• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

Messi

I think only Extremity is the one that set the thread on fire

I think the only new recent one i like is Fix and Seven to eternity(which i don't love)

Old Guard just started and i think it's getting better and maybe Kill or be killed but i think that had a lot of breaks

Otherwise it's same old same old

edit: oh and God Country

They have a few good books but for me nothing new that is amazing. I haven't read God Country but I hear thats great. Same for Extremity.

Kill or be Killed is good leaning to great. But you expect that from that creative team.

caliph95

They have a few good books but for me nothing new that is amazing. I haven't read God Country but I hear thats great. Same for Extremity.

Kill or be Killed is good leaning to great. But you expect that from that creative team.
I love Kill like all Brubaker and Phillips i was more thinking what was big hits hear and recently it's pretty much Extremity

Messi

I love Kill like all Brubaker and Phillips i was more thinking what was big hits hear and recently it's pretty much Extremity

I'd describe God Country as a hit considering how much I hear about it. But its a mini series which makes it easier for people to tradewait or ignore it.

I want Moonstruck though.

Moonstruck, by Grace Ellis and Shae Beagle, is a magical romance about a werewolf who wants to be normal that Ellis said was "very fun, it's very cute, it's very gay."

Sou Da

Nothing?

Amazing Spider-Man - Slott's Spider-Man
Spider-Man - Miles
Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man - Zdarsky's Spider-Man

I thought the break down was supposed to be:

Amazing Spider-Man - Slott's Globe Trotting Spider-Man Inc
Spider-Man - Street Level Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man

Isn't Zdarsky's title now infringing on Miles' hook?

Messi

Wait God Country is a mini how did i miss that
need to stop speed reading i guess

Oh yeah God Shaper is great

Donnie Cates also has a book with Garry Brown starting next week. Its called Babyteeth and its for Aftershock comics. Looking forward to that. Its in the op. He also writes Redneck.

I guess Marvel want a book about street level wise cracking Peter to line up with the movie release.

Miles isn't leaving Bendis won't let that happen. Plus they are working on that animated miles movie.

caliph95

I assume like Baby Groot that it's a complete coincidence like how Defenders are getting a book with none of it's classical member s except Danny

Sou Da

I guess Marvel want a book about street level wise cracking Peter to line up with the movie release.

Miles isn't leaving Bendis won't let that happen. Plus they are working on that animated miles movie.

I'm not concerned about Miles leaving but between his book and Renew your Vows, Spectacular doesn't fit unless they intend it to be the main book and Slott's reign of terror is coming to end.

Also doesn't "Spidey" cover the bolded?

Messi

I assume like Baby Groot that it's a complete coincidence like how Defenders are getting a book with none of it's classical member s except Danny

To be fair...I can't wait for that book. Bendis and Marquez on a street level book with those characters? Yes please.

I'm not concerned about Miles leaving but between his book and Renew your Vows, Spectacular doesn't fit unless they intend it to be the main book and Slott's reign of terror is coming to end.

Also doesn't "Spidey" cover the bolded?

Spidey was cancelled. I don't think Zdarskys book will last all that long if I am honest.

Sou Da

Honest opinion here, Duggan is actually making that work pretty well by giving Groot an interesting sub-plot for it.

caliph95

Honest opinion here, Duggan is actually making that work pretty well by giving Groot an interesting sub-plot for it.
He is actually giving an explanation and is good , i'm enjoying it

To be fair...I can't wait for that book. Bendis and Marquez on a street level book with those characters? Yes please.

I am actually excited for Defenders it's the kind of book Bendis should excel at
What kind of monster didn't enjoy baby Groot?
Messi apparently

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
They use the scene where Baby Groot is being bullied as a test to see if you're a psychopath. It has a 100% success rate.

Messi

What kind of monster didn't enjoy baby Groot?

He was fine...It felt forced to me in a way that it wasn't in the first before he became the biggest shit in the entire movie. Drax, Mantis and Yondu were funnier

He is actually giving an explanation and is good , i'm enjoying it

I am actually excited for Defenders it's the kind of book Bendis should excel at
Still happening because of the movie

Its a series :)

Messi

At least Capullo is having fun. lol

5Ms7pSH.png

Sandfox

The dynamics for the Spider-Man books are likely going to change up later this year.
-Spider-Men 2 will be about Miles will be moving away from Peter's influences and come into his own
-ASM will likely be returning to a classic take with Legacy
-Spectacular seems to have a focus on team ups to differentiate itself

He was fine...It felt forced to me in a way that it wasn't in the first before he became the biggest shit in the entire movie. Drax, Mantis and Yondu were funnier

Drax was amazing, I'll give you that. And I liked Yondu a lot more than I did in the first film

Sou Da

The dynamics for the Spider-Man books are likely going to change up later this year.
-Spider-Men 2 will be about Miles will be moving away from Peter's influences and come into his own
-ASM will likely be returning to a classic take with Legacy
-Spectacular seems to have a focus on team ups to differentiate itself

Lord/Miller let Bendis look at their script huh?

VanWinkle

Good that I don't really need to buy a lot of Marvel OHCs now if most of it's crap. I'll just be happy with my collection of Marvel Now OHCs and a few odds and ends from ANAD and beyond.

Messi

Good that I don't really need to buy a lot of Marvel OHCs now if most of it's crap. I'll just be happy with my collection of Marvel Now OHCs and a few odds and ends from ANAD and beyond.

Lots of good books at Marvel criminally under loved or under promoted. See Kelly Thompsons Hawkeye.

Aizo

Banned
Thanks for the nice OT like always, Messi.

Just read the fifth volume of Criminal. Probably my favorite so far. Out of all these flawed protagonists, Tracy Lawless is the most interesting to me. His messed up sense of morality is intriguing.

What's everyone else's favorite volume?

I'm always impressed Messi is able to pull together an impressive OP month in, month out with no outside help whatsoever

All on his own, you say? That is super impressive. He has a gift for combining top notch graphics with the solicits. Very eye catching stuff, really pops off the page.

Top Bottom