• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

brian!

It def is the role that has more hot trash choices than most, but i think it's the most populated too? I dunno if we are counting mages or genji or specialized stuff like tracer, but i think of them all as falling under the umbrella of ranged dmg. W/o the armor stuff valla and gmane are prob still situated top 3 for having access to sustained and burst dps, but the armor system exacerbates their power a bit in the draft. But imo their power pulls more from flexibility than being strictly good via a really strong ability or having way stronger numbers. You can build superior comps not using either hero, but it'll usually be more synergy dependant than drafts that include gralla, meaning it can get fucked up if you didnt draft proper. I dont think youll lose too much harder if they have one of those heroes and you dont, but the onus will be on your team to draft something that makes sense in response.

when the enemy team just lets you walk onto the core only sending back genji as Artanis 30 minutes into the game.

How is genji + aba ever supposed to kill me Artanis is nigh unkillable at that stage in a 1v1 and can just hit the core to "heal" up.

Ketch

It def is the role that has more hot trash choices than most, but i think it's the most populated too? I dunno if we are counting mages or genji or specialized stuff like tracer, but i think of them all as falling under the umbrella of ranged dmg. W/o the armor stuff valla and gmane are prob still situated top 3 for having access to sustained and burst dps, but the armor system exacerbates their power a bit in the draft. But imo their power pulls more from flexibility than being strictly good via a really strong ability or having way stronger numbers. You can build superior comps not using either hero, but it'll usually be more synergy dependant than drafts that include gralla, meaning it can get fucked up if you didnt draft proper. I dont think youll lose too much harder if they have one of those heroes and you dont, but the onus will be on your team to draft something that makes sense in response.

hmm. I'm not counting tracer, genji, or mages. I was thinking more along the lines of heroes that would fit into a typical league style ADC. Raynor, Zuljin, Cassia, Lunara, Falstad and also kind of Sylvanas maybe hammer.

I guess really only raynor and ZJ are "bad" and the rest are either decent or comp dependent.

I wonder if these ZJ changes can do anything for competitive. Like he'll have to be really good to get picked over valla/greymane

brian!

Oh yeah there is no reason to play an autoer that isn't gmane, valla, lunara, falstad, or cassia kinda, and the first 2 are way better when drafting

Alur

He's new blood so I'd kinda like to see him get in rather than another retread if those are the only two options. Plus it's a pretty cool story.

Anyone played a decent amount of Junkrat on PTR? Curious how he's gonna pan out.

I'm trying to git gud at Samuro right now, why are his CDs so long? He has an 18 seconds CD an 8 second one and a 15 second one and you're incentivized to stack at least 2 of those.
The one "low" CD he has is also pretty boring, just lets him stack his trait.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Junkrat is a "wait for 10k" hero for me. Then again dps usually are.

Ketch

I'm trying to git gud at Samuro right now, why are his CDs so long? He has an 18 seconds CD an 8 second one and a 15 second one and you're incentivized to stack at least 2 of those.

cus he has no mana. so if they were lower CDs (and they used to be i think) it was kind of bullshit.

brian!

Afaik jschritte should be on par w/ some na assassin players and prob the best player on the br team he was on, i dunno if ppl will be chomping at the bit to pick him up. His real value looks to be his tenacity and hard work, but i dunno how improvable he is as a player. He is na hgc level for sure though. But i dunno about situations where he'll replace another na assassin player

Also ive only ever seen him play valla but that is prob just cause of draft

Kioshen

Wasn't Samuro a hero that was once classified as "The only winning move is not to play"? Was he recently buffed or something ?

Ketch

Samuro has been bugged for awhile. his mirror image AI is perpetually broken/unbroken. so I don't even try him anymore.

and the reason he was OP before was the CD and health on his Mirror images used to let him just spam and send them out after heroes and the resources it took for the enemy to kill the illusions was too expensive. They've since nerfed the mirror image damage and hp and cooldown as well.

Alur

Fair enough.

*According to hotdoggies.

Hotdoggies is still reliable for winrates on heroes. It's the largest database we have and it's constantly gaining more info.

It may not be what it once was for personal MMR, but I don't think you need to asterisk it's overall winrates out of several thousand games compiled. It hasn't fallen off that far yet.

I was playing on mines and just circled through all camps while the other team went to the mines and then I burned down their giant.

Had 2 keeps down pretty early, sappers CD has to be raised by at least a minute.

Prelude.

There's something inherently wrong about having a Sylvanas that never groups for fights or objectives, always solo camps, always split pushes, and still easily win a game. There should be a note popping up under "Victory" that says "despite Sylvanas."

Celegus

There's something inherently wrong about having a Sylvanas that never groups for fights or objectives, always solo camps, always split pushes, and still easily win a game. There should be a note popping up under "Victory" that says "despite Sylvanas."

Wait you actually win those games sometimes?

Prelude.

I know that feel, split push hammers too.
The good thing about Hammer is that I never see her, thankfully. Sylvanas is like in the top 10 of the most popular heroes.

Wait you actually win those games sometimes?
Rarely, but to be fair, they had a pretty shitty comp with Medivh, Gaz, BW, Li-Ming, KTZ.
I just kept denying them seeds with nuke-toads and walls, and I went into every plant to make sure the siege damage was going in the right places.

Milly79

Do they have a matchmaking rule in place where if you run stealth they get a reveal?

Proto, Rick and I have been running Zera/Val/Nova for 10~ games and almost every game has a fucking way to reveal, mostly by way of Chromie on the opposing side.

scoobs

Do they have a matchmaking rule in place where if you run stealth they get a reveal?

Proto, Rick and I have been running Zera/Val/Nova for 10~ games and almost every game has a fucking way to reveal, mostly by way of Chromie on the opposing side.
Chromie, aka your favorite hero?

Nova with Pinning Shot and Precision Strike can delete a Chromie before she can use Bye-Bye. Chromie can't get out of the AoE quick enough because of the slow and Precision Strike is barely faster than the quick-hearth.

Also maybe don't queue as 3 stealthies and maybe the match-making won't hard counter you with vision.

Top Bottom