• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2017 Edition

Xeroblade

Still need to spruce up my gaming room a bit, but I just moved everything in here. Works for now.

aPVCj84.jpg

Love the purple and kudos for ADTR!

Hey guys! I was wondering, do any of you have any ideas on how to hide the cables coming out of my rear IO on my PC? The PC has to be placed in a direction where the backside is pointing away from the wall, instead of against it. Currently I have a plant there (not the nicest looking one), but do you have any one solution?

See picture below. (Hopefully, if I can make it work)

(Not sure how to actually make the image appear here, but the link seems to work. Noob at this)

Hey guys! I was wondering, do any of you have any ideas on how to hide the cables coming out of my rear IO on my PC? The PC has to be placed in a direction where the backside is pointing away from the wall, instead of against it. Currently I have a plant there (not the nicest looking one), but do you have any one solution?

See picture below. (Hopefully, if I can make it work)

(Not sure how to actually make the image appear here, but the link seems to work. Noob at this)

Some sort of cable management might help, I am using this for the cables that come and go to and from my TV:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B012S2NXJW/

The way you have it placed makes it kind of difficult to hide the cables completely, but you can always make them look like one instead of many. It's a neat solution that gives you some flexibility, if you want to add more or remove some.

The plant is always a nice touch, I always try to have plants in my settings. Currently in the process of setting up my new place (moved houses a few months ago), will probably post a few pics when I have all the furniture I need and set up everything the way I want.

Also, is this the corner BEKANT desk from IKEA? You're using an arm mount for the monitor, right? Does it hold it nicely? I want to buy a normal BEKANT (not corner) for mounting my two monitors, but I'm not sure whether it will hold them reliably.

Some sort of cable management might help, I am using this for the cables that come and go to and from my TV:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B012S2NXJW/

The way you have it placed makes it kind of difficult to hide the cables completely, but you can always make them look like one instead of many. It's a neat solution that gives you some flexibility, if you want to add more or remove some.

The plant is always a nice touch, I always try to have plants in my settings. Currently in the process of setting up my new place (moved houses a few months ago), will probably post a few pics when I have all the furniture I need and set up everything the way I want.

Also, is this the corner BEKANT desk from IKEA? You're using an arm mount for the monitor, right? Does it hold it nicely? I want to buy a normal BEKANT (not corner) for mounting my two monitors, but I'm not sure whether it will hold them reliably.

Thanks! I might look into that. I think I'm the only actually seeing the cables when the plant is there, but it's still annoying :p

Yeah, I think it's the bekant corner desk. I use it to mount two screens as well. It can be a bit wobbly, but I think it works well. I use two freedom arm mounts connected to one of their stands.

@Leng Jai: Nice setup as always! Are you doing anything to hide the cables coming out of your computer?

leng jai

Thanks! I might look into that. I think I'm the only actually seeing the cables when the plant is there, but it's still annoying :p

Yeah, I think it's the bekant corner desk. I use it to mount two screens as well. It can be a bit wobbly, but I think it works well. I use two freedom arm mounts connected to one of their stands.

@Leng Jai: Nice setup as always! Are you doing anything to hide the cables coming out of your computer?

Not really. There's one hook behind the shelf and all the cables are twisted around and routed into there.

Good to see this thread is getting busy again. Not running any speakers at the moment so it's headphones only unless I want to use the stinky TV speakers. Would love to replace the PS4 Pro with a white one but can't really swing it with the One X coming up in a few months. Apologies for the stinky lighting.

That was one of the first setups I noticed when I joined neogaf last year and I really liked it, congrats on keeping it so clean and fitting so many things in a single room. Magnificent.

Two questions, if I may ask:

What's the PC case you're using?
What's the amp and DAC you use for your headphones? Whilst I prefer speakers than headphones, I'm considering trying out a number of different headphone amps.

leng jai

That was one of the first setups I noticed when I joined neogaf last year and I really liked it, congrats on keeping it so clean and fitting so many things in a single room. Magnificent.

Two questions, if I may ask:

What's the PC case you're using?
What's the amp and DAC you use for your headphones? Whilst I prefer speakers than headphones, I'm considering trying out a number of different headphone amps.

Case: InWin 909
Amp: Woo Audio 2
DACL Schiit Bifrost 4490

I was too embarrassed to share my old setup, but over the summer I had the opportunity to redecorate, having just one bedroom for general gaming and vr proved quite the logistical challenge, but I think it worked out well.

nice cozy space. i love the handheld shelf too,

LtOrange

Good to see this thread is getting busy again. Not running any speakers at the moment so it's headphones only unless I want to use the stinky TV speakers. Would love to replace the PS4 Pro with a white one but can't really swing it with the One X coming up in a few months. Apologies for the stinky lighting.

Love the setup. What keyboard are you using?

tim.mbp

I'd be so afraid that TV would fall on me while I was asleep.

Devil

Seems like I've been living under a rock. Since everybody is using vertically placed monitors now on their desks and I had no idea that's a thing. What's the deal with that? Just for better web browsing?

leng jai

Playing something like Ikaruga on that setup would be pretty good. I really need a bigger TV but I don't want to give up my plasma.

Elitist1945

Has anyone bought any TV stands from the company Monarch? Seeing a lot of their stuff on sites like Amazon, Staples, Home Depot and it looks super nice but not many reviews.

EDIT: Nvm I went ahead and bought one, BUT: http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/S79166399/

I'm getting a curtain track system for my basement, but I'm unsure of how you'd go about actually putting curtains up on it? Do you need to buy special curtains? Do all work and just attach to the sliders?

luoapp

Has anyone bought any TV stands from the company Monarch? Seeing a lot of their stuff on sites like Amazon, Staples, Home Depot and it looks super nice but not many reviews.

EDIT: Nvm I went ahead and bought one, BUT: http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/S79166399/

I'm getting a curtain track system for my basement, but I'm unsure of how you'd go about actually putting curtains up on it? Do you need to buy special curtains? Do all work and just attach to the sliders?

It has hooks. Any curtain should work as long as the size fits.

I was too embarrassed to share my old setup, but over the summer I had the opportunity to redecorate, having just one bedroom for general gaming and vr proved quite the logistical challenge, but I think it worked out well.

This is really understated and good. I'm a huge fan of people integrating their large console collections in subtle ways and you have nailed it with that cabinet.

clemmy

My buddy just put together his shrine to the OG Xbox in his basement:

Planning on getting a few more CRT's set up down there to have a LAN, thus the multiple copies of Halo 2 in his collection.

However, to me, it's still second to his shrine to NBA Jam:

Kongjarl

Neo Member
Updated my office setup with:

Amplifier Sony FA 3 ES
Tuner Sony ST-SA 3 ES (not pictured)
CD player Sony CDP-XA 2 ES (Gonna be updated to the XA 3 ES in the near future)

Record player Thorens TD 166 II
Headphones Sennheiser HD 650
FiiO Andres DAC
JBL Arena 120 Speakers
Angels Audio 8" subwoofer

Y3J1JhO.jpg

KpzyOKW.jpg

U7L3Haz.jpg

Erv

did you make that thing that is holding all your handhelds?

Farseer M

Neo Member
Hi all,
I'm just moved in a new house and I'm starting buying forniture for the new TV/game room.
Like many of you the plan is using Ikea furniture for this room.
Looking these pictures many of you installed your consoles inside Besta cabinets, and this type of Ikea cabinet is very short (40cm deep). What do you think about keeping some space behind your console for the air flow?

Went from gaming at a desk to comfy couch gaming. The PC has pretty decent specs and with the PS4 Pro, I've got all my bases covered. Also have a vita for all my handheld gaming.

uuYBXQih.jpg

All my PC gaming is done on the XBO Elite controller (god forbid) but there is a mouse beneath the keyboard for all my browsing needs.

lsuKVOgh.jpg

RyanBankz

Neo Member
better late than never I suppose. A couple of upgrades from last year.

My room.

Living room.

Panoramas.

Bonus Lighting:

Eventually I will hang the posters I bought a couple of months ago..

The Amazon Echo system controls all of the lighting/media in all of the rooms (living/bed/kitchen/bathroom).

Despite all the gizmos, my two favorite devices are probably the Steamlink and my waterproof speakers in the shower.

I love everything about this!

My buddy just put together his shrine to the OG Xbox in his basement:

Planning on getting a few more CRT's set up down there to have a LAN, thus the multiple copies of Halo 2 in his collection.

However, to me, it's still second to his shrine to NBA Jam:

Digging both the Xbox and NBA Shrine. It's always nice to see people's shrine's for the stuff they love. Can't wait to see the CRT setup with multiple copies of Halo 2, as that is also one of my goals down the line. I'm trying to see if I can get multiple of the exact same TV down the line to have a clean looking Halo 2 LAN setup but I'm usually only able to find multiple of the same CRT computer monitors and not TVs.

Went to Home Depot to get led strips for my shelves and released I have the wrong extension cables and need to find some new extension cables :(. Also ended up spending another 30min looking at various wood brainstorming where else I could more shelves in my tiny room to fit more gaming stuff

Went to Home Depot to get led strips for my shelves and released I have the wrong extension cables and need to find some new extension cables :(. Also ended up spending another 30min looking at various wood brainstorming where else I could more shelves in my tiny room to fit more gaming stuff

I live and die by the Ikea "Gnedby" tower shelves, it builds your gameroom upwards vs taking up much floor space across. Its safe to say you can fit about 10 (PS4/Xbox One standard cases) per shelf, with about 8 shelves per stand, thats 80 games stored upwards and not across, not taking up much real estate in your gameroom. They are $50 per black/ tan shelf and $30 per white shelf, in Canada atleast. I own about 12 of these dedicated for housing games right now but probably 15-16 in total for Blu-Rays and TV series as well. They move well and hold up over time I started using these about 7 years ago and acquired more as I needed them.

Top Bottom