• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Village

i could tell you all about the magical and mystical land of Equestria
Speaking of which, you and my separate interests have increased chances of crossing over due to the new IDW sonic comics.

In a year or so memes be will real. The world will burn

dragons are assholes

Spike is cool and needs more respek on his name.

Also dragons are cool, and I wanna make a platformer about a dragon guy at some point.

Fat4all

Banned
Speaking of which, you and my separate interests have increased chances of crossing over due to the new IDW sonic comics.

In a year or so memes be will real. The world will burn

latest

Oh cool a new town can't wait to explore it....

Dragon appears and eats the town

Fuuuuuuuuuuck

The worst one is when I just want to fast travel, and there's a dragon "attacking" me, except by "attacking" it means he breathed fire on me once and then fucked off to the other side of a mountain to beat up some wolves or something while I'm standing around with my thumb up my ass waiting for him to 1v1 me.

"You cannot fast travel while enemies are trolling you."

caliph95

The worst one is when I just want to fast travel, and there's a dragon "attacking" me, except by "attacking" it means he breathed fire on me once and then fucked off to the other side of a mountain to beat up some wolves or something while I'm standing around with my thumb up my ass waiting for him to 1v1 me.

"You cannot fast travel while enemies are trolling you."
The fast travel is the best when one stupid crab is following you and the game doesn't allow you to fast travel and you spend 30 minutes trying to look for it

Renkax

Just caught up with the NYCC podcast they did. Woolie if you are reading this . It was Jed and Renzo (that’s me!) (the other guy out of the two) who helped ya with monster hunter lol

Anung

Un Rama
They promised an TEW2 LP right?

It's gonna be just like the first one, the bugs and glitches are everywhere.

I'm enjoying this game a lot. I like TEW more than most and this is a huge improvement over the first one (not had any glitches either) but it could potentially be LP poison. The stealth gameplay and exploration momentum is very Last of Us which was one of their rougher LP's to watch.

Some of the exploration feels kinda like Silent Hill which might resonate with them.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I'm enjoying this game a lot. I like TEW more than most and this is a huge improvement over the first one (not had any glitches either) but it could potentially be LP poison. The stealth gameplay and exploration momentum is very Last of Us which was one of their rougher LP's to watch.

Some of the exploration feels kinda like Silent Hill which might resonate with them.

I am hearing so many mixed things about TEW2 that I really dont know if I want to buy it. I heard its good, better, but also blander, and the most damning thing I heard about it was its like F.E.A.R. 2 in all of those senses which I did not like.

Anung

Un Rama
I am hearing so many mixed things about TEW2 that I really dont know if I want to buy it. I heard its good, better, but also blander, and the most damning thing I heard about it was its like F.E.A.R. 2 in all of those senses which I did not like.

It's ridiculous how polarising the series is. People love it or despise it and there very rarely seems be any middle ground between the two camps.

This one sorts a shitload of issues that the first one had and seems way more cohesive as a whole although by doing that it seems a little less versatile environmentally. Well from the 8 hours I played so far. Environments could get more mental.

It also runs good...unless the technical disaster first one.

I'll claim the middle ground on TEW.

I like it because it's an RE4-like and there aren't enough of them, but it's also profoundly mediocre as both an RE4-like and as a "serious" horror game, which are two things it shouldn't be trying to be simultaneously, anyway.

Haven't gotten around to TEW2 yet, but it seems like an obvious way to cap off the month; even if the first game wasn't amazing, it was good LP fodder.

Strimei

I have to admit I was honestly very surprised to find out the original TEW had a fair amount of fans, to the point that I saw quite a bit of fanart on tumblr. I didn't hate the game but thought it a mediocre retread of RE4 with pretty bland characters (only one I really liked was Ruvick).

So I was surprised by there being a decent following, it getting a sequel, and people be excited for said sequel. But at least it apparently is better? So that's good, I suppose.

Still weird to me.

Oh and a point to TEW's favor, I absolutely adore the design of the enemy monster from the DLC for it.

Fat4all

Banned
I burnt out hard on TEW, by the end I couldn’t stand it, and the joke of a final boss fight just rubbed salt in the wound.

Xux

I like their LP for the first enough and liked how the second to the point that I decided to race their LP. (I have, like, 16 days before it even starts so I guess I should be fine.)

It's pretty good. The open world is kinda padded but those tight, designed moments are great.

I burnt out hard on TEW, by the end I couldn’t stand it, and the joke of a final boss fight just rubbed salt in the wound.

The ending is where everything really comes to a head with regard to the "do we want to make a TPS action-shooter or a serious horror game" problem, yeah.

Fat4all

Banned
I was kinda wondering why this was a three parter, because the part one was a bit so-so, but yeah, that part 2 was fantastic to watch.

This MvC Infinite storyline is clownshoes because they need a story now so you have complete opposites on the power level scale like Chris talking shit to...Thanos?

The thing that gets me about SFV's and Infinite's story modes are all the power ranger movements everyone makes.

Bobbing their heads. Shuffling their feet. Taking a few steps in a random direction. And then the hand gestures. Good god the hand gestures. All these motion capture people yukking it up while the director is shouting over the mic "MORE EXPRESSIVE! MORE!!"

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Oh cool a new town can't wait to explore it....

Dragon appears and eats the town

Fuuuuuuuuuuck

Though really more likely the guards kill the dragon better than the dragon slayer

Loved that stuff though

Dragon comes down on a small village, and the entirety of the village comes out to fight it, merchants and women punching the shit out of it and they all win without my help

Dragon bones get left there and villagers just fuck off and return to there day

Also this m v c i play through is great so far. 0 interest in the game because of how cheap it looks ( and I could just buy MVC3 on PS4). Also the video reminded me to get hype for monster hunter world

How long is the story mode btw ? Sfv length or less ?

Strimei

You can actually see the legs of the giant...thing in Home Sweet Home a few times.

(Courtesy of the subreddit)

Its a really nice touch though, them resembling the other trees.

The thing that gets me about SFV's and Infinite's story modes are all the power ranger movements everyone makes.

Bobbing their heads. Shuffling their feet. Taking a few steps in a random direction. And then the hand gestures. Good god the hand gestures. All these motion capture people yukking it up while the director is shouting over the mic "MORE EXPRESSIVE! MORE!!"

I didn't think of that but yeah I see it now and that's much of what was bothering me about this.

Also why on earth does Gamorra have some absolutely ugly yellow paint around her eyes? Its so bad!

edit: Enjoying the banter on MvCI. edit 2: Ok, really enjoying this A.I.M.BRELLA sequence.

Matsukaze

I need to get caught up on the Shitstorm. I fell a week behind somehow. :(

Thoughts so far:
1) Perception - Pretty cool and a nice way to start off the Shitstorm. Kind of a slow start, though, so I understand why this had to be a 2-parter.
2) Roots of Insanity - Nothing special. They made the most of a mediocre-at-best offering.
3) Darkwood - First five minutes, I thought I would be bored out of my mind, but this one actually really had me hooked.
4) Little Nightmares - LN is on my "to play" list, so I only watched about 12 mins of the first part because I didn't want to expose myself to too much. Liked what I saw, though.
5) Detention - I couldn't get into this one. Only got about halfway through the first part. I'll watch the rest of it at some point before the month ends.
6) Evil Park - Dumb, but fun for the sake of quality Pat reactions.

Gonna get Night Trap up and running shortly.

Top Bottom