• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RumorAge - E3 Infos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
I will be happy with Nintendo's E3 if they reveal Pikmin 3.

If they don't, then they suck harder than usual and Wii sucks still, even more though!

Vision Red sounds awesome, though.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I saw this on IGN a while ago this is fake as hell. Sure it be nice to have great Wii graphics in a lot of titles but so far the proof contradicts the claims this person is making. Nice to see people back to the usual bs of hyping zealot dreams in the hopes of a good dicussion.

Eteric Rice

Pfft, he's just going off of stuff we already know about. We already know that there's a new Animal Crossing and Mario Kart in the works.

Same with Zelda, we already know there's a new Zelda in the works.

As for Red Eye or whatever the hell, bullshit.

PerkeyMan

You've seen nothin yet. Interview with Shigeru Miyamoto:

KK -- Katsuaki Kato
SM -- Shigeru Miyamoto

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KK: You may not know the name Shigeru Miyamoto, but I guarantee you know his babies - Super Mario, Donkey Kong and many more.
Without his characters - and without Miyamoto - Nintendo would almost certainly not be what it is today: a super power in the cut-throat world of computer games. But we are not here today to talk so much about Nintendo's history, but more to emphasize the future of Nintendo.
Miyamoto took some time of his day to talk to, and play with, Famitsu.

KK: Mr Miyamoto welcome to Famitsu Weekly! Now many people would say that you've got this dream job, you get to design games every day and you also get paid for it at the end as well. We now a bit about your history, so please take us through your and Nintendo's future.

SM: As you surely know, I am deeply involved in the Super Mario Galaxy project, so that obviously takes up much of my time. But I do find myself as well discussing the Wii and its position right now. Mr Iwata and I have for example got us involved in a quite special new project lately, but I can not say more about that right now. Apart from that, I am also preparing a bit for our coming expos. Doing my usual swimming and working in my garden keeps me focused. I have also built a small training course in our backyard, for our dog, so that keeps me focused too. Many things I have to keep track of.

KK: Since you in your nice speech at GDC spoke heavily about the "Wifeometer", I thought I could take the opportunity to ask how Mrs Miyamoto is doing.

SM: Mrs Miyamoto is doing fine. We are planning in next week to actually renew our marriage vows, so she is very excited about that. I am too of course. I have found this beautiful flower ceremony which I am going to have on our "party". But please dont tell, she doesn't know yet. Apart from that we are just doing fine.

KK: That sounds lovely. But now to Nintendo and what you are planning to do next. For example, Electronic Entertainment Expo has been pushed back to July this year, do you still plan to attend the expo?

SM: Of course we are going to attend E3. That show is very important to us. Sure, I don't particularly approve of ESA's plans and ideas about the expo, but hey you can't get everything you want. Nevertheless, Nintendo will be there and we promise a great show this year too. Many questions will be answered, and I hope we can gain even more users to our already vast user base. This year at E3, we will display our games and other material in a bit unconventional way. Today's games are complex aren't they? But do you ever look back to the '80s and think, I am really longing for those simple days because I have to say that I really miss the Game Watch and that was stick figures moving across the screen! Sure, Nintendo emphasizes complex games and displacement mapping and all that, but not directly at E3. While we will of course present many new games for both the Wii and the DS, we display these games with ease in mind. From the strict, harsh conferences in previous years to a relaxed, smooth and friendly experience, Nintendo is going this year. We will not be slow with inviting gamers up on the stage, to experience our very most new gaming experiences. The conference will however not be limited only to a stage, somewhere in Santa Monica, but it will continue on the show floor, as I with many others will lead a vast variey of press key people around the show floors, to demonstrate our new games. There will also be midnight feasts and similar, but I am not sure I will be able to attend those. Sure, the response from Nintendo is to "mingle" with as many people as possible, but I am keen to get a good night's sleep too. We'll see how we will work that out.

KK: Anyhow I guess it's fair to say that Nintendo will come out with some incredible games this year, like Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but do you care to tell us about any new game project you will potentially be showing at E3 or perhaps at TGS?

SM: I do think we are too conscious of competition, so I am not really required to tell you anything about any of my new projects. But just because you are my friend, Katsuaki, I can give you a few glimpses of what we may or may not show at E3. For some months ago, I read this small article in a gaming magazine, about a game that was only sound oriented. This got me very interested. As Nintendo is always trying lately to get more people to play, I told Mr Iwata about how we could give blind people and deaf people a chance to play games. We agreed on a new project, which I am not going to name right now, that would gain handicapped people, even though I dislike the word handicapped. I am not sure if we are going to display both of the games at E3, but I think you can estimate the chance of it to pretty high. So, games for hearing impaired and blind people, we were destined to make. You are probably wondering how such games would look. Well, it is not very hard at all. The only thing we emphasized was sight respectively sound. In the first game, which is for blind people, we have many high end sound features, like holophonic sound [Katsuaki gasps a little] and much more. As it would be pretty difficult to develop a game with a plot, only using sounds, we have developed a full game with full graphics and all. The only thing we have done is to include a blind mode, which makes everything except for the HUD and the game menus completely black. While the game with full graphics and all is very beautiful, the game is designed to be finished not using your eyes, but your ears.
It is basically the same concept for the game which is for deaf people. Here, everything in the game is about motion and reflexes. We promise that in this game, which will feature very nice music if you want it, you will experience the most detailed physics system ever seen in a game. Then we include games like Crysis and Tom Clancy's new project, which are believed to be the games with the most realistic physics models yet. So, those are some factors you can hopefully, I won't say 100 %, expect at E3.

KK: So this is - beautiful. I have always thought of you as a very nice person, but this goes far beyond what I can call gaming. There are however some factors I must bring to the surface. For example, the sound. I assume the Wiimote speaker will be used in the sound game. Now, while I like the idea of a speaker in the Wiimote, I don't think I am alone saying that the sound is not the most realistic. You mentioned that we will experience high end sound features. Sure, Wii supports Dolby Pro Logic II, and even if that gives a clean sound, it does not stand up to the giants like Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby Digital Plus. How are you planning to tackle this?

SM: The time passed very quickly from when people enjoyed the speaker to when people hated it. This was quite enervating to us, and just at that point releasing an upgraded controller would have just been dump. Except from the poor sound quality, we have also seen quite a number of technical difficulties, due to the fact of sweat getting into the actual speaker. As I said, very soon after the launch, the problem reports started flying in. We decided just to tell people to be careful. We replaced the Wii straps as well, as you surely remember. This year when people have grown used to the sound quality of the Wiimote, Nintendo has decided to strike. While you because of a software update won't need to replace your Wiimote, a revitalized Wiimote will launch in conjunction with the two previously issued games. So, what will this revitalized controller include? Well, I can not of course tell you everything, but I promise support for both Dolby Digital 7.1, Dolby True HD...friendlier buttons and much much more.

KK: I am of course very pleased with this, but does this not contradict everything Nintendo has said about not competing only with raw power, about the gaming experience being about the heat of emotion, and not the...chill of technology?

SM: Nintendo does not and will never say that graphics and raw power are bad. Just remember my recent quote about Nintendo providing the most detailed physics system ever seen in a game. Now, would that have been made possible if Nintendo did not care if our games today looked like for example games on "ZX Spectrum"? I think not. What Nintendo meant with "the heat of emotion" is that you can not solemnly build a great game around a very detailed system. The very true emotions of the developer must be put into the game to make it a masterpiece. Sure, I agree on many games on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 being fantastic. Take for example "Gears of War". Now, that is game that both has a great story, great character interactions and great graphics and sound. But too few games that have a beast of a graphics engine rely on the story. Instead, the polygon count is thrown to the first row, and it is by then my interest of that game begins to fade. Now, I am not going to tell anything further of Nintendo current and future approach to graphics, even though you might get to know about it on E3, but instead just tell you a few more things about the Wiimote sound upgrade. This upgrade will be distributed via WiiConnect24 mainly. You will however be able to purchase the update in stores. Then, not only the upgrade but 1000 Wii Points and some rarities will come.
Your thoughts must be surrounding how we are able to upgrade the sound while actually not pointing out any specific physical installation. Well, to tell you the truth Katsuaki, the Wiimote was never to 100 % finalized to the launch in November last year. We still had some minor details we wanted to work with, but due to time restraint, we were forced to leave some factors behind. What we did however leave was future support for Dolby Digital 7.1, Dolby True HD and many more, as we originally tended to have at least one of those. Our interest of the technologies however grew during the coming months, so to this upgrade we decided to include even more sound techniques, as long with some Wiimote modifications.

KK: Hmmm, I am not sure with this one, but could you indirectly be hinting at more yet to be finalized techniques with the Wii?
You haven't been holding that helmet under the desk all this time, have you?

SM: [Laughing]No no, we have no secret virtual reality helmet hidden under our desks. Again, the Nintendo On video was made by the very talented Pablo Belmonte. While Pablo does not work for Nintendo, he should still have kudos for his video, as it was very detailed. But no, we have not and we are not working on any virtual reality helmet. But as you asked also about any more "yet to be finalized" features in Wii, I can tell you that you are not on the wrong foot here. Whether it is about high def, better graphics or more power in Wii, I am not going to tell. But I am willing to bet on you seeing something truly revolutionary this year, either at E3, TGS or E for All. Furthermore, I can reveal that we are working on another addition to Wii. This thing is however not something we did not have time to put in Wii from the beginning, but something completely new.

KK: Okay, that is very nice to hear. Now, you told us before you had something to show us here today. Do you mind telling us about it?

SM: Certainly. I decided to bring actually a game here today. This is a new project of our friends at Brownie Brown and Intelligent Systems. No, they have not merged, they are only responsible for different things. Brownie Brown is responsible mainly for the story, and Intelligent Systems is responsible mainly for the graphics and the physics. So, to the game now [Mr Miyamoto brings a Wii game case out of his bag]. It is called "KumaSquirrel" and it is about a squirrel that loses its home due to the Kuma River in Japan flooding. I assume we could call it an adventure or RPG game. However, why not take a look at it. Remember, this is from the alpha version, so much could change once we the final version. [Miyamoto demonstrates a flooding sequence where the squirrel is sitting on a huge log that is floating on the river] So here you see the squirrel, which has the tentative name Ebb. Soon enough, there will be some rapid rafts and this will turn into a bumpy ride. As you can see here, we are in the middle of the river and there is not much to grab onto. So, our best choice is to jump from log to log and hopefully get out of this mess. Now, notice the very realistic movement of Ebb. You can as well see that we have modelled it with great care, and even included soft blend on every hair string.

KK: So this involves the motion sensitive controller in a new way, I presume?

SM: I would say "Give it a try". If you use it then you will know how it feels. Don't be afraid of losing control. I must admit I don't really now myself how to do this. I must remember to ask Kameoka next time I drop by.

KK: So, let's see here...ah, there I got it. So Shigeru, how are you involved in this project?

SM: [Takes controller after getting it back] It is always fun to try something new. I am known for pretty light experiences, so I decided to drop into something that features more deep feelings and a bit of agony. "KumaSquirrel" will be very sad, and it might not be for everybody. But then again I promise alternative endings, and quite many of them, in conjunction with "event moves and sequences". Now, I design small things in this game like underwater features like fishes, but also for example cloud formations and how birds move in groups. These are things that will heavily come to affect the player of the game.

KK: Watch out...

SM: [Miyamoto grabs the controller as the log which Ebb is sitting on is about to be launched into a steel barrier]Now, that was close. I think we are mostly done here, there are only the rafts left. Ah, there we go. Now you will be able to see Ebb in motion. Here is for example a couple of "event moves". Press 1 to launch at that branch. But wait, Ebb forgot her, yes it is a female squirrel, food which was as well on the log. We must quickly find it, or else Ebb won't have anything to eat. [Miyamoto does some moves with the Wiimote and soon enough ends the preview with a spectacular cut scene where you see Ebb in some kind of tree swinging dance where she is trying to keep the food]Now, there you have it.

KK: There are many more questions erupting right now, but I think we can leave that for later, as I think we should move to the next topic. As you mentioned, or at least hinted, Nintendo will be present at the new video game expo E for All in October. This show will not be only for industry specific people, but for the public. Just like Tokyo Game Show, which Nintendo also will attend. Will you be present at this show. If so, what do you think about the approach to the public sector?

SM: I will be present at this according to me very exciting show. For me, the best marketing is the customer specific marketing. What is more important however is that I will have time to connect with new people, and perhaps make some new friends. You know, it is quite hard for me to get new "real" friends. Hopefully however, it will be all right. But not only the gaming aspect of this expo is interesting me. I have heard that movies and cartoons will be presented there. As I am in for both things, this looks like a real blast for me. Also to mention is that I will be there signing a couple of games as well. I am looking forward to this event, and I hope we can meet there, Katsuaki.

KK: I hope so too. Now, to the next question. With GTA IV launching in October and it being a huge game yet not a MMORPG, what is Nintendo planning to do to tackle this game? You have for example Game Freak and Genius Sonority that could create something equivalent to GTA.

SM: Well, Japanese players do not really care for conventional online games. And as we are always tending to create something for every part of the world we are active in, we are not really sure how to handle in this scenario. Grand Theft Auto is not the top selling game in Japan really. But we are sure to develop at least one MMORPG during the active time of Wii. What we will do in October to compete with GTA IV is however to remain hidden for a while.

KK: Furthermore, I would like to ask you about Tokyo Game Show. What will happen there you think?

SM: On Tokyo Game Show this year, Nintendo will continue to express thoughts about what we are planning to reveal on E3.
A wide variety of games will be playable on the show. Including "KumaSquirrel". We will also be sure to show the previous titles of our newly obtained development studios.

KK: One last question. What are you planning to do next week?

SM: I am planning to attend a boccia tournament with my friends. Perhaps also plant a new tree in the garden. But that's for next week and you never knows what is coming.

KK: It has been a great pleasure Mr Miyamoto. Thank you very much for a very nice interview. This is Katsuaki Kato
with Shigeru Miyamoto. See you next time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miyamoto kicks ass!

Gallagher

Banned
PerkeyMan said:

KK -- Katsuaki Kato
SM -- Shigeru Miyamoto

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KK: You may not know the name Shigeru Miyamoto, but I guarantee you know his babies - Super Mario, Donkey Kong and many more.
Without his characters - and without Miyamoto - Nintendo would almost certainly not be what it is today: a super power in the cut-throat world of computer games. But we are not here today to talk so much about Nintendo's history, but more to emphasize the future of Nintendo.

KK: Mr Miyamoto welcome to Famitsu Weekly! Now many people would say that you've got this dream job, you get to design games every day and you also get paid for it at the end as well. We now a bit about your history, so please take us through your and Nintendo's future.

SM: As you surely know, I am deeply involved in the Super Mario Galaxy project, so that obviously takes up much of my time. But I do find myself as well discussing the Wii and its position right now. Mr Iwata and I have for example got us involved in a quite special new project lately, but I can not say more about that right now. Apart from that, I am also preparing a bit for our coming expos. Doing my usual swimming and working in my garden keeps me focused. I have also built a small training course in our backyard, for our dog, so that keeps me focused too. Many things I have to keep track of.

KK: Since you in your nice speech at GDC spoke heavily about the "Wifeometer", I thought I could take the opportunity to ask how Mrs Miyamoto is doing.

SM: Mrs Miyamoto is doing fine. We are planning in next week to actually renew our marriage vows, so she is very excited about that. I am too of course. I have found this beautiful flower ceremony which I am going to have on our "party". But please dont tell, she doesn't know yet. Apart from that we are just doing fine.

KK: That sounds lovely. But now to Nintendo and what you are planning to do next. For example, Electronic Entertainment Expo has been pushed back to July this year, do you still plan to attend the expo?

SM: Of course we are going to attend E3. That show is very important to us. Sure, I don't particularly approve of ESA's plans and ideas about the expo, but hey you can't get everything you want. Nevertheless, Nintendo will be there and we promise a great show this year too. Many questions will be answered, and I hope we can gain even more users to our already vast user base. This year at E3, we will display our games and other material in a bit unconventional way. Today's games are complex aren't they? But do you ever look back to the '80s and think, I am really longing for those simple days because I have to say that I really miss the Game Watch and that was stick figures moving across the screen! Sure, Nintendo emphasizes complex games and displacement mapping and all that, but not directly at E3. While we will of course present many new games for both the Wii and the DS, we display these games with ease in mind. From the strict, harsh conferences in previous years to a relaxed, smooth and friendly experience, Nintendo is going this year. We will not be slow with inviting gamers up on the stage, to experience our very most new gaming experiences. The conference will however not be limited only to a stage, somewhere in Santa Monica, but it will continue on the show floor, as I with many others will lead a vast variey of press key people around the show floors, to demonstrate our new games. There will also be midnight feasts and similar, but I am not sure I will be able to attend those. Sure, the response from Nintendo is to "mingle" with as many people as possible, but I am keen to get a good night's sleep too. We'll see how we will work that out.

KK: Anyhow I guess it's fair to say that Nintendo will come out with some incredible games this year, like Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but do you care to tell us about any new game project you will potentially be showing at E3 or perhaps at TGS?

SM: I do think we are too conscious of competition, so I am not really required to tell you anything about any of my new projects. But just because you are my friend, Katsuaki, I can give you a few glimpses of what we may or may not show at E3. For some months ago, I read this small article in a gaming magazine, about a game that was only sound oriented. This got me very interested. As Nintendo is always trying lately to get more people to play, I told Mr Iwata about how we could give blind people and deaf people a chance to play games. We agreed on a new project, which I am not going to name right now, that would gain handicapped people, even though I dislike the word handicapped. I am not sure if we are going to display both of the games at E3, but I think you can estimate the chance of it to pretty high. So, games for hearing impaired and blind people, we were destined to make. You are probably wondering how such games would look. Well, it is not very hard at all. The only thing we emphasized was sight respectively sound. In the first game, which is for blind people, we have many high end sound features, like holophonic sound [Katsuaki gasps a little] and much more. As it would be pretty difficult to develop a game with a plot, only using sounds, we have developed a full game with full graphics and all. The only thing we have done is to include a blind mode, which makes everything except for the HUD and the game menus completely black. While the game with full graphics and all is very beautiful, the game is designed to be finished not using your eyes, but your ears.
It is basically the same concept for the game which is for deaf people. Here, everything in the game is about motion and reflexes. We promise that in this game, which will feature very nice music if you want it, you will experience the most detailed physics system ever seen in a game. Then we include games like Crysis and Tom Clancy's new project, which are believed to be the games with the most realistic physics models yet. So, those are some factors you can hopefully, I won't say 100 %, expect at E3.

KK: So this is - beautiful. I have always thought of you as a very nice person, but this goes far beyond what I can call gaming. There are however some factors I must bring to the surface. For example, the sound. I assume the Wiimote speaker will be used in the sound game. Now, while I like the idea of a speaker in the Wiimote, I don't think I am alone saying that the sound is not the most realistic. You mentioned that we will experience high end sound features. Sure, Wii supports Dolby Pro Logic II, and even if that gives a clean sound, it does not stand up to the giants like Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby Digital Plus. How are you planning to tackle this?

SM: The time passed very quickly from when people enjoyed the speaker to when people hated it. This was quite enervating to us, and just at that point releasing an upgraded controller would have just been dump. Except from the poor sound quality, we have also seen quite a number of technical difficulties, due to the fact of sweat getting into the actual speaker. As I said, very soon after the launch, the problem reports started flying in. We decided just to tell people to be careful. We replaced the Wii straps as well, as you surely remember. This year when people have grown used to the sound quality of the Wiimote, Nintendo has decided to strike. While you because of a software update won't need to replace your Wiimote, a revitalized Wiimote will launch in conjunction with the two previously issued games. So, what will this revitalized controller include? Well, I can not of course tell you everything, but I promise support for both Dolby Digital 7.1, Dolby True HD...friendlier buttons and much much more.

KK: I am of course very pleased with this, but does this not contradict everything Nintendo has said about not competing only with raw power, about the gaming experience being about the heat of emotion, and not the...chill of technology?

SM: Nintendo does not and will never say that graphics and raw power are bad. Just remember my recent quote about Nintendo providing the most detailed physics system ever seen in a game. Now, would that have been made possible if Nintendo did not care if our games today looked like for example games on "ZX Spectrum"? I think not. What Nintendo meant with "the heat of emotion" is that you can not solemnly build a great game around a very detailed system. The very true emotions of the developer must be put into the game to make it a masterpiece. Sure, I agree on many games on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 being fantastic. Take for example "Gears of War". Now, that is game that both has a great story, great character interactions and great graphics and sound. But too few games that have a beast of a graphics engine rely on the story. Instead, the polygon count is thrown to the first row, and it is by then my interest of that game begins to fade. Now, I am not going to tell anything further of Nintendo current and future approach to graphics, even though you might get to know about it on E3, but instead just tell you a few more things about the Wiimote sound upgrade. This upgrade will be distributed via WiiConnect24 mainly. You will however be able to purchase the update in stores. Then, not only the upgrade but 1000 Wii Points and some rarities will come.
Your thoughts must be surrounding how we are able to upgrade the sound while actually not pointing out any specific physical installation. Well, to tell you the truth Katsuaki, the Wiimote was never to 100 % finalized to the launch in November last year. We still had some minor details we wanted to work with, but due to time restraint, we were forced to leave some factors behind. What we did however leave was future support for Dolby Digital 7.1, Dolby True HD and many more, as we originally tended to have at least one of those. Our interest of the technologies however grew during the coming months, so to this upgrade we decided to include even more sound techniques, as long with some Wiimote modifications.

KK: Hmmm, I am not sure with this one, but could you indirectly be hinting at more yet to be finalized techniques with the Wii?

SM: [Laughing]No no, we have no secret virtual reality helmet hidden under our desks. Again, the Nintendo On video was made by the very talented Pablo Belmonte. While Pablo does not work for Nintendo, he should still have kudos for his video, as it was very detailed. But no, we have not and we are not working on any virtual reality helmet. But as you asked also about any more "yet to be finalized" features in Wii, I can tell you that you are not on the wrong foot here. Whether it is about high def, better graphics or more power in Wii, I am not going to tell. But I am willing to bet on you seeing something truly revolutionary this year, either at E3, TGS or E for All. Furthermore, I can reveal that we are working on another addition to Wii. This thing is however not something we did not have time to put in Wii from the beginning, but something completely new.

KK: Okay, that is very nice to hear. Now, you told us before you had something to show us here today. Do you mind telling us about it?

SM: Certainly. I decided to bring actually a game here today. This is a new project of our friends at Brownie Brown and Intelligent Systems. No, they have not merged, they are only responsible for different things. Brownie Brown is responsible mainly for the story, and Intelligent Systems is responsible mainly for the graphics and the physics. So, to the game now [Mr Miyamoto brings a Wii game case out of his bag]. It is called "KumaSquirrel" and it is about a squirrel that loses its home due to the Kuma River in Japan flooding. I assume we could call it an adventure or RPG game. However, why not take a look at it. Remember, this is from the alpha version, so much could change once we the final version. [Miyamoto demonstrates a flooding sequence where the squirrel is sitting on a huge log that is floating on the river] So here you see the squirrel, which has the tentative name Ebb. Soon enough, there will be some rapid rafts and this will turn into a bumpy ride. As you can see here, we are in the middle of the river and there is not much to grab onto. So, our best choice is to jump from log to log and hopefully get out of this mess. Now, notice the very realistic movement of Ebb. You can as well see that we have modelled it with great care, and even included soft blend on every hair string.

SM: I would say "Give it a try". If you use it then you will know how it feels. Don't be afraid of losing control. I must admit I don't really now myself how to do this. I must remember to ask Kameoka next time I drop by.

KK: So, let's see here...ah, there I got it. So Shigeru, how are you involved in this project?

SM: [Takes controller after getting it back] It is always fun to try something new. I am known for pretty light experiences, so I decided to drop into something that features more deep feelings and a bit of agony. "KumaSquirrel" will be very sad, and it might not be for everybody. But then again I promise alternative endings, and quite many of them, in conjunction with "event moves and sequences". Now, I design small things in this game like underwater features like fishes, but also for example cloud formations and how birds move in groups. These are things that will heavily come to affect the player of the game.

SM: [Miyamoto grabs the controller as the log which Ebb is sitting on is about to be launched into a steel barrier]Now, that was close. I think we are mostly done here, there are only the rafts left. Ah, there we go. Now you will be able to see Ebb in motion. Here is for example a couple of "event moves". Press 1 to launch at that branch. But wait, Ebb forgot her, yes it is a female squirrel, food which was as well on the log. We must quickly find it, or else Ebb won't have anything to eat. [Miyamoto does some moves with the Wiimote and soon enough ends the preview with a spectacular cut scene where you see Ebb in some kind of tree swinging dance where she is trying to keep the food]Now, there you have it.

KK: There are many more questions erupting right now, but I think we can leave that for later, as I think we should move to the next topic. As you mentioned, or at least hinted, Nintendo will be present at the new video game expo E for All in October. This show will not be only for industry specific people, but for the public. Just like Tokyo Game Show, which Nintendo also will attend. Will you be present at this show. If so, what do you think about the approach to the public sector?

SM: I will be present at this according to me very exciting show. For me, the best marketing is the customer specific marketing. What is more important however is that I will have time to connect with new people, and perhaps make some new friends. You know, it is quite hard for me to get new "real" friends. Hopefully however, it will be all right. But not only the gaming aspect of this expo is interesting me. I have heard that movies and cartoons will be presented there. As I am in for both things, this looks like a real blast for me. Also to mention is that I will be there signing a couple of games as well. I am looking forward to this event, and I hope we can meet there, Katsuaki.

KK: I hope so too. Now, to the next question. With GTA IV launching in October and it being a huge game yet not a MMORPG, what is Nintendo planning to do to tackle this game? You have for example Game Freak and Genius Sonority that could create something equivalent to GTA.

SM: Well, Japanese players do not really care for conventional online games. And as we are always tending to create something for every part of the world we are active in, we are not really sure how to handle in this scenario. Grand Theft Auto is not the top selling game in Japan really. But we are sure to develop at least one MMORPG during the active time of Wii. What we will do in October to compete with GTA IV is however to remain hidden for a while.

KK: Furthermore, I would like to ask you about Tokyo Game Show. What will happen there you think?

SM: On Tokyo Game Show this year, Nintendo will continue to express thoughts about what we are planning to reveal on E3.
A wide variety of games will be playable on the show. Including "KumaSquirrel". We will also be sure to show the previous titles of our newly obtained development studios.

SM: I am planning to attend a boccia tournament with my friends. Perhaps also plant a new tree in the garden. But that's for next week and you never knows what is coming.

KK: It has been a great pleasure Mr Miyamoto. Thank you very much for a very nice interview. This is Katsuaki Kato
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miyamoto kicks ass!

Source: FakeNews.com?

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=102295
(Originally posted on the ign forums.) Really?
Beacause your post over in NeoGAF said that it was originally posted HERE in the Gametrailers forums.

Or was it originally posted here and then spread over to NeoGAF Mr. Gallegher: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158865.

The information that used to occupy this space was completely FALSE and misleading.

sneakymofo or should I say Gallegher from NeoGAF you are risking a perm ban.

Warned.

-GTRich

*snap*

Chittagong

Gold Member
:Motorbass said:

:lol

paddlin.jpg

And you better believe... that's a paddlin

Haunted

sp0rsk said:
I always thought these things were born out of desperate need for Nintendo's comeback.
You were wrong. it happens when people are enthusiastic about their hobby and want more and more good things happening to them. Greedy bastards.

Johnas

:lol @ the ownage.

That interview with Miyamoto is good, needs more Pikmin 3 confirmation though. He even talked about his garden.

PerkeyMan said:

KK -- Katsuaki Kato
SM -- Shigeru Miyamoto

Miyamoto kicks ass!

LOL, that interview sounds fake as hell. Someone has way too much free time on their hands. A Japanese interviewer wouldn't give two shits about GTAIV coming out in October (let alone ask about it) nor would Miyamoto ever mention Tom Clancy or Crysis or a give a detailed synopsis of a game (for the blind & dead, lol) on top of that in an interview.

Frenck

Banned
sp0rsk said:
I always thought these things were born out of desperate need for Nintendo's comeback.

No, they are born out of desperate need for Link/Zelda love stories and "DARK AND GRITTY ZELDA!"

Frenck

Banned

Ugh...

FAKE NEWS PRESS RELEASE:

Breaking News!

You've read it here first, dear readers. Trusted sources close to Nintendo have confirmed that Shigeru Miyamoto smiles 24 hours a day, even while he's sleeping. Our sources also revealed that Miyamoto lives in a house that is designed like a giant mushroom. Unsuprisingly he listens to birds and insects while relaxing in his lush garden in his spare time.

Nintendo fans can be so... I can't think of a word.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Metroid Prime 3 being played by the magazine journalists only is the farthest I will believe.

Boken

Banned
So painfully fake : ( but...

The greatest adventure in gaming

Lands of epic proportions

A hero for all time

A love to die for…

Link then appears screaming for a very brief second before the screen turns black and a tri-force slams onto the screen and smashes in to pieces.

If the character model used for Link is any indication of where this series is headed, expect ultra-realism, grittiness, and a very dark feel."

hahahahahaha

Luna104

I'm gonna go with bogus for the time being, but but but...

Vision Red. Have you guys listened to IGN's Wii-k in Review this week? At some point during the podcast, Matt slips up when answering a reader's question. He says something about a game being cool, that it's aiming at the hardcore crowd, and then he says something along the lines of "if you're thinking Nintendo's not making hardcore games anymore..." and Peer and himself laugh, then he corrects himself by saying "third parties or Nintendo". Peer then says something like "ask him anything you like, at some point he will slip up".

So at the very least Nintendo's cooking something.

But "a love to die for"? Dark and gritty Zelda again? No wai.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
if it turns out that phoenix dark wrote this, can he be perma-banned?

I whistled for a cab and when it came near the
Licensplate said fresh and had a dice in the mirror
If anything I could say that this cab was rare
But I thought now forget it, yo home to bel-air

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
how come nintendo rumors are always the best ones? seriously though, this is plausible, but im not gonna put any stock into it until its debunked/confirmed at e3 in six weeks. i really hate this sort of waiting game, but its sort of what makes rumors more fun, in fact i would be more inclined to believe this if it werent for the zelda news. and even that fits a bit. i really want to know more.

God's Beard said:
I whistled for a cab and when it came near the
Licensplate said fresh and had a dice in the mirror
If anything I could say that this cab was rare
But I thought now forget it, yo home to bel-air

Yep.. been watching the million hour marathon for the past few weeks.

I assume Nick at Nite never stops playing Fresh Prince. I only turn the TV on after 11 or 12 and when I go to bed around 2-4, it's never over, so surely they just play Fresh Prince all day.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Why do people make up shit like this and post it? I mean, I can understand if you're a 360/PS3 fan and you want expectation for the wii to be raised and then dashed. But from a Nintendo fan? It makes no logical sense. Even if half this shit comes true, which would be a miracle, it would still be disappointing to some as the entire list doesnt materialize. But yeah, if not he wasn't tempted to throw in the last part, it may have been slightly believable. Ultra-realistic and gritty link? Sure thing there buddy.

Nintaiyo

Famitsu Interview said:
As Nintendo is always trying lately to get more people to play, I told Mr Iwata about how we could give blind people and deaf people a chance to play games. We agreed on a new project, which I am not going to name right now, that would gain handicapped people.
:lol That's Nintendo all right! Expand the audience! First girls, then grandmas, now handicapped people!

Johnas said:
That interview with Miyamoto is good, needs more Pikmin 3 confirmation though. He even talked about his garden.
He also said he's been swimming a lot too. Does that mean we'll get a swimming game now too?

Even though I'd love the first rumor posted by the OP to be true, it's most likely not (as is true with all things like this). However, Casamassina did say that the print press got to see some stuff that the online press didn't. Then again, I bet as soon as people heard this, they got started right away writing up bogus rumors like this.

I will admit though that everytime I read something like this, I pop a boner.:D

Oh btw...looking at it strictly from a timeline sense, a new Zelda announcement is due at E3 this year...but seeing as how TP spent about 4 years in development, it wouldn't be surprising if the wait was longer. Of course, I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to have been experimenting with a Wii Zelda control scheme as far back as the Wiimote itself has been in development.

We'll see...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom