• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Huge Marvel Comics Digital Sale on Amazon - lots of stuff 90% off

Are the Straczynski Spider-Man TPBs worth picking up? I stepped away from comics right before his run started so I never got to read them. I've always heard it was good and heard some major things happened during it. (Like the divorce for example)
I got the first three volumes the last time this sale happened and I liked them. I think it gets better after volume 1.
Crazy good sale.

And people need to get on the Simonson Thor stuff ASAP. A truly godly run.
Aye.

finally i get to clean up my wish list, comic wise at least, would be nice to get this kind of deals for manga

is there a good batman, something a la injustice batman or maybe punisher max?

i know it is dc but i see a lot of dc stuff on sale right now

Aizo

Banned
Just one more reminder, everyone. This book cannot be skipped. It's incredible. I think I may have never been so moved by an American comic before.
yes, yes, yes

5190694-0+vision2015007_dc11-0.jpg

Kwixotik

My girl wants comic recommendations. She isn't very well versed in comics. I think she's read probably Astonishing X-Men, some X-Force, and 1/3 of Saga. That's about it.

She says her favorite superheroes are Spiderman and X-Men.

Any recommendations?

Aizo

Banned
My girl wants comic recommendations. She isn't very well versed in comics. I think she's read probably Astonishing X-Men, some X-Force, and 1/3 of Saga. That's about it.

She says her favorite superheroes are Spiderman and X-Men.

Any recommendations?

Look through the thread, because there have been a lot of recs for Spiderman and X-Men books~

hiro_x

I'm holding off from buying, I think comixology unlimited is better?

can anyone give feedback on unlimited?

DeathPeak

I'm a little overwhelmed by Ultimate Spider Man. There's Ultimate Spider Man, Ultimate Comics Spider Man, then Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider Man, and Spider Men. Buy it all are do issues cross over between some of the collections?

XShagrath

I'm holding off from buying, I think comixology unlimited is better?

can anyone give feedback on unlimited?

I haven't used Comixology Unlimited, but it seems that it is actually very limited, and only gives you the first couple volumes of various series. Just enough to get you hooked into wanting to continue on, and forcing you to buy the rest. The advantage here is that it's not just Marvel stuff.

Marvel Unlimited is probably a much better deal (although obviously only Marvel titles). It's got pretty much everything listed here, and is six months behind on new issues. With 20,000+ issues available though, that's not a problem for me.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Connect a comixology account to a Amazon US one. Everything you buy will end up there.

My main Amazon account is already linked to my Comixology... I'm assuming this is based on your delivery location? So I should make a dupe Amazon account that's set in the US?

Sucks that I can't use my own account for this, I don't get this restriction based on location...

KQIYi8M.png

SomTervo

I'm slightly confused by how this Kindle business works.

I go to the Amazon page of the book I want (UK).

I click 'Buy now' with the drop-down going to 'Send to my Kindle' or whatever.

... then nothing. It doesn't seem to charge me. It just appears in my Kindle list.

When do I pay??? Does it all get invoiced at once?

Metalmarc

I'm slightly confused by how this Kindle business works.

I go to the Amazon page of the book I want (UK).

I click 'Buy now' with the drop-down going to 'Send to my Kindle' or whatever.

... then nothing. It doesn't seem to charge me. It just appears in my Kindle list.

When do I pay??? Does it all get invoiced at once?

Its auto pay, no basket, check your orders you will see wher you have been charged

tip if you dont want a lot of transactions on your card, buy top ups on amazon, say you wanna limited yourself to £20, £30 or whatever, make sure the amount you want is correct tho before topping, top up your amazon account with £20 in the gift card but top up sections, then it takes money off this first and then no multiple transactions on your bank card leading them to block your card, need more just top up more.

I did this cos i kept buying loads of volumes last time, hell they are so cheap, i mustve ordered 20 books in one day and my bank freaked out by so many transactions in one day they thought my card was being misued (yeah by me haha) so i had to ring my bank, at least with the top up method its fewer transactions if that makes sense? As your bank card is only paying the top up amounts, as opposed to every single book.

SomTervo

Its auto pay, no basket, check your orders you will see wher you have been charged

tip if you dont want a lot of transactions on your card, buy top ups on amazon, say you wanna limited yourself to £20, £30 or whatever, make sure the amount you want is correct tho before topping, top up your amazon account with £20 in the gift card but top up sections, then it takes money off this first and then no multiple transactions on your bank card leading them to block your card, need more just top up more.

Yeah I saw somebody say that earlier in the thread - pretty crazy that the payment just comes right out. Hope my bank doesn't flip.

Thanks!

Alright Y'all,

Here's what I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on so far:

X-Men: Dark Phoenix Saga
X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills
Captain Marvel
World War Hulk
Wolverine: Weapon X
Thor Visionaries: Walter Simonson
Runaways
Infinity Gauntlet
Thanos Quest
Infinity
Marvel 1602
Astonishing X-Men
Uncanny X-Force
Ultimate Spider-Man
Vision
Hawkeye
Hickman's F4-FF Run
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Beats Up The Marvel Universe
Nextwave: Agents of HATE
The Mighty Thor (Lady Thor Arc)
Unworthy Thor
Black Panther: The Man Without Fear
Slott's Superior Siper-Man Run
Spider-Gwen

Add some more recs now or forever hold your peace. Might add more Cosmic stuff too if I can afford it.
Get Bendis' Daredevil run. It's amazing. Like 60 issues for 15 bucks.

Picked up Gwenpool and Squirrel Girl. Really enjoying Gwenpool, and I used the freebie on Squirrel Girl. The art in it gets a little weird at times, but it's pretty good otherwise!

Any other recommendations like that? I also enjoy Ms.Marvel but I'm probably just gonna get those trades physical.

Metalmarc

I bought Spiderverse last night, the one with 600+ pages for £5 and then i realised it didnt have edge of the universe for £1.80 i think thats about 700-800 pages of spiderman that wouldve cost closer to £70 without this sale

Those epic collections look good also 200-500 pages for £3-5 ish of the older comics, thats insane.

even if some of these dont turn out super awesome the fact they are so cheap does not matter, if i went to the store and saw the same books for 70p - £5 id snap them up regardless.

But im on a stop for now, heh.

Metalmarc

It's already done... 38 Amazon notifications

Whew lol good luck with the bank, just tell them yeah its you if your card has problems in a day or two, thats what i had to do, but different banks act differently, also in my case my bank was on alert due to having a problem a few years ago, so its just the bank being proactive in my case.

Alright now I'm done. Got Daredevil: Born Again with the free book. That one-click buy man. Too easy.

I just did ge exact same thing with the exact same book.

As soon as I saw David Mazzuchelli did the art, I had to. I haven't been up on comics lately, much more so when I was younger, but if anyone in here gets a chance, READ Asterios Polyp by him (written and illustrated.)

It is incredible, front to back.

AdamT

Started reading Alias: Jessica Jones last night before bed. Next thing you know, its past midnight and I'm on volume 3. Really enjoyed the story so far. Thanks for the commendation.

Also if you have an Amazon store card (I have their Chase card) they'll bundle the purchases themselves so you don't have to worry about it.

Grabbed Moon Knight 3. Thanks. Releasing collections immediately into this sale is an interesting strategy.

I bought Spiderverse last night, the one with 600+ pages for £5 and then i realised it didnt have edge of the universe for £1.80 i think thats about 700-800 pages of spiderman that wouldve cost closer to £70 without this sale

Can you link to edge of the universe, can't seem to find it. Had spiderverse from the last sale.

Edit: Thanks hodayathink

TehOh

Current haul:
Daredevil by Bendis vol 1-3
Daredevil by Miller
Thor by Simonson vol 1-4
Thor Goddess of Thunder vol 1-2
Mighty Thor vol 1-4
Thor: God of Thunder vol 1-4
The Unworthy Thor
Power Man & Iron Fist vol 2-3
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl vol 4-5
Marvel 1602 (I have this in hardcover, but kinda want to reread digitally)
(bought all of the main Brubaker Captain America run last time, but to fill out the collection:)
Winter Soldier vol 1-4
Captain America & Bucky vol 1-2
Steve Rodgers: Super Soldier

Total: $84.60

And I still haven't quite finished everything from the last sale! I should probably stop.

Part of me wants to get in on this as I've been wanting to break into comics, but all I've got is a kindle paperwhite which I have to imagine kinda sucks for this.

Top Bottom