• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA holding live conf on PS4 today at Morgan Stanley tech conf [Up: Summary in OP]

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
awwww yeahhhhh

Let's see if the PS4 hype train of (near) perfection gets derailed.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
As a warning, this is Rajat Taneja (the guy behind their nucleas database that powers their data tracking, Origin, and EA accounts) and a Morgan Stanley conference, so he's almost assuredly going to talk about how awesome he feels the PS4's social features are and how great EA's games look on it as opposed to showing Battlefield 4.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I think he's going to use 'PS4' as a proxy for talking about next generation in general - now that one of the systems is announced - rather than really announce anything specifically about PS4 plans...would be happy to be proven wrong though :p

RoKKeR

Why are people getting so worked up about this? It's nothing. We'll see EA's games at GDC I reckon. BF4 at least.

Why would they talk about PS4 at all unless they were going to discuss games they are preparing for it? Unless they are announcing that they are going Xbox exclusive and PS4 is dead to them. :p

Raven77

Lol good lord...

This is an investors conference call. Limited number of phone lines supplied to high level people / investors. The record is made public as per the financial laws in place to keep one person from getting an unfair advantage when investing in a companies stock.

I doubt much will come of this call but hey, you never know.

Can we make .gifs out of this somehow?

nixon-audio-waveformx0uxr.gif

darkwing

Lol good lord...

This is an investors conference call. Limited number of phone lines supplied to high level people / investors. The record is made public as per the financial laws in place to keep one person from getting an unfair advantage when investing in a companies stock.

I doubt much will come of this call but hey, you never know.

gamers are invested in their systems

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Why would they talk about PS4 at all unless they were going to discuss games they are preparing for it? Unless they are announcing that they are going Xbox exclusive and PS4 is dead to them. :p

They can talk about all the ways in which they feel the PS4 will grow the industry and make EA more money.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I think he's going to use 'PS4' as a proxy for talking about next generation in general - now that one of the systems is announced - rather than really announce anything specifically about PS4 plans...would be happy to be proven wrong though :p

Possibly.but then PS4 will get two free months of being the buzzword used by any third party when talking about next gen - including throughout GDC

Rapstah

I'll probably listen to this and write down what they said afterwards if therre's any interest. How long do calls like this usually take?

They can talk about all the ways in which they feel the PS4 will grow the industry and make EA more money.

Yeah, just seems weird to specifically mention PS4, instead of just broadly discussing where the industry could be moving. Do they really expect it to make a big impact?

Top Bottom