dude had the worst luck throughout the entire show (even
)

1) Arman
2) Hansan
3) Mizuki
4) Martha
5) Yuki

Can't wait to watch the new Hawaii season in a few days. Hoping Arman makes an appearance.

Arman won in the end. I did wonder about halfway through if the producers were just gonna kick him out since the entire cast had rotated out like 3x by then.

rainz

Such an underrated/unknown show!
Arman is indeed the man, funny to see his public facebook posts haha, I may have stalked him for a moment to see what he is really like/up to and whether he is with a certain girl anymore.

Hanging out for Aloha and glad to see Arman getting paid to help them out I believe!

)

1) Arman
2) Hansan
3) Mizuki
4) Martha
5) Yuki

I agree! I actually felt really bad for Mizuki! She was my favorite girl all throughout, but
never seemed to have much success. Guys would be interested in her then go for worse girls (and it wouldn't even work out with them)

Koozek

Wait, that new Aloha season is on Netflix already? Just randomly saw it while browsing the recently added stuff. How is it? Is it only with Japanese-Hawaiians, or are they just using Hawaii as the vacation spot for the Japanese participants?

Wait, that new Aloha season is on Netflix already? Just randomly saw it while browsing the recently added stuff. How is it? Is it only with Japanese-Hawaiians, or are they just using Hawaii as the vacation spot for the Japanese participants?

Both. At least one character on there was from Japan and barely spoke english, but they all speak Japanese 90% of the time

Yo. I love this show. I'm at episode 39 and I can't stop watching. Although I'm not a big fan of that dude going hard on Riko. Arman is the best and I almost teared when he had that moment with Hikaru. Thanks for putting me on to the show GAF.

Blablurn

Yo. I love this show. I'm at episode 39 and I can't stop watching. Although I'm not a big fan of that dude going hard on Riko. Arman is the best and I almost teared when he had that moment with Hikaru. Thanks for putting me on to the show GAF.

Those seasons you are watching are the best! I seriously consider rewatching them. Arman is da real MVP.

I'm on episode 22 and all I want is Mizuki back!!!!! I felt so damn bad for her, she seemed like the nicest and cutest person from all of the cast but nobody seemed to be interested in her and anytime she was interested in a guy someone else came in and swooped them up. It made it so much worse when Mizuki told Arisa that she was interested in Arman and when he tells her about his feelings Arisa basically says "Nah, I'm just kidding." WTF, Mizuki just left because of you!

Mizuki > all

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
going to Japan this Fall... been on a kick reading/watching/playing a bunch of Japanese stuff now.

so what's the verdict on this? the only reality show i've ever liked is vanderpump rules w/ my wife.

i like that it's available to download - will be easy to watch on the subway

Blablurn

going to Japan this Fall... been on a kick reading/watching/playing a bunch of Japanese stuff now.

so what's the verdict on this? the only reality show i've ever liked is vanderpump rules w/ my wife.

i like that it's available to download - will be easy to watch on the subway

Just watch it. The first episode is a little calm since they are just getting in, and everyone is super shy, but once they are all there, it's a great trip forward.

Waaaatch it.

Funny, I started watching it today and really like it.
Those people there are calm, yet friendly and funny. I like them and the whole style way more than this Big Brother-garbage in the west.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I saw Byrnes at Shibuya station today and it took everything I had not to be like "YOU THE MVP BYRNES!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom