• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
Phantom Blood started about 3 years after the original Dragonball. In fact, the final battle of Part 3 was serialized alongside the final battle with Cell.

Jojo and Dragonball are old.

Line_HTX

Lol, what is this thread title?

Apologies if I haven't been watching the past few months. Been kind of busy but I have been DVR'ing the shows I'm interested in.

As for the show titles in English, just fucking call it "My" and NOT "Boku no." Like it's already there in the official title at every turn and eyecatch. It's really unnecessary to call it that when they already did it for you officially.

And screw y'all, I love the name Food Wars!

>:p

Lol, what is this thread title?
tumblr_nlfolnEElP1sqi9jto3_540.gif

remember when Pierrot yuyused to be good.....i'm not sorry
YYH Is a fucking classic, the anime actually did a good job of elevating the manga. Pierrot did pretty much mess up Naruto with the pacing issues and shoehorning a love triangle that didn't need to be there because I do believe the anime director favored Naruto with Sakura, which is straight bananas.

Ray Down

Banned
They can just be bad with some of their manga adaptions.

I hear Beelzebub is bad, same with Baby Steps & Kingdom.

As much as I hate Bleach, the anime is better and all of it's pacing issues aren't just on them waiting on Kubo to make material but Kubo lol pacing of the manga.

As much as I hate Bleach, the anime is better and all of it's pacing issues aren't just on them waiting on Kubo to make material but Kubo lol pacing of the manga.
I thought Bleach's main problem was that Kubo could draw but he couldn't write?

Morlas

YYH Is a fucking classic, the anime actually did a good job of elevating the manga. Pierrot did pretty much mess up Naruto with the pacing issues and shoehorning a love triangle that didn't need to be there because I do believe the anime director favored Naruto with Sakura, which is straight bananas.

really because i remember the filler episodes really leaning heavy into narutohinata.

edit: also yeah in the last couple of arcs the manga was paced slower than even the slowest dbz episodes, the bleach manga that is..

Most of the pacing issues are with the Arrancar Arc and the filler dispersed throughout that arc made it worse. Arrancar Arc was when the show and manga lost me. I still watched Fullbring anyway... and regretted it. I even got into some of the final arc in the manga, but never finished.

I'd say the only arc that was good was the Soul Society arc in Bleach and the opening arc introducing the series and its world was alright. Everything else, though, was not good to me.

Ray Down

Banned
I thought Bleach's main problem was that Kubo could draw but he couldn't write?

That too, Bleach has a lot of issues.

1. A writer that doesn't want to actually write but just wants to draw cool shit.

2. Because of this Kubo spends more time coming up with cool character designs, powers & attacks rather than interesting characters and scenarios.

3. Because he just wants cool shit to happen all sense of pacing is thrown off.

4. Fights boil down to my power is more bulllshit, NO MY POWER IS MORE BULLSHIT. And we have no tension till someone actually uses Bankai/release forms.

5. His lack of focus on Ichigo friends, especially Ishida.

6. Despite being a good artist, he became more lazy with just giant ink sploshes as attacks on giant white pages.

That too, Bleach has a lot of issues.

1. A writer that doesn't want to actually write but just wants to draw cool shit.

2. Because of this Kubo spends more time coming up with cool character designs, powers & attacks rather than interesting characters and scenarios.

3. Because he just wants cool shit to happen all sense of pacing is thrown off.

4. Fights boil down to my power is more bulllshit, NO MY POWER IS MORE BULLSHIT. And we have no tension till someone actually uses Bankai/release forms.

5. His lack of focus on Ichigo friends, especially Ishida.

6. Despite being a good artist, he became more lazy with just giant ink sploshes as attacks on giant white pages.
No wonder why the man is just cosplaying these days. He needs to just collaborate with a writer while Kubo just concentrates on drawing cool shit.
really because i remember the filler episodes really leaning heavy into narutohinata.

edit: also yeah in the last couple of arcs the manga was paced slower than even the slowest dbz episodes, the bleach manga that is..
There is a lot of filler that I did not watch.

Ray Down

Banned
Kubo needs to do 2 things to instantly become a lot better.

1. Get a writer to come up with shit.

or

2. Go Jojo route and just make self contained stories saga and just have small connections though out while each part are it's own things.

I think the Arrancarr arc was fine until about halfway through when Kubo clearly stopped giving a shit.

I mean, it started alright, but the moment it goes toward rehashing plot points like rescuing Orihime instead of Rukia and the whole part with Aizen started coming together with the whole "I've been watching you all this time and set all these events in motion" thing is where it started crashing down in my opinion.

I think the series really should have ended with Arrancar Arc in my opinion when Ichigo originally loses his Soul Reaper powers after Aizen fight and Aizen captured. Seemed like a good stopping point, but money and other stuff didn't stop Kubo from making the series even worse.

Speaking of Kubo, I've heard his other work, Zombiepowder, was not good at all. I only vaguely remember checking out the first chapter in a Shonen Jump when it was the new preview manga for that issue and didn't really care for it. It got a bit of sales in NA thanks to Kubo's recognition for Bleach.

Kind of reminds me of how Buso Renkin was received decently in sales only because it was by Nobuhiro Watsuki (Rurouni Kenshin). Still liked some parts of the series overall, even if it was pretty generic.

cntr

Banned
I can only read but so much manga slowly. I've only really tried reading Berserk, Claymore, Black Lagoon and Jojo for the most part.
The issue with Tokyo Ghoul is that they left out most of the story and cut out the non-edgy bits, and deliberately made the protagonist an idiot. So it's a constant fest of stupidity and edge.

You still need to read My Hero Academia!

The issue with Tokyo Ghoul is that they left out most of the story and cut out the non-edgy bits, and deliberately made the protagonist an idiot. So it's a constant fest of stupidity and edge.

You still need to read My Hero Academia!
I might hit MHA when I'm done with Part 6, since I think most of that should be done and not being retranslated like Part 5.

Beat Yakuza 0 last night.

Yakuza 0 is a good game, and I can't wait to pick up the remake of Yakuza 1.

Speaking of MHA, I hope I am not alone in enjoying the 2nd cour waaaaay more than the first.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. The pacing was off for one episode, but the recent one was pretty fun.

cntr

Banned
You know, I wonder what the 4kids names for the Persona characters would be. I'm pretty sure P5's would've been Vincent, Morgan, Ann, and Bob out of the starting four.

makoto's my favorite btw

Worse girl is Makoto (of the main so far with 2), her dungeon and story before Persona reveal was way to long.
I hate her dungeon but I like Makoto. Pretty much Sae and Tae are my favorite older women and Makoto is my favorite equal age girl.
You know, I wonder what the 4kids names for the Persona characters would be. I'm pretty sure P5's would've been Vincent, Morgan, Ann, and Bob out of the starting four.

makoto's my favorite btw
Wouldn't Ryuji just get turned into Ryan?

Mizerman

makoto's my favorite btw

The funny part is that occasionally, 4Kids would keep some of the original names for their dubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom