• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: World coming 26/1/2018 for PS4/XB1, CE Edition announced

Delio

Also yeah im really shocked at that super early date. I figured it would be in March at the earliest. Im sad that its running into Ni no kuni for me but that shouldnt be a problem.

ricelord

some HQ images of PS4 Pro

KhfG7BM.jpg

vxvNbPZ.jpg

aDdbtzz.jpg

oQ5erE8.jpg

TGpLY7x.jpg

FUCK that is sexy.

Kyuur

Surprised at how early that is, like others I was expecting March!

I was really hoping for simultaneous PC launch (or close to). Do those stating that it will takes months, a year, etc actually have something for reference or is it just based on Capcom's usual release strategy?

MouldyK

Lets not be all doom and gloom

Switch JUST got XX in Japan so its not the same abandonment scenario that we went through on Sony platforms in 4th gen

I still believe that the next Switch game is already being planned. Ideally it should be an MHW port or Portable spinoff

I would double Dip hard. Love my switch

Yeah, I think Nintendo was needed to get the boost the Franchise needed, but I'm fine with them trying new areas.

Due to my Switch Love though, I'm only going to buy the franchise on that though as I think it suits me more on there. I got enough other games anyway.

Unless a demo on Xbox One can persuade me...or me seeing it at EGX in 2 days.

Estoc

Judging from the sales of high profile Japanese PC ports released on day one, the people that double dip won’t make up for the money lost by skipping a simultaneous release. At least Namco figured it out.

Japan won't be getting PC Monster Hunter World, it's quite literally exclusive to PS4 there.

As an English-speaking PC gamer who lives in Asia, this could be... horrible news(I've only just found out about this). I hope I could at least import it to play... Don't know if I want to pay for a PS4 Pro + monthly for one game.

Japan won't be getting PC Monster Hunter World, it's quite literally exclusive to PS4 there.

As an English-speaking PC gamer who lives in Asia, this could be... horrible news(I've only just found out about this). I hope I could at least import it to play... Don't know if I want to pay for a PS4 Pro + monthly for one game.

You mean they wont get the PC version with Japanese Language option?

I dunno... I would hope they offer multi language for PC so everyone in the world has access

Delio

Lets not be all doom and gloom

Switch JUST got XX in Japan so its not the same abandonment scenario that we went through on Sony platforms in 4th gen

I still believe that the next Switch game is already being planned. Ideally it should be an MHW port or Portable spinoff

I would double Dip hard. Love my switch

Hell im prob going to triple dip as i think i might get it on PC as well.

Netto-kun

Have they made any mention of if the game had G-Rank missions in it?
Nothing about that yet. But I have my doubts that they'll give us G rank in the base game right away. If they are planning to do a G/Ultimate version 12-18 months after the initial release I hope they'll also make the expansion available as an optional DLC for $15~25/€15~25/¥1500~2500 so that we don't have to pay (almost?) full price again.

JP_

Banned
Yeah, I think Nintendo was needed to get the boost the Franchise needed, but I'm fine with them trying new areas.

Due to my Switch Love though, I'm only going to buy the franchise on that though as I think it suits me more on there. I got enough other games anyway.

Unless a demo on Xbox One can persuade me...or me seeing it at EGX in 2 days.

The best selling monster hunter game was on PSP. This revisionist history by nintendo fans is baffling. Anyway, I'm glad it's multiplatform now and hope it stays that way.

lyrick

The best selling monster hunter game was on PSP. This revisionist history by nintendo fans is baffling. Anyway, I'm glad it's multiplatform now and hope it stays that way.

Yeah and how did that title do in the west?

Still waiting on a PC date.

Syril

I was really hoping for simultaneous PC launch (or close to). Do those stating that it will takes months, a year, etc actually have something for reference or is it just based on Capcom's usual release strategy?
It's only ever been "at a later date", but other games from Capcom have taken several months to release their PC versions when it was delayed.

Kysen

Still waiting on a PC date.
You're making his argument for him, its the best selling despite not having a global release.

The game has made huge strides in various areas due to not being tied to handheld hardware.

Estoc

You mean they wont get the PC version with Japanese Language option?

I dunno... I would hope they offer multi language for PC so everyone in the world has access
I meant they made no mention of any other version but PS4 in Japan(or the Hong Kong's site).

Top is from its official site in Japan and bottom from US.

JP_

Banned

Top selling game in Europe was still on PSP lol. Only in NA did 3DS get a bump, but it was a modest bump that didn't overcome the losses the series took from PSP->3DS in Japan.

edit: and weren't you one of the ones in the original thread shitting on MHW, claiming it was a spinoff etc?

Haunted

Looking at the Digital Deluxe Edition - the content that's packed in for 10€ extra seems not worth it.

Regular it is.

Eolz

Judging from the sales of high profile Japanese PC ports released on day one, the people that double dip won’t make up for the money lost by skipping a simultaneous release. At least Namco figured it out.

I agree with you. Just saying that's one of the reasons, same as GTAV and other games.

Capcom said it'll be later in 2018 and we would know if it was 1 month later. More than that = months.

You're making his argument for him, its the best selling despite not having a global release.

The game has made huge strides in various areas due to not being tied to handheld hardware.

Isn't the best selling game worldwide 4U?
P3rd is obviously the best selling one in japan though, unless you add 4 and 4U numbers together for some reason...
In the west, it has never sold as much as on Nintendo platforms, and will very likely be beaten by World thanks to being on 3 different platforms.

JP_

Banned
Isn't the best selling game worldwide 4U?

Nope

Looking at the Digital Deluxe Edition - the content that's packed in for 10€ extra seems not worth it.

Regular it is.

Sounds like you can also wait and get it as DLC later.

So, sounds like they're monetizing extra gestures and cosmetic armors? Has the XX transmog system been confirmed or is it different in MHW? Sounds almost like cosmetic armors are a separate slot that just cover your actual armor visually.

Wamb0wneD

Console itself looks nice but that controller...Ew. Hope I'll have a new PC by the time this hits on that platform. This and Dragon Ball FighterZ are tempting me to pay for online....

lyrick

Top selling game in Europe was still on PSP lol. Only in NA did 3DS get a bump, but it was a modest bump that didn't overcome the losses the series took from PSP->3DS in Japan.

edit: and weren't you one of the ones in the original thread shitting on MHW, claiming it was a spinoff etc?

I'm still not 100% sold on it without a demo. Lots of changes, and with current capcom stil behaving like Capcpom I'm still going to need a demo to make final judgement.

Also lol at Europe sales back then, the brand made enormous strides in the west starting with Tri and even more so with the 3DS releases, maybe it will continue to grow or maybe this new gen will fail fucking miserably (compared to both PSP & 3DS offerings) being tied to consoles again. Only time will tell.

What did the PSP game do in Europe?

Ridley327

System isn't region locked, so importing would work, right? >.>

Yeah, I think you should be fine, though I'm not 100% sure if there's a hard lock on the Circle/X difference in Japan, so you might want to check that out if you're not the type to mess around with the accessibility options.

Lunar15

I've never playing a Monster Hunter game. Is it like Dark Souls or more like The Witcher?

Nothing like The Witcher. The only thing it has in common with Dark Souls is that the combat is similar in that every weapon has unique wind-up animations rather than 1:1 button presses.

Other than that though, it's nothing like either of those games. Past Monster Hunters were mission based: you'd have a map instance you'd load into with the mission of taking down a specific monster. You'd hunt down the monster and fight it within a specific time limit. Then you have a main base area in between missions where you craft new gear from your spoils and prepare for the next mission. It's more like... Destiny?

BigEmil

Yet another MH World thread riddled with Switch and Nintendo talk.... Come on guys give it a rest

Yeah it will do good on XB1/PS4/PC

I meant they made no mention of any other version but PS4 in Japan(or the Hong Kong's site).

Top is from its official site in Japan and bottom from US.

Im just saying that with PC access to games isnt limited by region per se right?

Unlock they IP block servers I feel like you could play the PC version anywhere in the world as long as your language is supported

JP_

Banned
I've never playing a Monster Hunter game. Is it like Dark Souls or more like The Witcher?

Closest comparison is Dark Souls but it's still way different. Even the monster hunter clones don't feel like monster hunter. It feels clunky at first but once it clicks, it just feels like Monster Hunter is on another level compared to other games -- hard to describe.

Im just saying that with PC access to games isnt limited by region per se right?

Unlock they IP block servers I feel like you could play the PC version anywhere in the world as long as your language is supported

PS4 is region free too (not sure about xbox) but not releasing natively in your region means probably lacking language support and also being really hard to find others to play with without awful latency.

Ah my bad, just checked it.
But unlike what you've said (no source there), the psp games sold less in the west than the 3ds ones.

never said psp games sold best in west -- only that the bump in the west was modest and didn't offset the losses in japan.

DrArchon

Y'all motherfuckers better not be getting your hopes up for a quality statue from the CE here. Be sure to check out the shit that came with the MvCI CE in case you missed it.

That PS4 Pro looks sick though. I'd be real tempted to get that if I had a 4K tv.

Eolz

Y'all motherfuckers better not be getting your hopes up for a quality statue from the CE here. Be sure to check out the shit that came with the MvCI CE in case you missed it.

That PS4 Pro looks sick though. I'd be real tempted to get that if I had a 4K tv.

Agreed for the CE lol.
For the PS4 Pro, the 1080p improvements are really good. A lot more than the fake 4k they're pushing.
Shame that MHW will be locked to 30fps though...

Ridley327

never said psp games sold best in west -- only that the bump in the west was modest and didn't offset the losses in japan.
To be honest, I don't think anyone knows why MHP3rd took off like it did. It sold nearly 1.5 million more copies than MHFU, which is just so flukey compared to what entries have sold before and since.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
There is a frame rate option for MHW on the Pro. No one is sure what it is though. It could just be an unlocked frame rate.

Monster Hunter: World had its first ever public demo playable at Gamescom last week. And Japanese media has been also eager in trying out this latest iteration of Capcom's highly popular game series. A couple of Japanese gaming outlets, Gamer and V-Jump, have confirmed from their interview with Capcom that PlayStation 4 Pro support for the game will come in an option choice between 4K resolution, better frame rate, or a focus on graphics which would make backgrounds crisper. It was also noted that the Gamescom demos that run on PS4 Pro were being set to support 4K resolution.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...ort-has-graphics-options/#7zoiJ7cZaZgD8qxs.99[

Eolz

Huh? There's a 60fps option.

It was in the Gamescom demo. Resolution (4K), Graphics (1080p with better shadows and draw distance) and Frame Rate (up to 60fps).

There's some footage of it on YouTube and it looks like it hits 60 frames.

Well that's some news I missed considering all the questions about it had PR saying it'll be 30fps.

Top Bottom