• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2017 Edition

gstaff

Slight tidy up of kids toys and portable toilets, but didn't even realize Maisie was still in the pic.

gcT7B5A.jpg

crpav

Received my television not long ago and last Thursday got my mount moved(old owners had it too high) so here is a quick picture of the game/theater room:

8sSis3I.jpg

Hard to see all the systems but on the right is the computer of course then the switch is to the left of the center speaker. Behind it is the NES Mini. Behind the center speaker and tv is a small shelf where I assume old owner had a small center so the Wii U sits on that. On the cabinet shelf to the right is the XBox 360, PS3, XBox One and the PS4. I really need to make a custom shelf for them all to sit better. Out in the living room is the Wii. Don't have any classic systems connected so they are all in storage.

The surround system is a Denon AVR-X3300W receiver, ELAC C5 Debut Series 5.25" Center, ELAC S10 Debut Series 200 Watt sub and 6 ELAC B6 Debut Series 6.5" Bookshelf Speakers.

Overkill maybe for the size of the room but I like it.

A.Romero

Received my television not long ago and last Thursday got my mount moved(old owners had it too high) so here is a quick picture of the game/theater room:

8sSis3I.jpg

Hard to see all the systems but on the right is the computer of course then the switch is to the left of the center speaker. Behind it is the NES Mini. Behind the center speaker and tv is a small shelf where I assume old owner had a small center so the Wii U sits on that. On the cabinet shelf to the right is the XBox 360, PS3, XBox One and the PS4. I really need to make a custom shelf for them all to sit better. Out in the living room is the Wii. Don't have any classic systems connected so they are all in storage.

The surround system is a Denon AVR-X3300W receiver, ELAC C5 Debut Series 5.25" Center, ELAC S10 Debut Series 200 Watt sub and 6 ELAC B6 Debut Series 6.5" Bookshelf Speakers.

Overkill maybe for the size of the room but I like it.

Nice speaker selection. I only have a pair of B6's and they sound amazing.

Where'd you get those sweet persona posters? Those are real awesome.
got them at different events. The Yukiko and Naoto are from Shunao.I bought those at Evo 2015. The Labrys, Makoto, and Ann are by Dejaguar. I bought those at Tekko 2017. The Futaba is from Godsh0t, I had a friend grab for me from Combo Breaker 2017.

The frames are just room essentials frames from target. Best bang for the buck frames I've ever seen. 15 a piece and actual glass front

kvn

My setup update - now mainly focused on VR gaming. Added PlaySeat + Thrustmaster T300 + Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS 4 + AIM Controller + a little bit of interior change.

34608058833_a0016a84f2_h.jpg

34608004813_a955a2f01d_h.jpg

Really nice setup. Cannot stop laughing at the fact that you added a stylized "footer" to your images.

Mihos

Gold Member
Awesome set up! Great controller idea. Love your cabinet that your handhelds are in as well. Do you happen to know the name of that cabinet or where you got it?

they come in a lot of sizes and I think I got the first couple at Best Buy, before Amazon started carrying them. I had to have doors to keep the dust out.

Google: "Atlantic - Windowpane Multimedia Cabinet - Espresso" to see what is out there

Heero5

they come in a lot of sizes and I think I got the first couple at Best Buy, before Amazon started carrying them. I had to have doors to keep the dust out.

Google: "Atlantic - Windowpane Multimedia Cabinet - Espresso" to see what is out there
Oh nice, and thanks for the response! I actually have used a few Atlantic products in the past and loved them all. Think I'll head over to Amazon.

CLW

Everything is always a work in progress, but here is what it looks like if you walked in today:

On the bar side of the room, I still need a proper poker table there.
Bar1.jpg

Retro1.jpg

Love the setup. Is that a custom 4 player MAME arcade cabinet? Did you build it yourself or have someone else put it together for you.

I've been thinking about either attempting a DIY project or buying one from someone online.

Mihos

Gold Member
Love the setup. Is that a custom 4 player MAME arcade cabinet? Did you build it yourself or have someone else put it together for you.

I've been thinking about either attempting a DIY project or buying one from someone online.

It is from North Coast Customs. They sell complete systems, precut kits, or just plans if you have the skills and space. I can do all the electronics and software work, but I have zero talent with wood. It is really solid and they delivered it in about 2 weeks. They are a little pricey, but have much better build quality than all the local people I have found. They also warranty for life.

I will DIY another one at some point I think, once I find someone to do the wood work.

https://www.mameroom.com/

chekhonte

So many just phenomenal setups. Just when I was feeling proud of mine.

rQTsPtc.jpg

Projection in the living room, mostly for movies but in the winter when it's dark as hell in Seattle I get to play some afternoon games on it.

MAprqEu.jpg

I'd like to post my game room but It's currently such a disaster area as I'm in the middle of transitioning to room scale vr. the room is just too small for that to work properly and everything is just a mess.

MrBenchmark

UiXqDov.jpg

Just my main movie/game room I have setups throughout my house but newest most used stuff is here. Optimus is no longer with us gave to a friend who is a transformers but.

Just recently added a second powered sub on right and new tower speakers to my 7.2 setup.
LzzxPur.jpg

Yw2J0BQ.jpg

5zENR7p.jpg

35brTo0.jpg

g6WMMco.jpg

fYxnxGx.jpg

Some empty wall space I have several things out to frame Destiny Age of Triumph shirt and some posters and I have a giant Gjallarhorn coming in November.

e90Mark

Just my main movie/game room I have setups throughout my house but newest most used stuff is here. Optimus is no longer with us gave to a friend who is a transformers but.

Just recently added a second powered sub on right and new tower speakers to my 7.2 setup.

Some empty wall space I have several things out to frame Destiny Age of Triumph shirt and some posters and I have a giant Gjallarhorn coming in November.

Where did you get that HP collage? Love that.

MrBenchmark

Where did you get that HP collage? Love that.
My daughter painted that her sophomore year in high school. She's an art major in college now the Gandalf next to it she did as well that is in pencil and the Paul walker on the opposite wall is hers and the elf on the back wall.

I believe she sells prints of some of these on redbubble.

Edit
Redbubble pulled the potter painting it looks like
https://www.redbubble.com/people/yoitslinds/portfolio/recent All older stuff she has yet to put college work up yet.

Kyne

mhm.. looks like that new restrictive photobucket update ruined a lot of people's images (in the OP).

Sad times.

http://i.imgur.com/UiXqDov.jpg

http://imgur.com/LzzxPur.jpg
http://imgur.com/Yw2J0BQ.jpg
http://imgur.com/5zENR7p.jpg
http://imgur.com/35brTo0.jpg
http://imgur.com/g6WMMco.jpg
http://imgur.com/fYxnxGx.jpg

Some upgrades compared to last year's thread. Got a new amp and TV so I'm done changing stuff around for a while now.

Gear

TV: Samsung D8000 (55 inch)
Amplifier: NAD C368
Speakers: Dali Opticon 2 (mounted on Dali stands)
Streamer: Bluesound Node 2
Consoles: PS4, Wii U and Xbox 360.
What are the media stands each of you are using? I'm interested in stands like those.

It's been a long time since I've posted in a gaming setup thread, probably since a way back during my 1up.com days. My collection has continued to grow over the years and I imagine I'm up to somewhere around 800+ games. I've added new systems (an Atari 2600, a Retron 5, the fabled NES Classic Mini and a Switch) Lots more collectibles since anyone has last really seen all this, enjoy the pics!

My very humble, and very temporary setup at my parent's house for the summer. It's just enough for me though.

Got the Switch and controllers over to the left, TV, laptop, PS4, and speakers in the center, and headset and games over to the right.

TV is a 22" Vizio that I bought in 2010. Image quality is surprisingly good. Speakers are Samson USB monitors that I have plugged in via 3.5mm cord to the TV. It gets loud, but it's nothing to write home about.

Headphones are HyperX Cloud 2's and I can't recommend them enough. Best headset sub $100 bar none.

With the laptop closed:

LegendX48

Finally have my own room and, with that, a new setup!

Tv is the Sony X900e 4k set. My first one developed an odd defect so I'm really hoping that this one proves to be good and doesn't go sour on me.

I feel like I should hang up another poster or two and some of my paintings. I also really need to get myself a ps4, got 18 (physical) games that are effectively paperweights at the moment.

Izuna

Banned
90% finished setup! :D This is really my first ever gaming setup that doesn't simply consist of a monitor and gaming console in a shared room.

Device list:
- HP Omen 17 (1070 Laptop)
- Xbox One S (4TB External HDD)
- PS4
- 144hz LG 24GM77 Monitor
- Creative T20s
- Oculus Rift (2 Sensor setup)
- 16 AA Amazon Basic High Capacity batteries (essentially Eneloop Pros)
- Laptop and Monitor calibrated with X-Rite i1 DisplayPro

- This is the overall view of the room. That's roughly 9ftx6ft of play space for Room Scale. I spend most of my time using my laptop on the bed (which tucks neatly underneath when I'm done) with a controller connected via Bluetooth.

- I have one sensor peeking out from the top-right cupboard at the moment until I get my adhesive wall mounts for it tomorrow. I have glasses specifically for the Rift.

- The top drawer is where I just throw away any accessories I'm not using. The Hori Fighting Edge (360) is temporarily there, I typically lend it out but USF4 just hit BC so... My not-Eneloop Pros charge underneath. They are within reach if ever needed.

- If I want to use the Monitor with the computer (or Rift) I tuck the laptop underneath. One USB for my powered hub and mini-DP for the monitor.

~~

I'm pretty darn happy. I hope to stay in this room for a year and it's the best (and only) setup I've ever had. It's missing a good communication headset and webcam for streaming, but those aren't exactly necessary.

:D

I'm going to be buying a daylight/6500k bulb soon because this piss yellow is all from the light bulb sadly.

Man I would be terrified of having my consoles so close to the sink.

So many amazing setups in this thread though, I could only wish for some of these.

I have no clue what I’m going to do when I move in 6 months. I’ll be going from 1200sqft in the states to probably 200-300 in Hong Kong. I love small setups, I wish there were more in here for inspiration. My bedroom is around 300sqft including walk in closet and bathroom so the size for me is perfect but I have no clue what I’ll do about a desk.

Actually considering a floor desk for my computer and trying to blend it into some sort of tv stand.

CyberChulo

Finally have my own room and, with that, a new setup!

Tv is the Sony X900e 4k set. My first one developed an odd defect so I'm really hoping that this one proves to be good and doesn't go sour on me.

I feel like I should hang up another poster or two and some of my paintings. I also really need to get myself a ps4, got 18 (physical) games that are effectively paperweights at the moment.

Is that vertical banding on your TV?

Kyne

Man I would be terrified of having my consoles so close to the sink.

So many amazing setups in this thread though, I could only wish for some of these.

I have no clue what I'm going to do when I move in 6 months. I'll be going from 1200sqft in the states to probably 200-300 in Hong Kong. I love small setups, I wish there were more in here for inspiration. My bedroom is around 300sqft including walk in closet and bathroom so the size for me is perfect but I have no clue what I'll do about a desk.

Actually considering a floor desk for my computer and trying to blend it into some sort of tv stand.

you should check out leng jai's setup. His whole thing takes place in a room.

Top Bottom