• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do people get a notification if you download pictures off their facebook album?

jerry113

Banned
Hey all,

Does anyone know the answer? I hope to god the answer is "no" or else I may just have creeped out multiple acquaintances.

Sarobi

Banned
Yep they know. Facebook even tells them how long you looked at the pictures before downloading them
They don't know you downloaded them

Gattsu25

Banned
Did you download them from the website? If so then you are fine as long as you didn't download from the mobile app.

FUME5

Yo, Creepy McCreeperson, start tagging yourself in her photos, even if you're not in them!

More effective than a crown of sonnets any day.

Snaku

Banned
Wn6Jv7T.gif

taco543

Just post a status on faceboook saying: "Hey did any of you get a notification that I downloaded your pictures?"

Nightfall

It largely depends on your settings.

You can either get a weekly summary, which lists your pictures along with a no. of downloads and the names of said downloaders.
Or you can get instant notifications on picture downloads.

I found those instant notifications rather annoying, but the weekly summary is a bit late. I wish Facebook'd implement some more options like daily notifications or such.
Though I think I remember reading somewhere that they're updating their SDK so IFTTT can catch up on that.

Would be the best option imho. So you could accumulate all the info in a handy Google Docs spreadsheet.

Hey guys. Look. Don't shame. We've all in moments of weakness creeped FB posts of our crushes/dumb college chicks we barely know/love of our lives if she only gave us a chance, right?

That said...just..don't download pictures of other people man...

Tangentially related, but, it's cute that people feel so secure in their ability to send stuff on Snapchat feeling that they "know" whether or not someone took a screenshot of it, when the ability to duplicate a cellphone screen on a PC and do a PrintScreen of the cellphone screen is a thing.

Just saying.

Some girl recently admitted she fapped to some of my FB pics but I didn't get a notification when the fappening occurred so I'm gonna say no. Unless of course she was polite enough to fap directly on FB. Hmm... 🤔

Some girl recently admitted she fapped to some of my FB pics but I didn't get a notification when the fappening occurred so I'm gonna say no. Unless of course she was polite enough to fap directly on FB. Hmm... 🤔

Yeah, it'll send them a notification if you stay on any one picture for longer than 30 seconds, since if you do, they'll figure that you're masturbating to it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The real question is whether you are in any of these photos

Most girls I know have a extension installed on Facebook that alerts them of people doing this. They don't talk about it most of the time because they don't want to seem vain or insecure, but it's there.

I got catalogs of these photos. Perfectly normal to not want to sift through 5 years of facebook photos to get to the ones you like.

Keep in mind Facebook tracks vibrations through your computer mic and notifies the owner of the photos if the vibrations match one of the crowd sourced fapping patterns.

Top Bottom